PDA

View Full Version : PS Zero Multiplayer

eXigent
Dec 9, 2011, 02:30 PM
I have been contemplating to buy this game. I have a few questions that can make or break my purchase. How does online multiplayer work? Do you search for games to join? What is the current population of the multiplayer base? Thanks in advance.

Eclipse5632
Dec 9, 2011, 03:12 PM
You have two options for multiplayer:

1: Play with people you know
Either you play with them in the same room via wireless, or you both add each other's friend code and meet up over Nintendo WFC. One person starts a room and up to three other people can join. There's a small group of people still playing on this site (maybe, 10-15 regulars?)

2: Play with randoms
You can specify what difficulty/areas you're okay with playing, and it will match you up with other people who are also searching for games. I haven't spent much time in this mode, but especially these days it can be hard to find someone to play with. Expect to spend upwards of 10 minutes waiting for someone. In this mode, you're limited to using preset phrases to communicate.

If you do get the game and start playing, I would suggest looking at the Phantasy Star Zero Revival group (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=340), since that's where most of the active players seem to be.

DoctorShanks
Dec 9, 2011, 03:25 PM
Friend codes Friend codes Friend codes

It's basically what Eclipse says. You can play wirelessly with your real life friends, or you can play over nintendo WFC (WEP required) with your friends or with people online on sites such as this. You can only play with people who you've added and who have added you back. You can create a room and 3 others can join it, or youn can join someone elses group and play with some people that they have on their roster, but don't appear on yours.

The other option is Freeplay mode. Play this when nobody else is online, because the Freeplayers are often... uhh unreliable. This mode is mostly filled with total noobs now, and it's hard to find cooperative people in this mode.

Not to be discouraging, but this game only has a finite amount of fun, and in my personal opinion, this game is already "out of style" and on top of that, PSO2 is coming out soon. PSZ doesn't get content updates, and the online is frustrating at times. It's a fun game though, I guess you might want to look at some screenshots and videos before making the decision.

eXigent
Dec 9, 2011, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the reply. I was lurking and I started to get the feeling you could only play online if you had friend codes, but your number 2 cleared that up for me. I may look into getting this game because I was a big PSO fan from dreamcast, but not so much Universe.

DoctorShanks
Dec 9, 2011, 03:27 PM
In response to your second post, this game is alot like PSO. It you were a fan of PSO, you will definetly be a fan of this game. Just make sure ALL of your buttons work properly, and your touch screen is accurate. There is no soft keyboard; you talk through writing.

eXigent
Dec 9, 2011, 03:28 PM
Never knew about PSO 2. Looks like it is only going to be for pc? To your above post: I have a brand new 3ds so I should be okay. Never owned a DS

Eclipse5632
Dec 9, 2011, 03:40 PM
The only problem I can think of with using a 3DS is that you can press R+Start to go straight to the equip menu for quick weapon changing, but it's kind of hard to do that button combination on a 3DS because of where the Start button is.

eXigent
Dec 9, 2011, 03:44 PM
Well thanks for the input. I am considering buying this game after watching youtube videos and your guys' comments. One last question is if it is possible to play through the game fully on the hardest difficulty without having to go online for help.

Sp-24
Dec 9, 2011, 04:21 PM
You can't exactly get help online - online and offline quests are separate, and Eternal Tower is an offline-exclusive hell area. But it is possible to beat the entire game alone, although some characters have it easier than others.

Norco
Dec 9, 2011, 04:48 PM
I finished the game on normal before going online. Offline is awesome until you run out of quests and plot.. either during doing the plot or after, multiplayer is highly recommended. Multiplayer is truly where this game shines, just like good ol' PSO.

eXigent
Dec 9, 2011, 05:39 PM
Is there more difficulties online than off? I guess my main question is... is there any item you cant get offline, but you can online and vice versa, or are you able to get any item whether you are playing offline/online.

Norco
Dec 9, 2011, 05:46 PM
On both offline and online there are Normal, Hard and Super Hard. I am pretty sure you can get all items offline however you do need to go online in order to get all titles.

DoctorShanks
Dec 9, 2011, 08:16 PM
You can get all the items offline, but the drop rate is increased if you play online. The enemies are much harder to kill online, and some characters can't do it alone.

Rangers = HARD MODE
Hunters = Normal mode
Forces = This game is a little too easy.

Nick O'Demus
Dec 10, 2011, 01:46 AM
On both offline and online there are Normal, Hard and Super Hard. I am pretty sure you can get all items offline however you do need to go online in order to get all titles.

What they said. There are 4-6 titles you'll have to either get online with Wifi or at least DS wireless play to obtain:

#1 - "Team Member": Play in multiplayer mode. Connect with someone else and you've got it. That's all.
#2 - "Commentator": Chat 100 times. Just put something in the chat-box and hit 'send' over and over. You can do this in about 2 minutes.
#3 - "Mag Trader": Trade a Mag. Just use a newly bought or Paru Mag. Send it to someone else, then have them send it right back, and you're done.
#4 - "Chain Hero": Reach 25+ in a single chain. Technically possible to do offline, but very difficult since your NPC's don't coordinate very well. Much easier with an actual group.
#5 - "Chain Master": Reach 50+ in a single chain. Same as "Chain Hero", but virtually impossible to do offline.
#6 - "Completionist": Complete all 99 other Titles. You'll have to get the other titles listed here (plus all the rest) to get this.

eXigent
Dec 15, 2011, 02:33 AM
Alright thanks for all the input guys. Also thank you Dr. Shanks for telling me to reset my game to factory settings because I didn't know you received items from getting titles.

Nymeria
Dec 15, 2011, 12:05 PM
Hi there! I found out that I'm getting this game for Christmas, and if you're not really far ahead by that point with one of your characters maybe we can try to online play through some of the early levels. :3

chibipocky15
Dec 19, 2011, 09:35 PM
hy guys its me ;3
ima be on more promise... i just hope other people will be on more TT^TT
and I'd be willing to play witcha ^-^

Nymeria
Dec 20, 2011, 10:23 AM
hy guys its me ;3
ima be on more promise... i just hope other people will be on more TT^TT
and I'd be willing to play witcha ^-^

O hai! I'm getting this game for Christmas, so I'll be online more after that X'D
Just sayin'. There's one more than usual. ;3
I'd like to play witchooooo ^.^

Tigus
Dec 20, 2011, 12:49 PM
If you liked PSO then you may enjoy PSZ.

chibipocky15
Dec 24, 2011, 12:34 AM
YAY I gotz summm oneess tah play wit....... i need to find mah ds o.o

LuneFox
Dec 24, 2011, 11:08 AM
YAY I gotz summm oneess tah play wit....... i need to find mah ds

Put Ogi's old body parts back on the shelf please.

Nymeria
Dec 31, 2011, 09:08 PM
I have the game now ^.^

When I had the chance to play it so far I managed to get myself just past Paru (defeated Captain Reve's two mech ships) and so far I enjoy playing as a HUnewearl the most. I'm pretty new at this but look forward to getting better. I still haven't found a Shifta spell yet but I have Resta lvl 2 and Anti lvl 1, lol! :3

My friend code is...
System Name: Jen
Friend Code: 0862 7261 4973

...if anyone is interested in playing let me know and I'll add you! I'm online now, and I just played my first random wifi matchup before typing this. So fun. :)

MichaelPatrick
Jan 2, 2012, 11:05 PM
im about to buy this game... so if anyone wants to play online im going to be online. unless my wireless doesnt work with the DS or something... sigh.. ahahahaha