PDA

View Full Version : Video My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

RobochiVulture
Sep 16, 2011, 03:11 PM
Seriously, how can this forum have gone on this long without a pony thread?

Anyways, if you haven't heard of this yet, it's a cartoon created by Lauren Faust (PowerPuff Girls/Fosters Home) that started last October and since then it's exploded on the internet and created a whole subculture of men in their mid 20's that watch it.

Now, some of you may be wondering "Ponies?!? why the hell would i watch something so girly?". Well, lets just say ITS REALLY GOOD. Everything about this show from the characters to the animation to the voice acting is way above what you'd expect from a show about ponies for little girls.

And yeah, great news is that season 2 is starting tomorrow morning!

http://i54.tinypic.com/262xvsg.gif

FOkyasuta
Sep 16, 2011, 03:12 PM
This deserves a Bro Hoof. Who agrees? ^^

Retehi
Sep 16, 2011, 03:13 PM
Oh god here we go.

Zyrusticae
Sep 16, 2011, 03:40 PM
Oh, yes.

Emp
Sep 16, 2011, 03:50 PM
OHMYGOD.

I've already watched every episide of season 1 on youtube and went thro a brony phase on this other forum Im on. Thanks for letting me knoe about Season 2.

BRONIES UNITE!!

BIG OLAF
Sep 16, 2011, 04:21 PM
Oh god here we go.

My sentiments exactly.

FOkyasuta
Sep 16, 2011, 05:22 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/ShyRangerSMRPG/haters-gon-hate.gif

Sinue_v2
Sep 16, 2011, 06:26 PM
since then it's exploded on the internet and created a whole subculture of men in their mid 20's that watch it.

Apparently I'm not one of them. Got enough of that shit in the 80's growing up with my sister. They did make fairly good mounted steeds for my GI Joes since my parents could only afford one toy tank, however I could only ever reproduce the battle of Krojanty. Needless to say, it didn't end well for my sister's My Little Ponys. Or the Polocks for that matter.

That and I vaguely remember cutting one up the middle and sticking a GI Joe inside to mimic that scene from Star Wars. Good times.

Powder Keg
Sep 16, 2011, 07:59 PM
Sorry....just never found this fad any kind of funny.

Zarode
Sep 16, 2011, 09:05 PM
Much like anything, I'm sure the series is awesome and all (considering the director is the same one from Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends), I can't accept it because of the usual suspect: the fans.

Much like Portal, Final Fantasy, Homestuck, and some others I'm sure I can list off, I just can't like this because I don't like the fans. At all.

But hey, more power to you or whatever.

RobochiVulture
Sep 16, 2011, 09:27 PM
Much like anything, I'm sure the series is awesome and all (considering the director is the same one from Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends), I can't accept it because of the usual suspect: the fans.

Much like Portal, Final Fantasy, Homestuck, and some others I'm sure I can list off, I just can't like this because I don't like the fans. At all.

But hey, more power to you or whatever.

Just about everything you look at that's popular is gonna have some annoying fans. If you hated everything that had a few annoying fans, well then there wouldn't much left to like in this world. Hell, PSO even has it's share of annoying fans.

I know some of us pony fans can seem a bit flaunting of this thing we all seem to love, but we're not all bad. =P

Apparently I'm not one of them. Got enough of that shit in the 80's growing up with my sister. They did make fairly good mounted steeds for my GI Joes since my parents could only afford one toy tank, however I could only ever reproduce the battle of Krojanty. Needless to say, it didn't end well for my sister's My Little Ponys. Or the Polocks for that matter.

That and I vaguely remember cutting one up the middle and sticking a GI Joe inside to mimic that scene from Star Wars. Good times.

You'd be surprised how many of us current pony fans would have done the same thing back then, but hey, things have certainly changed since the 80's.

http://i.imgur.com/TcgKq.jpg

Dr. Montague
Sep 17, 2011, 08:50 AM
It's too bad I don't get the HUB, or I'd be watching the 2nd season right now. Or Youtube will get it in an hour or so.

But anyways, I enjoy the show. It's one of the better cartoons nowadays (Ironic considering how low people set expectations when first watching this). Setting aside manliness, I watched the show, and liked it. After all, people can enjoy a show that's good, even if they're not part of the target demographic.

While some fans are completely annoying, they're really not all that bad. It usually seems that the haters tend to bash the show without actually seeing it first. Of course, that could just be a bit of a bias on my part. Although I have noticed that the haters actually don't watch the show to see how "bad" it is.

I honestly think Sonic has gotten one of the worst fanbases of modern popular stuff. The forums of almost every Sonic game on a good amounts of sites are just fans taking the flamebait of other fans. But you can always still play the games without having to deal with the fanbase.

RobochiVulture
Sep 17, 2011, 10:40 AM
The season premiere was everything i could have ever hoped for plus more, i really wish i could post a youtube link in here, but a mod asked me not to do that. (not really sure why, The Hub/Hasbro has never seemed to mind that it's on youtube) But i'm sure all of you that know where to look should have absolutely no trouble finding it at all.

All of you star trek fans are gonna absolutely love this episode.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 18, 2011, 01:16 AM
You know why this forum has gone on without this thread?

Here's a list of things that I could say but still wouldn't be a good reason or true.

We have taste.
We're too manly.
We're not that stupid.
We have standards.
We're not lonely idiots.

Plus, I'm too busy watching Transformers.

Also, this thread is disappointing. It is now about a real animal.

Bears.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4001/sunbear9485426.jpg

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 18, 2011, 01:25 AM
Sir what are your Phantasy Star credentials? It better not be, Final Fantasy has cool games!

Otherwise its some kinda viral spreading Matt Damon, wash ya hands thing here hit em with the :fire: (Foie actually). You're some sorta scout/evangelical door to door salesman among a super cult. And no we don't have to abide by it and just join the club because its big and "popular."

I mean we got a guy in here who hates pop music but likes Creed, doncha know.

-

Kinda sad that a Phantasy Star thread might disappear on a Final Fantasy board (all the more reason I don't like any FF topics around here) but this cartoon one might survive bcause look at that HUcast try to suck up to some pony fangurls "We like the same things!!" Oh yourmommaween. You gotta be mid 20's first man. That's several roleplays about bad relationships later!

Sinue_v2
Sep 18, 2011, 01:29 AM
Also, this thread is disappointing. It is now about a real animal.

Bears.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4001/sunbear9485426.jpg

You best be playin.

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/stephen%20colbert%20gun.jpg

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 18, 2011, 01:37 AM
And we do have a bit more, leaning on the 30 years old side dudes. Been had 15 years oldin, starting that 1st online Console RPGs cyberpunk stylings, 10 years ago. Bigass robits with Guns, clunkin along, Newman bloomin' test tube babies - Dolly sheep, portapotty RAmars and OP Marls - Beanie/Power++ and your Human Male HUnter. Space robots, elves with ancestry in other planets, and you pick the same as you no good at nothin flesh bags. Oh but your hair is spiky this time like DBZ, to go hunt some big swoooords, just like Cloud and Sephiroth and Squall. Ugh, "whatever."

Somehow continually get new 15 year old dudes in the registration for their heroes in Ethan (ogod if that's their 1st ever RPG protagonist), Sarisa, Emilia, etc.

We ain't neckbearded forever alone agoraphobics reaching out on the Internet for some sorta weekly series yet. We get pushed around by the parent company and Sega Sammy Sonic's new badgame holdings, and that in itself holds us all together.

Palle
Sep 18, 2011, 01:41 AM
You best be playin.

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/stephen%20colbert%20gun.jpg
http://news.discovery.com/animals/2010/03/03/polar-bear-825x550.jpg

AIN'T PLAYIN', BRO!

RobochiVulture
Sep 18, 2011, 09:38 AM
http://i.imgur.com/FSOvD.jpg

I understand that all of you people that hate ponies are just a few steps away from becoming bronies yourselves, it shows that you care, and you obviously care enough about it to be posting about it here in a pony thread. Perhaps you might care enough to actually try watching one episode out of curiosity just to see how stupid it really is?

Canard de Bain
Sep 18, 2011, 09:43 AM
Curiosity meter is very high.

Orange_Coconut
Sep 18, 2011, 11:17 AM
Well, I watched the first two episodes after reading this topic. I guess it feels like a classic cartoon, which is nice. I don't think I'll be continuing with the series, though, as it doesn't really keep my interest. That being said, the characters seem pretty well done in terms of personality (mainly because they're each an embodiment of certain attitudes and behaviors) and the style of humor is refreshing in this current era of cartoons.

Nothing against the community or anything, but the term "brony" just makes me wince. That, and it seems like this show is most popular among those who dabble in internet humor. There's no problem with that, but despite the fact that I frequent some forums and spend some time online, I never really got into it all as much as did others from my generation and younger generations.

There seem to be a lot of remakes or new spins on old TV shows nowadays. Nothing wrong with that, and unlike the older My Little Pony show (which I did watch as a child) this one seems like it would've been more entertaining to me had I grown up with it. Other shows, like the new Looney Tunes series, are just taking classics and ruining iconic figures from my past instead of improving upon them. So the new My Little Pony show has a drastic improvement over the older series at least, in my opinion.

Retehi
Sep 18, 2011, 12:09 PM
I understand that all of you people that hate ponies are just a few steps away from becoming bronies yourselves, it shows that you care, and you obviously care enough about it to be posting about it here in a pony thread. Perhaps you might care enough to actually try watching one episode out of curiosity just to see how stupid it really is?

You lose any credibility when all your reply can be summed up with is "no u". Lot of us just hate having all this pony crap shoved in our faces at every other corner, and most of the time it's because of near zealous religious-esque behavior of the fantards that make us rage. "HEY GUYS WATCH PONIES, YOU GUYS LIKE PONIES? ARE YOU BRONY? BE A BRONY! LOOK A PONY MACRO". . case in point with present company.

In the case of being fair, I watched an episode a while back, and I just don't like it. I'd rather watch Amazing World of Gumball or Adventure Time if I need a cutesy shit fix. Both of which I find a lot more amazing than MLP personally.

RobochiVulture
Sep 18, 2011, 12:30 PM
shoved in our faces

I'm afraid you shoved it in your own face the second you clicked on this thread, you knew what was in here and you clicked on it anyway. That said, if you don't like it, that's perfectly fine, the show isn't gonna be for everybody. I'm glad you at least decided to give it a chance before you formed your opinion and started hating it.

Also, I'm a big fan of Adventure Time too.

http://i.imgur.com/KwpP4l.jpg

Blue-Hawk
Sep 18, 2011, 12:38 PM
You know why this forum has gone on without this thread?

Here's a list of things that I could say but still wouldn't be a good reason or true.

We have taste.
We're too manly.
We're not that stupid.
We have standards.
We're not lonely idiots.

]

Agreed with that list. I gave the show a good 25 seconds and then turned it off. I felt like a better person for doing so. The first cutsey thing in it made me feel like performing an involuntary personal protein spill and then finding anyone that finds the show that isn't in the age group of 3-7 years old and giving them a second smile below the jaw.

And on a side note- ANY and ALL people that continue to use that annoying 'bro' crap in conjunction with other words in my personal presence are fair game for me and my very large fist.

Grow up people.

Angelo
Sep 18, 2011, 12:41 PM
It is an impressive looking show for being made in Adobe Flash.

That's the nicest thing I can say about it.

Retehi
Sep 18, 2011, 01:18 PM
I'm afraid you shoved it in your own face the second you clicked on this thread

Actually no, I get it via IM's, retweets, text messages, and general word of mouth. It doesn't end no matter where I am.

BIG OLAF
Sep 18, 2011, 01:20 PM
Actually no, I get it via IM's, retweets, text messages, and general word of mouth. It doesn't end no matter where I am.

And, to add to this post here, it's not just in designated "MLP" threads. I see annoying pony image macros, and other things of that nature, all over the place in other forums, regardless of whether or not the thread in question has anything to do with MLP.

So, Retehi is right. It does get shoved in people's faces. And, while I don't particularly give that much of a shit, it does get kind of annoying.

RobochiVulture
Sep 18, 2011, 01:27 PM

I meant you shoved it in your own face this time when you knowingly clicked this thread. I'm not the person that's been IMing, tweeting, texting you, or telling you by mouth, so i'm not to blame for that. All i've done was make this thread for those of you that already love ponies and those of you that are just curious about the whole phenomenon, if you don't like my thread you don't have to browse it or post in it.

Orange_Coconut
Sep 18, 2011, 01:58 PM
I meant you shoved it in your own face this time when you knowingly clicked this thread. I'm not the person that's been IMing, tweeting, texting you, or telling you by mouth, so i'm not to blame for that. All i've done was make this thread for those of you that already love ponies and those of you that are just curious about the whole phenomenon, if you don't like my thread you don't have to browse it or post in it.

I personally don't think the whole "If you don't like it, don't talk about it." ever made any real sense. Just as people celebrate, admire, or enjoy something there will be others who do not.

Looking at this instance of a TV show and how the thread was created, it really was just an announcement about an upcoming season and how it's more entertaining than people might think. Now, in regards to the latter part of the subject, that means that you'll have people coming in who agree, disagree, or just don't know how to feel about it just yet. As anyone with an opinion, there will be people who disagree and they're entitled to their own opinions.

I don't think that (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here) Retehi was pointing at you specifically when he said that this stuff has been "shoved in our faces". Like your personal experience with the TV show has you claiming that it is "REALLY GOOD", perhaps his experience with the show has not been the same, and by the sound of it maybe his experience with the fans has been rather daunting. As he's mentioned in the post, he tried seeing what all the hubbub was about and decided that the show was nothing special.

Of course, my disclaimer is that what I infer from what others say could be twisted in a way that doesn't represent what they were trying to convey. So whatever it is that I am trying to convey through the example of others could be flawed in case the message they're trying to present wasn't created to mean what I interpreted it as. The point of all this, however, is to say that just because someone has a negative opinion about a subject doesn't mean he or she should not say anything about it. While your thread may not have been shoved in his face, as you claim, he didn't really have it shoved in his own face just because he felt that he wanted to comment on how he dislikes the show and its community. Now, if he constantly browses forums to look for pony threads (not saying you do, Retehi, just giving an example) and people presenting pony avatars/sigs/art/memes then he'd be shoving it in his own face.

My personal stance on the issue is that of the majority of people on this last page, where I really don't think the show is all that it's worked up to be. I haven't experienced all of the workings of the fanbase like others may have, but I don't see what's so entertaining about it all. Of course, that doesn't mean that it's bad so much as I don't particularly like the show and thus I present that opinion here since this thread is about said show. I personally think that it's important to have each party present its case and opinion on the matter through personal experiences or thoughts, as that's what I feel makes interesting discussion rather than total agreement on any given subject. While it's comforting to know that others agree with you, I think it's too often difficult for people to look at opposing thoughts on any given subject and have a good debate about it.

yoshiblue
Sep 18, 2011, 02:02 PM
We need a debate referee.

RobochiVulture
Sep 18, 2011, 02:18 PM
I personally don't think the whole "If you don't like it, don't talk about it." ever made any real sense. Just as people celebrate, admire, or enjoy something there will be others who do not.

Looking at this instance of a TV show and how the thread was created, it really was just an announcement about an upcoming season and how it's more entertaining than people might think. Now, in regards to the latter part of the subject, that means that you'll have people coming in who agree, disagree, or just don't know how to feel about it just yet. As anyone with an opinion, there will be people who disagree and they're entitled to their own opinions.

I don't think that (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here) Retehi was pointing at you specifically when he said that this stuff has been "shoved in our faces". Like your personal experience with the TV show has you claiming that it is "REALLY GOOD", perhaps his experience with the show has not been the same, and by the sound of it maybe his experience with the fans has been rather daunting. As he's mentioned in the post, he tried seeing what all the hubbub was about and decided that the show was nothing special.

Of course, my disclaimer is that what I infer from what others say could be twisted in a way that doesn't represent what they were trying to convey. So whatever it is that I am trying to convey through the example of others could be flawed in case the message they're trying to present wasn't created to mean what I interpreted it as. The point of all this, however, is to say that just because someone has a negative opinion about a subject doesn't mean he or she should not say anything about it. While your thread may not have been shoved in his face, as you claim, he didn't really have it shoved in his own face just because he felt that he wanted to comment on how he dislikes the show and its community. Now, if he constantly browses forums to look for pony threads (not saying you do, Retehi, just giving an example) and people presenting pony avatars/sigs/art/memes then he'd be shoving it in his own face.

My personal stance on the issue is that of the majority of people on this last page, where I really don't think the show is all that it's worked up to be. I haven't experienced all of the workings of the fanbase like others may have, but I don't see what's so entertaining about it all. Of course, that doesn't mean that it's bad so much as I don't particularly like the show and thus I present that opinion here since this thread is about said show. I personally think that it's important to have each party present its case and opinion on the matter through personal experiences or thoughts, as that's what I feel makes interesting discussion rather than total agreement on any given subject. While it's comforting to know that others agree with you, I think it's too often difficult for people to look at opposing thoughts on any given subject and have a good debate about it.

I agree with most of what you've said, but in the case of Retihi, he entered this thread with the post "Oh god here we go." in an attempt to derail things.

As for the people that don't like the show, do feel free to give feed back on it and tell us what you do and don't like about it. For those of you that haven't even watched the show (or only watched for 25 seconds) and wanna call it garbage, your posts don't really add to this thread and they just derail things further.

I'd appreciate it if we could keep this thread about the show and not about the experiences you guys have had with it's fans.

Retehi
Sep 18, 2011, 02:25 PM
*awesome*

Thank you for putting that more eloquently than I could, pretty much the gist of it. Much obliged.

Retihi

No.

Bowing outta this one now though.

Zyrusticae
Sep 18, 2011, 08:57 PM
Agreed with that list. I gave the show a good 25 seconds and then turned it off. I felt like a better person for doing so. The first cutsey thing in it made me feel like performing an involuntary personal protein spill and then finding anyone that finds the show that isn't in the age group of 3-7 years old and giving them a second smile below the jaw.

And on a side note- ANY and ALL people that continue to use that annoying 'bro' crap in conjunction with other words in my personal presence are fair game for me and my very large fist.

Grow up people.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Y'know, there's something I find incredibly humorous about intolerant people telling others to "grow up", as though that actually means anything.

I am also incredibly amused at manly macho masculinity-obsessed blowhards that absolutely, positively cannot accept anything cute or feminine, at all. Like they have some kind of gag reflex against it.

I guess it's natural, though. I mean, it is a natural reflex, right? For alpha males to really, really hate non-male things? :???:

It being natural doesn't make it any less funny, however! :-D

yoshiblue
Sep 18, 2011, 09:31 PM
Everyone shouldn't see everything in black and white. We can have a few people who see that way. Its what makes us different. Just like how some like this show and some don't. Now go watch Cromartie High School! Yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh!!!

RobochiVulture
Sep 18, 2011, 11:15 PM
Okay, i think this thread has been derailed long enough, and i think i know exactly what it needs, Content. Since i can't post any episodes, I think I'll post some cool PMV's and stuff I've recently found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwEXGfx_YCg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MTLtt7pWKc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFdTt7hucm0

Palle
Sep 19, 2011, 12:31 AM

Remember, Internet is comprised chiefly of stupid, MLP being no exception. Think of the other stuff out there... you know what I'm talking about. Hence, it's recommended that you resign yourself to the stupid and make your visits to Internet as brief as possible.

Also, I still find this thread to be lacking in the bear department.

Mike
Sep 19, 2011, 03:41 AM
Steven Colbear?

Delete
Sep 19, 2011, 06:16 AM
As for the people that don't like the show, do feel free to give feed back on it and tell us what you do and don't like about it. For those of you that haven't even watched the show (or only watched for 25 seconds) and wanna call it garbage, your posts don't really add to this thread and they just derail things further.

I wasn't gonna call it garbage, but I wasn't going to say nice things til I read this post. If you don't care to watch it or you just don't care, then just pay it no attention. The Thread obviously says My little Pony in it so what the hell did you expect.....Dragonball Z?

RobochiVulture
Sep 19, 2011, 10:05 AM
I still find this thread to be lacking in the bear department.

If you insist.

http://i.imgur.com/Ao9Zu.png

Steven Colbear?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8WrKIvSEWI

Akaimizu
Sep 19, 2011, 10:16 AM
Oddly enough. I actually like way they did with the show. It's a load better than what I expected. There's something quite Power Puff about their approach to this, and I think that goes a long way to widening the audience for it. And besides, they throw stuff in there that is just generally hilarious. That is, if you can get past the show that is based on toys obviously not targetted to your demograph.

To tell the truth, I've seen Sonic shows that were worse than this. IMO, I think they did everything possible to make the Ponies look cool, with the source material. With that, I have to give them the slow clap and kudos. There are even times when the show just brushes the edge of being darker than what it is. It's just that they see the line and steer away from it right as the show is about to hit that line. Unlike something like adult swim stuff, which looks at the line, bravely crosses it, and simply skirts the edge of what would even keep them on the network.

Very few shows trying to concentrate on good friendship are made as well, these days. Very few. Most glorify brushing others off. The other shows that do deal with friendship might turn into something more akin to Barney the Dinosaur. Heck, even watching Fluttershy try to cheer loudly is funny in a Power Puff/Anime fashion.

Maybe I could reflect on my childhood with the show. Think on my issues of friendship back then, and kind of wish my troubles could've been resolved in such a fashion. Though enough of them keep a less perfect-streak of character and quirks to keep it from being anywhere near as sappy as other shows trying to do the same thing.

Zarode
Sep 19, 2011, 10:31 AM
The Colbert Report - August 1, 2011 - Brony shoutout - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8WrKIvSEWI)

http://i.imgur.com/MOcel.png

Cranberry
Sep 19, 2011, 10:43 AM
I was surprised when I watched a few episodes and found I actually enjoyed it.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 19, 2011, 12:06 PM
Sounds like a total BROTASTROPHE.

BIG OLAF
Sep 19, 2011, 12:23 PM
I was surprised when I watched a few episodes and found I actually enjoyed it.

I enjoyed watching it, too. All "omg this show is for little girls lol!" shit aside, it's a very well-done cartoon. It reminds me of the days of yore, back when cartoons were good. You know, The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog, etc.

In my honest opinion, My Little Pony is a lot better than any of that other bilge circulating out there right now (with the exception of Adventure Time and Regular Show, or course).

But, the whole "Brony" following the show has concocted is a bit...much, to me.

Akaimizu
Sep 19, 2011, 12:58 PM
I agree with that. If you like the show, you like the show. Plain and simple. No need to make any excuses. If you find me acting like those who like to give beef to others for liking anything not based on hate, then simply call me out as an imposter.

Outrider
Sep 19, 2011, 05:09 PM
Sounds like a total BROTASTROPHE.

More like a BROTASTBROPHE

So I've heard pretty great things about this show. I'll have to check it out at some point. Is there any legal way to watch it online (Hulu/Netflix/the network's website/etc)?

Akaimizu
Sep 20, 2011, 12:42 PM
Very legal. The host network of said show actually posts some of their episodes online, right on their page. Go to the Hub Network and you can view some of it, there.

RobochiVulture
Sep 20, 2011, 01:42 PM
You can purchase the episodes off of iTunes for 2.99 a piece or 49.99 for a season pass. Alternatively, you can search youtube for the episodes and they're pretty easy to find. (The Hub/Hasbro has never seen any reason to get them removed from youtube because it's essentially free advertising and helps them to push toys off the shelves.)

Outrider
Sep 20, 2011, 04:08 PM
You can purchase the episodes off of iTunes for 2.99 a piece or 49.99 for a season pass. Alternatively, you can search youtube for the episodes and they're pretty easy to find. (The Hub/Hasbro has never seen any reason to get them removed from youtube because it's essentially free advertising and helps them to push toys off the shelves.)

Sure, the videos on YouTube probably help with the show's popularity, but just because the network hasn't removed them (yet) from YouTube doesn't mean they endorse it or support it in anyway. Unless The Hub/Hasbro (or one of its parent companies or affiliates) posted those videos themselves on YouTube, it's copyright infringement and therefore not a strictly legal alternative.

RobochiVulture
Sep 20, 2011, 04:32 PM
As far as officially endorsed stuff, i found that they have episodes 25 and 26 available to watch for free on the official website.

Episode 25
http://www.hubworld.com/watch/919762866001/friendship-is-magic-episode-party-of-one

Episode 26
http://www.hubworld.com/watch/928219296001/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-episode-the-best-night-ever

RobochiVulture
Sep 22, 2011, 06:38 PM
Sorry for double posting here, but holy damn! The HUB released a clip from this saturdays episode and i can't wait to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YI6wiaOVJo

Seriously, he even snaps his fingers like Q. Also, i dare anyone to watch that clip and tell me it doesn't look awesome.

Akaimizu
Sep 23, 2011, 03:12 AM
He definitely comes across like one of those Disney villains. Especially when he introduces himself and says, "Hellooooo" in that fashion. Always like those tricky puzzle situations in which the nature of the game is deceptive, and it takes a thinking outside the box, to figure out the true nature of the solution. Usually, in those cases, there IS a solution either due to the limitations set by the nature of the one serving the puzzle...or the fact that a real solution could be so easily missed makes the idea of the participant or participants admitting defeat much sweeter.

Dr. Montague
Sep 24, 2011, 01:52 PM
Just watched it. Incredibly satisfied with just how the whole episode played out. (b'-')b
Did anyone else notice the Star Wars ending parody?

RobochiVulture
Oct 18, 2011, 02:14 PM
Necro'ing this thread because that last episode was the BEST. POSSIBLE. THING.

http://i.imgur.com/w7D4l.gif

Also, any bears best be watching out in this thread.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/288/a/6/flutterninja_gif_by_maximillianveers-d4cy1kx.gif