PDA

View Full Version : Fan Art A slightly late Christmas Greeting...

Crystal_Shard
Dec 26, 2011, 09:42 AM
Was planning to have this ready much earlier, but exams and other stuff got in the way. Anyway, it's one day late, but Merry Christmas anyway!

http://www.crystal-shard.com/assets/Uploads/Images/crystal-christmas-hdv-wtv.jpg

It's sized at 1280x720, just right for a widescreen wallpaper. Anyway, please be kind to Crystal - she's been all worried that someone's gonna get mad over her late greetings. ^_^

Will probably be updating my own site with this new picture tomorrow or so. In the meantime, enjoy the preview!

Edit: Site is updated at http://www.crystal-shard.com

Ce'Nedra
Dec 26, 2011, 01:51 PM
Nice art there Crystal, i like it. What's she saying though?

Neith
Dec 26, 2011, 02:42 PM
Nice art there Crystal, i like it. What's she saying though?

'Me...Merry Christmas'

Crystal_Shard
Dec 26, 2011, 07:50 PM
If you want to get all technical on it, she's thinking that, not saying it, as she's trying to hold on to that ribbon in her mouth. ^_^

Sayara
Dec 26, 2011, 08:07 PM
The way she looks; Im not sure she was ready for the viewers intrusion!
cross them legs youngin! You're presents are unwrapping!

Crystal_Shard
Dec 26, 2011, 08:21 PM
The way she looks; Im not sure she was ready for the viewers intrusion!
cross them legs youngin! You're presents are unwrapping!

My original plan was for this to be a Christmas Eve surprise "gift unwrapping". Alas, last minute preparations stymied my well laid plans. Curses!

Hmm, noticing a few items I forgot to correct before release. Will update the picture later.

Mimo
Dec 26, 2011, 09:37 PM
-flails arms- And a Merry Christmas to the cute little Neuman~ ^___^

Ce'Nedra
Dec 27, 2011, 07:27 AM
Could of guessed the japanese but never know heh.

Eitherway i like your style Crystal, it seems like i've seen it before somewhere but can't place it.

Merry Christmas to you and your cute Crystal ^^

Crystal_Shard
Dec 27, 2011, 09:05 AM
Hmm, I get my influences from all over the place that I can't remember all of them. Most of the stuff that comes from Sega is the more obvious influence. There's also more nsfw sources as well of course.

I can try to compile a few names that are safe to drop here later. ^_^

A. Zerran
Dec 27, 2011, 01:12 PM
That looks great, but it reminds me sometimes how some Japanese think. That young newman in the picture looks like she wants to do something naughty...no offense, Crystal. The whole gift unwrapping concept of this picture is good, and I understand it 100%, but at the same time...yeah.

But, this art style is something to be appreciated whenever it comes around. Great job, let it pass for X-mas.

Happy Holidays, by the way. (I celebrate the Jewish holiday of December, so that's why I say this).

Crystal_Shard
Dec 27, 2011, 09:35 PM
@A. Zerran: No need to explain. Happy Holidays is also accepted legal tender. ^_^

If you came away from the picture liking it, but somewhat blushing from the implied naughtiness, then I'd say mission accomplished. No need to feel uncomfortable over that feeling. Also, I'm glad you think that it's pretty close to "how some Japanese think" (which btw, could be seen as a pretty callous remark against a foreign culture. Just sayin') because that also means I'm reaching a certain level of success in my skills.

@Ce'Nedra: As promised, the names of those artists that I get influences from (of those I can remember anyway) :

Safe for work names:

Naru Nanao (Sola)
Hirano Katsuyuki (Idea Factory main artist)
Raita Honjou (Valkyria Chronicles artist)

And the less safe for work names:

[spoiler-box]

Fumio (Tomoyo After)
Itaru Hinoue (Clannad)
Na-Ga (Clannad)
Suzuhira Hiro (Shuffle!)
Tony Taka (Current Shining Series artist)

[/spoiler-box]

Ce'Nedra
Dec 28, 2011, 02:38 PM
I was thinking what Zerran said as well but didn't felt like posting it because i wouldn't know how you react about it.

Also if you didn't ment in that way i think she would have her legs crossed or something rather then showing slightly her pantsu.

Ami
Dec 29, 2011, 03:50 PM
Naughty naughty, don't make me get my paddle :<

No but seriously it looks nice.is she even legal?

Seth Astra
Dec 29, 2011, 04:00 PM
Your artwork is amazing as always.

Crystal_Shard
Dec 29, 2011, 09:33 PM
@Ce'Nedra: Hmm, as long as it's a valid comment about the image, I don't see any problem with similar comments. ^_^ It's just that I wasn't sure if A. Zerran was making a subtle comment about the Japanese with that opening statement. Never like to encourage that. (To A.Zerran: if there wasn't any subtle meaning, many apologies for assuming so)

Also yes, this picture is meant to be of the Naughty rather than Nice alignment. Though hopefully not THAT naughty that it needs a mosaic filter.

@Ami: NOOOOOOEEEEEES! NOT THE PADDLE!

@Seth Astra (and everyone who's said they liked the image): *takes a bow*

On another note, my website is finally updated with a (belated) Christmas theme. Will post a link in my sig later, but here's a more direct route : http://www.crystal-shard.com (I forget if there's a rule against plugging my own site here, so do let me know if there's one). I'm trying to deal (thus far unsuccessfully) with spam, so I've enabled moderation and set up ReCaptcha, at least until I can implement a more silent method like Akismet or something.

Sayara
Dec 30, 2011, 11:21 AM
its fine, your own site no prob-bob. I usually use my sig as an access point to it like, I guess for your image case... "unwrap me?" click etc

usually works best if its your own work though and not some uber cool jp fanart of popn music *shrugs*

Crystal_Shard
Dec 30, 2011, 11:39 AM
its fine, your own site no prob-bob. I usually use my sig as an access point to it like, I guess for your image case... "unwrap me?" click etc

usually works best if its your own work though and not some uber cool jp fanart of popn music *shrugs*

Ah, no need to worry then. We serve only the pure unadulterated stuff there, none of them fake goods, no siree.

*Ahem*

Except for one additional image in the gallery, the rest has appeared here before. If I keep up my pace, there should be quite a few more on the way soon, so definitely will add a link to the ol' sig later.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 30, 2011, 02:09 PM
Now i've taken a look at your site and compared christmas Crystal with mikunas Crystal i must say you've improved alot ;o specially the face part

I wouldn't mind seeing Crystal in a picture that acctually needs a mosaic censor =D

So I like newmans nekkid, don't sue me D:

Crystal_Shard
Dec 30, 2011, 07:14 PM
Now i've taken a look at your site and compared christmas Crystal with mikunas Crystal i must say you've improved alot ;o specially the face part

I wouldn't mind seeing Crystal in a picture that acctually needs a mosaic censor =D

So I like newmans nekkid, don't sue me D:

I'll get my lawyers right on it!

I daresay that subject matter will be covered eventually, though it may not get posted on PSOW itself, being nsfw and all. ^_^

About comparing Mikunas Crystal and Christmas Crystal, Mikunas Crystal was originally born from a rough face sketch that I felt was good enough to develop into something larger. Christmas Crystal had a bit more planning given to her, especially with regards to the background. Not too surprised if the latter came out better. ^_^

Ce'Nedra
Dec 30, 2011, 07:27 PM
nuuuuu not the lawyers!! D; I'm innocent

Not suprised there though, alot of people who do art tend to make a nude picture are some point, at least it seems like that to me, hope I don't offend anyone by saying that. Personnaly I would like to see Crystal and without censors ^^;

Well I still like the Mikunas Crystal, I simply love that outfit, I always used it on my own newman as well, though I got the orange/cyan one ^^

Wonder what other nice art you will come with, I dig the style.

Crystal_Shard
Dec 30, 2011, 08:26 PM
nuuuuu not the lawyers!! D; I'm innocent

Not suprised there though, alot of people who do art tend to make a nude picture are some point, at least it seems like that to me, hope I don't offend anyone by saying that. Personnaly I would like to see Crystal and without censors ^^;

Well I still like the Mikunas Crystal, I simply love that outfit, I always used it on my own newman as well, though I got the orange/cyan one ^^

Wonder what other nice art you will come with, I dig the style.

Buwahahaha! Go forth my lawyer minions and take no prisoners!

*Ahem*

Given that there's always anatomy studies tucked into almost every art education curriculum, it's less a case of if, more a case of when. It's quite unavoidable if you really want to improve in your skills. ( For the record, I've never taken formal classes, but I've still had to study anatomy/nude pictures in order to improve myself.)

I have a soft spot for the Yoshino Tefura, but eventually I felt that the Mikunas Set fit Crystal the best, especially in the dark purple gray variant. I ended up letting my dewman Nacalia use the Yoshino instead.

I shall endeavour not to disappoint in future works. ^_^

Fayorei
Dec 30, 2011, 11:48 PM
Looking good Crystal! Love the art. I think I just totally skipped the echi part of the image and really enjoyed the digital painting style, especially on the garter. :)

Crystal_Shard
Jan 2, 2012, 03:34 AM
Looking good Crystal! Love the art. I think I just totally skipped the echi part of the image and really enjoyed the digital painting style, especially on the garter. :)

Thanks Fayorei. Glad you liked it.

Just wanted to make a quick update known - originally I rushed the image out without a few minor finishing touches to get it out before Christmas completely swept past. Now that those additions are done, I've updated my site and my first post.

Now with that out of the way, time to start on new things!

Fayorei
Jan 2, 2012, 04:27 AM
Thanks Fayorei. Glad you liked it.

Just wanted to make a quick update known - originally I rushed the image out without a few minor finishing touches to get it out before Christmas completely swept past. Now that those additions are done, I've updated my site and my first post.

Now with that out of the way, time to start on new things!

Awesome! I totally know the feeling of rushing a piece(I ended up getting ambitious on an exchange for a Zelda group on DA), but it's always nice to get a couple touches swept in. Looking great!

Bookmarked, by the by. You have a great knack for anime style.:)

Crystal_Shard
Jan 3, 2012, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the compliment. ^_^ My timing on completing images can be quite hard to predict thanks to RL commitments, but I'm hoping to keep up my current pace and get stuff out more regularly. Appreciate if you drop by my site from time to time.

Oh just an fyi, comments on my blog are moderated, so they won't appear immediately. You can always PM me if there's problems anyway. ^_^

Ce'Nedra
Jan 3, 2012, 01:45 PM
I see what you did there. The glow effect arround her body looks nice and i can't help but notice a diffrent color of pantsu ^^;

NegaTsukasa
Jan 3, 2012, 08:25 PM
Sexy.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 3, 2012, 09:25 PM
I see what you did there. The glow effect arround her body looks nice and i can't help but notice a diffrent color of pantsu ^^;

クリスタル: Ce'Nedra君、最初からどこに見てるの? ^_^╬

*ahem*

Yeah, the pantsu area was a mistake I left in previously. It was never intended to be like one of those glowing spots in recent games nowadays drawing attention to it. ^_^'

Ce'Nedra
Jan 4, 2012, 09:13 AM
No fair, you know I can't read japanese! *sadface*

I wouldn't see it as a mistake, it gave the picture exactly that little bit extra "naughtyness" that you ment to make it look like.

Looking forward to a new piece of work off you ^_^

Crystal_Shard
Jan 4, 2012, 09:24 PM
No fair, you know I can't read japanese! *sadface*

I wouldn't see it as a mistake, it gave the picture exactly that little bit extra "naughtyness" that you ment to make it look like.

Looking forward to a new piece of work off you ^_^

Translation below. ^_^
Crystal: From the start, where have you been staring at, Ce'Nedra-kun? *scary smiley face with vein pop*

Hmm, I didn't mean a mistake in the sense that it wasn't supposed to be there. It was meant to be more subtle than it was in the first release, hence the shading. In addition, leaving it brightly lit would have been quite a technical error, given the direction of the light source and all.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 5, 2012, 05:37 PM
Translation below. ^_^
Crystal: From the start, where have you been staring at, Ce'Nedra-kun? *scary smiley face with vein pop*

Ce'Nedra: 他にどこ私の小さなかわいいニューマン ^_^ (Here hoping google translate does a decent job ^^;)

I like this version more anyway with the shading and shadows, makes it look more real.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 6, 2012, 03:01 AM
Ce'Nedra: 他にどこ私の小さなかわいいニューマン ^_^ (Here hoping google translate does a decent job ^^;)

I like this version more anyway with the shading and shadows, makes it look more real.

^^; It's probably not optimal to confirm the suspicions of a female character that you've been staring at nothing but her pantsu all this while, especially one who's pretty liberal with her Sazonde usage.

クリスタル: あ~そう、見てるんだ。 ^_^╬
クリスタル: ... *サゾンデを準備する*

Translation:
Crystal: Ah... so you have been looking at them. *scary smiley face with vein pop continued*
*beat* *Prepares a nice Sazonde*

I kid, I kid.

I thought the sentence looked fine at first, but after a few reads, I think something is indeed off. I haven't had enough time yet to figure it out yet.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 6, 2012, 02:06 PM
^^; It's probably not optimal to confirm the suspicions of a female character that you've been staring at nothing but her pantsu all this while, especially one who's pretty liberal with her Sazonde usage..

To bad for you thunder is ineffective on Nedra ^^ it's her own element and she can absorb thunder =D And i haven't only been looking at that the whole time, there is more then that ;o

Ce'Nedra:私は私を愛して、いくつかのパンティー ^^;

What you use to translate? or can you write/read japanese?

Crystal_Shard
Jan 6, 2012, 09:48 PM
To bad for you thunder is ineffective on Nedra ^^ it's her own element and she can absorb thunder =D And i haven't only been looking at that the whole time, there is more then that ;o

Ce'Nedra:私は私を愛して、いくつかのパンティー ^^;

What you use to translate? or can you write/read japanese?

^^; Sorry, I think that sentence is unreadable. I can roughly translate it myself as "I want to love myself, a few panties ^^;" What was the original sentence you gave to Google Translate?

I took a class for basic and slightly advanced Japanese several years ago, and practice with playing/reading/watching various Japanese only media has helped me recognise common phrases and accumulate some for occasional use. It's not enough to speak fluently, but with the help of a computer, I can read, write and understand enough without the help of subtitles/translation. I also take lots of cues from the overall situation to help me figure out what's going on. Reading a manga in pure Japanese is still a bit of a hit or miss, and is pretty exhausting still though.

I still use Babelfish and Popjisyo fairly often to find out difficult words.

Also...

クリスタル:あれ?Ce'Nedra君じゃなくて、Ce'Nedraちゃんなの?ごめん,間違えちゃった。 それに、あなたも好きなエレメント同じですか?嬉しい、同じ友達いるんだ。

Translation:
Crystal: Eh? So it's not Ce'Nedra kun, but Ce'Nedra chan? Sorry, I made a mistake. Also, you also like a similar element? I'm happy to have a friend who is similar.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 7, 2012, 05:38 AM
It was ment to say "I love me some panties"

Ce'Nedra: はい、それはCe'Nedraちゃんの:女の子Oイム^^;そして、はい、私は雷と稲妻を愛し、私も彼らと はかなりいいよ= D

Shame there is no real accurate translator, probarly due to diffrent use of sentances...