PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Japanese PSP2 service ends Feb. 22

Mike
Dec 28, 2011, 10:06 AM
I missed this yesterday (http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11119571885.html) but it looks like the servers for the Japanese version of PSP2 will be coming down (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/support/notice_20111228/) on the 22nd of Feburary. The offline versions will still be playable and Infinity will still be up and running so if there's anyone left playing the Japanese version of PSP2, now is a good time to migrate to Infinity.

This only applies to the Japanese version.

Miki~
Dec 28, 2011, 02:48 PM
I missed this yesterday (http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11119571885.html) but it looks like the servers for the Japanese version of PSP2 will be coming down (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2/support/notice_20111228/) on the 22nd of Feburary. The offline versions will still be playable and Infinity will still be up and running so if there's anyone left playing the Japanese version of PSP2, now is a good time to migrate to Infinity.

This only applies to the Japanese version.

I dont play vanilla anymore, but is there any chance of vanilla going down in the near future? Not that I'm saying I want it to, just curious.

blace
Dec 28, 2011, 03:07 PM
There's no announcement about the US/EU server going down yet, but I can imagine it being in the near future since the server is pretty dead during even during peak hours.

Sara-hime
Dec 28, 2011, 08:26 PM
I guess people could always arrange PS3 Ad-Hoc Parties. But I'd imagine if they're still that invested in PSPo2, they would be playing Infinity. They at least have that choice to anyway. ^_^;

Noblewine
Dec 28, 2011, 11:11 PM
Wow already? I thought they atleast keep it up longer. This is typical of sega.

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 29, 2011, 01:09 AM
Actually this is very unusual of SEGA when you consider other versions of Phantasy Star. This could however mean that in order to continue playing players may be forced to pick up the latest expansion or else...

R.A.V.S.O
Dec 29, 2011, 02:24 AM
Somehow I fear for the US/EUR vanilla....

hope this doesn't end how I believe it will....

then again I might as well start to learn how to boot up xlink properly.... just in case XD

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 29, 2011, 02:44 AM
Huh. About time. I'm surprised it was still up when Infinity Was released.

NoiseHERO
Dec 29, 2011, 09:50 AM
For the people saying "wow already?"

I'm sure it should really be "Wow people still play normal PSP2 in Japan?"

I'm sure it's along the same reason they take down the servers for demos. They want people to hurry up and get the current, alongside nobody playing the older one.

This has nothing to do with us really.

Since we don't have infinity.

blace
Dec 29, 2011, 10:02 AM
For the people saying "wow already?"

I'm sure it should really be "Wow people still play normal PSP2 in Japan?"

I'm sure it's along the same reason they take down the servers for demos. They want people to hurry up and get the current, alongside nobody playing the older one.

Still considering how dead the US/EU servers are, it does bring home that kind of feeling something else may happen to that version as well. Which is probably why they're reacting the way they are.

Also servers for anything will get taken down eventually, it's just a matter of time really. Don't be so surprised if something just stopped working without prior notice or if an announcement was made for it to go down.

Recently a game I had played from the closed beta stages closed down, due to the developers will saying they want their american customers to pay more for the same content on their original version. Differences between branches, of some infighting could cause it, but in this case they have a successor to the same game, just with more content.

Surprising? Not really, it was bound to happen eventually, considering the Vita has been released there as well as the game having been there for nearly a year.

JC200X
Dec 29, 2011, 04:44 PM
As blace has noted, it really shouldn't come as a shock. Vanilla was released in Japan near the end of 2009. With the game being online for a little over two years and the expansion available for one when the time comes, I'd say it had a good run.

But yeah, for anyone who still plays this version of the game online, get Infinity. NAO.

Roger Triton
Dec 29, 2011, 05:39 PM

I agree. With PSO2 set to come out so soon, it would make U.S./European player mad to stop PSP2 so soon. We probably have another year left (or atleast until PSO2 is out and successful enough).
A forced upgrade to Infinity is what's happening.

Sara-hime
Dec 29, 2011, 05:43 PM
Isn't the Xbox 360 version of PSU still up and running? That's been out way longer and should be a good barometer for how long PSPo2 (and PSZ?) servers outside Japan might last. Well granted the Xbox game probably has a larger fan base than PSPo2, but I'm just trowing this out there.

NoiseHERO
Dec 29, 2011, 05:50 PM
I think wi-fi games use nintendo's...

Somethings...

Servers?

What DO wifi games play on? Just host through the DS?

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 29, 2011, 06:51 PM
I think wi-fi games use nintendo's...

Somethings...

Servers?

What DO wifi games play on? Just host through the DS?

Nintendo WFC does the matchmaking, and the rest is on the host. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Alisha
Dec 30, 2011, 08:11 PM
that seems to be how it works with us vanilla too.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 31, 2011, 12:24 AM
It is, actually. Same with the JP version, too.
Not too sure about Infinity, though.

blazingsonic
Jan 1, 2012, 04:22 PM
Heh there goes my own PSP Online game, lol Well little PSP time you rested for Vita, God Eater Trina don't get to comfy there in Data Land.

Kaji Motomiya
Jan 9, 2012, 12:15 AM
Wait...so...from what I read, PSPo2 in the US won't be affected, but now it's to be expected? I mean, since we've never had announcement of Infinity coming to the US of any kind.

Does that mean that people who still want to play PSPo2 in the US for the online service should not buy it anymore?

Mike
Jan 9, 2012, 03:05 AM
Wait...so...from what I read, PSPo2 in the US won't be affected, but now it's to be expected? I mean, since we've never had announcement of Infinity coming to the US of any kind.
People are being pessimistic. The announcement is for the Japanese version of PSP2 only.

blazingsonic
Jan 9, 2012, 02:33 PM
People are being pessimistic. The announcement is for the Japanese version of PSP2 only.

<_< Sorry missed that part, Just that PSP2 vanished from PSN so I don't know what to think would be funny to see Infinity show up as DLC, XD.

Kaji Motomiya
Jan 9, 2012, 04:02 PM

<_< Sorry missed that part, Just that PSP2 vanished from PSN so I don't know what to think would be funny to see Infinity show up as DLC, XD.

I was beginning to think that too. I just wanted PSP2 because I want the actual disk, but if Infinity comes out to the US, I'd probably just skip straight for it. That, and a brand new PSP2 is expensive ANYWHERE. ; A; super sad face

blace
Jan 9, 2012, 04:21 PM
$10 used at Best Buy, about $15-$20 new. PSN for the longest time had it at $39.99 and was lowered to $16.99 before its accidental drop from the store.

People phase out portions of the title and only see the parts relating to the subject. All I'm saying is that don't be so surprised if the western servers closed. Even now as I just got off it's pretty dead, unless you count the 4-5 rooms that have a password on them with people saying "OMG IM SO SAD LEAVE ME ALONE" and seeking sympathy. Asisde from those rooms, it's dead or difficult to find a game that is actually playing.

blazingsonic
Jan 10, 2012, 06:59 PM
Wait it was dropped from the store by accident? Please tell me that's true, I do have the download but I want other people to save it too, I actually finally started to have weapons I'm looking for.

Wait don't rooms with certain conditions remain invisible to people not looking for those conditions? Or did I just define match making? :P

blace
Jan 10, 2012, 07:09 PM
Someone posted on here that it was an accidental mishap. The post was a reply from a Sega employee saying it wasn't intentional. When or if it will become available is for debate.

Most rooms don't even set conditions anymore it's just mostly rooms that you'd expect people to play in, but are using it as a front for chat only rooms.

blazingsonic
Jan 10, 2012, 08:00 PM
Well my room is always a set condition to ward off 200 hackers looking for chat sex.