PDA

View Full Version : tips for soloing as a ramar

adonis565
Oct 8, 2011, 04:49 PM
being that there damage is bad i used nothing but power mats and made a 100 power mag whats a good weapon type on bosses i use mech guns for regular enemies

anyone?

Grimhart
Oct 8, 2011, 08:29 PM
Rifle is typically what I use. Get one with nice % and you can deal good damage while still staying out of harm's way.

And yeah, twins are generally good for bringing down the regular hostiles. Make sure you use your Photon Art often. You'll do more damage and charge up your Mag's Photon Blast much faster, and since it's 100 Power I'm assuming you have Granir, which is great for dealing damage if you play solo, too.

adonis565
Oct 8, 2011, 09:01 PM
so use rifles for bosses what pa is best?

ARChan
Oct 8, 2011, 10:26 PM
In all honesty, the PA of a rifle won't really matter too much when you're up against a boss unless if you're teamed up with someone who's willing to chain with you, which is highly unlikely. If anything, I'd suggest using Mechguns and Laser Cannons for bosses and rifles for otherwise. Also, it might be good to have two different types of rifles with Mine Sneak for massing enemies and Hollow Snipe for when the enemies are across walls/canyons.

blazingsonic
Oct 9, 2011, 10:53 AM
Any tips for a RAmarl?

adonis565
Oct 9, 2011, 02:14 PM
In all honesty, the PA of a rifle won't really matter too much when you're up against a boss unless if you're teamed up with someone who's willing to chain with you, which is highly unlikely. If anything, I'd suggest using Mechguns and Laser Cannons for bosses and rifles for otherwise. Also, it might be good to have two different types of rifles with Mine Sneak for massing enemies and Hollow Snipe for when the enemies are across walls/canyons.

so laser cannons do have a use in this game?

DoctorShanks
Oct 9, 2011, 04:24 PM
I would gladly give reviews and Palettes for the RAmar and RAmarl, but unfortunately, I'm only using a DSi browser, so a report will have to wait. What I CAN say now is that by using Jellen and Zalure, The RAmar/l is one of the best characters to solo with in this game.

ARChan
Oct 10, 2011, 03:55 AM
so laser cannons do have a use in this game?

I prefer using them on bosses because of their quick recoil after the shot. Plus, you won't be busy timing your shot to dodge an incoming attack. If anything, I prefer not using PAs against bosses because PAs leaving you wide open, and since laser cannons can strike multiple targets in a line, it's ideal, especially with the Shrine boss. Laser cannon PAs are more for the mob section, though I hate using Sector Line because the animation time is long and keeps you stationary.

ARChan
Oct 10, 2011, 04:01 AM
Any tips for a RAmarl?

Basically, same idea. However, you are more about survival than damage because of higher MST and the weakest damage output of all classes. In other words, you need more effort killing than a RAmar, but you'll be loved for going for the underdog. One last thing, use j/z when your target is far and then move into Gij/Giz when the enemies are massing.

Also, check out my trick guide. It might help you out. The link is in my signature.

adonis565
Oct 10, 2011, 11:05 AM
I prefer using them on bosses because of their quick recoil after the shot. Plus, you won't be busy timing your shot to dodge an incoming attack. If anything, I prefer not using PAs against bosses because PAs leaving you wide open, and since laser cannons can strike multiple targets in a line, it's ideal, especially with the Shrine boss. Laser cannon PAs are more for the mob section, though I hate using Sector Line because the animation time is long and keeps you stationary.

if you can can you post a video of using a laser cannon on a boss? I know it says your retired but how long does it take to kill all the bosses with a laser cannon?

The_Pup
Nov 6, 2011, 02:21 AM
You have several options for solo/bossing weapons as a ranger (based on PA, going down the PA list):

Sword (Hocho with %s and Overend) Dedicated bossing weapon. Sucks unless you're going with 4 NPCs and doing a 3-(ideally 4)-way Flozir PB.

Sabers aren't bossing weapons. They're stat-inflicting weapons with psuedocombos for groups. Heat or Stun are ideal.

Shields - L5 heat (large mobs) or L5 celeb (general purpose, bossing). Bull Smash PA. You can make do with any horrible (non-standard) shield as long as it has the Bull Smash PA. (I don't use the other attacking PA because its range). Easy to use: Hide behind shield, charge PA and release when it's safe.

---

Handguns - All 3 PAs lend themselves to creating status conditions. Quick Draw and Flame hit are best served with a heat element; Thriller Combo a stun element. If you get yourself an N-Tathlam, you get Quick Draw and L5 heat on the same gun, guaranteed. Flame Hit is your bossing PA and you may celeb your handgun for that purpose.

Rifles - Rifles are best suited to Celeb. All PAs are general purpose/bossing. It's just how you use them on bosses that's different.

Gunblades - Similar to rifles in their general purpose/bossing abilities, though they can be given stun/heat because of their shoot mode (3 attacks at once) and multi hit PAs. When attacking, the ideal is to keep on using shoot mode.

Mechguns - Bossing weapons. Easy to come across. Cool Style is the PA to pick. Celeb the guns you get and stand in the middle of a boss spamming Cool Style.

Bazookas - Haven't used these as much. Most of it would center around Wild Blow and Crush Bomb. Celeb to maximize damage.

Laser Canons - Only use PAs in multiplayer (due to damage canceling). General purpose and bossing between Divine Ray and Bio-Panic. Celeb or heat/stun.

===

Mags:

Flozir for bossing with NPCs (or a group of experienced players). If not Flozir, then Granir for massive damage. If not Granir then Pacifal.

For mag natures... Best would be Ruffian, Cautious and Eccentric.

===
Techs

Jellen and Resta. Zalure and Anti (for multiplayer) are optional.

Rangers should use both debuffs given to them, but you should just religiously jellen everything with a ton of resta if you have decent EVP from armour and any additional units (this is personal preference, I play RAmarl mostly at mele range and am debuff lazy).

===
Mats/Units

100 pow mats so you will more of an offensive boost from your mag when it uses Shifta. Trying for more EVP would make killing things take much longer.

Units can be anything you want.