PDA

View Full Version : Item: I've always wondered this

MonoxideChild
Mar 18, 2003, 09:42 PM
How come all the item boxes after a boss fight contain crappy items?

That's all I've ever found in my DC PSO, V.2, EP1&2 days.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Mar 18, 2003, 09:53 PM
i found a diska of braveman from the sil dragon... how exciting

MonoxideChild
Mar 18, 2003, 09:59 PM
What a treasure </sarcasm>

Balorn
Mar 18, 2003, 10:03 PM
On 2003-03-18 18:42, MonoxideChild wrote:
How come all the item boxes after a boss fight contain crappy items?
That's all I've ever found in my DC PSO, V.2, EP1&2 days.

But once you get high enough level, you can't buy Monomates and Monofluids anymore! How else are we supposed to restock if we can't rely on getting at least two of each from the bosses on VH?!
^_-

The_Hero_Of_Time
Mar 18, 2003, 10:05 PM
nothing better than getting a monomate and/or a mono fluid after putting your life on the line

VulpesMundi
Mar 18, 2003, 10:36 PM
Believe it or not, you can randomly get Photon Drops from a few of the boxes each of the bosses leave behind (excluding Dark Falz and Olga Flow).

The_Hero_Of_Time
Mar 18, 2003, 10:38 PM
i got a guilty light from a box of the gol dragon

AzureBlaze
Mar 18, 2003, 11:18 PM
I used to ignore the boxes as well, thinking they were all junk, until I ran across a PD in one of them. That started my opening habit, and it was only reinforced after getting a mace of adaman 45% Native (the shorter force wand with the round gem in the end, which isn't too common) off the Gol Dragon's boxes.

Now I wonder why it is that nothing good ever comes out of DarkFallz or any of it's boxes?

VulpesMundi
Mar 19, 2003, 12:16 AM
On 2003-03-18 19:38, The_Hero_Of_Time wrote:
i got a guilty light from a box of the gol dragon

I'd bet money you actually got that off of the Gol Dragon itself. It probably just landed under a box and made it look like that's where it came from.

A common rule with boxes (especially boss boxes in E1&2) is that you cannot find anything really rare from them. For the most part, you can't even find special items, though there are exceptions. You cannot find any special items (not including Photon Drops) from boxes left behind by the Dragon, Vol Opt, Dark Falz, Barba Ray, Gal Gryphon, and Olga Flow. Something weird about the boxes at De Rol Le and the Gol Dragon make them drop completely random items spawning from the tables of Mine 1 and the Central Control Area respectively. This actually makes it possible for them to drop certain common 9-star specials (ie. Kaladbolg, Custom Ray ver.OO, and Mace of Adaman), as well as two section ID specific 9-star weapons and a barrier and amplifier. Weird trivia for you.