PDA

View Full Version : What is everyone here going to be for Halloween 2011?

Ryno
Oct 6, 2011, 06:55 PM
Funny, I posted almost the same exact thread as last year in oct. how time flies by quick.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183156
but my past thread might give ideas. :)

anyways, again What is everyone here going to be for Halloween? this year of 2011?

I can't tell you what i am going to be because i want to see what everyone is going to be 1st. i already have my costume. lol.

basically doing the same routine as last year. going to Halloween parties and clubs. :D

NoiseHERO
Oct 6, 2011, 07:04 PM
I might just make another Halloween themed comic, This one less sucky and rushed and less offensive.

I do wanna go downtown and see all the funny looking people in costumes anyway...

Maybe I should wear something then... Hmm...

BIG OLAF
Oct 6, 2011, 07:06 PM
Nothing. I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was 13. Not like I have the money to afford to put a good costume together, anyway.

Delete
Oct 6, 2011, 08:24 PM
Nothing. I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was 13. Not like I have the money to afford to put a good costume together, anyway.

This except, change the 13 to 8. I don't really care much for holidays these days. But if I ever did dress up, it would have to be some sort of skeleton outfit (not sure if you guys remember my obsession with skull shirts, hats, everything).

Gunslinger-08
Oct 6, 2011, 08:31 PM
Jake Blues. I've got a friend who will be dressing up as Elwood Blues to complete the duo.

Sinue_v2
Oct 6, 2011, 10:24 PM
I haven't done the dress-up thing since I was like 12 or 14.

I'll probably spend Halloween at my grandma's old place with the family as they pass out candy, reading a book, nursing a flask of cheap scotch, and gorging myself on my aunt's jalapeno cornbread.

Randomness
Oct 6, 2011, 11:09 PM
Inside.

-Crokar-
Oct 6, 2011, 11:24 PM
something tacky and lame oh wait nothing ill be working

Sayara
Oct 6, 2011, 11:32 PM
painting

Mike
Oct 7, 2011, 12:41 AM
jalapeno cornbread.
Jalapeno cornbread, you say? Sounds interesting. I only remember cornbread being sweet so I can't image what would happen if you put peppers in it. Also, cornbread is awesome.

Jake Blues. I've got a friend who will be dressing up as Elwood Blues to complete the duo.
You are awesome too.

Normally, I don't dress up or do anything unless I'm invited to a party and I haven't been invited to a Halloween party since I graduated. However, I did get a fiberglass, Power Ranger looking mask for a video project that puttered out so I might be able to use that for something on the 28th or so. Nobody even trick-or-treats around here so I'll spend the 30th playing games though.

Keilyn
Oct 7, 2011, 12:51 AM
Last year I trapped the entire front yard with Reflectors to bounce light off of them. I then face-painted my face half-white and half-black. I then worked on making a Scythe....but couldn't so I took an old iron pole and actually stuck a cycle-edge on it and hammered it.

The reflection of the light over the darkness cast a large shadow. I then waited an hour for a partial fade of the face makeup...and went out in dark clothes....and scared the crap out of everyone coming in.

This year I am planning on recreating the invisible maze along with a mature death-trap house....just to see who can be scared out of existence. This time I have a small group to make it all work.

Every year I get by popular opinion across the blocks (and even at times end up in the town newspaper) as having the most creative idea and strongest reception. We also try to make it safe for children by giving them a bypass to where the candy is...

This year I will have my own dark-chamber room in the basement.

So I hope its another year of scaring the hell out of Grim Reapers, Devils, Ghosts, Angels and all of them blasted super heroes and villains.....^_^

Bravest person who came to the house last year was a woman dressed up as Tinkerbell who when when around 10 - 15 kids all ran away, she reached the very end. She came back later to tell us that other houses were extremely boring. I have to admit, she had one of the best costumes...She had created it from scratched and showed up because she was chaperoning the kids and protecting them.

Strongest standoff last year was a person who LITERALLY brought a gas powered Chainsaw dressed up as the revenge of the chainsaw massacre guy.... He powered it around 2 - 3 ft from me and the only scary thing about it was how loud it was, but the police were everywhere. It was borderline to becoming a fist fight.....Police had detained several trick or treaters last year in my block who were drunk while tending to children.

(In MA, if you are drunk on halloween and are taking kids to go trick or treating, they arrest the drunk person and detain the kids if another adult is not present....Too many cases here of kidnappings on halloween so everyone does the right thing and watch their kids very closely)

My stuff is aimed towards giving some mature entertainment to teenagers and adults...who feel left out that kids are the ones who get scared on halloween. ^_^

Mantiskilla
Oct 7, 2011, 05:58 PM
No dressing up for me. Probably will just stay at home and hand out candy to the neighborhood kids. I think college is the last time I really did anything on Halloween, and thats like 10+ yrs ago haha.

Keely
Oct 9, 2011, 02:48 AM
Maybe a piece of bamboo since my infant son might be a panda bear.

Candy Man
Oct 9, 2011, 05:59 AM
Im going as a faceless reaper lol. Also for those of you who are going trick or treating how much candy do you usually get? I go around 4 neighborhoods so i usually get around 400 pieces.

Rashiid
Oct 9, 2011, 08:46 AM
The door opener that gets all the leftovers when he accidentally leaves his light off.

Opps, sorry mom |: *omnomnom*

Rusty Spoons
Oct 9, 2011, 03:44 PM
The door opener that gets all the leftovers when he accidentally leaves his light off.

Opps, sorry mom |: *omnomnom*

I completely agree with this.

I wont shower for days and call myself a hobo! That way i don't even have to dress up!

I usually have elaborate ideas before October, then once Halloween is in sight I lose my determination and end up eating candy and being antisocial. The town I live in doesn't have a very exciting community. Plus my taste for sweets is never fulfilled...

Noblewine
Oct 9, 2011, 04:23 PM
I stay home and pass out candy. I like to decorate the yard and use a fog machine to add atmosphere.

LK1721
Oct 9, 2011, 05:02 PM
Out of lack of money/motivation I'm probably going to be a cowgirl~ Or I'll sit at home and watch the cheesiest of cheesy horror movies.

Rusty Spoons
Oct 9, 2011, 05:18 PM
That's one thing I completely forgot about; The terrible horror movies that I love so much. Now I cant wait to watch the evil dead series again, and see what cheese movies they throw on cable XD

Zarode
Oct 9, 2011, 07:29 PM
Funny, from what I understand from GameStop, if we work Halloween, we're allowed to dress up. I dunno if they encourage it, and I know there are some rules to it (nothing TOO scary, considering we deal with kids). I haven't had the time or motivation to dress up or cosplay since ever. Sucks to be poor and white. :wacko:

MESeele
Oct 9, 2011, 07:42 PM
The last few years I always end up at home watching Beverly Hills Ninja and snacking on the candy that kids will never come for. (8 kids is a 'holy shxt where did they all come from!?' year), so it's usually fairly uneventful.

unicorn
Oct 10, 2011, 09:24 AM
My friends and I are going to Lady Gaga again this year (last year I was Telephone, and my sis and friend were from Bad Romance).

This year I'm going to make one from the "Judas" video:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7mGlRa3HFe4/TcRf5cxCZCI/AAAAAAAAAK8/DmcHcl6dok0/s320/Lady+Gaga+-+Judas+Music+Video+Necklace2.jpg http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-y4aQ9deiukU/TcRf7-WS6RI/AAAAAAAAALA/AZt8edpdf9o/s320/Lady+Gaga+-+Judas+Music+Video+Ring%2526Lipstick+Gun.jpg

my sis is going to be from "You and I":
http://luvmusicnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/lady-gaga-you-and-i.jpg

and my other friend is doing the zombie girl from "Born This Way":
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_vuMM8vhryo/TWx0QMjl1UI/AAAAAAAAA9U/B0vaAa8ryzs/s1600/Lady-Gaga-Born-This%2BWay-picture.jpg

Flash Ranger
Oct 10, 2011, 10:22 AM
Most likely sitting at home watcing horror movies all night and eating the candy that we still buy for some reason. Didn't get ANY kids last year.

Might be playing PSPo2 as well. There's also the VERY small chance that there SOMEONE I know will be having a halloween party lol.

Mantiskilla
Oct 10, 2011, 12:30 PM
Funny, from what I understand from GameStop, if we work Halloween, we're allowed to dress up. I dunno if they encourage it, and I know there are some rules to it (nothing TOO scary, considering we deal with kids). I haven't had the time or motivation to dress up or cosplay since ever. Sucks to be poor and white. :wacko:

About 3 or so years ago when I was a manager for Gamestop some of my associates dressed up. One of them dressed up as Lara Croft and another one of my associates dressed up as that Scream character. I was a pretty chill manager and most of my staff were friends of mine so work got done. Fun job for a couple years, but the pay just wasn't good enough plus I had career job opportunities pop up

LK1721
Oct 10, 2011, 08:30 PM
That's one thing I completely forgot about; The terrible horror movies that I love so much. Now I cant wait to watch the evil dead series again, and see what cheese movies they throw on cable XD
I love the Evil Dead series~ Definitely on my list, along with the original Dawn of the Dead movies.

Wayu
Oct 10, 2011, 08:32 PM
http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss135/iRathiest/FE10__Trueblade_Mia_by_KitsuneInari.png

-Wayu

BIG OLAF
Oct 11, 2011, 01:31 PM
Marceline, the vampire queen.

That's win right there. Take a picture or two if you have the means!

yoshiblue
Oct 11, 2011, 01:43 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/051/6/7/trainer_red_by_fenx07-d39z5rf.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://images.wikia.com/wiki4battles/images/3/31/Red.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

NegaTsukasa
Oct 18, 2011, 09:25 AM
I'm going to be this...

http://www.mcphee.com/creepyhorsemask/images/horselounge.jpg

straight up.

This is also my Con get up. if you're in the Texas area, look for me at San Japan, Ikki, or A-Kon in this classy and swanky costume.

I support the horse head. you should to!!!! we should all where this costume. START A REVOLUTION I SAY!!!