PDA

View Full Version : Perfect World. Is it a good MMORPG to play?

HappierWorlds
Sep 19, 2011, 09:46 AM
Looking for something new. I asked a few weeks ago & was given a few recommendations. But not this one.

http://www.gameogre.com/reviewdirectory/reviews/Perfect_World.php
There are a ton of reviews there but they seem all over the place.

What's your opinion of PW?

Blue-Hawk
Sep 19, 2011, 08:44 PM
No. It's a slow paced and highly generic F2P MMO. I tried it twice. Uninstalled it twice.

Mekimaru
Sep 20, 2011, 05:05 AM
I played pw and its okay untill you get half way to lvl cap and realise.... yeah... this is boring lol

check out Perfect world entertainment, i think they have published over 6 or 7 mmo RPGs now... one of which i play now called Forsaken world, Which is still a classic mmo Rpg but a breath of fresh air in the design game play aspects .

Forsaken world is also very playable for Casual mmorpg players or even ppl new to the genre.

another game to look out for in ..closed beta i think now..but not sure , is RaiderZ . Its like Moster hunter MMORPG and looks Very cool.

If your after a MMO but not a rpg im currently testing quite a few mmo shooters with rpg elements in Like Gloabal agenda or as im about to try team fortress 2 cus it has a very good rep .

Also im playing Need for speed World(mmo racing) which is very fun indeed =D looks like its based on one of my fave NFS's Most Wanted.

And all this just waiting for BF3 lol... might get gears 3 not sure =] But i hope that helps you =]

Go to google and type in mmo rpgs and you should get sites that will give you lists and rating of loads of games, cant remember the names of them.

And yeah, dont waste time on Perfect world, its too old now tbh and just like any other rpg, altho you can ride flying stingrays XP

=D

Somnia
Sep 22, 2011, 01:38 AM
The game itself is fine, it just costs way too much real money or time to enjoy the game at higher levels. You can get by without spending, but believe me -- it's not worth it.

Keilyn
Sep 22, 2011, 02:14 AM
Its really funny...most of the time people mention money, these players are synonymous with solo-playing. I've played many F2P games and when you establish some friends and play together in a nice orderly fashion and know how it all works, you literally minimize or even eliminate the use of a cash shop in most games.

At least that has been my experience....

Mekimaru
Sep 22, 2011, 04:01 AM
Hold on a sec, pso2 isnt going to have a money shop is it ? sorry not the topic on tread .. but omg it better not have if you have to subscribe

yoshiblue
Sep 22, 2011, 05:32 AM
Some of the "data miners" claim they saw something of the sort. Can't say for sure though.

Its was an ok rpg. Monsters are the same with different color schemes for beginner areas. Elfs can fly off the bat. Armor can only be worn when high enough level. nice water graphics. You can look like a panda. Giant flying swords! big world with lots of mountains. Most of the quests consist of killing this amount of enemies or collect this amount of mob drops. Then they have you run all over the world sometimes. even with wings it was a pain lol. Oh and I believe the foe that can't fly recover if you try killing them in the air.

Robert_Garcia
Sep 22, 2011, 06:38 PM
It's like WOW, but in China...and slower.

It's also one of those games that are "Free to play, pay to win."

Mekimaru
Sep 23, 2011, 03:05 AM
Some of the "data miners" claim they saw something of the sort. Can't say for sure though.

Aha i hope its something like Different money that you get from events or somthing, thats yoshiblue :P

[QUOTE=Robert_Garcia;2687254]It's like WOW, but in China...and slower.

It's also one of those games that are "Free to play, pay to win."

there is only a few thats free 2 play and not pay to win... hard to find they are.

search you must, pays off effort does, when a good F2P you find.

Well i messed that quote up lol XP , dunno where yoda came from either D=

HappierWorlds
Oct 21, 2011, 02:17 PM
I'm sorry to bump this...

What about Vindictus? Worth playing?

Reksanden
Oct 21, 2011, 02:21 PM
Looked up RaiderZ. It's a lot like MH, yet has enough differences to not be the same game. Mainly being that most of what you hunt in MH is wyvern related. In a vid of RaiderZ, I saw things that looked like golems and such.

EDIT: And what looked like someone using magic. Was hard to tell.

yoshiblue
Oct 21, 2011, 02:58 PM
You got the dood with two swords and the like, you got the more defensive lady, you got the mage lady, and you got the hulk. Rauga is right though, plays a bit like monster hunter but with throwable scenery, moar destructive scenery, chains to hold down your foe and alot of mobs to beat around. A story to boot as its a prequel to Mabinogi.

Scejntjynahl
Oct 21, 2011, 03:32 PM
You can instead play Lord of the Rings Online. The pace is a bit slow, but very soloable at first which gives you time to get used to the dynamics of the game. Another game you can try is Rusty Hearts, which I play mostly because you can use your controller versus a key board. Think Final Fight brawler with magical abilities. Yet another game you can try which is also free is Bloody Requiem... think Resident Evilisque gore with atypical online gaming mechanics. However this one does seem to rely alot on mounts... which you can either earn (long process) or "rent" with real money.

SirChazz23
Oct 21, 2011, 03:43 PM
Vindictus is fast action base mmo. I only get bored of MMO games if people are cable of soloing most things as they lvl. Vindictus is one of them, only a few missions are group only. hardly any free ones out there that need partys to continue on in the game

HappierWorlds
Oct 21, 2011, 04:44 PM
Vindictus is fast action base mmo. I only get bored of MMO games if people are cable of soloing most things as they lvl. Vindictus is one of them, only a few missions are group only. hardly any free ones out there that need partys to continue on in the game
I want to avoid hackers, griefers and trolls. Will Vindictus be the kind of experience I'm looking for?

SirChazz23
Oct 21, 2011, 05:38 PM
Vindictus will be for ya. good challenge and not easy to earn the armors and weapons you get in shop cause you need to get the materials and some will be from bosses. you can buy them from marketplace or go out and earn them yourself.

each class has 2 weapon types to use with their own set of skill depending on type, but 1 type must be earned at the right lvl. ex is the mage, you start staff then when you get to the right lvl and run the quest for it, she will be able to use a scythe. from there it's Magic or Physical for her through your own choice

Mantiskilla
Oct 21, 2011, 08:12 PM
Rusty Hearts is a pretty good game imo on the Perfect World website. I've been playing that quite a bit over the last couple weeks and its pretty fun

BIG OLAF
Oct 21, 2011, 09:33 PM
I'm interested in quite a few of these online MMOs that others play, but my computer can barely run Blasterball. I would love to try Vindictus for myself (only ever saw it at a friend's house), along with Rusty Hearts, Dragon Nest, etc.

Yata The Prophet
Oct 24, 2011, 07:56 PM
Rusty Hearts is a pretty good game imo on the Perfect World website. I've been playing that quite a bit over the last couple weeks and its pretty fun

I'm confused. Are you playing Vindictus or are you playing Rusty Hearts?

Mantiskilla
Oct 24, 2011, 09:30 PM
I'm confused. Are you playing Vindictus or are you playing Rusty Hearts?

I'm playing Rusty Hearts at the moment and enjoying it (lvl 20 Tude char). It's been awhile since I've played Vindictus but I was just giving an example of a game that's got kind of a PSO style to it like one the other posters asked