PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here still play Brawl D=

Ark22
Nov 20, 2011, 03:52 PM
I want to play it but - are full of jerks xD. Sooooooo anyone wanna play :P?

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 20, 2011, 04:41 PM
i play it all the time..... offline, the online is way too laggy which is a problem in a game that has a lot to do with quickly reacting

Mr. Mid-Boss
Nov 20, 2011, 04:44 PM
I used to play online, but I don't know how well my internet would work with it now so I usually stick to offline. But hey, I wouldn't mind trying it out.

Brawl's awesome.

Randomness
Nov 20, 2011, 06:10 PM
My only gripe with Brawl is that you can't turn off tripping. It's really annoying.

Mr. Mid-Boss
Nov 20, 2011, 06:15 PM
Yeah, that is a problem. I don't really seem to trip that often so it doesn't bother me as much, but I can definitely see how it could get annoying.

Kent
Nov 20, 2011, 06:18 PM
Online? I'd be surprised if anyone still played it, due to the atrocious netcoding and, of course, Nintendo's no-fun-allowed approach to online gaming.

Offline, I'm sure plenty of people still play it, considering that it's the best game of its series and all.

Rashiid
Nov 20, 2011, 07:33 PM
I play on campus, but as people said, never online. Lag is crazy. Tripping amuses me. This is a party game, not sure why people try to make it so pro ._.

NoiseHERO
Nov 20, 2011, 07:50 PM
I sold mine, the only thing I really miss...

Is sonic...

They killed all my melee mains anyway. ]:

Randomness
Nov 20, 2011, 09:11 PM
Yeah, that is a problem. I don't really seem to trip that often so it doesn't bother me as much, but I can definitely see how it could get annoying.

Basically, my brother has the best luck. He never trips, and I trip 20% of the time I try to smash him. Or it feels like that at least.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 20, 2011, 09:53 PM
I sold mine, the only thing I really miss...

Is sonic...

They killed all my melee mains anyway. ]:

what do you mean? the only characters they dropped were Pichu Roy and Mewtwo (i guess doctor mario too but he was way too close to the speed and power of mario to be his own character)

Rashiid
Nov 20, 2011, 10:23 PM
They edited any "clones" as well such as Ganondorf and Falco. And by killed I'm sure he means nerfed as well. I dunno, I like Brawl mechanics better. Sure you can combo in Melee but it's not a fighting game. Not sure why people try to turn it into that. I hate playing with no items now. So boring.

NoiseHERO
Nov 21, 2011, 01:22 AM
My mains were roy and young link. ]:

Ike, marth, link and toon link just don't cut it for me.

Even a simple skin would've been fine.(Not that lame texture hack crap) D:

Kent
Nov 21, 2011, 03:04 AM
Toon Link is overpowered. Though, I'm pretty sure it's actually because of the purple tunic.

AzureAsh
Nov 21, 2011, 03:15 AM
I used to play brawl with my friends and host matches using my wired LAN adapter, usually it'd be two friends and me and my brother. I did this for a year every thursday night, it'd be brawl night. :P This was back in late 2009-2010

I didn't ever have any lag problems or desyncs with my friends, of course I had lag problems every now and again online.

Orange_Coconut
Nov 21, 2011, 03:55 AM
Gosh, I haven't played brawl for a long time. For Brawl I usually played either Diddy Kong or Ness. I really didn't mind most of the player roster though, to be honest, and often would just select random.

As for the item debate, I enjoy playing with them on or off, it really doesn't matter as long as it gets changed up every once in a while. I almost always turned off Smashballs unless I was futzing around or unless one of my friends enjoyed playing with them, though. Actually, I usually turned off quite a few items, but luckily Brawl had a huge item pool so there was still plenty to work with.

Online play, though, was a horrendous experience for me. And unlike Krigo, I had crap luck getting games to work and, if I got them to work I often had an issue with delay and lag and whatnot--it was not pleasant. I'd like to see what they do for their next Smash title, but since this current/past generation was my last console generation I guess I'll have to watch from the sidelines if and when it comes out.

Outrider
Nov 21, 2011, 01:57 PM
Man, I would love to play Brawl again. I haven't played it in years.

yoshiblue
Nov 21, 2011, 02:09 PM
I guess I could try to play. Every time I try to play with Ark, we don't communicate enough for it to work.

Let me know if you wish to play online.

Ark22
Nov 21, 2011, 05:53 PM
^oh yeah you were that guy. Sorry man. college is not easy on my time schedule.

bns1991
Nov 21, 2011, 06:38 PM
I was listening to the main theme to this game the other day, and I really want to get into it again. I usually played luigi and samus. I wanna practice so that I can get back up to speed for whenever they release the next game.

yoshiblue
Nov 22, 2011, 10:22 AM
No worrys man. Eventually!

Ark22
Nov 23, 2011, 02:21 PM
12/06/2011 is when my classes get out and I am free FOR A WHHOOLLE MONTH!

AzureAsh
Nov 23, 2011, 03:03 PM
Keep in mind, what I forgot to mention in my post with me playing online with friends is that we all lived pretty close to each other with 10-25 minute walking distance between all of us.