PDA

View Full Version : What's a good laptop to play PSO2 on x)

Noel Vermillion
Oct 29, 2011, 07:52 AM
Hai!

Need some help cause I am not good with computa :) (Well Im good at installing stuff and other nefarious deeds but idk how they work...)

when PSO2 comes out, what kind of laptop would be good to play it on? :) looking for any recommendations really :] I want it looking good as possible but im not spending like $3000 okay :P

ty!! <3

Akaimizu
Oct 31, 2011, 01:29 PM
I'd be shocked if you ever found the ability to pay $3000 for any laptop OR desktop.
In general, as it has been for a while, most laptops with dedicated video cards immediately command prices around $1000. (Very close to it, or above) If it is less, then it's generally the integrated cards.

I wish I could also tell you better, because it's kind of tough to tell how much resources a game will take until you test said game on the hardware. For instance, a lot of folks with laptops capable of playing Crisis 1 and 2, Starcraft 2, Might and Magic Heroes 6, the latest Civilization, ANY valve game, and the up-n-coming Diablo 3 comfortably with medium settings, may still chug trying to play through Magicka at all (a game with far less graphical stuff than any in that list). It would at least be good enough to play PSO Blue Burst decently, even in the mines. So yeah, the hardware demands *greatly* vary by developer. There's just people better at programming efficient code than others, and those are the breaks.

That's the biggest problem at recommending a laptop right now, because without knowing how the PSO2 code will run on them, you can't guess it prematurely. Unlike where you have a developer utilizing tested code and you can easily guess what will run it based on what is released, and their known programming engines. One could easily say that those with Nvidia 320M or better cards will have no problem playing Diablo III due to Blizzard's use of certain engines to develop it one can often gauge Diablo III system use based off of Starcraft 2 performance, but for PSO2, who knows?

Noel Vermillion
Nov 1, 2011, 08:14 AM
Oh right :] so I should just wait until the game is out?

Akaimizu
Nov 2, 2011, 12:49 PM
At least the full japanese version. You know when that drops, some will have said game and be able to mention how it handles.