PDA

View Full Version : GC: How do you connect?

Phoenix2000
Mar 18, 2003, 07:49 PM
Hey,
This probably will be moved to the tech section but I hope didn't get much help over there when I tried. I just wanted to know how you guys are connecting with a BBA on your gamecube. Right now I'm using a 50'Cat5 patch cable directly from my cable modem(motorola SB4200) to my gamecube BBA and it's not working at all for me. I can't get the darn thing to connect lots of 101 errors. If you guys could explain how you connect and how you went through the setup screen I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for any help.

IceBlink
Mar 18, 2003, 08:08 PM
Phone jack
|
| <-- phone wire
|
Router/gateway/ADSL modem in one
| |
| | <-- network cable (uncrossed)
| |
| |BBA (and Gamecube)
|
| <-- network cable (uncrossed)
|
computer

The setup depends on what provider you got. For mine, it's PPPoA, so I set it up with it auto-finding everything for me, since my gateway/router seems to contain all the login details for my ISP.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Mar 18, 2003, 08:14 PM
Try leaving all the gamecube settings as automatic. When you connect your gamecube to the modem with the 50 foot cable, try unplugging the power to the cable modem for 5 minutes. When you want to use your PC again, you'll have to power down the cable modem again.

Buying a router with a built in switch is convenient, since you won't have to power down.

Guntz348
Mar 18, 2003, 08:49 PM
DSL on a 2-port router. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Phoenix2000
Mar 18, 2003, 10:38 PM
Hey,
Well thanks for you help. I'll try it tonight. Please add any other suggestions. Thanks again.

Olorin
Mar 19, 2003, 12:16 PM
I just have a standard Cat-5 cable run from my GameCube, through a couple walls, downstairs to my router. And I have my router plugged into my GameCube, my computer, and my cable modem. It all works fine for me, I have had the line disconnect once but that's it.

PsychicTeeth
Mar 19, 2003, 06:57 PM
Have you tried a crossover cable, my GC wouldn't connect through my modem unless I used one of those. Supposedly you don't need a crossover cable in this case but it might be worth a try. What I mean is when I had the GC directly connected to the modem without any other equipment in the way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PsychicTeeth on 2003-03-19 15:58 ]</font>

s3rial_one
Mar 31, 2003, 01:00 PM
I'm having the same deal... supposedly you don't need a crossover cable, but my GCN won't connect unless I'm using one, even if it's plugged directly into the modem.