PDA

View Full Version : Section ID's and Tekkers

Valleo
Mar 18, 2003, 10:59 AM
I was wondering if anyone had done any research on the Tekkers, and which ones are more prone to better indentify specific items? Or does everyone just do like me and cart the ?SPECIAL WEAPON around untill a Tekker gives good %?

Stalfos333
Mar 18, 2003, 11:08 AM
If you just try it until the percents are 10 more than the percents of the unidentified weapon, and say no when he asks if you believe him if it's not, you don't have to haul it around. It could take like 20 tries, but 2000 meseta is easy to get.

Yoda86
Mar 18, 2003, 11:10 AM
What do you guys mean by good percents?

Stalfos333
Mar 18, 2003, 11:18 AM
Like I said, you can only "tekk" an item to +/- 10 percent. That means that if you find a Yamato with 15 to Native and 5 to hit, the native percent can be "tekked" to 25 and the hit will be at 15. On the other hand, you could end up with 5 Native and -5 to Hit. The percents cover that range around the base elements, and all the stats change by the same amount. In the case above, Native will always be 10 more than Hit.

I'd say a good weapon is better than a good percent, but a good percent to me would be anything over 20. I treasure my Red Handgun with 40 Machine. You can find multiple percents, but I prefer to change weapon sets depending on the area, and the multiple percents are best for rare items or for episode 2.