PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Translation WIP

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Coldbird
Oct 10, 2011, 04:01 PM
I'm currently working on a PSP2i english translation patch for CFW users.

This is the most we will get now that Sega dumped us with JP release only...
I will take every help I can get to speed this project up though.

// Screenshot Gallery
https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/13011238/1/PSP2i?h=cbd52d

Below you will find the latest, in work, translation tables...
Should you know a better, more appropriate translation for one of the terms in those tables, please provide one.

// Table #1 - "Character Creation"
COMPLETED
// Table #2 - "Basic Game Terms #1"
http://pastebin.com/iczPJ9Qk
// Table #3 - "Monster Names #1"
COMPLETED
// Table #4 - "Monster Names #2"
COMPLETED
// Table #5 - "Basic Game Terms #2"
http://pastebin.com/zbNjNFtd
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0Agr2Z0d0fThrdHdpSWVlTVhkSFF0ZlFoMGxhbC1Dc2c&output=html <-- Google Spreadsheet for Collaboration

Searching for Hex-Dump-Table Analyzer!
You think you are up to it?
You know about memory layouts, little endian byte-order, can operate a hexadecimal calculator and got some brains / copy & paste abilities?
Then drop me a message.
Your help will help speed up this translation project tremendously.

Tyreek
Oct 10, 2011, 04:49 PM
You mean someone actually is showing potential ability to do an actual patch? Interesting.

Coldbird
Oct 10, 2011, 04:50 PM
You mean someone actually is showing potential ability to do an actual patch? Interesting.
That someone would be moi. :-)
The patch works via text-table exchange inside memory.
It's a prototype as of now but works quite nicely so far from what you see.

I would need further help in manually dumping the text-tables though, translating them and putting them back in.

Tyreek
Oct 10, 2011, 04:58 PM
If you have actually made it that far into translating, then more power to you. I would also take a stroll to PSUpedia if you haven't already. A few of their members have some iso and memory knowledge, and one of their members is a prime translator of Japanese language. Also DeviFoxx above you is currently in the process of finishing a complete translation guide of the game. Good luck.

Emp
Oct 10, 2011, 05:28 PM
I've heard patches, like the one your making, only works with CFW. It shows no use to those that dont run CFW.

Kaju122
Oct 10, 2011, 05:36 PM
but it is useful to those of us that do. :) Go for it!

Coldbird
Oct 10, 2011, 06:09 PM
@Emp: I'm the author of PRO-Custom Firmware, and see absolutely no problem with people installing our CFW on their units.

It's opensource, editable by anyone and best of all, to those that are paranoid, uninstallable again without a trace left on the unit.

Also, our CFW supports all currently out OFW kernel, up to 6.60.
Again, see no problem there.

Anyway, I've dumped another string table...
*refer to first post from now on*

If someone that is capable of reading japanese could provide a proper translation of this file I would be very grateful.

I merely do test-translations via Google Translator to test my code... however I would prefer to have this thing done properly.

DeviFoxx
Oct 10, 2011, 06:27 PM
@Emp: I'm the author of PRO-Custom Firmware...

...If someone that is capable of reading japanese could provide a proper translation of this file I would be very grateful.

I merely do test-translations via Google Translator to test my code... however I would prefer to have this thing done properly.

Looks good thus far.

You're the author of PRO-CFW eh? Nice to meet you, sir. I'm DeviFoxx, the author of the Infinity Translation Guide. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188224)

Are you asking for more accurate translations of your text dump, or ...

Can you clarify a little bit further? Forgive my asking.

Coldbird
Oct 10, 2011, 06:33 PM
Ah DeviFoxx. It's a pleasure myself to finally make your aquaintance.

Your guide has been a big help to me already and was in fact the initial motivator for me to start my work on this patch.

And yes of course, I'm not capable of reading, writing or speaking the japanese language so I use several OCR and translation tools + my brain to "imagine" the rest, however this isn't exactly what I'm after.

If I do this, I want to do it properly, not half-assed.
Would you mind lending me a helping hand?

DeviFoxx
Oct 10, 2011, 06:41 PM
If I do this, I want to do it properly, not half-assed.
Would you mind lending me a helping hand?

Sure, I don't mind helping out.

We can correspond in MSN or Skype if you like. Just drop me a PM.

Tyreek
Oct 10, 2011, 06:55 PM
So you're THE Coldbird who made that brilliant PRO CFW hmm? Its a pleasure. I know you're a man of results, so I have utmost confidence that you can pull this off with some help. Good luck.

Coldbird
Oct 10, 2011, 07:04 PM
Yes, I'm the one and only.
However I'm just a person like any other.

As I've been watching this community for a while in the shadows, mostly for item-drop information and other PS-related topics, I decided that my work on this translation might be a good time to register and integrate myself in this community.

@DeviFoxx: I added you to my MSN account. I think you should have got a authorization request of some kind.

blazingsonic
Oct 10, 2011, 08:19 PM
How about this then?
Interest?

https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/13011238/1/PSP2i?h=cbd52d

This is the most we will get now that Sega dumped us with JP release only...
Someone willing to help me with my translation patch?

Sir you do this and I will swollow my pride and buy ths game off play asia.

DeviFoxx
Oct 10, 2011, 08:50 PM
@DeviFoxx: I added you to my MSN account. I think you should have got a authorization request of some kind.

I haven't received any notification as of yet.

Wavemaster Elk
Oct 10, 2011, 09:37 PM
hmm interesting is this the same coldbird that did the patch for .hack fragment? Also would you need CFW for this patch?

ZER0 DX
Oct 11, 2011, 02:30 AM
Oh cool, I already can't wait for this, I'd love to play a fully translated Infinity.

Keep up the good work. Devvi's guide is what made me import the game in the first place, so having both of you collab on this project would be pretty awesome.

Gemel
Oct 11, 2011, 03:40 AM
You bad dudes are going to make me contemplate getting CFW now! xD

artemisfowl
Oct 11, 2011, 05:35 AM
Coldbird! you're truly my hero. i have good faith in you!I've been your fan ever since god eater.

I remember the god eater days, i think somehow you made the english release possible through your efforts to make the game known in the US through your patches.

I recon you even made your own server for infrastructure play.That's how good he is!

PS: do you still work with Kenma the one who did the Radiant games english patch?

Coldbird
Oct 11, 2011, 07:03 AM
Yes, the same Coldbird as back in .hack Fragment, God Eater, etc. times.
I've been around for quite a bit...

About the .hack Fragment translation / Online Server Reconstruction, I work on it from time to time still in private, the God Eater Online testserver is still up but I haven't updated the client module for it in some time.

My online infrastructure code I passed on to Codestation to give me some room to breath for other projects and reallife.

About Kenma... I haven't heard from him in a while.

And yes, CFW will be a requirement for this patch to work, it's simply not possible technically without it...
Even if we were to use fakesigned modules on OFW, PSP2 Infinity is a static elf executable game, which means it requires a kernel reboot to load into memory...
If we were to use fakesigned user-code to boot it on OFW, the kernel reboot would automatically unload our translation changes...
Thus, not possible without kernel mode executables.

@DeviFoxx: I created a new MSN account and added you there, hope you got the authorization request this time.

Kurosu
Oct 11, 2011, 09:11 AM
Nice effort.
I can read Japanese so I don't need a translation, but some friends were put off by playing a game in an unknown language and didn't get it.

A properly translated game might make them reconsider this, so I'm fully supporting this. :)

Coldbird
Oct 11, 2011, 09:18 AM
Nice effort.
I can read Japanese so I don't need a translation, but some friends were put off by playing a game in an unknown language and didn't get it.

A properly translated game might make them reconsider this, so I'm fully supporting this. :)
I envy you for your ability to read this, to me completely obfuscated, language... :(
Sadly it's unclear whether I'm even allowed to provide test-prx-modules on this forum, the rules about CFW in here are somewhat contra-productive to this project.

PS. Out of curiosity what parts of this game are affected by Table #2, I added the current-state Table #2 to the translation module and took some screenshots of whatever english content I could find after applying it.
A whole bunch of the texts in Table #2 I didn't encounter yet, but this allowed me to fix some upper / lower case text problems, it also made me realize that I missed a single line in Table #2 when I dumped it.

My biggest apologies for that, a new proper Table #2 pastebin dump has been posted.

adonis565
Oct 11, 2011, 09:23 AM
your a god for doing this

Coldbird
Oct 11, 2011, 09:30 AM
your a god for doing this
Sounds like music to my ears but this job is so time consuming...
Just for Table 2 I already wasted 3 hours today...
This sadly, covers my daily quota of what I can invest at max...
Schoolwork ranks higher in my priority list. :-(

This is why I'm actively searching for help in hex-dump-analysis to speed things up a bit when I don't have time to dump tables myself.

DeviFoxx
Oct 11, 2011, 09:33 AM
A whole bunch of the texts in Table #2 I didn't encounter yet, but this allowed me to fix some upper / lower case text problems, it also made me realize that I missed a single line in Table #2 when I dumped it.

My biggest apologies for that, a new proper Table #2 pastebin dump has been posted.

Table #2's text is largely from the middle of Story Mode missions. In particular, the ones from Episode 2's Story Mode.. I could tell especially from the parts regarding "Infection Rates" and "Erosion" and all that (I actually had to SIT there and write all this stuff down as I was working on the guide, I remember it fairly well. @_@).

Some of it also appears to be from confirmation messages from when you stand on top of a boss teleporter.

(I.E. the "are all party members ready?" messages.)

Temprus
Oct 11, 2011, 09:50 AM
I seriously might have to go CFW on my 3001 PSP for this as well and stop playing so much Blue Burst. ^^;

This is just too awesome.

lazyknight
Oct 11, 2011, 11:13 AM
Wow this sounds awesome. I hope you can pull this off.

There are hobby shops in my country that sells copies of Infinity. I may get one for the lw license once this is out. :)

Syncesta
Oct 11, 2011, 12:31 PM
damn nice lol

would it works online?
or offline only?

good luck

Coldbird
Oct 11, 2011, 12:37 PM
No idea about online so far as I didn't test it yet, however I don't see a reason why it shouldn't.

I've forwarded a copy to DeviFoxx for testing, no idea if he plays online with PSP2i but maybe asking him gets you the answers you want.

Und ich sehe deutscher... sei mir gegrüßt. ;)

Kaju122
Oct 11, 2011, 12:47 PM
Im super excited for this, and i know a few of my friends will be too.... but... where can i find this .hack//Fragmnent patch? xD

Syncesta
Oct 11, 2011, 12:48 PM
LOL

yea but does it works online with the patch?
and idk if jap gm's gonna see it and ban us because we use a patch

blazingsonic
Oct 11, 2011, 01:06 PM
Yes, the same Coldbird as back in .hack Fragment, God Eater, etc. times.
I've been around for quite a bit...

About the .hack Fragment translation / Online Server Reconstruction, I work on it from time to time still in private, the God Eater Online testserver is still up but I haven't updated the client module for it in some time.

My online infrastructure code I passed on to Codestation to give me some room to breath for other projects and reallife.

About Kenma... I haven't heard from him in a while.

And yes, CFW will be a requirement for this patch to work, it's simply not possible technically without it...
Even if we were to use fakesigned modules on OFW, PSP2 Infinity is a static elf executable game, which means it requires a kernel reboot to load into memory...
If we were to use fakesigned user-code to boot it on OFW, the kernel reboot would automatically unload our translation changes...
Thus, not possible without kernel mode executables.

@DeviFoxx: I created a new MSN account and added you there, hope you got the authorization request this time.

God Eater Online? Please explain o.o

Tyreek
Oct 11, 2011, 01:43 PM
Just a suggestion and also a question, but do you have the localized version of PSP2 Coldbird? It may help alleviate the translating if you can take the text from that game and put it in this patch for all the general stuff.

Also, regarding the Dewman class racial ability description, I noticed how simplified it was compared to the others class descriptions. I was just comparing it to the JP version and it looks like it says more. Perhaps there was something left out? I dunno, that was just a minor peeve of mine, but I'm sure DeviFoxx could help you overview that if you decide to double check translations.

lazyknight
Oct 11, 2011, 01:45 PM
LOL

I'm positive it will work online. Also, I don't think Sega will ban people for having their save games converted or using an English patch. It's likely that they ban disruptive/offensive players or using stat altering cheat(high damage, pcard values, etc.)

Also Sega and most game companies rely on reported cheaters by other players before they investigate.

Coldbird
Oct 11, 2011, 02:07 PM
@blazingsonic: My strength is networking, I spent more than a year analyzing how PSPs built in adhoc library works and I coded a emulator library you can use if you have our pro-brand cfw installed.

This emulator library, when put in place of the normal adhoc library, allows you to play adhoc games online as if they were infrastructure games (no xlink kai, etc. required, just psp + wifi router).

God Eater (JPN) and lateron God Eater Burst (US) were my primary test targets, and both games have 100% compatiblity with my infrastructure adhoc emulator code.

Basically, I was trying to increase the number of online titles for PSP by emulating adhoc and succeeded.

@Tyreek: Yes I have and I play it actively online too.
For PSP2i though I still lack the Little Wing license and I don't have 80$ spare to buy it right now either, which is why I can't whether it works online or not...

However I take text-data from PSP2 (EU) wherever I can.

About the Dewman description... I was forced to shorten it as there is only so and so much space in the textbox...
The only thing I removed from the japanese description was "they have a dark secret inside".

zombiemoshpit84
Oct 11, 2011, 02:42 PM
LOL

please try to use the term JP instead of jap, as the later is a racial slur. :-D

Coldbird
Oct 11, 2011, 02:44 PM
That's why I use JPN. ;)
Sadly I used to do that aswell before someone told me it was bad.

Alisha
Oct 11, 2011, 03:19 PM
I've heard patches, like the one your making, only works with CFW. It shows no use to those that dont run CFW.

if you dont use cfw you are just being stubborn -_-.

i still use TN-E but have been hesitant to convert to pro

EvilMag
Oct 11, 2011, 03:43 PM
I might sound like a noob but this will work on legit copies of Infinity right? (UMD would work?)

I do like CFW btw.

blace
Oct 11, 2011, 03:56 PM
I do hope it works with UMD, it's the only version of the game I own.

For a long while I've been using 6.39 PRO-8B and recently updated to 6.60 PRO, works the same but the recovery menu is onlu accessible by puahing Select on the XMB and slecting the recovery menu from there. Hopefully 6.60 PRO works with RJL it would always freeze with 6.39.

Coldbird
Oct 11, 2011, 04:14 PM
RJL freezes on you?
I didn't have any problems with it so far...

Maybe you are using a outdated copy of the plugin?

As for UMD support, yes of course it will, you load it up as a normal plugin into the cfw and it will turn your game english, no matter if UMD, ISO or PSN EBOOT.

blace
Oct 11, 2011, 04:21 PM
RJL freezes on you?
I didn't have any problems with it so far...

Maybe you are using a outdated copy of the plugin?

As for UMD support, yes of course it will, you load it up as a normal plugin into the cfw and it will turn your game english, no matter if UMD, ISO or PSN EBOOT.

It happens mostly with PSP2 and PSP2i, RJL I looked for is v.19, for other games like Black Rock Shooter works fine, PSP2 freezes the game and restarts the system.

And that's good to hear that it'll work for UMD, and pardon my typos, android keyboards are pretty unresponsive at times.

AsuravonD
Oct 11, 2011, 04:37 PM
Cool...because I've been relying on my brother for translations >,<

Coldbird
Oct 11, 2011, 05:02 PM
Ah v19... yeah I had trouble with that one too, I think I am using v18 right now.
Never bothered to change it because it works just great.

Anyway, bedtime for me. Night guys.

SuperSlash
Oct 11, 2011, 05:20 PM
Hello Coldbird. It's good to see you're working on a translation project. You're awesome! =D

I have to wonder, are you guys planning on translating the story? I enjoyed the story of the first game and would be kinda disappointed if I never got to experience Episode 2.

Robotix
Oct 11, 2011, 06:41 PM
Just wanted to chime in and say how appreciative and excited I am to see something like this happen. Good luck with everything and hopefully its smooth sailing as much as possible!

Robert_Garcia
Oct 12, 2011, 12:50 AM
Any chance of translating the DFC patch for the original PSP2?

Tyreek
Oct 12, 2011, 01:08 AM
You know, that actually sounds like a great idea.

Coldbird
Oct 12, 2011, 01:46 AM
DFC Patch?

MESeele
Oct 12, 2011, 01:50 AM
Any chance of translating the DFC patch for the original PSP2?

Delicious Flat Chest? Where do you get that item? :D

Tyreek
Oct 12, 2011, 02:45 AM
I can't believe I overlooked that. But he meant the JP DLC file that is compatible with the localized PSP2.

Coldbird
Oct 12, 2011, 03:30 AM
Definently possible.

WanderingBishop
Oct 12, 2011, 03:36 AM
I love you guys SO much for doing this. Don't ever let anyone get you down or tell you to stop.

Zigster
Oct 12, 2011, 08:35 AM
I just had to come here and say that this is amazing. I hope this succeeds. My wishes are with you, good sirs/madams.

Limbo_lag
Oct 12, 2011, 10:12 AM
If you already own the UMD/digital copy will you have to download the full (patched) game again? Or is it just a standalone code which can convert your in-game text into English?

Also, how exactly would this work online? I'm concerned about what Sycrus said about the banning.

ZER0 DX
Oct 12, 2011, 10:58 AM
If you already own the UMD/digital copy will you have to download the full (patched) game again? Or is it just a standalone code which can convert your in-game text into English?

Also, how exactly would this work online? I'm concerned about what Sycrus said about the banning.

Since it's just a patch that loads up through the system memory and overwrites the default game text, there's no way Sega or anyone else would be able to tell you're using it. Considering it's just a text patch, there's really no need to worry about getting banned since you're not modifying any character data.

Coldbird
Oct 12, 2011, 02:03 PM
*holds up a sign with "what ZERO said!" *

EvilMag
Oct 12, 2011, 02:04 PM
I'm pretty sure that everyone who converted their savefile from US Vanilla to JP Infinity would of been banned a long time ago.

Coldbird
Oct 12, 2011, 02:41 PM
No kidding. As long as you don't damage the online economy, why should Sega bother...
Everything else just pushes their sales afterall.

lukew
Oct 12, 2011, 03:06 PM
I support this 100%

<3

Coldbird
Oct 12, 2011, 04:03 PM
Okay guys, infos on a completely different matter.
I've aquired myself my PSP2i Little Wing License and encountered something terrible that needs fixing.

Right now the game is in no way playable online via PRO-CFW.
As 90% of this games userbase lives from online multiplayer this is something I gotta fix to make this translation worth the hassle and time we put into it.

Right now I'm on the task, hope to have it fixed in a few hours and pushed onto the PRO CFW repository on Google Code.

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it. Was a bug in the translation module. Works fine without it online. Need to investigate this matter.

Anon_Fire
Oct 12, 2011, 04:27 PM
detected a small typo in one of the screens.

Sayo the Miko > Sayo the Mystic

blace
Oct 12, 2011, 04:31 PM
detected a small typo in one of the screens.

Sayo the Miko > Sayo the Mystic

Miko just means priestess and she's dressed like one anyway.

Coldbird
Oct 12, 2011, 04:41 PM
His point is legit though, we want this to be as close to retail PSP2 US / EU as possible.

Anon_Fire
Oct 12, 2011, 04:57 PM
Is it possible to correct the weapon/item names?

Tyreek
Oct 12, 2011, 05:16 PM
Is it possible to correct the weapon/item names?

I'm pretty sure he'll catch some names that need a definite fix. (I'm looking at you Giresta and Tumikiri-Hyouri.)

Don't know if you're trying to mirror the US/EU or not, but I did some comparisons in-game with the translations you made in your screenshots.

The locked gate sequence you have translated was set like this:

"You need key (▼1) to unlock this door."

"unlocked"

And here's what I read when I tried it in-game:

"Info Key (▼1) is required to deactivate the lock."

"Lock deactivated."

"Lock has been deactivated."

I'm sure the localized texts won't do much good if you're dealing with space constraints though. I wonder if the text space values are different on the localized version?

Robert_Garcia
Oct 12, 2011, 05:34 PM
I can't believe I overlooked that. But he meant the JP DLC file that is compatible with the localized PSP2.

LOL...yeah, that's exactly what I meant. XD

BTW, would it be possible to make it compatible with the US PSP2 (transferring data, etc.), or is that an entirely different issue?

Coldbird
Oct 12, 2011, 05:53 PM
There are no space constraints, my hack extends the memory range.

Quatre52
Oct 12, 2011, 07:15 PM
You may just become my new hero :-o

Anon_Fire
Oct 12, 2011, 10:16 PM
Can these weapon/PA names be corrected?

Zamba > Zanba
Divine Breath > Sigh of a God
Souga Chosekka > Souga Cho-sekka
Soujin Ranbu-sho (add a "u" at the end)
Kronos Keis > Chronos Kiss
Ten'imuso > Tenimusou
Impasse > Standstill Shield
Victory > Victorius
Bulwark Shield > Protect Shield
Hero's Shield > Brave Shield
Ikku Hikku > Ikk Hikk
Chueiji Tosshin > Chuei Jitosshin
Vissi Grudda > Visshi Grudda

WanderingBishop
Oct 12, 2011, 11:25 PM
I'm pretty sure that everyone who converted their savefile from US Vanilla to JP Infinity would of been banned a long time ago.

W... Why

Not only do they not give us Inf, they ban us for importing it and using the characters we legitimately worked on?

Sega of Japan, why do you hate us so?

EvilMag
Oct 12, 2011, 11:27 PM
I'm saying they don't care if we imported. Why would they ban us if we gave them our money?

Everyone who has an English title still isn't banned.

Coldbird
Oct 13, 2011, 02:09 AM
Sadly they do seem to care if you apply a translation or not...

When logging into the online server the game checks the memory region that contains the text tables... it detects my translated tables and refuses to login.

Currently I'm working on a circumvention of the table-check to allow the game to login.

EvilMag
Oct 13, 2011, 02:23 AM
Hope it works out.

Tyreek
Oct 13, 2011, 02:25 AM
That really sucks. I guess they try to be thorough with every inch of their game I suppose.

Coldbird
Oct 13, 2011, 03:12 AM
That really sucks. I guess they try to be thorough with every inch of their game I suppose.
Sega is very protective of their japanese server...
Wish they were like that for US / EU... :(

Totori
Oct 13, 2011, 03:32 AM
Yeah, it's kinda crappy although, I'm pretty sure you can find a way around it, it is SEGA after all...

natchu96
Oct 13, 2011, 04:07 AM
Good thing I run PRO. Thanks for working on this!

TheAstarion
Oct 13, 2011, 07:00 AM
There are no space constraints, my hack extends the memory range.

This is, for me, quite possibly the most interesting sentence in a long line of amazing posts.

Does this mean you could technically add extra content, if only as recycled models, maps and such, to a game patched by your method? Like, a C-rank reproduction of some S-rank auras or weapons, (along the lines of Whitill Wing C, or making a C-rank Elsydeon saber with appropriate C-rank stats for lv1 people to use), or a Cave of Trials mission full of boss-level creatures such as Vivienne, Nagisa, Helga, Magashi and the like? Different to an Infinity mission, since everyone's a boss and we're all going to die quickly. Just an example

Hackers on PSOBB have been so far unable to create new items

Or is the memory extension applicable only to text? Just a thought. I realise how game-breaking some of it could be, and how it creates work just to consider it, but it piqued my interest.

Coldbird
Oct 13, 2011, 11:47 AM
The memory range extension I'm talking about is limited to text.
On another sidenote, I've discovered the bug in my translation patch that broke online play.
It now works on online mode too. Was a mistake of mine, sorry guys. (One zero too much in a number making it extremely big... xD)

WBMike
Oct 13, 2011, 01:00 PM
As per request
http://pastebin.com/JPbKZuMY

But if you don't like Dyla you can change it to Dilla. I'm not really sure if the community as a whole decided on how the new bosses should be spelled.

Anon_Fire
Oct 13, 2011, 01:03 PM
ディラ・ブレイヴァス = Dilla Bravas
ダルク・ファキス = Dulk Fakis
オルガ・フロー = Olga Flow

EDIT: ninja'd by WBMike

FireFox276
Oct 13, 2011, 01:42 PM
This is awesome! Good luck with this. Cannot wait for the final version! Finally get to know what happens! :D

Coldbird
Oct 13, 2011, 02:02 PM
Alright, Thanks WBMike & Anon_Fire, I've added the translated Table #3 to the game.
Table #4 is now up in first post, if someone would be so kind... ;)

Anon_Fire
Oct 13, 2011, 03:02 PM
ノ・ボル = No Vol
ド・ボル = Do Vol
ヒル・ボル = Hiru Vol
キャリガイン = Carriguine
SEED・ヴェナス = SEED-Venas
SEED・ヴァンス = SEED-Vance
SEED・ヴィタス = SEED-Vitace
ジャッゴ = Jaggo
ラッピー = Rappy
パノン = Pannon
パノン = Pannon
ベル・パノン = Bel Pannon
バジラ = Badira
アギータ = Ageeta
ラプチャ = Lapucha
ヴァンダ・オルガ = Vanda Orga
ゴ・ヴァーラ = Go Vahra
ゴルモロ = Golomoro
ヴァンダ = Vanda
リトルウィング・ロスタ = Little Wing Loska
ガーディアンズ・ロスク = GUARDIANS Losk
SEED・アーダイト = SEED-Ardite

SenpaiX
Oct 13, 2011, 03:53 PM
Now the only question is... how do you install this so called CFW for translations?

DeviFoxx
Oct 13, 2011, 04:00 PM
Now the only question is... how do you install this so called CFW for translations?

Try googling Sony PSP CFW. This thread isn't here to teach you how to install it.

Temprus
Oct 13, 2011, 04:12 PM

Now, now SenpaiX. You wouldn't want to touch such alien software (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605435-phantasy-star-portable-2-infinity/59692673) would you?

ZER0 DX
Oct 13, 2011, 04:35 PM
Currently working on completing Table 4, on 128 of 214. Almost there, I'll post it on pastebin and on here when it's ready.

Coldbird
Oct 13, 2011, 05:33 PM
Thank you very much ZER0.
Your work is very appreciated.

@SenpaiX: Due to the rules of this forum I'm not allowed to give information about this.

However the name of our CFW (PRO) has been mentioned countless times by now, a simple google search will deal you the information you need.

CocoaTan
Oct 13, 2011, 05:57 PM
If you feel like throwing anything in my direction, I can help out. I don't do much all day other than deciphering Japanese, as a result of living in Tokyo. Could use some stuff to keep my English abilities working. :3

FireFox276
Oct 13, 2011, 06:13 PM
Daft quesion but would we need a Japanese PSN account to access Infinity online or can our current LW licenses on US/EU PSN work?

blace
Oct 13, 2011, 06:22 PM
Daft quesion but would we need a Japanese PSN account to access Infinity online or can our current LW licenses on US/EU PSN work?

You should be asking this on the thread dedicated to answering questions about Infinity.

In any case, no it will not work, unlike the US/EU servers this one is maintained and monitored and the game requires a different license as well since this is a standalone game with added content.

DeviFoxx
Oct 13, 2011, 06:23 PM

If anyone wants to play Online in Infinity's Infrastructure Mode, they have to:

1: Make a Japanese PSN Account.
2: Actually BUY a copy of the game.

Meaning, people pirating / illegally downloading the game for free will be stuck in either offline mode, or adHoc Party on PlayStation 3.

ZER0 DX
Oct 13, 2011, 06:26 PM
All finished.
http://pastebin.com/Ssf6Ny3x

For the first time you fight Nagisa, her displayed name is 黒髪の剣士 which Roughly translates to Dark-haired Swordsman. I changed it to Dark-haired Swordswoman since, well, Nagisa isn't a dude.

Funnily enough, I spent at least 10 minutes on two different Rappy's to figure out what would be accurate translations for them.

ラッピー・マキナ

The Romaji translates to Rappy Makina, and I decided on Rappy Machina which I believe is what Sega was trying to go for. I had considered Rappy Mecha and Rappy Machine, but figured the Latin name sounded better anyway.

ラッピー・グラキ
Rappy Guraki took me forever to figure out and when I finally did (Rappy Go Lucky) I couldn't make sense of why it was named that or how I should translate it at all. Fast forward 3 minutes and I ended up laughing when I finally realized it was a terribly obvious and incredibly bad pun on the phrase "Happy Go Lucky." So Rappy Go Lucky it is. :p

Posted the complete translation list here in case pastebin happens to explode for some reason.

Also I didn't bother to put a translated name next to stuff like YG-01Z BUG since it's already in English.

Table #4
Start: 00AE680C
Count: 215

[0] = ラッピー = Rappy
[1] = ヴァンダ・オルガ = Vanda Orga
[2] = ジャッゴ = Jaggo
[3] = ラプチャ = Lapucha
[4] = パノン = Pannon
[5] = ベル・パノン = Bel Pannon
[6] = バジラ = Badira
[7] = アギータ = Ageeta
[8] = ナヴァル = Naval
[9] = ヴァーラ = Vahra
[10] = ゴ・ヴァーラ = Go Vahra
[11] = ゴルモロ = Golmoro
[12] = ゴーモン = Gohmon
[13] = オルゴーモン = Olgohmon
[14] = ヴァンダ = Vanda
[15] = ヴァンダ・メラ = Vanda Merha
[16] = デルセバン = Delsaban
[17] = デルジャバン = Deljaban
[18] = ガオゾラン = Gaozoran
[19] = コルトバ = Koltova
[20] = ディストバ = Distova
[21] = ヴォルフ = Volfu
[22] = オルアカ = Ollaka
[23] = ジシャガラ = Jishagara
[24] = センディラン = Sendillan
[25] = シャグリース = Shagreece
[26] = ズーナ = Zoona
[27] = ミズラ = Mizura
[28] = YG-01Z BUG
[29] = ゴーマ・ディラ = Gohma Dilla
[30] = GSM-05 シーカー = GSM-05 Seeker
[31] = バイシャ甲21型 = Bysha type-Koh21
[32] = ゴウシン = Goshin
[33] = ブル・ブナ = Bul Buna
[34] = ジャーバ = Jarba
[35] = カガジバリ = Kagajibari
[36] = ビル・デ・ビア = Bil De Vear
[37] = ダーベラン = Darbelan
[38] = ディルナズン = Dilnazen
[39] = スヴァルタス = Svaltus
[40] = SEED・マガシ = SEED Magashi
[41] = ゴル・ドルバ = Gol Dova
[42] = ポラヴォーラ = Polovahra
[43] = ドルァ・ゴーラ = Drua Gohra
[44] = コグ・ナッド = Kog Nadd
[45] = ガルヴァパス = Galvapas
[46] = テンゴウグ = Tengohg
[47] = ジャスナガン = Jusnagun
[48] = SEED・ヴァンス = SEED Vance
[49] = SEED・ヴィタス = SEED Vitace
[50] = ディラ・グリーナ = Dilla Griena
[51] = グリナ・ビートS = Grinna Bete S
[52] = カマトウズ = Kamatoze
[53] = キャリガイン = Carriguine
[54] = ヒル・ボル = Hiru Vol
[55] = ド・ボル = Do Vol
[56] = ノ・ボル = No Vol
[57] = ローグス・オッグ = Rogue (Ogg)
[58] = ローグス・ジャッセ = Rogue (Jasse)
[59] = グリナ・ビートC = Grinna Bete C
[60] = Empty
[61] = Empty
[62] = Empty
[63] = Empty
[64] = Empty
[65] = Empty
[66] = Empty
[67] = ポルティ = Polty
[68] = Empty
[69] = YG-01K BUGGE
[70] = YG-01U BUGGES
[71] = ゴーマ・メスナ = Gohma Methna
[72] = GSM-05B ボーマルタ = GSM-05B Bomalta
[73] = GSM-05M ティレントス = GSM-05M Tirentos
[74] = バイシャ乙32型 = Bysha type Otsu32
[75] = オルグダス = Orgdus
[76] = ルタス・ジッガ = Lutus Jigga
[77] = ザムヴァパス = Zamvapas
[78] = SEED・ヴェナス = SEED Venas
[79] = 教団警衛士・タグバ = Armed Servant (Taguba)
[80] = 教団警衛士・オズナ = Armed Servant (Ozuna)
[81] = 特務兵・カノーネ = Special Ops (Kanohne)
[82] = 特務兵・ソルダ = Special Ops (Solda)
[83] = 特務兵・アサルト = Special Ops (Assault)
[84] = Empty
[85] = Empty
[86] = Empty
[87] = Empty
[88] = 同盟軍重装兵 = AMF Heavy Infantry
[89] = SEED・ラボスタッフ = SEED Lab Staff
[90] = SEED・キャストSh = SEED-Guradian (Sh)
[91] = SEED・キャストKn = SEED-Guardian (Kn)
[92] = SEED・キャストTw = SEED-Guardian (Tw)
[93] = SEED・キャストSa = SEED-Guardian (Sa)
[94] = ザウッザ = Zauzza
[95] = ナヴァ・ルッダ = Nava Ludda
[96] = グラス・アサッシン = Grass Assassin
[97] = クデトウブ = Kudetob
[98] = バファル・ブラッガ = Bafal Bragga
[99] = ゴ・バジラ = Go Bajilla
[100] = サウギータ = Sageeta
[101] = ガルディン = Galdeen
[102] = ブーマ = Booma
[103] = バル・ソーザ = Bal Soza
[104] = カクワネ = Kakwane
[105] = SEED・アーダイト = SEED-Ardite
[106] = デルナディアン = Delnadian
[107] = オルクディラン = Orcdillan
[108] = シノワ・ヒドキ = Shinowa Hidoki
[109] = SEED・アーガイン = SEED-Argine
[110] = ビル・デ・メラン = Bil De Melan
[111] = コウマヅリ = Komazli
[112] = ウバクラダ = Ubakrada
[113] = ザシャロガン = Zasharogan
[114] = ビード・グルーデ = Bead Groode
[115] = デルプ・スラミィ = Delp Slami
[116] = ガイノゼロス = Gainozeros
[117] = ライグタス = Rygutass
[118] = ラッピー・グッグ = Rappy Gugg
[119] = ラッピー・イッグ = Rappy Igg
[120] = ラッピー・ポレック = Rappy Polec
[121] = Empty
[122] = Empty
[123] = Empty
[124] = Empty
[125] = Empty
[126] = ゴ・ブーマ = Go Booma
[127] = ジゴ・ブーマ = Jigo Booma
[128] = 特務兵・スパーダ = Special Ops (Sparda)
[129] = 特務兵・ヴォビス = Special Ops (Vorbis)
[130] = 教団警衛士・バスタ = Armed Servant (Basta)
[131] = 教団警衛士・オブメ = Armed Servant (Obme)
[132] = ローグス・マッズ = Rogue Mazz
[133] = ローグス・ウィッコ = Rogue Wikko
[134] = ヴィヴィアン = Vivienne
[135] = レンヴォルト・マガシ = Renvolt Magashi
[136] = SEED・ヘルガ = SEED Helga
[137] = ラッピー・パラル = Mini Rappy
[138] = サンド・ラッピー = Sand Rappy
[139] = サベージ・ウルフ = Savage Wolf
[140] = バーベラス・ウルフ = Barbarous Wolf
[141] = デルバイツァ = Delbiter
[142] = ナノノドラゴ = Nano Dragon
[143] = カオスソーサラー = Chaos Sorcerer
[144] = イルギル = Ill Gill
[145] = エビルシャーク = Evil Shark
[146] = パルシャーク = Pal Shark
[147] = ギルシャーク = Guil Shark
[148] = ポイゾナスリリー = Poison Lily
[149] = ナルリリー = Nar Lily
[150] = シノワビート = Sinow Beat
[151] = シノワゴールド = Sinow Gold
[152] = アスターク = Astark
[153] = ダークベルラ = Dark Belra
[154] = ジェリス = Jeris
[155] = ダゴ・グジェリ = Dago Gujeri
[156] = ゾルディラン = Zoldillan
[157] = ル・ダッゴ = Lu Duggo
[158] = ワルムス = Walmus
[159] = ムルヌハ = Mulnuha
[160] = ヴァルガタス = Vulgatus
[161] = ジェディン = Jedein
[162] = モグ・ボッゴ = Mog Boggo
[163] = ダカマヅリ = Dakamazli
[164] = ダーヴァガイン = Darvaguine
[165] = バグ・デッガ = Bag Degga
[166] = ダノアマズ = Danoamaz
[167] = ボルガディラン = Vorgadillan
[168] = スティンギー = Stingee
[169] = フラビットB1 = Flavit B1
[170] = グラビットS7 = Gravit S7
[171] = ブナリ甲3型 = Bunari Kou-3
[172] = タヴァラス = Tavalus
[173] = ベッガ = Vegga
[174] = スヴァルティア = Svaltia
[175] = ガーディアンズ・ロスタ = Guardians Rosta
[176] = ガーディアンズ・ロスク = Guardians Rosk
[177] = リトルウィング・ロスタ = Little Wing Rosta
[178] = リトルウィング・ロスク = Little Wing Rosk
[179] = カーシュ族の少年 = Kasch Tribesman
[180] = シズル = Shizuru
[181] = シズル = Shizuru
[182] = シズル = Shizuru
[183] = 黒髪の剣士 = Dark-haired Swordswoman
[184] = ナギサ = Nagisa
[185] = ナギサ = Nagisa
[186] = ゴランガラン = Gorangaran
[187] = ゴナン = Gonan
[188] = カオスブリンガー = Chaos Bringer
[189] = ギャランゾ = Garanz
[190] = バランゾ = Baranz
[191] = フィンジェR = Finjer R
[192] = フィンジェG = Finjer G
[193] = フィンジェB = Finjer B
[194] = ココ・メロッダ = Koko Merodda
[195] = イヴァーラス = Ivarase
[196] = ヴァリアラン = Variaran
[197] = ナーゲヴァール = Nagevaru
[198] = ラッピー・マキナ = Rappy Machina
[199] = ボラ・ヴリーマ = Bora Vurima
[200] = フランブルーメ = Flame Lily
[201] = ブレードマザー = Blade Mother
[202] = シュートマザー = Shot Mother
[203] = フォースマザー = Force Mother
[204] = ヘブンスマザー = Heaven's Mother
[205] = ラッピー・リゾナ = Rappy Rizona
[206] = ジャッゴ・リゾナ = Jaggo Rizona
[207] = ゼルーモン = Zerumon
[208] = ブリガンティア = Brigantia
[209] = インディベルラ = Indi Belra
[210] = ミルリリー = Mil Lily
[211] = オブリリー = Ob Lily
[212] = ゴルリリー = Frost Lily
[213] = ラッピー・グラキ = Rappy Go Lucky
[214] = ダークブリンガー = Dark Bringer

Kurosu
Oct 13, 2011, 06:53 PM
I see some mistakes between 16-20.

TheAstarion
Oct 13, 2011, 06:58 PM
The memory range extension I'm talking about is limited to text.
On another sidenote, I've discovered the bug in my translation patch that broke online play.
It now works on online mode too. Was a mistake of mine, sorry guys. (One zero too much in a number making it extremely big... xD)

Ah, fair enough. I guess I was getting too far ahead of myself. Thanks for clearing it up though.

As a side note, should we be interested in "fixing" some of the PSP2 translation errors like Reverser being Giresta, the Izooka/Izlucre and all "Line" line shields being referred to as "weave"? It's not exactly a big deal, in any case, but it'd be nice to have some continuity with the PSU translations.

ZER0 DX
Oct 13, 2011, 07:02 PM
I see some mistakes between 16-20.

Oh crap, thanks for catching that, must have accidentally skipped a line somewhere. I'll get that fixed asap.

Edit: Alright updated the pastebin link and the code section with the fixed one. Not sure how I managed to screw that up, just glad it only affected a few lines and not the whole thing haha.

_knot_
Oct 13, 2011, 07:08 PM
Hello! Wanted to post and simply say THANK YOU. This is amazing since everyone before you said it would never happen.

Rakukojin
Oct 13, 2011, 08:09 PM
Looking all this over is making importing this look really tempting. o.o

Anon_Fire
Oct 13, 2011, 08:10 PM
Actually Zero, I kinda like:

Bunari type-Kou3

Mike
Oct 13, 2011, 08:30 PM
I'm don't think the names of the new enemies are particularly accurate.

ZER0 DX
Oct 13, 2011, 08:46 PM
Actually Zero, I kinda like:

Bunari type-Kou3

Easily fixed.

I'm don't think the names of the new enemies are particularly accurate.

We don't have official English translations for the new enemies for Infinity, so I based the names off of the Katakana I had to work with. I didn't take too many liberties with it except for a few things like the fire and ice element lilies, so I guess a lot of the new enemy names do sound a bit more foreign. But that could also just be because we're not used to them yet. I don't think Sega could have done much better honestly. They got lazy with PSP2 and a lot of the names from that were nearly identical to the Japanese names.

I am willing to take suggestions on naming though if needed.

Anon_Fire
Oct 13, 2011, 11:00 PM
Easily fixed.

We don't have official English translations for the new enemies for Infinity, so I based the names off of the Katakana I had to work with. I didn't take too many liberties with it except for a few things like the fire and ice element lilies, so I guess a lot of the new enemy names do sound a bit more foreign. But that could also just be because we're not used to them yet. I don't think Sega could have done much better honestly. They got lazy with PSP2 and a lot of the names from that were nearly identical to the Japanese names.

I am willing to take suggestions on naming though if needed.

Oh, the SEED-Guardian name is actually: SEED-CAST

ボラ・ヴリーマ = Bola Vreema
ココ・メロッダ = Koko Melodda
ゼルーモン = Zelumon
ゴ・バジラ = Go Badira
イヴァーラス = Ivalase
ウバクラダ = Ubakurada
オルガ・スピリトゥス = Olga Spiritos

Anon_Fire
Oct 13, 2011, 11:25 PM
Another one:

この転送装置はパーティーメンバー
全員が揃うことで作動します。
転送先では、敵に勝利するか
メンバー全員が戦闘不能になるまで
シティに戻ることができません。

準備はよろしいですか?

This transporter will activate once the whole party gathers. The party cannot return to the city until victory is achieved, or the entire party is incapacitated.

Are you ready?

MESeele
Oct 13, 2011, 11:32 PM
ゴ・バジラ = Go Badira

Why would that be? di = ディ, it's used fairly commonly. Go Bajira makes sense.

They call it ディ・ラガン, not ジ・ラガン after all. I don't mean to pester mind you, I was just wondering.

kazuuya
Oct 14, 2011, 06:36 AM
This is simply amazing, it's like I would dream it! xD Thank you so much for it Coldbird, (and everyone else, who's helping of course too!) now I'm really happy about getting Infinity next year.

GreenArcher
Oct 14, 2011, 08:23 AM
Keep it up, you'd make me and a good friend happy campers if this were completed :)

AzureAsh
Oct 14, 2011, 08:32 AM
I'm sorry for not entirely reading the thread.

But let me make this clear, when this is done we will be able to play Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity entirely in English on a legit copy on the Japanese servers using custom firmware?

Or am I wrong? :(

Kurosu
Oct 14, 2011, 08:35 AM
That should be the case, assuming SEGA doesn't crack down on it.

AzureAsh
Oct 14, 2011, 08:44 AM
Well Sega of Japan wouldn't crack down on it as we're paying consumers, we're not getting the game for free and playing it online.

Also I'd see no reason for Sega of America to crack down on it when there are no plans to release Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity in America.

Ethateral
Oct 14, 2011, 09:41 AM
I. Love. You. <3

AzureAsh
Oct 14, 2011, 09:53 AM
I'm going to be importing a copy of PSP2i soon.

Don't ask me why it took this long, I blame my exams and all of the crap that I've been through this year.

I entirely forgot about PSP2i. XD

ZER0 DX
Oct 14, 2011, 10:43 AM
Oh, the SEED-Guardian name is actually: SEED-CAST

ボラ・ヴリーマ = Bola Vreema
ココ・メロッダ = Koko Melodda
ゼルーモン = Zelumon
ゴ・バジラ = Go Badira
イヴァーラス = Ivalase
ウバクラダ = Ubakurada
オルガ・スピリトゥス = Olga Spiritos

A couple of those is just trying to stay consistent with the names already established with their official localized translations for PSU. Understandable to want to make them more accurate but I assumed everyone was familiar with their localized names already so I left them as they were. Trust me I was debating on fixing them as well like Heavy Alliance Soldier but decided against it.

These would work for names though as far as the new enemies go, a lot if it is that whole "ru/lu" thing with Japan. It's true most of the time ru gets changed to lu when things get localized so I can fix these.

ボラ・ヴリーマ = Bola Vreema
ココ・メロッダ = Koko Melodda
ゼルーモン = Zelumon
イヴァーラス = Ivalase

SeraphicDemon
Oct 14, 2011, 11:01 AM
Thank you so much for doing this! I've been wanting to play infinity badly, but can't stand playing games in a language I can't understand. Now I'll actually be able to play it. This is actually better than an English release of the game. We'll be able to play on the Japanese servers and get all the DLC and extra crap we all know Sega would never give us if they did release it here. Japan also bans cheaters so I won't have to be as paranoid as I am on the US servers in vanilla. Guess I'll need to get CFW now. I have no idea how to even do that though.

Coldbird
Oct 14, 2011, 02:55 PM
You will find ways to do it. A google search for PROCFW already returns our project page as first result. *rolls eyes*

@ZER0 & Co: Did you guys settle on everything yet?

All I need right now is a "final" table file where everything is translated the way the community wants it so I can reinsert things... while I wait for approval which table file translation (pastebin please...) to use, I will keep myself occupied dumping the next tables.

ZER0 DX
Oct 14, 2011, 04:54 PM
I'm probably just gonna edit the new enemy names according to Anon Fire and then leave the rest as is. I'll upload the final one shortly.

ZER0 DX
Oct 14, 2011, 05:39 PM
Here's the final revision.
http://pastebin.com/ubtSN1bD

Revisions made:
Go Bajilla is now Go Badira for consistency. Thank Sega for messing this one up haha.
SEED-Guardian is now fixed to be SEED-CAST
Koko Merodda = Koko Melodda
Ivarase = Ivalase
Nagevaru = Nageval
Bola Vureema = Bola Vreema
Zerumon = Zelumon
Gorangaran = Gorangalan. Easier to pronounce this way.
Bunari Kou-3 = Bunari type-Kou3
Added Parentheses to Guardians and Little Wing Rosk/Rosta for consistency, as well as to Rogue Mazz/Wikko

MESeele
Oct 14, 2011, 06:02 PM
A couple of those is just trying to stay consistent with the names already established with their official localized translations for PSU. Understandable to want to make them more accurate but I assumed everyone was familiar with their localized names already so I left them as they were. Trust me I was debating on fixing them as well like Heavy Alliance Soldier but decided against it.

Oh. Thanks for the reply, now I know. I never played PSU, so those names aren't familiar to begin with. I wasn't sure what was new and what was reused - besides the pso incarnations, anyway.

Coldbird
Oct 14, 2011, 06:25 PM
Guys. More work to do!
While I am going to insert Table #4 back into the game, you guys can chew on Table #5...

And hell guys... this is a big one.

ZER0 DX
Oct 14, 2011, 06:30 PM
Wow, no kidding. 3673 lines is quite a bit.

Anon_Fire
Oct 14, 2011, 06:46 PM
憤怒 = Rage
チャージショットⅠ = Charge Shot I
チャージショットⅡ = Charge Shot II
無 = Neutral
キャンセル = Cancel
キャラクター情報 = Character Information

Coldbird
Oct 14, 2011, 06:51 PM
People, when we collaborate on Table Translation, please don't give me...
Japanese Text = English Text...

Refer to the index numbers instead...

Number = English Text

Otherwise I will grow dumb puzzling things together.

Mentioning what table you're working on might be a good idea too, as two tables are currently still labeled as "Open".

On DeviFoxx's behalf I will post his translations from Table #5 so far...

[0] = Yes
[1] = No
[2] = Back
[3] = Cancel
[14] = Do you want to return to the City?
[15] = To finish press the %s Button.
[15] = ○ Button
[16] = Start Button
[17] = Enter Key
[18] = Esc Key
[21] =
Returning to Title Screen.
Is this OK?
[22] = Next
[23] =
Returning to Network Menu.
Is this OK?
[24] = Loading.
[25] =
Server isn't responding.
Closing the Network Menu.
[40] = Revival Checkpoint
[41] = %d Revives left
[44] = Character Info
[45] = Inventory
[46] = Map
[47] = Community
[48] = System
[49] = Status
[50] = Equipment List
[51] = Photon Art List
[52] = Job Type List
[53] = Partner Card
[54] = Simple Mail
[55] = Party
[56] = Shortcut Settings
[57] = Options
[58] = Black List
[59] = Return to Title Screen
[60] = Cancel
[61] = Chat Log
[62] = Weapons
[63] = Armor
[64] = Items
[65] = Customize
[66] = Trade
[67] = Received Mails

EDIT: And some more of his...
[2719] = ソード = Sword
[2720] = ナックル = Knuckle
[2721] = スピア = Spear
[2722] = ダブルセイバー = Double Saber
[2723] = アックス = Axe
[2724] = ツインセイバー = Twin Saber
[2725] = ツインダガー = Twin Dagger
[2726] = ツインクロー = Twin Claw
[2727] = セイバー = Saber
[2728] = ダガー = Dagger
[2729] = クロー = Claw
[2730] = フォトンウィップ = Photon Whip
[2731] = スライサー = Slicer
[2732] = ライフル = Rifle
[2733] = ショットガン = Shotgun
[2734] = ロングボウ = Longbow
[2735] = グレネード = Grenade Launcher
[2736] = レーザーカノン = Laser Cannon
[2737] = ツインハンドガン = Twin Handgun
[2738] = ハンドガン = Handgun
[2739] = クロスボウ = Crossbow
[2740] = カード = Card
[2741] = マシンガン = Machine Gun
[2742] = ロッド = Rod
[2743] = ウォンド = Wand
[2744] = マドゥーグ = TECH-Mag
[2745] = シャドゥーグ = R-Mag
[2746] = トラップ = Traps

ZER0 DX
Oct 14, 2011, 07:09 PM
Ah alright, sorry about that, wasn't entirely sure how you wanted it to be layed out. I'll be sure to do that from now on. Just let me know if you want me to go back and fix the enemy name table.

I started some work on table 5 as well but looks like Devi is already taking care of that. I wouldn't mind splitting the workload though, if he wants to take half of it I can take care of the other half.

Coldbird
Oct 14, 2011, 07:15 PM
Thats the idea about it.

We need some way to coordinate this and people should post the range of indices they are going to cover before starting work on them.

Otherwise it will be difficult to synchronize our work on this thing.

On my end its pretty easy... as long as I manage to puzzle together a full table in the end, I'm happy... without a fully translated table I can't reinsert the data afterall.

DeviFoxx
Oct 14, 2011, 07:18 PM
I'll probably work on indexes [2686] to [3108] for the time being.

Coldbird
Oct 14, 2011, 07:20 PM
About your work ZERO and editing the Monster Table, no don't.
Your table is just fine, what I'm talking about is posting "parts" of collaborative work on the forums.

Afterall one person has to puzzle the data back into a valid Table like the one you did.
Puzzling things back onto a table can be difficult if you don't know the index a text belongs to.
That's all I said, you did great work on the table and the way you did it is okay. :D

StrangeBoy
Oct 14, 2011, 09:48 PM
Man,that was amazing!

I really hope that the project hava a good future.

And personally,I think a fan made translation is better than a oficial one.

The localization that Sega does on the Phantasy Star games is very bad...

Thanks for this :-P

And sorry for my bad english...

chaosxii
Oct 14, 2011, 09:58 PM
Awesome news I can't put in to words how happy I am to see this project finally started by someone and the work you have done so far from what I can see looks great Coldbird. Thanks for working on this Coldbird and DeviFox and ZeroDX and everyone else that is teaming up on this project Looking forward to the 1st release or final which ever comes 1st ^_^

CocoaTan
Oct 14, 2011, 11:02 PM
Is Google Docs an option? Some past translations projects I've helped with used it to manage tables of text for multiple translators in a spreadsheet.

UberRottweiler
Oct 14, 2011, 11:29 PM
@Coldbird You have my thanks!

Also I wonder if you could answer this question, will the translated game work on CFW 5.00 m33-6? Because thats the CFW I'm planning to use on my 2000 series PSP in order to get your translation after I import a legit copy of the game of course.

Also, I have another question, will I need to convert my american save file into japanese save file in order to run the patched game?

Well thats all, I'm glad to see somebody qualified to do this, you got, again, my thanks friend!!!

Clunker
Oct 14, 2011, 11:41 PM
WHOOO-HOOO!

*Ahem*

That is all.

Emp
Oct 15, 2011, 12:10 AM
@Coldbird You have my thanks!

Also I wonder if you could answer this question, will the translated game work on CFW 5.00 m33-6? Because thats the CFW I'm planning to use on my 2000 series PSP in order to get your translation after I import a legit copy of the game of course.

Also, I have another question, will I need to convert my american save file into japanese save file in order to run the patched game?

Well thats all, I'm glad to see somebody qualified to do this, you got, again, my thanks friend!!!

No but if you want to continue your save in Infinity, you will need to get converted. If not, have fun starting all over again. ^^

Tyreek
Oct 15, 2011, 12:52 AM
I saw on line 74 of Table# 4, the enemy name reads:

Without the dash. You may wanna fix that typo.

Robert_Garcia
Oct 15, 2011, 01:11 AM
Is CFW required for the patch? I just want to know beforehand.

blace
Oct 15, 2011, 01:14 AM
Is CFW required for the patch? I just want to know beforehand.

Any kind of translation patch requires CFW to run.

Robert_Garcia
Oct 15, 2011, 01:21 AM
Ah, I see. I'll download the CFW Coldbird recommended, after I import Infinity.

Coldbird
Oct 15, 2011, 04:46 AM
Updated the code of the translation plugin to properly split logic and data (tables).
This will make table insertion a lot easier for me. :)

Now it means waiting for me until you guys can provide me a fully translated table to insert.

@UberRottweiler: No it won't work on 5.00 M33. PRO CFW is a lot more advanced than the old generation CFWs and my plugin makes use of the functions our CFW provides.
The plugin, on 5.00 M33 will do absolutely nothing.

LEDAHGRIM
Oct 15, 2011, 03:12 PM
Wasn't you one of the guys that developed the GE patch
that worked as a plugin??

Anyways to stay on topic i guess the patch will work the same way
as the old GE patch right?? or will the iso have to be modified somehow??

Will there be problems running the patch if im not using a PRO CFW??
I ask because right now im on 6.39 me 9.6

O_o??

Ohh, and good to see you're still around coldbird, i still remember that
funny quote from the GE site:

???: "I summon coldbird!!"
Coldbird: "Kudos everyone"
???: "OMG!!!"

Coldbird
Oct 15, 2011, 03:29 PM
??? = Aznk

Anyway, yes I was. And yes this one works as a plugin too.

It might work on other CFW but unless they implement the same features PRO has, I can't guarantee the thing works.

GuardianAngel
Oct 15, 2011, 06:18 PM
Just wanted to drop by and say this is wonderful what you are doing. Thanks so much! Keep up the good work. ^^

And I have just one question. Are you going to release the patch when it is completely done, or periodically (like v1.1, v1.2 etc.)?

Tyreek
Oct 15, 2011, 06:57 PM
I think it would be beneficial to everyone if the patch was done before release. Which brings up a certain question. Coldbird, seeing as new DLC recently being announced to come on the 20th is approaching, will you be translating those as well as they keep coming?

LEDAHGRIM
Oct 15, 2011, 07:23 PM
Ok coldbird, then can i upgrade directly from 6.39 me 9.5 to 6.60 pro??

Is there any risk?? and the last question does pro have the MS Speed up??
I ask since ME has it, well at least in beta...

Anyways since its a 6.60 CFW i gues its just as fast as me version...

Good to see things are going smoothly with the patch, i see that mosnter
names, character creation among other things are being or are almost done,
just need the reinserting to be done right??

Is this going to include wepons items and etc??? I dont see why not but I guess
i didnt even had to ask. xD

Good luck with patch i prefer ME but ill update to pro because I love phantasy
star and... well i see no cons as to why I shouldnt update ahahhaa.

Edit:
Ahh forgot to mention this, since half of the game has been already translated by sega,
will you do something like importing that half traslation into infinity?? is it posible??
Just asking since i dont know a thing about any of game hacking xD...

ZER0 DX
Oct 16, 2011, 02:24 AM
I saw on line 74 of Table# 4, the enemy name reads:

Without the dash. You may wanna fix that typo.

Whoops, I hate it when things like that slip by. I could have sworn I threw that dash in there, must have hit space instead by mistake.

Even triple checked everything before submitting the final and that still managed to evade me haha. At least it's nothing too major if it doesn't get corrected but it would still be nice to be as 100% accurate as possible.

Anyway I wasn't available the past day & 1/2, was preoccupied with other stuff to do but I'll be able to do some work on table 5 tomorrow morning. I got a few entries done early yesterday but my computer ended up shutting off and I didn't get a chance to save any of it. Not that big a deal since it was pretty much stuff Devifoxx already covered though.

I'll do work on 76 to 823 for now. Probably gonna take a while but it's at least manageable.

ShinMaruku
Oct 16, 2011, 03:09 AM
When the patch is availible would it need an additional plugin?

GeoSword
Oct 16, 2011, 03:40 AM
I was wondering if the patch is editable (like in Notepad or the like). Like be able to change an item or monster's name and such. I could use that for entertainment purposes. If not, then I'm OK by it.

Coldbird
Oct 16, 2011, 07:05 AM
I don't mind opensourcing the module code, then you can edit it to your hearts content yourself.
@ShinMaruku: Additional plugin...? The Translation Patch itself is a plugin already.

@ZERO: Do you mind managing the user contributions for Table #5?
You did a great job on Table #4 so I thought you might wanna be the head of operations for Table #5 collaboration aswell.

FireFox276
Oct 16, 2011, 08:28 AM
I was wondering if the patch is editable (like in Notepad or the like). Like be able to change an item or monster's name and such. I could use that for entertainment purposes. If not, then I'm OK by it.

XD That'd be so awesome!

Coldbird
Oct 16, 2011, 08:49 AM
@Tyreek: Forgot to answer your question. Yes, translating DLC should be just as doable. But for starters lets settle with the basics first.

Capn_Nostrus
Oct 16, 2011, 09:59 AM
Just dropping in to give my support~ ^^ Can't wait for the patch so I can get to playing more Infinity. Been using the translation guide, but I'm on the go too much for it to really be practical so this patch is going to be AWESOME.

Coldbird
Oct 16, 2011, 10:48 AM
...but I'm on the go too much for it to really be practical...
The reason I started this patch. ^^;

Masterflower
Oct 16, 2011, 11:02 AM
This makes me a happy camper, I fully support this project :D

ShinMaruku
Oct 16, 2011, 12:40 PM
@ShinMaruku: Additional plugin...? The Translation Patch itself is a plugin already.

Well I await the completed plug in.

Coldbird
Oct 16, 2011, 03:13 PM
Clarifying things I guess...

When Table #5 is done, I will wrap all the data we have so far into a test translation plugin for you guys to test... psp2imod.prx, you load that plugin in your CFW and be happy.

When a more updated translation patch gets released... all you do is overwrite psp2imod.prx on your memory stick.

EvilMag
Oct 16, 2011, 03:29 PM
One question though, since Infinity has not yet come for me, will this work for the demo?

LEDAHGRIM
Oct 16, 2011, 04:55 PM
I think it will since its a part of the game, but the demo has a diferent serial
number so then again it might not work.

BTW will the plugin test of the early patch be for everyone?? Since that way would be
easier to spot bugs, freezes and the like.

Altough i guess it being a selected few would prevent some other issues from
happening if you know what i mean...

ZER0 DX
Oct 16, 2011, 07:27 PM
I don't mind opensourcing the module code, then you can edit it to your hearts content yourself.

@ZERO: Do you mind managing the user contributions for Table #5?
You did a great job on Table #4 so I thought you might wanna be the head of operations for Table #5 collaboration aswell.

Sure I wouldn't mind, just need to get a heads up on who all is willing to assist with the translations and then we can work on assigning sections.

Anon_Fire
Oct 16, 2011, 08:02 PM
When are the item/weapons coming up?

Robert_Garcia
Oct 16, 2011, 11:03 PM
I'm curious...would the DLC items in the PSP2 Vanilla also be available in Infinity?

Emp
Oct 16, 2011, 11:07 PM
I'm curious...would the DLC items in the PSP2 Vanilla also be available in Infinity?

They've always been available. There is Vanilla DLC section on the JP PSN store.^^

Coldbird
Oct 16, 2011, 11:57 PM
No it wont work on the demo.
As for items.. lets wait for Zero and co. to finish Table 5 first.

The translation, including unfinished test patches, will be available to the public.

Anyway, writing this from my phone, gotta head to school.

See you guys later.

ZER0 DX
Oct 17, 2011, 03:09 PM
I just got entries 76 through 223 done so far. I'll work on some more in a couple hours, gonna take a small break for now.

Also I did get a little stumped on these entries:
[205] = ログアウト中のみ転送
[206] = 常に転送

So if anyone is willing to help me figure out what these two are for that would be great.

First one says something about sending something during logout. The second one is an option for "always send" but I have no idea for what, since I can't find any related options in vanilla PSP2.

chaosxii
Oct 17, 2011, 03:29 PM
according to google translate not 100% sure how accurate it is tho...... hopefully this is a help if not I can at least said I tried lol
[205] = Only transferred during logout
[206] = Always transfer

I also have this translation of table 5 but again I ran it threw google so may need a fast look over but it may work for a good reffrence point http://www.mediafire.com/?ei61u8fdu4io4za

Coldbird
Oct 17, 2011, 04:32 PM
I just got entries 76 through 223 done so far. I'll work on some more in a couple hours, gonna take a small break for now.

[205] = ログアウト中のみ転送
[206] = 常に転送

So if anyone is willing to help me figure out what these two are for that would be great.

First one says something about sending something during logout. The second one is an option for "always send" but I have no idea for what, since I can't find any related options in vanilla PSP2.
Hm... wish I could help with that but no japanese.

I'm going to be the silent spectator now for while, relying on you guys to get the job done before I can reinsert the table.

I'm already looking forward to implement Table #5 back into the game. ^^

DeviFoxx
Oct 17, 2011, 04:49 PM

[205] = ログアウト中のみ転送
[206] = 常に転送

[205] = ログアウト中のみ転送 Only Send / Transmit During Log-Out
[206] = 常に転送 Always Send / Transmit

It's likely an option referring to data transferred to / from SEGA's server in Infrastructure Mode. At least that's what I'd imagine.

Tyreek
Oct 17, 2011, 04:56 PM
I wonder if its referencing that option they have to send/pickup partner cards while the game is on sleep or in story mode?

Coldbird
Oct 18, 2011, 12:57 AM
Doesn't quite matter what it refers to as the translation you guys offered is pretty straight forward...

Send Always
Send on Logout
:-P

Botosai
Oct 18, 2011, 01:27 PM
wow I haven't posted on this forum in forever, I was doing some looking on the net when I stumbled upon your section of the forum after doing some google search on trying to see if PSP2oI
had a release date yet. I would love to commend you on your work. I am looking forward to this.
I only wish there was some way that I could participate and help out but my knowledge of coding is extremely limited (I can only script codes for Ragnarok online P.Servers)

You had mentioned earlier that this would require CFW to play. I'm not going to post anything regarding cfw here on the forum but there is a way for players that do not want to jailbreak their psp's to play the ISO format that you stated so pretty much anyone can play the Iso considering that they have not updated passed 6.39 OFW. That is all i'll say if you would like more info you can contact me. Keep up the good work guys.

chaoelite
Oct 18, 2011, 02:14 PM
You had mentioned earlier that this would require CFW to play. I'm not going to post anything regarding cfw here on the forum but there is a way for players that do not want to jailbreak their psp's to play the ISO format that you stated so pretty much anyone can play the Iso considering that they have not updated passed 6.39 OFW. That is all i'll say if you would like more info you can contact me. Keep up the good work guys.

um not to be too specific but the method he is using requires it and it is not just about a image file and iirc infinity will not run in that method anyways.

Coldbird
Oct 18, 2011, 05:36 PM
Lets refer to the horse by its name... iso patching plus fakesigning wont work in thos case...
Psp2i uses a static elf main executeable, this cant get started by a sceLoadModule call, thus sneaking a usermodule into the iso is not possible...

Besodes, a usermodule would drain too much memory from the game, breaking features like online mode, its why i use a kernel module, so that it has a smaller memory footprint in the game memory range.

And a kernel module isnt fakesignable into a eboot...
So im sorry to tell you but cfw is a definite requirement for this patch.

Digital Doom
Oct 18, 2011, 05:57 PM
I think this is awesome. I play Infinity and would really like to see a larger English speaking community.
Which I think this English translation patch will help bring in more players.

SO..Keep up the good work and Thank You! to ColdBird and anyone helping with this.:-)

Alisha
Oct 18, 2011, 05:58 PM
besides jailbraiking your psp hasnt been required for some time now. you can sneak out then sneak back in.

Botosai
Oct 18, 2011, 08:21 PM
I currently use a HEN program on my PSP since it is a 3k model. Im not very sharp on the ins and outs of CFW and I do not want to Brick my PSP and be out of 150USD.

(back on topic)
I am extremely happy that someone has taken up this task, Will your patch also translate the story text as well so we can enjoy the story? If so ill fire up the ol' Sgdeemer and convert my PSP2 data to JP. region. I hope your release of the patch goes smoothly and pray that SEGA doesnt announce the release of the game during your work.

Tyreek
Oct 18, 2011, 08:32 PM
Knowing SEGA they either A.) Not care and not release it period. Or B.) Release it, and just like Capcom did with Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G(I think?), lose sales because they released it so late, when a translation patch was made long before(or in this case, lose sales because the JP version with the patch WILL be the superior version compared to what they could do to this game like PSP2 vanilla and getting away with what they did).

blace
Oct 18, 2011, 08:46 PM
I currently use a HEN program on my PSP since it is a 3k model. Im not very sharp on the ins and outs of CFW and I do not want to Brick my PSP and be out of 150USD.

I'm running 6.60 PRO on a 3000 at the moment, only issue is that the system sometimes resets itself when I put it to sleep. Been using the PRO CFW since 6.39, works perfectly and you can uninstall it without any traces of it on the system.

Helel
Oct 18, 2011, 08:50 PM
Hi Coldbird, first of all, I want to thank you for what you a doing, PSP is one of my favorite games on PSP & I'm really looking forward to play Infinity, cuz I don't understand Japanese at all.

Second, I want thank you for your work on PRO CFW, I'm using it & I like it very much! And it was really sad, when you decided to retire from PRO CFW Project!

Lastly, this is the blog of a team who translating other game from Japanese (MHP3rd): http://teammaverickone.blogspot.com/ Maybe they will help you with Hex-Dump-Table Analyzing or something ;)

MESeele
Oct 18, 2011, 08:52 PM
Wait. Hold on a sec. I know this is edging dangerously close to being off topic - among other things, but I thought the 3000 was immune? Cfw can be used on 3000s? Is this a new development or have I just been under a rock too long?

Botosai
Oct 18, 2011, 08:55 PM
Are you using any data from PSP2 in your patchwork?

Wait. Hold on a sec. I know this is edging dangerously close to being off topic - among other things, but I thought the 3000 was immune? Cfw can be used on 3000s? Is this a new development or have I just been under a rock too long?

Yes PSP 3000 is indeed modable now for how long I am not certain send me a message ill give you details I do not wish to disclose this kind of info in this thread.
I do not wish to invite any ill befalling upon the Topic starter

@Tyreek
In all honesty I believe Sega has no choice but to release the game stateside seeing how it is affiliated with Kentucky Fried Rappy er... i mean Chicken.

Helel
Oct 18, 2011, 08:57 PM
deleted

Mike
Oct 18, 2011, 09:47 PM
Knowing SEGA they either A.) Not care and not release it period.
With VC3 not getting an English release, I think it's more than likely that Infinity won't make an appearance in the English world. Not officially, at least. But that's old news.

Coldbird
Oct 18, 2011, 11:42 PM
True, but i will take a look into patching vc3 too.

Capn_Nostrus
Oct 18, 2011, 11:49 PM

That would be amazing. O_O

kenma9123
Oct 19, 2011, 02:49 AM
hey coldbird your here.. lol
I was lurking on d other thread saying, you will translate the game,
but I didn't know that your doing it already!..lazy me D:.
I got it from aznk if doesn't to him? I dunno this thing..,
and it seems like he haven't receive my emails yet.

I'm always willing to help you out..
drop me on my email [email protected] or in my msn as well :P

lazyknight
Oct 19, 2011, 02:52 AM

This made my day. :)

d19xx
Oct 19, 2011, 03:17 AM
Nice to see that people here are actually helping with the translation of this game.

The MH translation project has been a cluster **** from day one. Accusation of stealing, credit taking, too much drama, etc.

Stay classy PS community. :)

kenma9123
Oct 19, 2011, 04:57 AM
Nice to see that people here are actually helping with the translation of this game.

The MH translation project has been a cluster **** from day one. Accusation of stealing, credit taking, too much drama, etc.

Stay classy PS community. :)

lolwut?
what are you talking about?
they are not forcing you to use it.. its a FREE. be glad :-D

natchu96
Oct 19, 2011, 05:56 AM
To clarify, does this work on the UMD copies, the ISOs, or both?

Just asking.

kenma9123
Oct 19, 2011, 06:05 AM
yes, as coldbird coded a plugin for it..as long as your psp is in cfw both umd and iso will work..with the said plugin

Coldbird
Oct 19, 2011, 06:20 AM
yes, as coldbird coded a plugin for it..as long as your psp is in cfw both umd and iso will work..with the said plugin
Amen.

Long time no see Kenma. How's life been?
I would be happy to have you contribute to this one aswell, that would be brilliant.

You will find the currently "open" (unfinished) tables in the first post of this topic, reading through the topic you will see that people already "tackle" certain index-ranges from those tables, so you might wanna pick some range from the table and translate that.

natchu96
Oct 19, 2011, 06:42 AM

Thanks. Now lets hope my memory stick has enough space . . .

kenma9123
Oct 19, 2011, 06:44 AM
so you've changed your msn too? :D..go there I'm OL.
Long time no chat dude.. my life? well, being busy all day..
how about you? I heard some big big news..oh well that's life we need to adjust..

anyways..okay as long as i have some spare time, because right now, I'm also contributing to the mhp3 translation by team maverick(you know about that?)

Coldbird
Oct 19, 2011, 06:52 AM
It's where Vuze is at too isn't it?
I heard from Codestation about it, you guys requested his help some time ago for GIM injection.

Anyway guys... to help on collaboration, I've created a Google Spreadsheet for Table #5.

Everyone who wants to contribute to the translation, please PM me your Google Account data so I can send a invite.

EDIT: Kenma, you already got your Google Spreadsheet Invitation, check your mail.

kenma9123
Oct 19, 2011, 06:58 AM
no..he had his own team..working on a german patch..
but this past few days he ask me to code the "patcher", exclusive only for them which is of course in german lol..

yeah codestation is the maker of the apps that we're using, but the leader of team maverick is the one who's asking him..

my gmail account is the one that i posted on my previous post..

d19xx
Oct 19, 2011, 07:25 AM
lolwut?
what are you talking about?
they are not forcing you to use it.. its a FREE. be glad :-D

Jebus, you didn't understand my post. I didn't even mention using it or bashed the translation team. -_-;

kenma9123
Oct 19, 2011, 07:51 AM
okay :D that's settled..

If you want, you can help with the psp2i translation..

Doing the table 5.. though I need someone to recheck it..I dunno if those messages are accepted. I don't have the previous game to check.. :D

Coldbird
Oct 19, 2011, 10:48 AM
Jesus christ, Kenma, your english sucks. *rolls eyes*
Seems like someone got rusty. *smirks*
Can someone who's willing to proofread fix his translations up a bit to be in proper english?

AzureAsh
Oct 19, 2011, 11:45 AM
I'll be willing to if it doesn't require proper knowledge of the Japanese language (I know very little, other than some katakana)

I don't mind going over and fixing the English. :)

ZER0 DX
Oct 19, 2011, 12:03 PM
I'll look it over, just need access to it first.

Only managed to get a few more entries done in my current table range, been a busy week for me so far.

Anon_Fire
Oct 19, 2011, 12:17 PM
Wait, you could ask EspioKaos to help out when he comes back.

Coldbird
Oct 19, 2011, 02:41 PM
Zero has been granted access to the Google Spreadsheet.
Should I be unavailable on the forums, you guys can ask him for Spreadsheet invites now too.

kenma9123
Oct 19, 2011, 09:45 PM
T_T...apologize, seems like I'm useless then :lol:
I said I don't have the previous game so I want someone to recheck it..

ZER0 DX
Oct 19, 2011, 10:10 PM
It's fine most of the edits I made aren't too major but some of them were quite a bit off haha.

kenma9123
Oct 19, 2011, 10:52 PM
I just can't think about of something. So i just translate what the japanese word says.. lazy me to convert in proper engrish :D

Coldbird
Oct 20, 2011, 05:40 AM
Mike has been granted Spreadsheet Access, he has done quite a few hundred translations which he will apply to the spreadsheet soon.

Tyreek
Oct 20, 2011, 05:52 PM
I noticed some inconsistencies in that spread sheet. In kenma's translations I notice:

95 シールドライン Shield Line

--he has Shield Line, instead of Shield Weave for consistency, plus:

344 LV + 名前 Lvl+Name

387 LV + 称号 Lvl+Title

388 称号 + LV + 名前 Title+Lvl+Name

413 ブラストリリース Blast Released

That should be changed to:

"Lv. + Name"

"Lv. + Title"

"Title + Lv. + Name"

"Blast Release" (Present tense)

Also DeviFoxx has put down:

"1674 ツッコミ Tsukkomi"

I believe that's "Comedy" since its on the same list as the other poses. Also you have this:

"724 シールドラインショップ Shieldweave Shop" The localized version has put down "Shield-Weave Shop

"1608 ブラストチャージ Blast Change"

I did a quick check with Google translate and it says "Blast Charge".

I got the translation from the localized version of the lobby actions for reference in order to help you.

Left(Males)/Right(Females)

Sit on the Ground
Greet/Bow
Wave/Wave Hands
Happy
Cheer/Clap
Bow Down/Apologize
Question
Kiss
Frustration
Mock
Cry
Bored
Team Pose Left
Team Pose Center
Team Pose Right
Action Pose 1
Action Pose 2
Action Pose 3
Action Pose 4
Action Pose 5
Sexy Pose
SUV-Weapon Pose
Comedy
Laugh
Shake Hands/Point
Turn Around/Call
Conversation
Agree
Disagree
Embarrassed
Disappointed/Sad
Punch/Face Slaps
Angry
Surprised
Fall Down
Taunt
Scratch
Nanoblast
Jump
Kick
Cautious
Bow/Greeting
Throw/Pick up
Mirage Blast
Spin
Dance
Body Dance (Hold)/Back Dance(Hold)
Step Dance (Hold)/Karaoke (Hold)

I have more stuff from the menu I can add from the localized version, but I'll leave that for later. Another thing of note, I realized DeviFoxx has set Crouch instead of Kraz for our notable Beast detective. I'm guessing that's what going to be notably changed?

I can help for English consistency reasons and double checking with the vanilla version if you guys want.

DeviFoxx
Oct 20, 2011, 07:09 PM
I changed the minor errors I had made back to what they should be.

I left our notable beast detective as Crouch and not Kraz, because I started playing the game on Japanese Vanilla and not English Vanilla. Truth be told, for the most part, I haven't touched English Vanilla, save for the few instances where a friend asked me to log on and help her.

To me, the character's name was fine as Crouch. SEGA of America changed it likely just because it sounds too close to "Crotch".

Moreover, since all the cutscenes in Japanese Vanilla & Infinity are voice-acted (which was removed in English Vanilla), it'd likely be confusing for people playing the game to hear the characters verbally say "Hey, Crouch!" but read "Hey, Kraz!" ...

Mike
Oct 20, 2011, 07:20 PM
it'd likely be confusing for people playing the game to hear the characters verbally say "Hey, Crouch!" but read "Hey, Kraz!" ...
Most of the people who need to use translations aren't going to hear "Hey Crouch!" They'll hear "a;lhaslkdfjaslij!" because they don't understand Japanese.

Masterflower
Oct 20, 2011, 07:28 PM
Most of the people who need to use translations aren't going to hear "Hey Crouch!" They'll hear "a;lhaslkdfjaslij!" because they don't understand Japanese.

Unless your one of those people that watch alot of fansub anime so you start picking up on a few things the characters say lol.

Edit: To be Honest Mike, most of the time, you would clearly hear the names of people. Only people that comes to mind that I never heard their names clearly was Shizuru and Chelsea. Emilia, Nagisa, Lumia and etc I heard no problem even with the accent they sometimes have with the names lol.

DeviFoxx
Oct 20, 2011, 07:34 PM
Unless your one of those people that watch alot of fansub anime so you start picking up on a few things the characters say lol.

Exactly.

Mike
Oct 20, 2011, 07:46 PM
Anime fans aside, there is an existing official translation. It is funky but it is official. Sticking with it is the best way to not alienate large numbers of people.

LEDAHGRIM
Oct 20, 2011, 10:41 PM
I would prefer if them stick with the japanese romanized text for names like in
kraz's case wich original name is crouch, believe me there are a lot of people who
notice perfectly these small things, even if the people who played the english
version will go "What??" if they read "Kraz" but hear "crouch" in the voice scenes.

That was the first thing i noticed when i got infinity and heard chelesea call kraz
"crouch", i was like "wait, his name IS crouch??"

Besides game companies that publish games on the US sometimes make good
translation but are very lazy with the small details wich personally breaks any game
for me and maybe others, i dont remember how many games I stoped playing
because the company translators took too many liberties with the original text...

Surely they went "Meh, no one is gonna notice this..."

Thats just my opinion tough...

DeviFoxx
Oct 20, 2011, 11:04 PM
Yeah. That kinda proves my point.

Even if people can't read / speak / understand Japanese, I'm pretty sure they can readily identify character's names as they're spoken--regardless of what language you speak.

That's why in my Guide, at the very beginning of the Story Mode walkthrough, I briefly mentioned the fact that the character's name is (albeit, alternatively) "Kraz", but chose to leave it as "Crouch", as it was in the original version.

I'll make it known though that If anyone else working on the Patch's text wants to change translations I've made to cater to the English Vanilla fanbase, then they can feel free to go right ahead and alter the text I've written as they see fit.

But for me, since I played Japanese Vanilla when it first came out and not English Vanilla, I'm not readily familiar with every one of Sega's changes and translations. So I'm more inclined to leave it as it was in the original Japanese version. (Crouch / Kraz, Vanguard / Braver, etc. etc.)

For me, the only exception to the rule however is when it comes to the names of Missions / Photon Arts / Clothes / Furniture / Weapons / Modules (Units) / Shieldweaves / and Nano/Mirage Blasts & SUVs / etc.

Because none of these names are frequently verbalized / voice-acted in the story dialogue as often as character names are--which are spoken of fairly regularly.

When I'm translating stuff, it really throws me off to not only translate it into English, but to have to frequently cross-reference the "official translation". But that's just my personality quirk I suppose. Like I said, if anyone wants to change names like "Crouch" to "Kraz", then feel free. I won't stop you.

Helel
Oct 20, 2011, 11:46 PM
I think many will agree with me, I don't really care about Crouch / Kraz, Vanguard / Braver, etc. I'm just grateful, that you are translating the game to language that I can understand. So, Thanks for what all of you are doing!!!

BTW, about overall Translation patch/plugin progress, I know it's still a long road, but we talking about weeks, months?

Coldbird
Oct 20, 2011, 11:53 PM
About Translation, i tag along with devidoxxs beliefs, but as you guys know I do it for the community.
Im only the coder, i will tag along with whatever the community desires.

About finishing time, no idea, such projects are unpredictable.

Mike
Oct 21, 2011, 12:53 AM
That was the first thing i noticed when i got infinity and heard chelesea call kraz
"crouch", i was like "wait, his name IS crouch??"
Which is a point I PMed to Devi. The game has been translated once before, for better or worse, and when things change people go "What?" Simply, there's no reason to confuse people by changing the names back. Crouch has always been Kraz in English. Yuto has always been Yut. Why confuse non-Japanese speakers by backtracking to names they aren't familiar with?

The purpose of translation is to put something in one language / culture in to another and you need to use concepts that the target language group is familiar with. In this case, the target is English speaking Phantasy Star fans, Portable 2 fans in particular and in the general knowldege and lexicon of those people, there is the official English translation of PSP2. You defeat the purpose of translating when you go and arbitrarily change things because you don't like how they turned out. This is one of the bad things the official English version does because it overwrites names and concepts already in the Phantasy Star Universe lexicon with strange and silly things (Mysynths, shield weaves, exact guard).

But whatever. If the community wants to take the fanboy path over the consistancy path and fall in the same changing-names-of-things-mid-series hole, then so be it. I'll still help because I said I would help. You'll make me use a meme though and I dislike using memes.

EDIT: Rockman vs. Megaman

Masterflower
Oct 21, 2011, 01:37 AM
That was the first thing i noticed when i got infinity and heard chelesea call kraz "crouch", i was like "wait, his name IS crouch??"

I had this somewhat happen to me when I was playing Mana Khemia. I had the game in JP audio cuz I like hearing both languages if the option is available, if not, thats fine, Im not really picky on the language of the game. In the US, Philomel was called Jessica which I kept saying to myself everytime they mention the name, who the hell are they talkin about. I dont know this person, til when she fainted, they kept yelling the name which then I was like, wait why change her name? It wasn't a Last/First name issue because even in the JP language, then kept referring to everyone by their first name. They felt the need to reverse her name and change the Hartung to Jessica. O_o;

If this patch works like God Eater, just make two folders for original translation and new translation cuz either way we cant make everyone happy.

Thinking about it now, people are just gonna have the same problem I just had with Mana Khemia, assuming they are completely oblivious about the JP counterpart.

Mike
Oct 21, 2011, 02:34 AM
Thinking about it now, people are just gonna have the same problem I just had with Mana Khemia, assuming they are completely oblivious about the JP counterpart.
Mana Khemia wasn't a sequel. You also assume that people understand Japanese.

DeviFoxx
Oct 21, 2011, 03:14 AM
Mana Khemia wasn't a sequel. You also assume that people understand Japanese.

You're assuming that the Japanese language doesn't have non-Japanese words in it.

The thing about Japanese though is that even when people who don't speak / understand a single word of it, the can still have a basic understanding of what's going on. Even before I learned how to speak it, I could still listen to a conversation and pick and choose bits and pieces out of it and get the general gist of what the topic in a conversation was.

You yourself should be more than aware of that. Japanese as a language is absolutely rife with wasei-eigo (English Loan Words), wasei-doitsugo (German Loan Words), and wasei-supeingo (Spanish Loan Words).

We say "Computer" in English, the Japanese say コンピューター Konpyuutaa.

The Germans say "Arbeit" (Work), the Japanese say アルバイト Arubaito (Part-Time Job)

The Spanish say "Pan" (Bread), the Japanese say パン Pan (Bread)

Heck, even the so-popular Tempura in Japan originally came from Portugal.

I understand what you're saying in that not everyone speaks / understands Japanese. But at the same time, people aren't absolute dummies. They can still hear / identify words that actually aren't Japanese while Japanese people are talking. What LEDAHGRIM & MasterFlower said earlier about hearing the differences between the English and Japanese versions between their games is proof of that. I'm fairly certain (I could be wrong) that neither of them speak Japanese. And even then they're smart enough to catch what's going on.

Kurosu
Oct 21, 2011, 05:38 AM
And the drama begins. ;)

kenma9123
Oct 21, 2011, 06:26 AM
I guess its going off topic guys?? :-P

anyways, Coldbird
line 2566 and 2568 from the table 5 sheet

%s(Reset Color) <- does the unknown character really exist?

and mike translation from line 3406 and below.. no "\n"(newline) ..? I guess I'm going to add it.

EvilMag
Oct 21, 2011, 06:58 AM
I could care less about names. I'm that person who called Nargisa Pirate Lady and Wynarl Wily Wonka man because for some odd reason he reminded me of him.

Coldbird
Oct 21, 2011, 07:42 AM
The unknown characters in the table do exist, please place them back in appropriately...
Those are special symbols only visible ingame...

Sega seems to have added some special icons to the font which can be addressed using those values.

Tyreek
Oct 21, 2011, 08:31 AM
I had a feeling that I'd indirectly start this drama. Well, I guess there's only one way to settle this dispute if we can't agree on one canon...

... Purist version.

MESeele
Oct 21, 2011, 08:53 AM
Well, I guess there's only one way to settle this dispute if we can't agree on one canon...

... Purist version.

Flip. A. Coin. Really, when it's between two correct choices, tossing it up to chance may be the best option to take. A true unbiased and equal chance for both parties to have their way.

Really, given the breadth and magnitude of what all of you are doing, it's rather silly that this is the issue you've chosen to get caught up on.

Tyreek
Oct 21, 2011, 08:58 AM
In all honesty, I don't want to see this thread escalate into a English Dub vs Japanese with Subs argument like on Youtube. Those get pretty ugly.

TheAstarion
Oct 21, 2011, 11:58 AM
Throwing in my opinion on translations...

I usually prefer whatever I became familiar with first. So for armour, Line Shield sounds more comfortable than Sheild-Weave. Crouch Müller over Kraz Muehler. The only thing I preferred in the english "dub" (with wholly 6 voiced scenes?) was Vanguard, which sounds badass, to Braver, which sounds like an ass pull.

zombiemoshpit84
Oct 21, 2011, 12:11 PM
braver/vanguard, crouch/kraz. its all the same to me. most people who frequent this site will know what you mean. as long as none of the translations leave us confused i wont complain. i want to thank anyone who is involved with this. were going to get meny new players on infinity because of this.

Emp
Oct 21, 2011, 12:15 PM
Throwing in my opinion on translations...

I usually prefer whatever I became familiar with first. So for armour, Line Shield sounds more comfortable than Sheild-Weave. Crouch Müller over Kraz Muehler. The only thing I preferred in the english "dub" (with wholly 6 voiced scenes?) was Vanguard, which sounds badass, to Braver, which sounds like an ass pull.

Braver sounds more cool than Vangaurd and its easy to say/type out.^^

blace
Oct 21, 2011, 12:23 PM
I can go either way with translations. As zombiemoshpit84 said, people frequent this place regularly, either form of the subject works.

Vanguard in a sense sounds better than Braver, but that's just my two cents.

d19xx
Oct 21, 2011, 02:14 PM
Let's just call them Bombermen.
Hu as noob class.
Ra as pew pew class.
Fo as wizard class...

Seriously, I prefer Vanguard. I mean we're all used in abbreviating it to Va. Though abbreviating Braver to Bra sounds nice though...

Coldbird
Oct 21, 2011, 03:22 PM
I'm playing with my Wonder-Bra.

Bad joke I know, I just had to pull it.

Either way, I could care less as I know what you guys are talking about, as long as I'm not getting confused on things who really cares?

The real problem isn't what we want but what we are going to do... we need to decide at some point else the translation will become inconsistent at a later stage.

Especially with big collaborations like on Table 5.

LEDAHGRIM
Oct 21, 2011, 04:40 PM
If that's the case, when the partial test translations are close to beign released
why not hold a poll??

If we just discuss opinions here this could get ugly like others said, so i think it's
better to let the people on the board who play and enjoy the game decide on wich
version they want.

That way it's going to be equal for everyone and there wont be arguments, just my
idea on a solution tough.

Masterflower
Oct 21, 2011, 05:54 PM
If that's the case, when the partial test translations are close to being released
why not hold a poll??

If we just discuss opinions here this could get ugly like others said, so i think it's
better to let the people on the board who play and enjoy the game decide on which
version they want.

That way it's going to be equal for everyone and there wont be arguments, just my
idea on a solution tough.

Yeah, I was thinking about this as well. Whatever the community chooses, we will go by that.

Coldbird
Oct 21, 2011, 06:13 PM
I suggest if thats your intention someone should start a poll NOW...

Give the poll a 1 month runtime... and by the time the month is over, I hope we will be able to insert a fully translated table 5, no?

MESeele
Oct 21, 2011, 06:37 PM
I forgot they could do polls on this site. Good idea.

kenma9123
Oct 21, 2011, 07:53 PM
What Coldbird said is true :D..

But anyways, it doesn't matter what kind of this and that. as long as it going to be translated in English that's fine with me.

LEDAHGRIM
Oct 21, 2011, 09:00 PM
I already made the poll, now its up to the community to decide what
they want of the translation, please go over to the poll and vote.

R.A.V.S.O
Oct 21, 2011, 09:05 PM
well in all-out honesty....

if A) the translation is based to "follow up" on the english PSP2, you'd want to keep Kraz & Vanguard.

if B) the translation is based to make an "accurate" JP translation, then you'd want to keep crouch & braver, also translate some items "as-is" to avoid non-existing terms and censorship (if any) the US/EUR PSP2 had....

ok in terms of difficulty, both are quite formidable.... but in my point of view B surpasses A.

Why?

well look at it this way.... if you go for A, you'd eventually have to vote over Kraz's/Crouch's name, same for vanguard etc.... but then again it's option A you're talking about so you'd
end up making up names for non-existent in the US items, (which would end up a bit ugly if you're not good pulling out decisions)
and some items would have ridiculously sounding names, etc....

option B, "Accurate translation" on the other hand, if you translate "as-is" you'd get to keep the names (of course with the fact that people would have to get used to the true names etc..) and same would go for weapons, real names and you save yourselves the time deciding every item's names.

why did I reach this conclusion?

well a long time ago.... (not really lol) a translation group decided to Translate MOTHER 3
into English

the patch was successful. but people had a huge rant over the the character Fassad/Yokuba
Yokuba = (Greedy. according to google translate)

the released patch contained the name Fassad, but eventually after a poll thy decided to release a v0.2 patch that altered the name over to Yokuba (because accordingly to the members they decided to keep it "as-is" so the patch got deemed as a "true english patch un-censored"

so yeah, best of luck, this is only advice XD

ZER0 DX
Oct 21, 2011, 09:06 PM
My personal opinion is to make it more familiar with players of the localized version of PSP2 in some regards. We can keep character names like the localized version had it. Using Kraz instead of Crouch. Meanwhile we should focus on fixing inconsistencies like Partner Machine randomly becoming Mysynth, and the changing of SEED to Seed.

Either way we take it works, but I'd like to create a balance of both official and accurate translations. It appeals to more people this way.

LEDAHGRIM
Oct 21, 2011, 09:14 PM
Yeah that would be good but in the end combining options A & B on some
points to make a "mixed" translation would put more workload and stress
over the translators. (i think)

That's why we were thinking obout having a poll so that they can concentrate
on one thing and make everything easier for them to workout.

Altough i do agre with both of your opinions but you know the saying:

"One cant have everything"

That's what my grandfather used to say to me hahahaha.

R.A.V.S.O
Oct 21, 2011, 09:14 PM
hmm you could also try mixing A and B....

Keep the US/EUR PSP2 names, and the ridiculously sounding names rename them over to
the true JP counterparts

worked like a charm in Mother 3 XD

LEDAHGRIM
Oct 21, 2011, 09:17 PM
Yeah now that you mention that i guess i'll have to contact a moderator to
edit the poll to include that option as well.

Who are the moderator here on PSO world??

R.A.V.S.O
Oct 21, 2011, 09:21 PM
I dunno... to be honest if people do not like the idea I don't wanna force it over.

btw... you guys don't mind if I say my opinions every now and then?
(I'm quite intrigued where this is going ;) )

LEDAHGRIM
Oct 21, 2011, 09:24 PM
Of course we dont and im sure the community in general doesnt as well,
after all different opinions and view points from people who are spectating
or not contributing to something are often the people who give the answers
or alternatives needed in order to improve something.

Like they say:

"Strangers can understand our problems better than ourselves"

DeviFoxx
Oct 21, 2011, 09:29 PM
Mike is the mod for this forum. Also:

Yeah that would be good but in the end combining options A & B on some
points to make a "mixed" translation would put more workload and stress
over the translators. (i think)

Precisely. Which is why I said:

I'll make it known though that If anyone else working on the Patch's text wants to change translations I've made to cater to the English Vanilla fanbase, then they can feel free to go right ahead and alter the text I've written as they see fit.

When I'm translating stuff, it really throws me off to not only translate it into English, but to have to frequently cross-reference the "official translation". But that's just my personality quirk I suppose. Like I said, if anyone wants to change names like "Crouch" to "Kraz", then feel free. I won't stop you.

I just leave the Japanese names as-is because I don't want to spend more time cross-referencing the changes SEGA of America / Europe has made to the Japanese version. Seriously, when I say that. I'm NOT trying to start any drama. I'm simply saying "I want to keep the translation moving--I don't have that kind of time." You guys want the patch out A.S.A.P., I want to wrap up translating A.S.A.P.

You guys wanna change Crouch to Kraz, Braver to Vanguard, PM to MySynth and all that--then go right ahead. It just takes more time for me [and other translators, I'd imagine] to proof-check that stuff rather than straight-up translating it, which is why I don't really want to do it. I'm not saying you guys can't do it yourselves, though.

I started my Infinity translation guide in Mid-June. We're near the end of October now, and I've just started on Chapter 4's storyline. I don't mind translating the game and helping out with the patch. But I just want to see to it that it gets done. I don't want to work on Translating / Proof-reading this Game forever. It feels I've spent more time writing about this game than actually playing it, so the sooner it gets done the better.

R.A.V.S.O
Oct 21, 2011, 09:47 PM
^ hmm hence why I said before... go for B....

a lot easier on the people doing the translations.... but oh well seems all I can do is watch this unfold.... best of luck. your translation your rules.

GUARDIANDNL
Oct 21, 2011, 10:07 PM
i vote for keep the translation to the jpn game...for me thats the official game...the option b seems pretty good for the tranlators to have some easier job, but i prefer that the patch keep the original names

Coldbird
Oct 22, 2011, 07:20 AM
My reasoning why to stay with the real japanese names is quite simple...
Sega crippled the US / EU versions, lets face the sad cruel truth...

It got censored, a lot of items removed / replaced / renamed / cut completely, and PSP2i simply is the game the way it should have been in the first place... before the whole licensing, crippling, cut-nonsense.

The only reason to stay with PSP2 US-vanilla names is because we want to fit in with the existing US / EU gamers... however, based from the PSP2 gameplay of killing and hunting items...

I'm sure even if we were to change the names to the official ones... people would get used to them within a matter of weeks.

natchu96
Oct 22, 2011, 07:48 AM
By the way, how do you get plugins it work?

I have PRO, but I've really only used it for ISO's so far, so I really have no idea. Does it take up any space?

Coldbird
Oct 22, 2011, 08:12 AM
Yes it does take up space, however not too much really.

If you got more than 5MB space left on your memory stick or internal flash (PSP Go) then you are already a happy camper.

For plugins just stick them in your seplugins folder and add a entry to your game.txt file.

natchu96
Oct 22, 2011, 08:44 AM
Yes it does take up space, however not too much really.

If you got more than 5MB space left on your memory stick or internal flash (PSP Go) then you are already a happy camper.

For plugins just stick them in your seplugins folder and add a entry to your game.txt file.

I'm gonna have to find myself some instructions . . .