PDA

View Full Version : should I buy the PSP2 UMD or wait for a PSP2i patch? :/

Darkus
Jan 6, 2012, 08:28 PM
my local game store is selling them and I'm quite sure it will be sold out soon. I can't even get it from the PSN anymore so this might be my only chance to get this game... however... should I get it? Like when will SEGA stop supporting the servers? is it worth getting even though infinity is way better? (at least that's what I hear)

thanks in advance.

Dhylec
Jan 6, 2012, 08:30 PM
If the patch works, then by all mean: Infinity. If language isn't your big, big problem, Infinity is still the option.

Akaimizu
Jan 7, 2012, 07:24 AM
Also take note that one of the best qualities of the portable Phantasy Star games. (Namely Phantasy Star Zero/PSP2/ and PSP2i) is that they have enough options for playing with friends that you still have options whether SEGA's servers are still live or not. Fortunately, the portable servers seem to take so little resource, SEGA currently isn't concerned with shutting down the servers.

I technically want to get infinity, but I also want to get it for digital download. I never got one of those JPN PSN cards yet, so I'll be trying that out for the first time.

Nidramag
Jan 7, 2012, 12:25 PM
Buy PSP2i, wait for patch to come out. The language doesn't really hinder gameplay, and anything you need to know there is Devifox's MASSIVE translation guide

Darkus
Jan 8, 2012, 09:48 AM
thanks for all the responses! a friend is buying me PSP2 as a gift xD oh well. I'll save my money for infinity. I hope the patch will be out soon x/

Artbox
Jan 8, 2012, 11:55 AM
What is this patch everyone is talking about?? Thanks!

Nidramag
Jan 8, 2012, 12:36 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191415