PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Post your support characters

Kurosu
Jan 8, 2012, 04:43 PM
Inspired by the other thread about alts, and also to fuel my quest on trying to make these boards a bit more active and interesting, what kinda setups do you have on your support characters?

I'll post a full setup later, but I usually go with an R-mag/wand combo.

Feel free to post your own setups (race/type/rebirths/equipment/abilities etc)

Edit:

A bit more info:

-Your own characters' levels stay as they are when used as a SC, friend characters' levels are matched to your player character's level
-Your own characters' hit points are multiplied by 4 when you use them as a SC
-Friend characters' HP are boosted x5
-Their PP is unlimited
-ATP and TEC are set to 70% of their original value, ATA doesn't seem to be changed
-Short cut orders such as Attack Shift, Shooter Sight and Free Order don't do anything, their conduct is based on what kind of weapons you have in your palette (if equal, the precedence order goes melee>ranged>tech)
-You can still use Follow Shift so they don't break chains though

For a good support character I would use:

-Maxed out in the important stats through rebirths (HP/ATP/DEF/ATA/TEC). They won't do a lot of damage, but anything extra is better than nothing, and it's important that they have high enough stats so their attacks don't get evaded, or hit for 0 damage which results in no chain bonus.
-High level if it's one of your own characters
-Left hand: one of the high rank R-Mags; currently I use Eleanor, but one of the rank 16 ones is fine too
-Right hand: anything that chains well, such as a wand, or a whip, slicer. For the wand user I would put a good chaining spell such as Sa Barta on one side, and Zalure on the other side, so he can lower the defenses of your opponents periodically
-Line shield: Infinite armour, because it gives important stat bonuses, and has the best defensive values overall. Other line shields that give a big set boost to your weapon would work too
-Stat/protection units: no effect
-Ability wise I would put:
*HP Restorate: heals a lot because of their boosted HP
*Elemental hit: if you have good effects on your weapons
*Any skills that increase their damage: such as ATP/ATA boosts, weapon boosts. As mentioned before, anything is better than nothing.
*Stuff I wouldn't use: Photon barrier, some people like this, but I don't see the point of it. They are naturally tough enough to survive almost anything, especially with HP Restorate. The attacks that kill them are usually 1HKO moves from bosses or aura boosted monsters, which this skill won't help against.

Having 3 support characters set up properly means your solo runs will be a lot more effective, since they are very adept at chaining and dealing some damage.

Miki~
Jan 8, 2012, 05:59 PM
I prefer to just leave whatever weapons they have on them. They still get in good chains because of it. I try not to let my forces have sazonde when using as npcs, as enemies getting thrown in the air constantly can be annoying to me.

Kurosu
Jan 10, 2012, 08:55 AM
The main disadvantage with letting your supports having a full palette is that they just aren't as effective as a dedicated chaining setup, because they don't attack continuously as player characters do.

The R-Mag is a workaround for this, since it fires automatically. The good ones like Eleanor have a pretty good firing rate, if you have 3 support characters with a dedicated chaining setup, they can build a 60+ chain quite quickly.

Of course they are still not as good as a skilled human controlled ally, but in many cases I actually prefer supports to public players. :P

Kurosu
Jan 11, 2012, 12:38 PM
Added my setup in the first post.

Leon-Sky
Jan 29, 2012, 06:56 AM
hmm you're correct that's a good set up but it needs time to level up another character especially when you are concentrating to one only. But yeah its a good set up.

Wavemaster Elk
Jan 29, 2012, 04:34 PM
Since I play my force like a white Mage (buff debuff healing light chain building). I usually like to have 2 hunters with heavy and light hitting weapons. Then a vanguard with any weapon and a wand for quick status healing and such. I don't like when melee characters have rods because when you get hit they drop what they are doing to heal you. Which causes the monster they are fighting to come at you.

Miki~
Jan 29, 2012, 05:49 PM
Since I play my force like a white Mage (buff debuff healing light chain building). I usually like to have 2 hunters with heavy and light hitting weapons. Then a vanguard with any weapon and a wand for quick status healing and such. I don't like when melee characters have rods because when you get hit they drop what they are doing to heal you. Which causes the monster they are fighting to come at you.

if you give another force debuffs they will spam them. I have seen my main (as an npc) spam zalure once while running. If the debuff system was like psp2 vanillas it'd be more useful but in infinity most monsters are debuffed within the first casting.

Leon-Sky
Jan 30, 2012, 10:46 PM
I'm making force human female right now as a support character (fun!) with the right set up I hope she will chain like wow. Rmag on the left hand and right hand is spamming of Sa zonde. hmm is zalure and sa barta are better?

Wavemaster Elk
Jan 31, 2012, 10:49 AM
Sazonde is good for chaining but it bounces stuff. Sabarta chains without the bouncing and zalure is fine.

Miki~
Jan 31, 2012, 05:00 PM
I don't like when melee characters have rods because when you get hit they drop what they are doing to heal you. Which causes the monster they are fighting to come at you.

I acutally dont mind my npcs having rods if I'm training my duman who is squishy as heck. She's a force herself but I dont mind getting healed if I need it.

Kurosu
Feb 1, 2012, 07:19 AM
I'm making force human female right now as a support character (fun!) with the right set up I hope she will chain like wow. Rmag on the left hand and right hand is spamming of Sa zonde. hmm is zalure and sa barta are better?

Yep, I never use Sa Zonde because the way it makes your target bounce is super annoying for melee characters and the like, it actually slows your killing speed down.

You don't necessarily need 3 guys with a R-mag/wand combo though, something such as a whip works fine as well.

And if it's your own character, I recommend removing the PA links from their weapon, so you don't have to change their order to Follow Shift every time, saves you some trouble if you're doing repeated runs.

Leon-Sky
Feb 1, 2012, 10:04 PM
Sazonde is good for chaining but it bounces stuff. Sabarta chains without the bouncing and zalure is fine.

correct.... now I just need time to level my lvl 88 Force for SC. It takes time though but its worth it. I really miss my Racast.

Miki~
Feb 3, 2012, 08:14 PM
another idea for scs. have your humans/newmans use lightning mirage. That can help with chaining.

Leon-Sky
Feb 4, 2012, 08:30 PM
Lightning flash! chain chain!