PDA

View Full Version : FO's... how do you do it?

_Zero_
Mar 19, 2003, 01:19 PM
I started a new FO character and I am up to level 30. I have never played as a FO but I am loving it. One question though... how do you keep from being broke? I am constantly broke cuz I am buying fluids like crazy.

EvilNixon666
Mar 19, 2003, 01:22 PM
Collect valuable items (or every item) and make frequent trips to sell them all. If you are playing in hard-very hard (and later ultimate), this is much more profitable.

_Zero_
Mar 19, 2003, 01:24 PM
Well that is what I have been doing. SO MANY trips back to the city all the time. I have noticed that leveling up is a lot faster. I have gotten my character up to 30 in 3 days.

EvilNixon666
Mar 19, 2003, 01:32 PM
Yeah, it's a pain, but eventually you will make tons of cash in more difficult modes.

And I believe it's much easier to level in this version than in the dreamcast one. I seem to recall it being around 100,000 points to level my guy past 100, while in this version it was around 80,000.

VulpesMundi
Mar 19, 2003, 01:58 PM
I've never had money problems, myself. Early on in the game I not only collected crap items to sell, but instead of using fluids all the time I'd just take advantage of the trip back to Pioneer 2 to sell all that crap and use the medical room. At ten Meseta a pop, those guys are getting ripped off (not that we mind). Though they steal all our pocket change nowadays whenever they have to rescue us. Talk about hypocrites. Whatever happened to good will towards others? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

And as for leveling, it actually takes more total experience to reach level 100 than it did on the DC/PC (though the level itself requires less, and to reach level 200 isn't anywhere as high as it was before). The difference is that this version is just a whole lot easier to play especially as a force. They kick some serious ass. Not that all classes can't, but those multi-hit spells can make an extreme mockery of just about any group of critters.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 19, 2003, 02:27 PM
My Hunny and Ramarl currently fuel my Fonewearl's fluid addiction.

She's been through a 12 step program at the local Fluidaholic Anonymous and had been prescribed a Psychowand to help combat the craving.

Klakalou
Mar 19, 2003, 03:00 PM
i love my fo, i am a fomar named moses btw, they are the most essiential to a team, and they ALWAYS hit all the enemies so they level quickest. my gifioe does 700dmg offline forest ult and 500 online. i seen fonewmans do 500 from rafioe, and that is insane!

Sick-One
Mar 19, 2003, 03:35 PM
My FOmar melees more than he uses spells, though he has been known to bust out a gifoie/gizonde/rabarta from time to time o_O. Most of my TP goes to S/D/J/Z so I really haven't had money shortages, though a melee FO isn't for everyone.

Sedyne
Mar 19, 2003, 03:50 PM
On 2003-03-19 10:19, _Zero_ wrote:
I started a new FO character and I am up to level 30. I have never played as a FO but I am loving it. One question though... how do you keep from being broke? I am constantly broke cuz I am buying fluids like crazy.

Don't buy fluids, pick up everythng and sell everything and take 10 dollars to go refill your TP at the nurse. In very-hard money starts to rack up like crazy if you just pick up and sell everything in your path, focus mostly on items such as shields and armors and wepaons. not slotted items they stink. but the other stuff is about 2000-4000 meseta per.

Kupi
Mar 19, 2003, 03:56 PM
Another thing that a beginning FO should do is play through all the quests. The later ones can be worth something like 5000-9000 Meseta apiece at the end... well worth the effort of completing them. Not to mention that you get the experience and items along the way as well.

Mystil
Mar 19, 2003, 04:38 PM
On 2003-03-19 10:32, EvilNixon666 wrote:
Yeah, it's a pain, but eventually you will make tons of cash in more difficult modes.

And I believe it's much easier to level in this version than in the dreamcast one. I seem to recall it being around 100,000 points to level my guy past 100, while in this version it was around 80,000.

92,000 to go from 99 to 100.

malinko
Mar 19, 2003, 04:50 PM
Sell all the armor you find. Your bank will start to overflow if you sell every time you get a full inventory of armor.

Reenee
Mar 19, 2003, 04:51 PM
Silhouette: No, the person was right: it takes a little over 100,000 to get to 100 on DC.

The common mistake that I see everyone do here is just say, "Break out the occasional yadda-yadda."

I don't know about them, but I actually take the time to match the right element to the right enemy. It gets vital to know this in Hard Mode and later as just tossing out any old spell will end up to be a waste of TP.

Learn what spell goes well with the enemy. Try to know the advantages of some spells: as silly as it sounds, I almost replace Gibarta with Barta in the Ruins against La Dimenians and Delsabers. In Normal Mode, Barta hits enemies in a line anyways, and it's slightly behind Gibarta in terms of power. What really sucks though is that Gifoie is a wee bit too weak in there (for the hordes of Dimenians and Claws) and even if you get it at a decent level (like 3), it still takes a while, even for a FOmar.

This advice goes along with what everyone else has said. Pick up all the items you can get (ignore mostly useless stuff like Units with minues and Trap Visions) and sell them off.

sharkie-do
Mar 19, 2003, 04:52 PM
*edit by abdur*
That was pointless, don't do it. =|

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-03-19 17:57 ]</font>

Ghaleon
Mar 19, 2003, 08:46 PM
start meleeing or get money from higher charactor

Vitamin_D
Mar 19, 2003, 09:57 PM
If you have other characters...put your FO on the "scholarship" program. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Just dump a whole lot of money on your FO that your other characters aren't using. Or, like everyone else said pick up everything, sell it, go see the nurse.

EX-731
Mar 20, 2003, 09:07 AM
I have 4 Fo's i play. (one of each) My Hucast is the go to money man, at least until they hit Hard Ruins, or VH, then they become selfsafishent. I equip each force with only what they NEED to survie, that way i can hall a ton of loot back each run.(ie, they don't carry 3 barriers and 3 wands everywere they go, until they are loaded with cash, and i can affored to carry back less loot each run.) Make liberal use of the nurse, and here a tip i've yet to hear anyone mention yet...

Learn to round up all the monster in the room into a nice little group, and use a ra type spell on all of them at once. I know in the ruins and mines i do this alot, run around like a crazy person, get everyone to follow me, turn and attack everyone at once, in one large group, then i can save some TP buy not dealing with a bounch of smaller groups instead. True some monsters won't be hurt as much by rafoe as razone or what not, but once your finished of one kind of monster in the group, switch spells, and finish the rest. They'll be weakened from your rafoie, so you may save a cast or two of razone finishing off the straglers... (I've probebly made this sound more confusing that it really is... i have a talent for that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif) That's my 2 cents...

EX-731

Alena Zouryx
Mar 20, 2003, 11:01 AM
Being a level 132 FOmarl myself, I've also had my fair share of being broke. >_<

I've found that the best way to earn money and not spend it so quickly is this:

1:Try to use Difluids more than Trifluids

2:If you're raising a mag, wait untill you have more cash

3:Pick up all ??? Weapons and All Armor (armor sells quite high)

4:Keep your inventory open for more money-making item pick-ups by not carrying Antidotes and Sols, which Anti can replace

It's not really that hard to keep a good cash flow. Just limit what you spend and increase what you sell.

Yoda86
Mar 20, 2003, 11:22 AM
If you can get to Very Hard Mines, and hold only about 12 items and go in there, you can fill up on barriers and armors and come out with about 30,000 meseta after you sell it all. Rinse and repeat http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Morfos
Mar 20, 2003, 11:32 AM
Pick up all weapons/armors/sheilds/frames that drop on the ground then sell them.