PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Quick Poll Question For People With Multiple Characters

Miki~
Jan 7, 2012, 09:41 PM
If you have alts do you invite them to parties when you play offline or do you use alts to train a lower level alt? I personally will sometimes bring them as meat shields and /or to train a lower leveled one. The lower level will take a high level mission, use zalure on all the enemies in a mission and let the higher level alts take care of the monsters.

blace
Jan 7, 2012, 09:54 PM
I do the same, mainly because my higher leveled chararacters are outfitted with equipment that offers support. It's he closest thing to having another player when you don't want to go online.

Miki~
Jan 7, 2012, 10:00 PM
I do the same, mainly because my higher leveled chararacters are outfitted with equipment that offers support. It's he closest thing to having another player when you don't want to go online.

True. I have a lvl3 character i'm going to get around to training sometme in the future. Kind of hard to train someone that low online. woud need to wait a few more levels.

Nidramag
Jan 7, 2012, 10:13 PM
How exactly DO you use yourself or your friends as a partner... I been confused

blace
Jan 7, 2012, 10:18 PM
How exactly DO you use yourself or your friends as a partner... I been confused

I can't exactly list it off the top of my head, but you can invite them the same way you invite NPCs and it's only in Infinity.

Leveling a low character online is harsh especially with the amount of hackers in the US/EU servers and yet I managed to get three of them to at least 50 before having to wait around for a room that actually plays to show up.

Nidramag
Jan 7, 2012, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I know it's in infinity...
But I need to know the menu or something... is it online only?

Miki~
Jan 7, 2012, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I know it's in infinity...
But I need to know the menu or something... is it online only?

nope you can invite alts in any mode. Go to to I think the second option after the one for inventory. The top option allows you to invite characters. When you click it you get three sections. the first section is for story npcs, the second one is for your alt characters and the third is for friend characters you have received.

EDIT:
Please refer to this picture for reference taken from the blog (bumped.org), it is not my picture. (if anyone objects to me using it, i will take it down)

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Party-Menu.jpg
Top story npc
middle alts
bottom friend cards

Noblewine
Jan 7, 2012, 10:50 PM
I level my alts the normal way offline but I would love to see what its like to play along side your alts. I have a feeling though that they are going to die alot regardless of their level and perform the same as the NPC characters.

Miki~
Jan 7, 2012, 10:55 PM
I level my alts the normal way offline but I would love to see what its like to play along side your alts. I have a feeling though that they are going to die alot regardless of their level and perform the same as the NPC characters.

They have their good points. You can now tell them to chain for you. All of my characters have a rod equipped and they're pretty good about using giresta. I dont know if letting them use foverse is a good idea or not. I've seen one alt spam it once. oh and if you get one of those urgent missions where you have to ue the photon reflectors/erasers its not a big deal if you dont have one as alts will always pull one out and get rid of iti for you. so far my only annoyance with them is that they will sometimes cast a buff when I'm using one of my forces. If i'm not using a force i dont care as much but when I am, I always reapply it (unless it was done by my other force).

EDIT: I should add about the photon erasers thing. In one urgent i could not get them to destroy a crystal in a neudaiz urgent (flowers of ice or something like that) because two of teh crystals were too far away for them and alts arent smarrt enough to know that you have to form a chain of people with one character hitting another to form one big line to get the crystal broken

Noblewine
Jan 7, 2012, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=Miki~;2710705] You can now tell them to chain for you. [QUOTE]

I forgot about that. As long as they chain instead of aggring everything I keep a few with me. As long as they don't die every 3 or 5 secs. If I have to give them a tech mag or rod to keep them alive that might be a problem.

blace
Jan 7, 2012, 11:12 PM
My Cast has a problem whenever I invite her to the party, she seems to always spam Shifta/Deband followed by Resta whenever I take a hit. At least they all have rods equipped and can heal themselves, just that Shifta/Deband spam gets really annoying quick.

Miki~
Jan 7, 2012, 11:13 PM
[QUOTE=Miki~;2710705] You can now tell them to chain for you. [QUOTE]

I forgot about that. As long as they chain instead of aggring everything I keep a few with me. As long as they don't die every 3 or 5 secs. If I have to give them a tech mag or rod to keep them alive that might be a problem.

If I were you, I would try to keep the alts that are around my own level unless I'm training. Forces tend to heal more. My alts dont die every a lot but they do sometimes. Keep in mind that when you bring in alts, they get an hp boost, not sure of the exact number. I sometimes heal alts in between monsters but i wouldnt worry about healing them too much. I think alts automatically get wands or something with resta if you dont equip them with one I could be wrong about that but when i was still playing the demo (didnt have my save converted so was using temporary alts who I didnt keep) I swear some of them pulled out rods that i didnt remember giving them in the first place.

My Cast has a problem whenever I invite her to the party, she seems to always spam Shifta/Deband followed by Resta whenever I take a hit. At least they all have rods equipped and can heal themselves, just that Shifta/Deband spam gets really annoying quick.

Do you use her a lot? Maybe try unequipping shifta/deband when you're not using her but that coud get annoying to have to add and take off if you use her a lot.

Noblewine
Jan 7, 2012, 11:31 PM
[quote=Noblewine;2710708][QUOTE=Miki~;2710705] You can now tell them to chain for you.

If I were you, I would try to keep the alts that are around my own level unless I'm training. Forces tend to heal more. My alts dont die every a lot but they do sometimes. Keep in mind that when you bring in alts, they get an hp boost, not sure of the exact number. I sometimes heal alts in between monsters but i wouldnt worry about healing them too much. I think alts automatically get wands or something with resta if you dont equip them with one I could be wrong about that but when i was still playing the demo (didnt have my save converted so was using temporary alts who I didnt keep) I swear some of them pulled out rods that i didnt remember giving them in the first place.

I just recreated a character on psp2, my newest one, Aelita, is close to lv 40 but I can get her to 100 if I just spam open missions and story mode. I just use NPC characters since they fork over skill disc or items to compensate for hunting stuff.

Miki~
Jan 7, 2012, 11:39 PM
I just recreated a character on psp2, my newest one, Aelita, is close to lv 40 but I can get her to 100 if I just spam open missions and story mode. I just use NPC characters since they fork over skill disc or items to compensate for hunting stuff.

I know this is off topic but have you ever heard of the show code lyoko?

Mike
Jan 7, 2012, 11:46 PM
If you're goingn to nest quotes, make sure to close them all.

AsuravonD
Jan 8, 2012, 10:44 AM
Yup, I mostly use my alts to help out my newman on GH b/c of...ya she'll die quickly
So I get at least one hit in then let my alts do the work XD

Alisha
Jan 8, 2012, 11:27 AM
one time Lyca cast foverse then just stood around :(

Sara-hime
Jan 8, 2012, 02:12 PM
That sounds like a pretty neat feature! So is this how people have been able to take screenshots with ALL their characters at the same time? Now I want Infinity more than ever! Help to train my low level characters? Yes please!

Miki~
Jan 8, 2012, 02:40 PM
That sounds like a pretty neat feature! So is this how people have been able to take screenshots with ALL their characters at the same time? Now I want Infinity more than ever! Help to train my low level characters? Yes please!

mhmm. you can get screenshots by inviting the characters you want, then by taking the pictures. I would make sure to have jellen or zalure (now works on the first try most of the time) on the low levels so they can tag for exp. Too bad alts cant get exp if they're used as npcs but not the end of the world.

darkante
Jan 8, 2012, 04:39 PM
Would bring them with me if i had some in the higher levels.
So itīs mostly for lower levels atm.

IsaacGravity
Jan 8, 2012, 06:32 PM
At the moment it's to raise my lower levels chars enough so they can stand on their own and get to their own tasks. Eventually, it'll be pumping in the work needed to make that support oriented chara version of the GH 434 I've been meaning to do since its (somewhat) possible now.

Scale of Judgment
Jan 8, 2012, 06:46 PM
Actually, I told people I've played with this. If I ever do come to infinity. I plan on getting their partner cards so I can recruit them for the party and lead them to death by spikes. I would screenshot it and then post it online >.>
I guess that's a no to using alts to leveling...

baka_usagi
Jan 8, 2012, 07:59 PM
Actually, I told people I've played with this. If I ever do come to infinity. I plan on getting their partner cards so I can recruit them for the party and lead them to death by spikes. I would screenshot it and then post it online >.>
I guess that's a no to using alts to leveling...

I'll be sure not give any of my chars S-cards to you.....

Scale of Judgment
Jan 8, 2012, 08:55 PM
I'll be sure not give any of my chars S-cards to you.....

But we're friends...*Looks up friends in dictionary* Yeah, that word! Free ends! What type of Free end would I not give if you were not a free end?

Miki~
Feb 14, 2012, 05:20 PM
oy apparently my beast (npc) thinks its a good idea to nanoblast right when the last enemy of a sector dies >.<. Not the first time i've witnessed alts wasting their blasts.