PDA

View Full Version : Where to next?

DayDreamer
Sep 20, 2011, 02:21 PM
If this is in the wrong section then please move it when you can, I'm not sure where to put this question since it involves phantasy star, but it also involves whole series. Not just one game.

Anyway
With all the talk about Phantasy Star online 2 its hard to think of anything else about phantasy star. But i was thinking of something earlier today. My question is, where do you think Phantasy Star is gonna go after Phantasy Star Online 2 is released?

Randomness
Sep 20, 2011, 03:29 PM
A port of PSI-IV (one or more), then an expansion to PSO2.

BIG OLAF
Sep 20, 2011, 03:46 PM
Expansions for PSO2, and then...

...I honestly don't even have a guess.

blace
Sep 20, 2011, 03:52 PM
Expansions for PSO2, and then...

...I honestly don't even have a guess.

PSU 2 Beast Revolution.

Anyones guess is as good as mine.

Outrider
Sep 20, 2011, 04:05 PM
Kart Racing.

My guess is always Kart Racing.

(But seriously, there's bound to be another non-action RPG entry into the Phantasy Star series at some point, right?)

RenzokukenZ
Sep 20, 2011, 04:13 PM
PSO HD Remix

BIG OLAF
Sep 20, 2011, 04:28 PM
PSU 2 Beast Revolution.

Pffft, if only. :D

Alnet
Sep 20, 2011, 04:43 PM
PSO HD Remix
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF--!!

The very idea.

Outrider
Sep 20, 2011, 04:57 PM
PSO HD Remix

If they dropped that on XBLA for $10 I would buy it in a heartbeat.

GCoffee
Sep 20, 2011, 04:59 PM
Phantasy Star Xtreme Beach-Volleyball, featuring:

-All the girlies from a series that spawns over two decades!

-Enhanced titties!

-Spines!!

-Screenshot Mode!! Symbol Chat with your favorite and win her heart... and her body for your camera during your My Room Photoshooting!

-Loli-Moe-Mode!!? Nei suddenly is a flatchested little girl wearing a school swimsuit?!?!

blace
Sep 20, 2011, 05:11 PM

-Enhanced titties!

-Spines!!

-Screenshot Mode!! Symbol Chat with your favorite and win her heart... and her body for your camera during your My Room Photoshooting!

-Loli-Moe-Mode!!? Nei suddenly is a flatchested little girl wearing a school swimsuit?!?!
Sounds like you had some fun thinking of that, or just happened to be playing DoA's spinoff.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 20, 2011, 05:41 PM

-Enhanced titties!

-Spines!!

:disapprove:

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 20, 2011, 06:20 PM
There was a GC volleyball game that had PSO style outfits as an easter egg. But you're only going to get that once, like C.A.R.D. Revolution.

Was going to post about that earlier in here before weirdo post.

If they dropped that on XBLA for $10 I would buy it in a heartbeat.
I don't know if I can handle any more Ragequit Akumas, no refunds.

NoiseHERO
Sep 20, 2011, 07:21 PM

-Enhanced titties!

-Spines!!

Don't underestimate japan, you forgot the chibi mode and the rewarding part of the the game being a dance competition using the sexy outfits you unlocked for you D-cup'd teen-loli-chibi-bugeye-sexthingie

DayDreamer
Sep 20, 2011, 08:48 PM
I sorta wish they would pay more attention to the pre-pso games.
Poor Alis will never see the light of day xD

MaggotSai
Sep 20, 2011, 09:29 PM
I'm guessing after PSO2 we'll receive a new portable title for the Vita or 3DS. Maybe even a PSO2 port for the Vita!

Split
Sep 20, 2011, 10:10 PM
It all depends on PSO2's success. I might even go as far as to say that if PSO2 is as poorly received as PSU (which I doubt will happen, since it looks awesome), it might mean the end of the IP, or it could change hands and go to another developer/publisher, which would be very interesting. If it does do well, first I wanna see it released on consoles. If it remains PC-only for the entirety of its lifespan... :argh:

DayDreamer
Sep 21, 2011, 07:07 PM
Yea but if its released on consoles that dims down its potential quite a bit. I guess there is really heavy pro's and cons for a console release or just sticking to Pc.

Mike
Sep 21, 2011, 07:16 PM
I'm guessing after PSO2 we'll receive a new portable title for the Vita or 3DS. Maybe even a PSO2 port for the Vita!
I think the sales numbers support this. I don't think it will be the Vita's equivalent of PSP's Monster Hunter but I do think it would make money. I don't know if they'd further take the PSU story line further down the line it's going or go the way of PSO2 Portable but either would be fine by me. I'd kinda like a PSO2 Portable though, with character import and bonuses on the PC side too.

Crazyleo
Sep 22, 2011, 01:40 PM

-Enhanced titties!

-Spines!!

*Nose bleed attack* :-P