PDA

View Full Version : Real Roleplaying online...

MyrciVoid
Mar 5, 2001, 12:57 PM
Perhaps I'm a little odd, here... but.. I expected more people to be really roleplaying on the PSO online areas... I guess, I could put it this way.. like it was a graphical mud... but all I see is stuff you'd pluck straight out of a teen chat.. immature.. sickening.. but no roleplaying... I made my charactor with the thought in mind that I'd make friends (which I have)... and roleplay with them.. it's weird... such a nicely made rpg.. and no one roleplays..

Sciler
Mar 5, 2001, 05:16 PM
<font face=times new roman color=red>I try...find me on Miranda 10 sometime, or at that big meeting next Saturday. But I really enjoy Rping.<center>

MyrciVoid
Mar 5, 2001, 09:41 PM
Wee! someone who likes to rp! *laugh* I'm going to try to be at the gathering.

Sciler
Mar 6, 2001, 02:35 AM
<font face=times new roman color=red>LOL, I'm usually one during the week 730-1030 pm eastern time. weekends is whenever I want to be on, but definitely usually until the wee hours of the morn http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif<center>

MyrciVoid
Mar 6, 2001, 03:12 AM
I generally wake up before any of my friends, and they work, so i'm on until about nine or ten pm, out for a while, then back on. Mostly on the Oberon, deck 5

Sciler
Mar 6, 2001, 12:24 PM
<font face=times new roman color=red>Any particular room?<center>

Ratsmack
Mar 6, 2001, 12:32 PM
Rping? Well, let me give my take on why no one rps in this game first. I'd say your point about how you've got quite a large amount of scum making up a large portion of the gaming community (FPers, mostly, the ones that are more concerned with killing everything with increasingly sharp objects than admiring the graphics or anything like that). Second, rping has the bad press of the geeky D&D stuff, which really isn't rping. No one wants to be a geek, right? Well, anyways, the third reason, which applies to me, is how is it possible to even do that in this game. At least a bunch of other online RPGs have you able to perform motions, something you can only do in the lobby in this game. Well, still, I'd be interested in seeing how it's done. If you come up with a meeting spot, count me in.

Sciler
Mar 6, 2001, 03:44 PM
<font face=times new roman color=red>Hey, I admit I'm a geek. I'm jsut one of the coolest geeks around http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif<center>

MyrciVoid
Mar 6, 2001, 07:36 PM
I generally hang out in the Oberon, deck five or six, lobby one. Roleplaying won't be hard, Rat.. Just act like your charactor.. not like you.. like me.. I act like Myrci.. Myrci doesn't like men, and she's fairly greedy, but she's still got a good heart. I'm nice to people. Myrci will tell them off if they start up a pickup line. I'll just say that I'm not interested. You see the different? and D&D is roleplaying, it's part of how rping got a name.. then a bad look. I dont play D&D myself, I do however play GURP style tabletop games. I'll roleplay anywhere, online, offline, tabletop, live action, etc.

Sciler
Mar 6, 2001, 08:09 PM
<font face=times new roman color=red>I used to IRL RP but that group broke up and I'm just so picky Ihavent found another I enjoy, ah well.<center>

Ratsmack
Mar 6, 2001, 10:22 PM
Well, I'm not a geek. I'm a dork, but not a geek. Biiiiiiiiig difference. Well, I guess it's just that I don't like D&D that I don't call it rping. Well, anyways, I'd still like to see how its done, so either post or private message a meeting place and time and I'll try to make it.

MyrciVoid
Mar 7, 2001, 12:15 AM
Playing D&D or games like it doesn't make you a geek, Rat. What is your definition of roleplaying, then? Turn-based games?

Ratsmack
Mar 7, 2001, 01:12 AM
I didn't mean playing D&D made you a geek. And what's wrong with being a geek? Some of the coolest people I know are geeks. And I think D&D can be somewhat roleplaying...well, from the little things I've seen that make fun of it, it seems it can be. Roleplaying is taking a part and having a character and a whole description and everything and pretty much writing a story with other people involved. Those little fight things in D&D don't seem very roleplaying-ish. And turn-based RPGs are the same as D&D.

MyrciVoid
Mar 7, 2001, 01:58 AM
On 2001-03-06 22:12, Ratsmack wrote:
I didn't mean playing D&D made you a geek. And what's wrong with being a geek? Some of the coolest people I know are geeks. And I think D&D can be somewhat roleplaying...well, from the little things I've seen that make fun of it, it seems it can be. Roleplaying is taking a part and having a character and a whole description and everything and pretty much writing a story with other people involved. Those little fight things in D&D don't seem very roleplaying-ish. And turn-based RPGs are the same as D&D.

If I were to write a story, to help the plot along, and to ensure it wasn't boring as hell, I'd add some fighting. Now, let's say I write about Myrci. Myrci is, basically, a bounty hunter. most of her time is spent fighting. But I'd also go into Myrci's past, maybe tell who her parents are, if she's been in love, or maybe she's falling in love with another hunter. that sort of thing. But to keep a good, gripping story, a few good fight scenes are needed.

And there's nothing wrong with geeks, hell, I proudly proclaim to be a geek, dork, dufus, and nerd. ^_~

D&D, as well as GURPS, all alow you to make a charactor. You make a background, you chose your sex/age/height/etc, you choose how you act to other people, you choose whether or not you'll help your teammates kill the Green Dragon, or if you'll leave them to die in his cave of hoarded treasures.

I myself have played GURPS(I think it's General/Universal Role Playing System) with a bit of a BESM(Big Eyes, Small Mouth; an anime system) twist. They've been original stories thought up by the DM/GM/ST. My charactor had an extensive background, and I chose how she interacted with the people in her group.
I've played a live action Vampire:TM game, and it was great.

D&D, no matter what you've heard about it not having any story, being all fight and no plot, is not true. If that were the case, people would stay home and play King of Fighters, or Fatal Fury, rather than drive to a friend's house to sit around a table.

Granted, you do roll your dice. That's to keep it fair, and so the DM doesn't have four or more players running rampant across his game.

EX:
"My thief is going to jump twelve feet in the air, do a double flip, and land on the Evil Sorceror's head, killing him instantly." --- This is how you get banned from online Roleplaying, it's called "God-Moding", as well as loose respect from your RPing buddies.

"I'm going to attempt to jump up as high as I can, using the Jump ability and my strength of 14" -- Here is where the dm will say, alright, roll your strength. You roll d20 for 14 or under (for most systems), and you jump up into the air about seven to eight feet.
"While I'm in the air, I'm going to flip forward to build up momentum, then using my Aim ability, I'm going to strike the Sorceror in the head with my sword" -- Again, the DM will say for you to roll. This example is a way to make friends in a RP chat, and ensure you don't get your arse kicked to next tuesday because you ignored the god-moding rule.

Outside of battles, you don't often have to roll. I think the most I've ever rolled outside of a battle was when I was looking for a specific thing in sand (which we all know that if you've lost something small on a beach... forget it, man..), and I got to roll my luck to see if I found it.

In short, now that I've finished my Thesis on Role Playing Dynamics...

Role Playing can be done anywhere, anytime, any system, with or without dice. online, you'll come across Java Dice Rollers, most of the time, you'll just be fair about it, and not try to insta-kill everything. that takes the fun out of playing.

Arcadean
Mar 7, 2001, 05:22 AM
why do they call PSO a RPG game when no one roleplays? its stupid.

MyrciVoid
Mar 7, 2001, 05:36 AM
It's called a RPG because technically, it is. You are playing the Role of a Hunter/Ranger/Force who is seeking out Red Ring Rico. It's also an action/adventure game, due to how it plays.

MyrciVoid
Mar 7, 2001, 05:40 AM
It's called a RPG because technically, it is. You are playing the Role of a Hunter/Ranger/Force who is seeking out Red Ring Rico. It's also an action/adventure game, due to how it plays.

Sciler
Mar 7, 2001, 12:19 PM
<font face=times new roman color=red>Action RPG would be the proper wording then? thats how I see it<center>

Ratsmack
Mar 7, 2001, 06:14 PM
RPG is an iffy term. Technically, Sonic is an RPG. You PLAY the ROLE of Sonic. RPG has come to mean something with hit points, magic points, gaining levels, etc. Ever play Zelda? Zelda is considered an ActionRPG, because you walk around killing things, gaining money, getting better stuff, real-time battles. That's what PSO is. You PLAY the ROLE of your char, who has hit points, magic points and stats based on what they are (Hunter, Ranger, Force). As for D&D, I'm sorry if I used any stereotypes there, I've never played it, so I honestly can't say anything about it.

Odium
Mar 7, 2001, 09:54 PM
Well, Ratsmack, that definition there for RPG is the definition describing console or PC RPG Video games... I believe roleplaying in the game, or RPing, is the actual part where you pretend you are the character you play, following your character's traits and beliefs and most tend to follow the mun's (roleplayer's) own traits and beliefs. I also agree there is close to no roleplaying in the game. The majority of what I see, is item vultures who plague the rooms spouting off "WHO HAS TWIN BRANDS FOR TRADE!?", the people who discuss the game intelligently which I have no problem with, the people who simply play the game to play it, killing stuff talking about events transpiring in news and such, and the actual roleplayers. Of course you get your spammers and just plain annoying people, but so does every online game. Unfortunately, I dont think PSO was ment to be a game where people were supposed to act out their characters or even pretend to go on grand journeys. For one thing it doesnt have the depth. PSO is linear and it isnt that large for something like that. It is ment to be more of a game where people try to beat the game together, further their characters power by obtaining better items, and allow them converse during the game. If anything it is a Diablo in the Future... Diablo as in the games Diablo and Diablo II by Blizzard. I'm addicted as all hell I'm not saying its a bad game. And as far as the nerd thing... everyone is a nerd/geek/dork in their own way... I'm a partyanimal, an athlete, addicted to video games, an RPer and more... anyways it would be interesting to try the RPing spin on the game, seeing as I havent met anyone who has done so yet.

P.S. Myrci, I wouldn't mind talking to you sometime on AIM if you havent or even email initially. I've done a lot of RPing over AOL and MUDs and such, and since I've had to use MSN now... I'd like to try RPing with new people if possible...

ElisteHaute
Mar 8, 2001, 06:08 AM
Also remember that we're talking about the concept of role-playing games from a Japanese point of view. The Japanese got into the RPG genre when old games like "Zork!" and "Temple of Apshai" which were really "choose your own adventure" games were popular. The Japanese concept of role playing game is that you follow a set plot and that your character evolves over time. PSO has a plot (granted it's not a really involved one, but it is there) and the characters evolve over time (Leveling up).

Seeing as we haven't really been given a large plot that the people over at SEGA are constantly tinkering with I think that the majority of Role Playing will have to come from us. Maybe we can't have "guild houses" where we keep our stuff, but we can form adventuring parties and have our little squabbles and good times wwith a plot that we form ourselves.

To steal from Myrci

EX:

We're a group of people who may have come from different sections of the ship, but all our families were in the same area of the colony that was destroyed. Searching out the truth of what happened is the driving influence inthe party.

Or

We're mercenaries that are working for a Lv 100 character who sends us out to get certain items be it a monogrinder or a handgun +1 +30% against dark. Now it doesn't matter /where/ we get it from (trade or adventuring) as long as we're roleplaying that we are these characters and this is our mission.

I know we all want all the pretty graphics of "Your employer turns on you and becomes the evil slimy tentacled freak you always thought her to be," in our adventures, but this will have to be mostly in our imaginations and our keyboards.

I think that SEGA has given us a great tool to start a roleplaying community over the internet, lots of pretty graphics and ugly monsters to kill, but it will be up to us, the gamers to bring the full potential out.

Remember that all P&P games are just a set of books and that the action is in the heads of the players. Whether it is a good or bad experience/game depends on the players and referee. Well, we have a great graphical interface, now all we need is a bunch of people who want to play in the world that's been put in front of us.

Either ignore the people who think it's a dating game or stay in character and treat them like they are also; "I'm sorry, but my father wouldn't approve of me dating a newman." Who knows? It might start changing things, or annoy a large percentage of the "I'm high level! I'm Cool!" crowd at the very least. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bleah! Rant mode off

Japuka
Mar 8, 2001, 04:29 PM
I agree that RPGs really fall into two categories nowadays. There is the traditional pen and paper RPG and now the Computer game/video game console RPGs. Similar yet very different.

In an online environment, role play is a social interaction where you refrain from talking about game mechanics and knowledge that comes from outside the game. If such topics are discussed, they are usually done out of character. Its not hard to role play, but it is hard to stay in character. Do you need a great back ground or anything to roleplay? Of course not, but it really helps to get into character. It can be a great amount of fun and adds a new perspective to the game that many people do not experience. I think it can be applied to PSO but it would take a group of people willing to work at it.

I actually haven't been able to get online yet (Heh, I know I know, but I hope to someday soon) but I can see myself RPing on PSO. I do it on other MMORPGs, so I guess it would just come naturally here.

As for my RPG experience, I've played a great many pen and paper based games (D&D, all the World of Darkness games, Star Wars, GURPS, In Nomine, BESM, 7th Sea, the list goes on and on) and still do. I also love console based RPGs. Its my favorite game genre. I also enjoy playing MMORPGs and such. Great fun if you meet the right kind of people.

Its not about can role playing be done on PSO, its about who is willing to role play on the PSO and finding those people.

CRONOS
Mar 9, 2001, 09:04 PM
yes finally. ive been looking 4 ppl to play a rpg pso game with. ive been trying it with my friends and they like it. so if u want to play a game like that give me a place and a time. hopefully i can find u. but u know u guys really take the defination of an rpg too well litterly. a rpg is a game thats all there is to it its a game where u r some1 else why do u have to go into this whole debate. i dont play d&d or anything i think the closet ive played is magic:the gathering and its not the same. so y or better how did this turn into a dbate of whats make an rpg?

MyrciVoid
Mar 9, 2001, 11:58 PM
Cronos, this friendly debate game about when RatSmack asked a few questions. ^_^ I think it made for an interesting discussion, and to top it off, I've met more people interested in role playing. I'm not sure how M:TG fits in the RPG realm, but RPGs just aren't what they used to be, so I guess it fits, in a way. I myself played magic for a little while, but then I gave it up. Too expensive. While it was challenging, I started to run out of opponits. Now I just settle for a good game of Triple Triad whenever I can. ^_~

Strider_
Mar 10, 2001, 01:41 AM
People in PSO who actually want to -roleplay-? At last, my prayers have been answered! I have been looking for you guys for a while now. I started roleplaying a few years ago in mIRC and now it has turned into a lifestyle. Even with it's limited capabilities, I'd love to roleplay in the PSO world. Well, later. I'm out, and drop me a line in AIM (SpybreakPR) or by e-mail ([email protected])

Ratsmack
Mar 10, 2001, 02:58 AM
Just a friendly debate. Hell, not even a debate. And...I think it's sort of a general statement to call an RPG a....game. *ahem*

MyrciVoid
Mar 10, 2001, 03:54 AM
general? maybe. What makes up a game? Rules, competition (sometimes), a goal, points/scoring?
PSO has rules. basically, you're trapped in abiding by them, aside from stealing. You can choose to break that rule.
There is competition if you go online.
There is a Goal-Find out about Rico, and discover what happened to everyone on Pioneer1.
Points and Scoring? Yup, levels, exp.

The same can be said with an RP.
There are Rules that you play by (Ie, you can't do something not in the rules. Rules can be basic, or even as big as the laws of physics.)
There is a goal, even if it's only to level up, or go on a mission.
There is competition, at least with your friends, or with the badguy NPC's.
Points and Scoring? Here also. same as PSO, leveling, exp, weapon profficiancies.. etc..

Sheogorath
Mar 10, 2001, 08:02 AM
This has bothered me too. Hello, I just joined PSO world http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_eek.gif)

I have been playing PSO since...well, Since February 2nd, and I have gone the last week and a half without so much as booting the game up, let alone logging on. Why you ask? Because if people aren't hitting on my female character, they are begging my RAcast for C bringers and Soul Eaters.

I used to role play my characters in Diablo 1 on Battle.net, so PSO is hardly a stretch. I used to play with a group of RP'ers called "ORdo Rosae Moriatur" Great group of people, and we all wrote short stories about each night's adventures.

I'd LOVE to do that again, care to join a android with a faulty Hard Drive and a multiple personality disorder??

Ratsmack
Mar 10, 2001, 03:41 PM
True, myrci, but that's what I mean by general. That concept applies to ALL games, so calling an RPG a game is...well...not exactly an in-depth analysis. And it seems we've got a bit of a group going here...why don't we all set up a time and place to play sometime?

MyrciVoid
Mar 10, 2001, 06:25 PM
Wee! ^_^ Good idea, Rat.
And maybe it is a bit of a general term, but, I dunno. it may just be me, but RPG just screams "I mean Game, and Game means me!" with as much angst as Stabbing Westward, and as much happy-fun-pop as Chara's Japanese hits.

As for times... I've recently found a StarCraft demo (which has not been anywhere but inside mycomputer since I got the poor thing.. the disk.. not the computer ^_~), but I can peel myself off of that for my first real love, RPing.

I'm just going to post a few broad times that I'm on, but it would really help if we could find a quiet lobby to wait for each other, you know?

Tonight, (I'm going to put it in SwatchBeats, the converter is at the swatchwatch page, sorry for no link)
at:
208beats tonight (3.10.01)
250beats tomorrow night (3.11.01)
125beats last night (3.12.01)

I was thinking we'd meet on the Umbriel, deck 8, lobby 5. Umbriel 08-05, as the game would say.

For starters, I think it would probably be best to play in an area with few people, that way we can get used to the little bubbles for posting, and get a feel for how we want to roleplay on Pso. Also, when my page is up after it's server and hosting switch, I'm going to try for a section devoted to PSORP. (I'm lazy, that's why I say try ^_~)

Anyhow, I hope to see you guys tonight at 208beats.

I'm Myrci Void there, too.

ElisteHaute
Mar 10, 2001, 11:20 PM
Ai-Ya! I am stuck at work until 312 beats. If anyone is willing to stay around until then I would be grateful. This seems like too much fun to miss and I have to miss the Great #pso gathering too.

You guys seem like a nice bunch of people and it would be a shame if I can't show up to meet you online. Sigh, living in the West has it's disadvantages when most of the people you know online are back east (far east in some cases!).

Sheogorath
Mar 11, 2001, 12:31 AM
Well EH, guess what? I'll be there at 312+ beats too, and me and you can RP.

You have no idea how BAD I want to do this....I miss that old B.net Diablo group I used to RP with...*sigh*

I'll be there, and was just there a few moments ago, but no one is there yet. ARGGH. Look for a White, large, beak-nosed RAcast called Sheogorath, that will be me.

ElisteHaute
Mar 11, 2001, 06:16 AM
I missed everyone. Waaah! Oh well. My SO called when I got home. Once again RL intrudes on gaming.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Sheogorath
Mar 11, 2001, 06:45 AM
I felt so bad about not being there at 312 Beats. I kept coming back to Umbriel Block 8 every 10 minutes because I was looking for Myrci Void. I was throwing his/her name around so much that people began to think I was a stalker. I kept asking everyone if they knew the name, and if so, tell me where myrci was. I was rather looking forward to an actual RP session, so much that I would willingly give my S-beat Blade for one. (I'm serious...im THAT desperate for some RP)

I lost track of the Beat Time while waiting for a place to open in a game I was trying to rejoin in Puck 9. By the time I checked the beats, it was 330 beats and I figured you were gone.

My email is linked below on my profile, just click on the email link, send me a note, and we'll get together at your next conveinence.

I did get SOME RP, thanks to a guy named Emperor Rage tonight. He was awfully angry when the refidgerator in my RAcast's head had cans of oil mistakenly labeled as pepsi http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

MyrciVoid
Mar 11, 2001, 07:37 AM
I feel so very bad about not being able to make it.. The DC was taken from me just as I got on, and since it's not my dc, I couldn't complain.. they got online with it, so I was stuck.. I really, really am sorry.

Sheogorath
Mar 11, 2001, 07:59 AM
Bottom of a Pepsi Can? NM http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

No, don't feel bad about it. I had fun at the gathering, and theres always next time. It'll take more then a missed appointment to get this Droid down.

Need help getting that DC back? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

Dragon-Ibuki
Mar 11, 2001, 11:34 AM
Count me in on any roleplaying you guys and gals do...I would love to do it...I used to RP on Diablo too, crazy Townsquare....ah, the memories http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

ElisteHaute
Mar 11, 2001, 07:14 PM
Yes, there is always another time. BTW I only got on after 372 beats. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif Work had a bit of a dustup when one of us was fired for showing up drunk in the morning. No, not me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif . But Myrci, I think we all understand about your not being able to show up. This is a game after all, and RL concerns come first. Maybe another time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

Got to level 26! Yay!

Odium
Mar 12, 2001, 04:31 PM
Well... this looks like tons of fun, count me in on any Roleplaying in the game. Where do you all meet and around what time? I've been busy past couple of days and havent had chance to read up on these posts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif please lemme know when.

Strider_
Mar 12, 2001, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I have the same situation as Odium. I'd like to get in on some of the RPing in the PSO universe.

MyrciVoid
Mar 12, 2001, 07:17 PM
*puff* well, I managed to find no one but the people I came with last night. I don't know if it wasn't clear about the Umnbriel, deck 8, lobby 5, or what. I did find one 'player', Silver, who decided to bring a friend to make trading agreements. We waited till about 320 or so beats, then went into a team. My findings are that there's not a lot of ease in it, and if anyone has an idea for a tinyplot, they're more than welcome to share it.
While we can move around, we are restricted to small word bubbles, inaccurate movments, and charactors are prone to walking from a conversation if too many people are clumped in one area.
While these are major downsides now that I've managed to get into them, I still want to try. I'm not ready to give up, but I am going to put a few things in writing:
DO NOT:
Come here to trade. Go elsewhere if you want to do it, or use simplemail.
Come here to disturb everyone else.

WE MUST:
Have at least six people, if not more than that, to play. Otherwise it's a small knot of people confused as to what they're doing.

YOU NEED:
To have a good idea of your charactor's past, even if it's never gone into.
To have an idea of how your charactor will act around others.
To be IC as soon as you check in with the person trying to keep things rolling (that would be me *points to her graying hair, laugh*)
To be reasonable. If you're gong to bring God-Like powers to kill us all, be evil, and send your minions.
To keep it toned-down, and be respectful.

Treat the ship like a ship, have real jobs other than being a hunter/ranger/force.
For example, Myrci repairs fighters when she's not hunting.
You can be new to the ship, live on the ship, whatever. Just be ready to go In Character.
If we can all manage to do this, it'll work better.

I'm sorry if this post sounds abrasive, last night was not a good one. For future refrence, if a RP night is coming up, I'll try to post that day with the time and date, but if I don't, it'll be up to you to look back through the posts for the information.

Tonight, we'll try to get this ball rolling on the
Umnbriel, Deck 8, Lobby 5; at 250beats.
This is for Monday, 3/12/2001.

IceBlink
Mar 12, 2001, 09:56 PM
Hmm... Umnbriel, deck 8, lobby 5... oh crud, it's on Monday. >_<

Ah well... I would have jumped at the oppotunity to actually role-play my character... only it's on a weekday, plus, I'm a UK person, so that sort of makes the time tricky. ^_^;

If anyone is willing to RP on Friday or Saturday, at the place listed above (hey, maybe 'claim' it as "Myrci's RP Room" or something ^_^), on 10pmGMT time... (around 5-6pm for US people?), then I'm game. ^_^

Oh well, customising my shortcuts just to sound more RP-like. ^_^ And history... heh, anyone willing to diverge a part of their character's backgrounds here? It might give people some ideas...

MyrciVoid
Mar 13, 2001, 02:05 AM
Hmm.. lessie.. ^_^

Name: Myrci Void
ID: Viridia
Date of birth: unknown
Place of birth: unknown
Classification: HUnewearl
Jobs: Various repair work, from small fighters to complex android matenance; also a Hunter for hire.
Demenor: Chaotic and unpredictable.
Personality: Cold and abrasive, Greedy.
Weapon of choice: Blade Dance, Berdys
Weapon most commonly used: Varista, Hell Gladius
Background:
Myrci has no memory of her life previous of boarding Pioneer2 due to an accient that occured when repairing an android.
She has a driving desire to find Red Ring Rico due to her lack of knowledge of the woman, and why she carries a picture of the two of them on her person.
Having little knowledge of who she really is, Myrci is often cold to people she doesn't know well, taking out her lack of memory on others. She will often stand silently to look at Ragol, deep in thought.
Unable to find her records anywhere on the computer database, Myrci is further at a loss for information. She has a small note on her current record that mentions the attempt to go back to earth on a stolen shuttle.
Myrci has an odd respect for the life on Ragol, though she frequents the Ruins like no other place, studying the alien creatures, looking for any trace of Rico.
She has been known to take any job for the right amount of meseta, and it's been lightly rumored that she may join or is a part of Black Paper.
The few people that gain Myrci's respect will find themselves feircly protected or backed if ever in need of it.
Myrci, to her knowledge, has never entered a relationship, and doesn't wish to, prefering to stay cold and callus and just do her job.

More will be added occasionally, I may well keep an updated page on her at my website. Who knows? Hope this helps.

MyrciVoid
Mar 13, 2001, 06:24 AM
I'd like to explain why I wasn't present tonight, and appologize. I have the connecton from hell, and when it decides not to work, I can't get online. How am I posting this, you ask? This screen is saved in my cache, I'm typing this offline. when I send, hopefully, it'll connect long enough to push this through. I am sorry. next session will be next weekend. Till then, if anyone wants to do a text based psorp, email/im me, and we'll get started. ^_^

Azel-SummErs
Mar 13, 2001, 06:39 AM
Here's my take.
I'm new to this board BTW. But I've logged on to PSO for around 80 odd hrs....lost my last character as my three yr old DC went BOOOOOOOM@!!!!~~~~

Anyway, I like this RP aspect.
So, I'm gonna insert my two cents here.

Name: Azel SummErs
ID: Viridia
Date of birth: 10/9/77
Place of birth: earth
Classification: Humar
Jobs: Social worker, hunter for hire

Personality: warm, invites confidence, generous, always reaching out a helping hand.

Weapon of choice: no preferences

Weapon most commonly used: situation dictates

Background:
The only adopted child of the famous Summers family.

The Summers family are world reknown for their wealth and their generosity. More importantly, each member of the famly are reknown for their magical abilities, which were used to combat evil.

Azel was a homeless child, living on the streets since he was 7 yrs old. His parents were killed in a earth quake.

Living on the streets, Azel was forced to 'grow'. Unlike many who had normal childhood, his daily activity usually consisted on 'how to find money', 'how to find food', 'where to sleep'.

He's envious of kids who has a family.

However, his life took a turn for the better when he was 11.

In a rather desperate attempt to feed the younger children , he lead a group of kids and tried to rob Yusze Summers.

At age 16, Yusze had no control over her powerful abilities. In a moment of fear, she unleashed a devastating attack. Instead of takign cover, Azel stood over a weaker child and covered over him. The attack nearly killed Azel.

With quick thinking, Yusze brought him home to be healed by his uncle. Stephen sensed a good soul in Azel. Upon further investigation, he discovered Azel's background and reasons for doing trying to rob Yusze.

He then adopted Azel, believing Azel's existence is a sign of importance.

Since then, Azel has grown up to be a skillful hunter. Unlike his family, he has only normal magical abilities. However, he has a strong instinct for survival, extremely skillful with guns n blades.

For a while, Azel forgot about his roots. Choosing to concentrate on his new life.

Azel also started to be romantically involved with Yusze. For years, both were head over heels over each other. However, unknown to him, Yusze was already arranged to be married to another man, in order to greater the magical abilities of the Summers bloodline.
After the marraige, the Summers family were asked by the government to board Pioneer 1 and help protect the local on Ragol.

Feeling betrayed that his adopted family did not fight for him, he left and disappeared into the streets again, much to the dissapointment of Stephen.

From then onwards, his sole focus was to ensure the safety of the homeless people. He donated his earnings to constructing buildings, hiring doctors and people to take care of the homeless. There, he felt he found his true family.

One day, he recieved a message from Yusze, telling him she's broken away from the family, asking him to join her at Ragol.

Deciding Ragol would be an easier place for his new family to start afresh, he took all of them aboard Pioneer 2, looking towards the future.

More importantly, he would finally be able to be with Yusze once again.

With the explosion shaking Ragol, Azel has left his social work with another person, concentrating on finding the missing Yusze and his adopted family.

However, with little hint on what has happened, Azel's faith is starting to fade.

(oh my god....I cannot believed I made all these up in ten mins....excuse my poor story telling abilities)

Sheogorath
Mar 13, 2001, 07:04 AM
I sent you an Email Myrci, detailing my story, but I suppose I'll re-post it here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Name: Sheogorath
Section ID: Purplenum
Race: Android
Birthplace: Basement lab of Dr. Tonsai

Story:

Dr. Tonsai, once a famous scientist, was perhaps more well known for neglecting his only daughter, Faydra. Although Faydra was well behaved, she was often left home with uncaring babysitters since, after her mother passed away when she was 5, her father withdrew into his work at "Droid-technix" (Once the largest maker of droid parts) rather then spend time with his lovely little girl.

Through the years, Faydra picked up on what her father was doing, and began to build her own droids. eventually, she came up with the perfect way to end her loneliness:

create a playmate.

Faydra, using the scraps of metal and machinery left in her father's private work room, crafted a "playmate" to keep her company when her dad was away, and although not what she wanted, she was happy to have someone to share her emotions and feelings with. That is, until her world came crashing down on her....

Droid-Technix rival company, "Neo-chip Inc." hired corporate assasins to kidnap Dr. Tonsai, and planned to force all his companies secrets from him, or kill him if he resisted.

Faydra, her heart cold and unfeeling from years of neglect, went off the edge. She ordered her playmate, whom she called "Sheogorath" (Only Faydra knows what the name meant....) to get back her father, and do whatever it took to save him.

Sheogorath confronted the kidnappers, but due to years of living with the young girl Faydra, he had grown soft, and could not bring himself to murder a person. He hesitated, and the kidnappers, out of fear, shot Dr. Tonsai...

Faydra reportedly commited suicide, but before doing so, dismantled Sheogorath and left him in a scrap yard on the edge of town.

That is, until the owner of said scrap yard rebuilt him to serve as the night guardsmen while the owner was away. However, Sheo's memory of Faydra and Dr. Tonsai was intact...he left in secret that night, leaving his job at the scrap yard behind. He then joined the local chapter of the hunter's guild, hoping to "make up" for the sin he commited....

Sheogorath does not know that Faydra ended her life, and yet, still seeks her out, hoping to find her and tell her how bad he feels....

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Sheogorath on 2001-03-13 04:05 ]</font>

IceBlink
Mar 13, 2001, 11:14 PM
On 2001-03-12 23:05, MyrciVoid wrote:
Hmm.. lessie.. ^_^

-snip-

More will be added occasionally, I may well keep an updated page on her at my website. Who knows? Hope this helps.

Yep, it helped a lot. ^_^

My turn... ^_^

Codename: IceBlink
Section ID: WHITILL
Date of birth: Not given
Place of birth: Unknown
Known Relatives: Older sister (alias unknown, possibly deceased), 'Mama Sara' (RAcaseal, retired from active service, currently MIA)
Profession: HUmar
Jobs: Freelance hunter, repair androids at the medical hospital on Pioneer-2
Personality: Accepting of situations, different persona for different occasions
Personality in Combat:
1) Sometimes reckless, will often fight to the end with a melee weapon, even if nearly dying.
2) Will pick off enemies with a gun and stay out of melee combat, instead, focusing on sniping enemies.
3) A combination of the above
4) Will attempt to aid teammates if they require it and get out of combat himself to perform task such as healing or resurrecting
Weapons of choice: Standard Railgun and Pallasch, may occasionally use a Photon Claw for battle
History:
IceBlink grew up on his original home planet with his sister, who sought to protect him from any harm when growing up. If he was in trouble, his sister would bail him out, if he was bullied, his sister would put a stop to it. His parents had fallen prey to a strange sickness, and rather than risk being seperated by the government if sent to a ophanage, the android Sara, a former RAcaseal in the service of their family, took the two children and raised them up as her own.

Life was harsh, due to their surroundings on their planet, and as a result, the two grew up around weaponry and force techniques. Both chilren were skilled, but the sister found more delight in the world of forces, while the younger brother, found close-combat weapons to be his choice.

Then, things happened as the Pioneer-1 ship was created, and IceBlink's sister decided to follow Pioneer-1 to check out the new planet to determine if it was safe enough for her small family to live on.

IceBlink kept in contact with his sister via the Net, as she trained him in force techniques using holo-images, and with Sara teaching him the advanced physical aspects of fighting...

... Until one day, the messages stopped. Boarding Pioneer-2 with Sara at the age of 12, IceBlink continued training with his 'mother', until close to the present day.

IceBlink was looking forward to landing on the planet, when the RAcaseal knocked him out unexpectedly, for his own protection. Sara had decided on looking for the missing sister herself, and to keep IceBlink safe, she would attempt to prevent him from leaving Pioneer-2.

No word has come back of either.

IceBlink, now alone, attempts to live his life, finding a fulfillment in accepting requests to the planet Ragol. He knows that Sara and his sister are somewhere on the planet, and refuses to give up hope that they are dead.

It is at this time that IceBlink adopted the name he uses today, as his main element of forces was 'ice', and with a 'blink' his personality could change dramatically, from a friendly face to emotionless. And taking the whitill section ID Sara left for him, along with her present of a photon claw, which she herself used, he changed his clothing and armour accordingly to the colours of snow.

For to feel nothing, to not be held back by emotions, one must be as cold as ice...

- - -

Eh, this was quite fun, actually. ^_^

Who knows, maybe I'll write a original fic on this... ^_^;

Ratsmack
Mar 14, 2001, 12:47 AM
Sorry, too lazy and...well, unoriginal to write out a profile. But gimme a non-beat time and I'll TRY (note: TRY) to be there.

Ledin
Mar 15, 2001, 08:20 AM
I'd like to roleplay! I can't stand it when people ask me the general a/s/l and that's it... then we go killing some monsters... *sigh*

Anyway, since I'm in Europe I might have some problems meeting you... when are you online CTS time? ^^;

Niko~

magenta
Mar 15, 2001, 11:39 AM
role playing..
ohh.. definetly

although sometimes i add a bit of humour to my character..

magenta
Mar 16, 2001, 09:50 AM
okkk

my character:::

-----------
name: dr. magenta manson

occupational: physicist at the University of Artphiloscin (**art - philosophy - science **)

hobbies: reading science & contemporary literature, stand up comedy, keep fit, and proud member of pioneer 2 weightwatchers association.

background:

born into a dysnfunctional family of intellectually gifted folk, magenta found it hard to fit into society. although her academic progression was brilliant and unsurpassed, she was somewhat constantly mocked for her calculative, emotionally deprived persona. teetering on brink of defeat in her attempts to socialise with the rest of the staff (and even students) she broke down in one of her lectures.

it was then she met a young woman, diana spencer, one of her applied physics students, who consoled her. eventually the two became good friends, and miracously m manson gained a sense of humour from their outings to the comedy clubs dotted around in pioneer 2's brown sector.

but then pioneer 2 arrived in orbit round the planet of ragol, where upon emimnent contact of the inhabitants of pioneer 1, a large explosion came about, engulfing pioneer 1. shock and horror swept throughout pioneer 2. Diana spencer was especially distraught as she has friends and family on ragol. not to mention her being a part time voluntary worker for orphaned childern gave her more impetus to investigate the occurence.

She asked manson for help, but magenta flatly refused, stating that it should be left to the professionals who are trained to the task. But for diana it wasnt reason enough, and thus left without manson's knowlege, but not without first compiling a message to magenta listing her objectives for the investigation.

Upon hearing this magenta was overcome with panic, and hired hunters for to look for her. she waited hours, and those hours became days, and days into weeks. With hunters reporting scant signs of her friend, and when news broke about the marauding monsters inhabiting ragol, magenta became even more distressed.

Ulitmately Magenta felt herself to blame for the lost of her good pupil, and her one good friend. but the news of possible survivors of the explosion gave magenta hope that diana is still alive. Thus she gathered all her courage, and set up her objectives. one to rescue diana, two to destroy all monsters who get in her way..

-----------

tadaaa..
hmm i cant believe i did it..
but thats my characte profile..
feels good now to have done it.

oh well.

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: magenta on 2001-03-16 06:55 ]</font>

Burnside
Mar 22, 2001, 07:31 PM
Well..I wanted to RP and Sheo's here, so you know.. I gotta try to match up to the fridgerator!
Name: Emeperor Rage
ID: Pinkal
Date of birth: 7/10/????
Place of birth: Akai Bara Garden
Classification: HUmar
Jobs: Ruler of Sector B Ruins, Also known as Sky Dragon
Demenor: Overbaring, full of himself.
Personality: Tempered being, Quiet
Weapon of choice: Hell Gungir, Burning Calibur, Delsaber
Weapon most commonly used: Delsaber, Hell Gungir
Background:
Rage real name was Akai. The Emperor of Akai Bara Gardens, a long strip of islands which were known for their Red Roses and Sword trainning. He wished to be a hunter, but his parents refused his wish. After leaving at a teen, he was only known as RAGE. Traveling with his hell gungir, he helped those in need and such, but he was called to Pioneer-2 along with the rest to leave that lovly rose garden..
The only thing that settle the rage in him was the images of the one he wished to marry, known as Rico, "Red Ring Rico". Hearing the news of the explosion, Rage has flipped and gone mad, killing every monster in his path til he finds his love one..

KLin-304
Mar 25, 2001, 12:05 AM
Name: LIna304 (Technically pronounced el-one-en-eh-san-zero-shi, but she likes being called Lina)
SectionID: ORAN
Age: 19 years, 0 months, 20days, 12 hours, 30 min, and 4.04 seconds.
Date of Construction: March 4, 1982 (If the current date was March 24, 2001)
Place of Construction: Capsule 304, Silicon Valley, California, United States, Earth (Or the equivalent of such places. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif )
Classification: RAcaseal
Jobs: Interpreter, Heroine, (updated miscellaneous profession: guitarist/vocalist)
Demeanor: Happy, Ditzy, Bubbly
Weapons of Choice: Crush Bullet, Photon Claw, Gush Vulcan, Blizzard Diska, and Arrest Arms, Brave Knuckle, Del Saber Buster, Double Saber
Weapons most commonly used: Crush Bullet and Photon Claw
Favorite food: Battery Fluid of Garanz, a High level Resta tech, DEF Material
Quote: ?I might be cute and yellow, but I?m definately not a Rag Rappy?

Background:
LIna304 was built apparently as a diplomatic language interpreter android. She was designed to look and act human in order to improve her diplomatic ability to interact with foreign persons of importance. She is Made in USA despite the fact that many of her parts are likely of Japanese manufacture. Despite her attitude and general peacefulness, she is a skilled fighter thanks to being built with many imported armor units created from the extremely rare and expensive so-called ?god minerals? sought all over the universe for their amazing qualities and properties. It is also possible she acted as a spy for the govenment given her programmed talents.

Not long before the creation of the Pioneer 1, Androids gained universal independence and Lina was discharged from the government agency she was working for. During the discharge, her memory was selectively erased so that she would retain no knowledge of top secret data. However, there was one file that could not be erased without erasing her personality as it was linked with the technology that created her. In the end a partial deletion resulted in the erasure of most of the secret information about the technology involved in her design and a slight glitch in her processors. This turned her into a silly ditz although there are times when she would display some of her old intelligence. Luckily all of her skills survived intact and she was able to survive the dangers involved in the second exploration of Ralgol.

Lately, she has come across information that points to the fact that engineers involved in the technology used to create her were onboard the Pioneer 1. And that they worked on colonizing the planet before the arrival of the Pioneer 2. It is likely that they created more 304 model androids away from the restrictions they would have had to work under if they had not migrated to the newly discovered Ralgol. Lina feels a compulsion to find her alien brothers and sisters, and will journey to the ends of Ralgol in order to find them. The rest of her time, however is spent trying to act as a moderator between the other quarellous inhabitants of the Pioneer 2 using her infectious cheerful attitude. However, it seems there is still a great amount of distrust amongst the colonists and there are still covert organizations trying to stir chaos and undermine the efforts of groups who wish to cooperate to coloninze the world of Ralgol. Only time will tell what Lina?s future holds.

Updated: Lina has begun working in the KR[cube], one of the numerous bars on the Pioneer 2 as an entertainer. It appears she had latent musical programs that have only begun resurfacing now. Her instrument of choice is a highly modified electric guitar modeled after the one used by the rhythm guitarist of an old disbanded Japanese Rock band. Her spritely Japanese rockish songs are slowly gathering a small following of fans. Her music is reminiscent of that of the old female J-Girl-Rock artist Aikawa Nanase.
[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: KLin-304 on 2001-04-11 19:05 ]</font>

Ezekiel
Mar 28, 2001, 05:11 PM
I like acting like my character, it's just that nobody else does it. It really makes the game more fun, as it adds..... umm.. character to the game. I usually stay in Ophelia, but i tend to just "go where-ever" and i might be in other, random ships/rooms.
Ezekiel, lvl 30-something HuCast

saintofkillahz
Apr 7, 2001, 11:40 AM
I'd be happy to role play any time. I'm not really confined to one ship, though. If anyone reads this e-mail me at "[email protected]" and I'll reply with character background and anything else you wanna know.

Dragon-Ibuki
Apr 7, 2001, 05:52 PM
Oooh, I really wanna roleplay, where is everyone when it happens?!
Name : Melody Dragonmire Celestiarke
Place of Birth : Dravenia galaxy, Colony 863
Mother : Ariana Dragonmire, Fonemarl
Father : Jorin Celestiarke, Ranger

Melody was happily born in the Dravenia galaxy, Colony 863 to the proud parents of Ariana and Jorin Celestiarke. Her parents were apprenticed scientists under the famed Dr. Montague, so Melody's stay on Colony 863 didn't last nearly as long as she had wished. Her mother studied planetary botony, her father animal and alien zoology. Upon reaching her 8th birthday, her mother and father were assigned to Pioneer 1's crew on an exploratory mission to Ragol. Melody was left under the care of Dr. Montague and Elanor. As the years passed, Melody heard from her parents less and less frequently until the day the bees completely stopped coming. Dr. Montague and Elanor boarded Pioneer 2 in hopes of not only finding out what happened on Ragol, but perhaps to find the Celestiarkes as well. Melody was left to stay in the Raziellen galaxy, Colony 441. She didn't bother staying and eventually snuck on board the ship posing as one of Dr. Montague's apprentices. This wasn't hard for her since she was learning from him anyhow. Now she's on Pioneer 2, and ready to find out the truth. She's learned much of alien life and what other sciences she could from the Doc, and from Elanor, a sense of respect, justice, and duty to friends. Not only that but how to use weaponry since her spell casting abilities aren't all that great. She's a horrible aim, but she tries. Now all it takes are a good team, clues, and the ever growing hope that if she can't find her mother and father, she'll at least find the truth as to their disappearance.

Dragon-Ibuki
Apr 7, 2001, 05:54 PM
Oh yes, she loves her pet mag Ravana which keeps an ever vigilant 'eye' on her. She is secretly a princess too, but we'll let yu figure out the rest of the story when yu meet her. Till then, hope to RP with ya all.

Wien
Apr 11, 2001, 09:51 AM
Hi. I'm intersted in playing with u guys. When I first got PSO I thought all players would roleplay thier characters. Looks like I was wrong. I was so disapionted. Befor I even got PSO I several characters planed. Thats why I glade I found players like u guys