PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Did Psp2 get pulled from PSN store?

Isoya
Dec 6, 2011, 08:29 PM
I actually traded in my psp2 game, so I can download it from the network (since the lag was killing me before) but I can't seem to find it in the psn store.
It was gone, simply gone.
What's going on? Or is it just me?

Nilkemios
Dec 6, 2011, 10:23 PM
I can't find it either. I even did a search for its name and the closest I got was a demo for the first Phantasy Star Portable. Not a good sign. Well, as long as you get it back you should be fine, since you already used the Little Wing license right? At least I hope.

Do you use data install? I find that helps quite a bit.

Rakukojin
Dec 6, 2011, 10:56 PM
I just checked as well, and apparently it has been pulled, though it's still sitting in my download list, so it can still be downloaded by people who have purchased it, but not up for any new purchases.

EvilMag
Dec 6, 2011, 11:00 PM
Checked as well. It's gone.

Damn... I was planning on redownloading it cause I kinda miss Vanilla.

Oh well, I can just torrent.

Scale of Judgment
Dec 6, 2011, 11:07 PM
Confirming it not present in the PSN store. It is either. It may be of the following reasons.
- I has not done well as a download
- It is abused among accounts
- They are combining it for Defender's Pack
- LoL, infinity replacing it

blace
Dec 7, 2011, 12:05 AM
From what I know, games downloaded from PSN can't be abused like its PS3 counterparts with its multiple user functionality. It was probably pulled, due to the LWL having not been in use since the day the game was released.

The other option to deal with the lag is to pull the ISO out of the UMD if you can find it, or look it up on some foreign site. Not that I'm condoning such a thing, as those places are usually filled with unsavory characteristics.

Anon_Fire
Dec 7, 2011, 12:19 AM
Why don't you ask Edward@SEGA or Clumsyorchid why PSP2 was pulled from PlayStation Store

raijz
Dec 7, 2011, 04:13 AM
Confirming it not present in the PSN store. It is either. It may be of the following reasons.
- I has not done well as a download
- It is abused among accounts
- They are combining it for Defender's Pack
- LoL, infinity replacing it

I heard the Defender's Pack got canceled or something of the sorts.

Fox2Tails
Dec 7, 2011, 11:25 AM
Hahaha. Sucks to a be a yank. PAL PSN still has it up

Rakukojin
Dec 7, 2011, 01:23 PM
I'll just repeat something: For those who have already purchased it, it should still be in your PSN library for redownload, as it was for me.

blace
Dec 7, 2011, 01:32 PM
I'll just repeat something: For those who have already purchased it, it should still be in your PSN library for redownload, as it was for me.

I actually traded in my psp2 game, so I can download it from the network (since the lag was killing me before) but I can't seem to find it in the psn store.
It was gone, simply gone.
What's going on? Or is it just me?

That's the problem, mostly anyway and you already that.

Rakukojin
Dec 7, 2011, 01:38 PM
That's the problem, mostly anyway and you already that.

I'm aware. I guess I should have clarified that post was more directed at EvilMag.

EvilMag
Dec 7, 2011, 03:14 PM
I'm aware. I guess I should have clarified that post was more directed at EvilMag.

I checked and it's not there. :(

blace
Dec 7, 2011, 03:22 PM
I checked and it's not there. :(
Did you check under Account Management from the XMB?

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee149/13lace/pic_0005-1.jpg

EvilMag
Dec 7, 2011, 03:26 PM
Let me check.

Scale of Judgment
Dec 7, 2011, 03:49 PM
As stated. Those who already have the PSoP2 purchased can download it from the site. However if you have not purchased it. It is not available to be purchased at the PSN Store.

Fox2Tails
Dec 7, 2011, 06:09 PM
For you maybe

Link1275
Dec 7, 2011, 06:42 PM
Well, I guess the only thing for for it now is to buy a UMD copy and make an ISO and run it on CFW, or deal with the UMD's retarded slow disc reading speed.

Drinkbeer87
Dec 8, 2011, 02:00 AM
Just went and bought a psp go to dl the game cause I knew it was on there before for $15 and now it got pulled? Wtf, waste of $220 anyone have any idea when infinity is gonna be released in U.S?

blace
Dec 8, 2011, 02:14 AM
If you looked at previous threads, locked or otherwise, there is no intention of releasing the game out here.

And PSP Go sucks, should return it in favor of the 3000 model.

Isoya
Dec 8, 2011, 02:18 AM
Now I'm sad. :<
The game is actually really hard to come by...
I wanted to play with everyone as soon as my exams were over...

blace
Dec 8, 2011, 04:09 AM
I sometimes see the game at GameStop, there's four locations here and only one of them has the game in stock.

The only option I can think of at the moment would be to run CFW on your PSP and get an ISO somewhere, if you're really looking to play it. As I said before, wouldn't recommend it since most sites that have the ISO will attempt some kind of adware.

joe21mar
Dec 8, 2011, 05:54 AM
Check/find the icon with "20" on it.. that means top 20 games

i think PSP2i is there.. prolly between top 10-20...

blace
Dec 8, 2011, 05:59 AM
Check/find the icon with "20" on it.. that means top 20 games

i think PSP2i is there.. prolly between top 10-20...
You're looking at the wrong region.

Drinkbeer87
Dec 8, 2011, 12:44 PM
I like the psp go cause I have about 20 ps one games on my account and they should all fit on the psp go. But I will admit I prefer the 3000 but I didn't wanna pay an absurd amount for psp2 cause I know the umd is hard to find and very expensive

blace
Dec 8, 2011, 01:03 PM
There's that and when the game was still up it still cost the same $40 as when it was first released. If you can find it new, you're looking at around $15-$20, used at around $10, which is to say, the better deal comes with having to deal with the load times.

Crazyleo
Dec 8, 2011, 03:11 PM
Just prior to the title being taking off, PSP:2 was selling for $14.99. Thankfully, if I wanted to play this game (which I won't sad to say), I can still download it.

Masterflower
Dec 8, 2011, 03:27 PM
Hey Hey Hey, I love my PSPgo thank you very much! lol Anyways that sucks it got pulled from the store. Guess Sega really doesnt want anything to do with the PSP at this point. This annoys me greatly as Sega is a lost cause to me at this point. Not even PSO2 will save them.

Drinkbeer87
Dec 8, 2011, 04:37 PM
Yea i knew it dropped to $14.99 just wish i knew they pulled it before getting the psp go I'll probably just trade to someone for the 3000 I'll throw all my games on it to get some more cash from it. I just don't see why they would pull the game

CosmoClock21
Dec 21, 2011, 03:47 PM
I sent a message to Sega support asking about the status of PSP2 and got this response.

------------------------------------
Evan, Dec-21 11:55 (PST):

Hi,

The removal of Phantasy Star items from the PSN is unintentional and they should be back up soon. There have been no announcements made regarding the status of Phantasy Star Portable 2 and I can not re-direct you to anyone else.

Best Regards,

Evan
SEGA Customer Support
---------------------------------------

Just thought people would like to know that it would seem that it hasn't been pulled due to corporate motive, but rather a mistake.

Noblewine
Dec 21, 2011, 09:31 PM
As long as its just a mistake I hope they put it back. The game is scarce enough so downloading it will probably save a few bucks.

NicorTheDuke
Dec 26, 2011, 01:36 AM
I bought one of the last two copies here in my city for my friend,so i beilieve i saved one from the gamestop slave trade(What they did with the orignal xbox games once the suk kok360 ame along)

Fayorei
Dec 26, 2011, 08:25 PM
Woohoo, thanks Cosmo! I am still planning on getting a digital version of this since I'll have a Vita eventually. I'm also kinda sick of the palette swap load times right now on my PSP2 UMD.

I also need to get the digital version of Infinity, but since JP PSN cards cost one arm+one leg that's gonna have to wait.

Sara-hime
Dec 27, 2011, 05:25 PM
Now I'm sad. :<
The game is actually really hard to come by...
I wanted to play with everyone as soon as my exams were over...

This! And I was hoping to have a little celebration for after your exams too! :(
Hope it's up soon! That's a huge mistake to make if I ever heard one!

I also need to get the digital version of Infinity, but since JP PSN cards cost one arm+one leg that's gonna have to wait.

I want to get the PSN Infinity too! You can blame the weak dollar and the state of the economy for the suddenly expensive PSN card prices. Play-Asia has ¥5000 cards but they cost close to $80+! Not to mention there's a few DLC items I wouldn't mind getting too! *sigh*
I'm in no rush as I still have to competently finish A level missions. I can't even touch S level right now! ^_^;

Artbox
Dec 28, 2011, 10:36 AM
Hope PSOI will be put back to psn soon, just got a vita and would love to download PSOI onto it, only to realise its gone. Even the DLC items are gone...

Guess I just have to wait... sigh

Mike
Dec 28, 2011, 07:41 PM
Hope PSOI will be put back to psn soon, just got a vita and would love to download PSOI onto it, only to realise its gone. Even the DLC items are gone...

Guess I just have to wait... sigh

Infinity hasn't been removed from the PSN Store. It's just doesn't work with the Vita.

Miki~
Dec 28, 2011, 07:51 PM
Infinity hasn't been removed from the PSN Store. It's just doesn't work with the Vita.

No? well theres one more reason for me not to get a vita. I'm not quite ready to give up infinity yet. Though even if I got one, I probably wouldnt necessarily have to give up my psp but still.

Sara-hime
Dec 28, 2011, 08:19 PM
It really doesn't work with the Vita? Hmm, if that's the case, I might have to track down a much more reasonably priced UMD version after all! No big deal as I was going to keep my PSP(s) for UMDs anyway!

Artbox
Dec 29, 2011, 07:52 AM
Infinity is in PSN? I cannot seem to find it, can anyone tell me what japanese character it is catagorized in? I have gone though the entire lists of PSP games in the Vita several times and cannot find it.
Thanks much!!!

Akaimizu
Dec 29, 2011, 08:06 AM
That's really surprising. I guess it's in that small percentage of games that aren't compatible with the Vita. Hopefully, future updates that increase compatibility will include this. This was a huge seller in Japan, I think they'll put the effort for one of their big franchises. The bad thing about Vita is the new harsh way of making it very difficult to switch accounts on it. They definitely are making things in such a way you'd definitely want to keep a PSP around. (Which makes that 2-machine activation limit feel very obstructive.)

blace
Dec 29, 2011, 10:09 AM
I have gone though the entire lists of PSP games in the Vita several times and cannot find it.

Infinity hasn't been removed from the PSN Store. It just doesn't work with the Vita.

Should really take the time to read it.

blazingsonic
Dec 29, 2011, 11:05 PM
Hey Hey Hey, I love my PSPgo thank you very much! lol Anyways that sucks it got pulled from the store. Guess Sega really doesnt want anything to do with the PSP at this point. This annoys me greatly as Sega is a lost cause to me at this point. Not even PSO2 will save them.

I'm in the same boat, Sega of Japan is really greedy with this game, I have moved on to other games like Saints Row the Third and DC Universe, I think Ragnorok has a game coming to PS Vita, well as far as getting my PSO style fix goes, I have White Knight I need to finish so I can move on to White Knight 2 and I haven't touched Monster Hunter Tri, I'm sure a PSO clone that does it better will surface.