PDA

View Full Version : A serious question about video editing

Jenni Porshakin
Nov 19, 2011, 06:05 PM
Well I have a few months (recovering from an injury, more on that later...) of time to rest up at home. I'd like to ask anyone else there who dabbles or is very good at video, which programs do you recommend?

I've had Adobe After Effects for the longest time but never got into it. An academic version (staying legal!). Tons of free tutorials from the web I've downloaded. So np in the tutorial area.

I like Corel Video Studio X1/X2/X3 and have used them extensively.

A 'friend' loaned me their Vegas license and I tried out Vegas 9 a bit.

Long before Ulead dropped it, I was using their latest version of their video editing software (purchased by Corel actually).

So I know my way around the VE arena, terms and how to use.

Just want your opinion on which software to use, finding tutorials for it, etc, etc.

Thanks!!

AzureBlaze
Nov 19, 2011, 10:40 PM
I have Vegas non-pro.
If you want to edit video on a really bought by you software, I think it's the way to go. Because the non pro version is like 80 bucks and that's extremely buy-able in my opinion.

I don't actually know the difference between why is Vegas regular 80 bucks and pro like 800 bucks. I've never been using it and found some hidden restritction that said "oh you have to buy pro for that...." Regular seems to do anything anyone would want. (so why spend more?)

There are youtube tutorials on it, and the versions are kind of similar. So even if the tut isn't for your ver it won't always matter a whole lot if the concept is the same. Plus, it's drag & drop, you can do stopmo with it, and it doesn't crash...ever. (that I've seen)

I havn't ever used any other video editing software though, so I don't know how well you'd get along with it.

Jenni Porshakin
Nov 19, 2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the reply. Helpful info. I do remember bookmarking a ton of great tutorials on Vegas. Many, many on teh youtubes.

SpikeOtacon
Nov 20, 2011, 12:21 AM
I'll second Vegas, great editing suite and plenty of help online to guide you on the few less easy to navigate parts of the program.