PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 How do I beat Mother Brain?

HikariAngel
Nov 20, 2011, 11:33 PM
Hey. I'm having some trouble dealing with Mother Brain in Story Mode. My current character is a level 38 RAcaseal. At the moment I have the best possible gear I can get via vendors, passwords and drops without going online to do special missions. Yet, most of my attacks do about 20 damage and below, and i'm simply receiving too much incoming damage for my stock of items to last very long. What should I do?

Sinue_v2
Nov 20, 2011, 11:52 PM
Huh, I never really had much of a problem dealing with her, as she's far less of a threat than she was on the PC/PS2 version.

My first character was also a female cast ranger, so I had similar circumstances of not having the benefit of advanced weaponry and armor going into it. All I did was equip a good Lightning Armor and a pair of twin handguns with good Ground %'s. Don't worry about the arms, and just focus on staying close and attacking her head. With the Twin Handgun PA animation, the jump back should put your bullets right in her forehead where she's weaker. Make sure you have the Full-Charge Shot Type Customization option on and a Power boosting PA. To use it, just hold down the triangle button till you see/hear the power-up cues, then release. This should boost your damage output substantially. Twin handguns (and two-handed weapons in general, except for Rods) allow you to block by holding down the R Trigger, so you can use that to nearly negate most of her attacks. Just make sure you don't exhaust your PP points completely in case you need to use it. She makes large sweeping animations before using one, so you should be able to see them coming a mile away. Also, you should know how to dodge at this point. This can help greatly as well, but I wouldn't rely on it unless you have PP Escape Save equipped. (reduces dodging PA cost by 40%)

Perhaps a bit better of a strategy, if you're having trouble doing damage, is to equip a pair of lightning handguns to build a chain, then switch to a ground type grenade launcher that can take advantage of the multiple hit-boxes to do far more damage. Rifles also have a good amount of splash damage when charged. You may also want to build chains with a pair of twin daggers since normal attacks with those don't eat into your PP the way ranged weapons do, and can even replenish PP if you're good at pulling off Just Attacks.

Good luck.

Alisha
Nov 21, 2011, 01:08 AM
just put the guns down and melee :(

HikariAngel
Nov 21, 2011, 02:06 AM
Hm, well i've got a high end saber and shield, I could try that. I'm sure I could also scratch up a pair of decent handguns as well. Thanks for the advice.

Noblewine
Nov 21, 2011, 01:12 PM
A Freeze/Resist and Stun/Resist will probably help. Carry Sol Atomizer incase mother brain uses Jellen. Mother Brain doesn't use her barrier as much as she did in Universe so chaining on her head is a little easier. If you do want to stop her from using the barrier skill just take out her hands by chaining.