PDA

View Full Version : The worst thing that has ever happened to you on PSZ

Ken & Robo
Oct 6, 2011, 11:00 PM
Because I feel like causing some "trouble" on the threads, I feel like expressing some *ahem* --how should I put this?-- pessimism on the PSZ forums. I'll give it a shot. (Let me know if a thread similar to this already exists please)

Throughout your entire time playing PSZ from beginning to now, what was probably the WORST thing that has EVER happened to you on PSZ? Whether it be feeling rejected, dying terribly, doing a fatal mistake, getting an awesome weapon with no PA, losing your game file, anything?

Here's one example from me (please don't kill me for this, DoctorShanks):

Grinding like heck for a Millias Breaker, then your friend suddenly gets one in front of your very eyes (with much less of a Humilias kill count) due to sheer luck. (I still complain about that today. I'm such a bitter fiend. Kudos to DoctorShanks anyway, cause' he earned it ^^)

EDIT: Here's a bonus related to PSO: Killing a Canune up close with a circle of eight Canabins self-destructing into you while being a FOnewearl conveniently having no TP or fluids left, dying a terrible death that has only one thing worthy to be said about it: FAIL.

DoctorShanks
Oct 7, 2011, 01:53 PM
Bleh, no way in hell did I deserve that Milias Breaker as much as you did. The Humilias kill count of the rankings tell that very clearly. I almost feel sorry for Macman, who probably has 200 kills by now...

Anyway, due to my careful behavior on games like this, PSZ has pretty much been all gumdrops and rainbows from start to finish. My only ever felling of rejection is similar to your story. I was hunting like hell for the Starlight for quite a while, when suddenly I hear a report mid-game that Kagoma found one (who I'm convinced wasn't as determined about finding it as I). I was quite upset and Jealous, but I didn't give up. One month later I ask Macman in the middle of a ruins run if he has a Starlight available for trade; he says he'll go and check after. Guess what an unboosted Batt drops me in the verynext room after that conversation took place...

The worst thing thats ever happened to me was accidentally saving the game over a 5% Fortification instead of soft-resetting. Thank the lord it was only a White Disaster with Rolling Bar.

Atbar
Oct 7, 2011, 02:19 PM
About the worst thing that has happened to me in PSZ that doesn't involve griping about bad players is Wind and I's endless search for Rage Tonfa in the Ruins. I remember one particular run, Wind and I ran into three shadowed Rumoles back to back and guess what? No Rage Tonfa. And meanwhile, I'll get Rouge Pulses and Divine/Minds dumped on me by others but will those Rumoles drop the Rage Tonfa? Nope, they won't. :(

Ken & Robo
Oct 7, 2011, 05:58 PM
Well, sounds like so far, the comments that are being posted here is due to rejection by the game when it comes to not getting rares or other people getting your desired rare out of the blue (well, I hope we aren't offending those people, so let's try and take this lightly). Well, with luck, that's common. It's none other than a method of complete frustration. :3

...and somehow, even though it was only yesterday, I'M...STILL...PI$$ED...about the 3-slot Mobius Plate I found. (even though I already acknowledge the fact that it's not that bad)

Seth Astra
Oct 7, 2011, 06:04 PM
Wost thing that ever happened in PSZ? Easy: I ran SH ET. That thing is horrible.

Ken & Robo
Oct 7, 2011, 09:24 PM
*Loud breath x 10*

OMG...

I-I-I w-w-on-d-der what's worse...

...your friend getting a Millias Breaker before you after grinding your face off...

...or accidently selling your Big Hemera+20 away that you recently traded a Divine/Power for...?

I thought my heart stopped right there...Oh, and thank god I didn't save after that...

*Body still pulsating quickly*

Atbar
Oct 7, 2011, 10:57 PM
^I'm glad you didn't lose your Big Hemera. I have mentioned to prevent myself from selling weapons that I actually. Right now, it's been an easy task since anything with "Celeb" in front of its game doesn't get sold, though I occasionally get a junk weapon that has Celeb that gets overlooked to be sold.

Ken & Robo
Oct 7, 2011, 11:35 PM
@AtBHR - Thanks. I'm glad I still held onto it after quiting that online party I was in without saving (I didn't have anything significant except 2 Ancient Robes with 4 slots from Dark Falz, which probably isn't significant at all).
Anyway, I hope you (and maybe DoctorShanks too) the best of luck getting that Rage Tonfa. I've killed a lot of boosted Rumoles long ago when grinding Makara Ruins with my LV 91 RAcast, and always got Jaspar Roars, so I'm convinced that getting that thing will be a miracle. After all, I did hear this bit of an...uproar over someone trading a Psycho Wand for a Rage Tonfa or one of those katanas...

Shotte
Oct 8, 2011, 07:14 AM
Worst thing that's ever happened to me? Finding some good Missouri Mechguns, having to go for a while so I put the DS In sleep mode, forget about it for a couple of days, go to Re-open the DS, see that it's on red sleep mode so I run for the charger, and it runs out as I'm grabbing the charger.

Reasons I deserved it: 1. Not just quitting the run and saving since that was what I was looking for.

2. Always putting the charger in a place I never remember it.

3. It was in front of my face for most of the day for 3 days.

Smooth move on my part. At least it wasn't that rare, but it'll probably take me hours to find another good one, what with PS0 being plain evil.

RedRage
Oct 9, 2011, 09:33 PM
The first time I played the Tower on easy I got about half way through (without saving,) closed my DS, dropped it and the cart popped out.

RLbitClassica
Oct 9, 2011, 10:44 PM
@Ken-chan It wasn't an UP-ROAR..... I am just extremely passionate about thos katanas!!! lol

Oh yeah, my worst experience was getting throught the tower on hard for the first time, once i hit level 68, i accidentally quit the game while i was trying to save. But at least i kept all my experience and items O_O

Ken & Robo
Oct 10, 2011, 03:29 AM
@RLbitClassica: Ehehe, whoopsie. Guess "uproar" wasn't the right word. :p Maybe I said that, cause I remember DoctorShanks going nuts over getting a Psycho Wand that you were offering for trade. I think he was bent on getting a Rage Tonfa or Akatsuki/Yonohate In.

That said, I can definitely understand that any HUcast player would want any of those katanas. Maybe even me...(though I love my Millias Breaker) >_> That reminds me of when I played PSO on GC, I spent 3 whole days with a Pinkal FOnewearl, trying to get the Agito 1975. I got that thing after killing 24 of them, and I precisely remember that the 13th one gave me a Photon Drop...

RLbitClassica
Oct 10, 2011, 04:30 AM
@Ken-chan *cuts eyes sharply* YOU wouldn't know the whereabouts of the great katanas of legend, would you

Eclipse5632
Oct 10, 2011, 11:16 AM
every time I find a Frunaked and don't get a Clair Doubles

Worst thing that's happened to me is probably when I was on my second or third attempt to complete the SH ET. I was on around floor 60 and I closed my DS to do something, and when I opened it up...it didn't come out of sleep mode. I still don't know if there's any way to recover from that besides just powering it off, which I had to do. ;_;

Lesita
Oct 11, 2011, 02:40 PM
I was infront of mother trinity then i try to pop my PB but it wouldnt channel it, and i took a monomate instead from the side panel, and died... (sigh) oh well lol now i make sure i hit L before R

Lixxy78
Oct 11, 2011, 05:55 PM
I see a few people have had issues doing the tower. my worst story is the same except I was on level 95 and my daughter pulled my cart out. The lesson, don''t play a DS around a 3 year old.

chrisramar
Oct 12, 2011, 04:21 PM
on a sh tower run was at floor 97 and turned of my ds instead of closing it for sleep mode , doh !!

HUcast Omega
Oct 17, 2011, 11:57 PM
Wow. A lot of tower trouble for people, me included. I went up the Tower for my first time, learning the area as I played. At the time, I couldn't put my DS into sleep mode with PS0 because the game would always freeze. I reached the 100th floor and was exhausted from the hours I played climbing. I couldn't stay awake much longer, so I saved and quit. The next day I looked up how many floors there were and raged at my answer: 101 floors... :rant:

Mustache
Oct 17, 2011, 11:59 PM
^That is a real horror story!!

Seven7
Oct 21, 2011, 05:58 PM
Pso ep1-2 cheap memory card lvl 140 racast put it in a Wii corrupted I cried a little.

Noblewine
Oct 22, 2011, 03:09 PM
Running with randoms online and they disband or d/c. My main was a HUmar. I can see why people would leave. =/

Sinue_v2
Oct 22, 2011, 07:39 PM
Um.... I guess there was this one time I was having a cigarette while playing and the cherry fell off on to my shirt. I didn't notice at first because it landed on a wrinkle. About the time I started smelling something funny, it burned through my shirt and fell into my belly button. So in a panic I swatted at the embers and ended up shoving it further to where trying to dig it out just pressed the fire harder into my skin.

That kind of sucked. Also, that actually happened while I was fighting Olga Flow on PSO Ep I & II. There's not really a whole lot of ways things can screw up too bad while you're playing PSZero... except maybe data corruption, and I've never heard of that happening. We're not exactly dealing with NOLers and LvL 0 cheats like on PSO and PSP2 here.

DoctorShanks
Oct 22, 2011, 08:30 PM
Heed this mans warning... smoking attempts to kill in more ways than one...

Back on topic, D/Cing in freeplay due to the game's frames and music deciding to freeze right before the boss sucks hardcore. Not only was it scary... but it was a 4-player party and we were so close to Humilias... with a 4-chain flozir just begging to be used.

yoshiblue
Oct 22, 2011, 10:10 PM
Me finding new armor and trying to equip the extras in the item menu. Only to find out, I deleted them.

Ken & Robo
Oct 31, 2011, 10:51 PM
Back to my own thread...

Got a free Garahaden Fang from a friend I play with online on PSZ when I needed to make a Hadan Bite specifically to breeze through Dark Shrine while I grind it...then after an hour, I hit the save option after "Quit Game" accidentaly after I forged a Hadan Bite with 0/32/0/0/0 with Serpent Air, which is far from what I wanted. >_>

GeoVaughan
Nov 4, 2011, 09:19 AM
I was playing through Eternal Tower over a period of about a week, making liberal use of my DS's sleep mode and charging whenever possible. I was doing very well with my FOmar, blasting through rooms and grabbing loot like there was no tomorrow. I had already found enough new items to garner several titles and was feeling pretty good about life, the universe, and everything.

I was at full HP and PP and feeling pretty confident, so I wasn't paying attention and running on habit by then. I ran into a room and immediately started charging Zonde, knowing I would take down whatever wave was coming in maybe two castings and a few bops from my rod. An arkzein appeared. "Crap" I think, "this is going to be inconvenient," but I'm not too worried since I've handled arkzeins and they're fine as long as you stay close behind them and watch out for the mines. I go straight for the thing, closing the distance as quickly as possible so it won't use its deadly... f***.

There's an explosion. The screen turns red. A number appears over my character's body but that can't be right, it's way too high. That kind of damage doesn't even exist, and I was at full HP. Something must not be right. This couldn't be happening. One shot KO. This never happened before. I didn't even know it could happen.

I stare at the screen unwilling to believe, watching Ogi, Sarisa, and Reve stand idly by as the arkzein casually tears into them. Slackjawed, I hit "Return to the city".

Of course, things turned out fine. That was the day I learned that the teleporter would take me right back to the floor I was on anyway, so all those hours of subway rides and spare moments at work weren't wasted. Plus I got new titles for taking massive damage and dying 100 times, so really it was the best possible outcome. A few minutes later I was back in the room, tearing that robot a new exhaust port. Sweet, sweet revenge.

But those first few seconds after the explosion... worst PSZ moment ever.

Eclipse5632
Nov 4, 2011, 09:23 AM
Yeah, dying for the first time in the Eternal Tower is pretty scary. I'm glad they decided to not be evil and let you pick up pretty much right where you left off.