PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a PSO player >.<

Ifrian-x
Jan 8, 2012, 07:35 PM
Long story short :

Back in PSOGC, i had a friend called Gina, from the US.
All her characters were called either Gina/Lady Gina, Coffee , Mocha or similarly Gina/coffee themed names.

Her late email was [email protected] (it has been disabled ages ago, so i can post it without privacy issues)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=7569
This account was made by her, but has been inactive for like a decade.

To make it short, we had a really deep (even if rocky) soulmate-like relationship during all of the GC era and we moved on to pc games / msn / skype as we waited for PSU to be released. (She was an avid Battleon gamer on pc)

However, near the end of PSO, she found out she had cancer, and it got quite agressive during the few months following PSO´s death, so i did not get to talk to her much since she could rarely phone me from the hospital.

Finally, one night, at about 4 AM the phone ringed, but i did not manage to get it on time, so it jumped to voice mail, where a frightened Gina told me to please call her back as she needed my support for that night, that it was the moment to prove she could really count on me irl for what she was going thru, and that i would never see her again if i did not phone back.

Sadly, in her rush, she never told me the phone number to contact her with, and back in those years, phone privacy was really high in Spain so we did not have screening phones and the phone company would not tell me where that call was made from or put me on line with that number, so i was unable to call her back.

I hoped to find her in that one private server since she played it shortly after PSOGC´s closure, and i always chased for her in PSU/AOTI in the PC version, and while i found some people that knew her, none of them held contact with her and was ultimately unable to find her. Google did not help either.

Fastfoward to 2012, and i am yet to hear from her despite searching actively for her during all this years and even finding a number of people who used to play with her back in the day , so as a last resort, i decided to make a thread in this boards hoping for herself, or someone who knows her reads it.

Now, if you know her, know that i do not want to chase or bother her in the new life she has undoubtly crafted for herself, all i want is the confirmation that she overcome her sickness, that she is doing well, and for her to come to know the reason why i never phoned her back, and for her to know that i always cared about her, and hope she does well.

Thank you for your time.

P.S : I apologize if this is not the place for such inquiry, i just hope that you can understand that i had nowhere else to direct myself to, and that as silly as it may sound to some of you, it is really important to me.

NegaTsukasa
Jan 8, 2012, 08:16 PM
Oh man. well, I'll at least give you some advice.

I understand you posting here. and there is nothing wrong about it. the off topic forum MIGHT have been a better place for this since it is more related to a person rather than the actual game.

Anyway, I 100% know how it feels to just have dropped connection with some one like that and then try to re-connect with them. you almost feel as if the friendship just blew up after not talking for so long. I've been through a similar situation minus the gaming spiel. I'm sure you will find her. If you knew her well, some where in the back of your head and with the help of a search engine like google, you should be able to find her through her online alias(s) or even real name.

I'm sure you have archives, or something kept on messenger, skype, phone log, chat service, etc. regarding her? posting here was the right thing to do since she did avidly play PSO at one point. so that's good. your doing things right in the search process.

I do not know her, or pure angel, BUT I think there is a list of members some where on this site you can scroll through that could help you further track down people and have your wishes met.
maybe some one here does know them, or if they are even members on this site.

good luck. :3 and, seriously, I went down this road before. so take it easy and go with the flow of life. don't let it worry you too much or let it throw you off your balance in life. if you can't find her, well... things in life happen for a reason, you just got to learn/ accept them, think positively (like she's not dead or something), and move on. If you're bound to meet her again some day, then it will happen in some form or fashion.

Ifrian-x
Jan 8, 2012, 08:47 PM
I used pretty much all the search engines for over 5 years and sadly i never found anything about her, i did however find a few common friends back in PSU but they knew nothing about her either.

And yes, i used to have her irl adress in my old pc but sadly and following murphy´s law, it died unexpectedly 1 week after the phone call, so i was unable to retrieve it in order to send her a physical letter.

As things stand now, i only have a couple chatlogs i saved and its mostly us just being cuddly to each other, there is absolutely no information i can use to find her.

And yes, i did find her account on this site, but it has been inactive since 2005 or so.

Thank you for your concern, however <3

Ghost Inside
Jan 9, 2012, 02:14 PM
That's so sad... :cry:
*hugs* I hope you'll find her!

Sorry I can't be of help.

murane
Jan 11, 2012, 07:01 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/games4/psogina/html/Comment.html

Did you try [email protected]?

Ifrian-x
Jan 13, 2012, 04:48 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/games4/psogina/html/Comment.html

Did you try [email protected]?

I did try indeed since that e-mail can be found in the website i linked, but both that e-mail and the e-mail i provided have been erased due to inactivity according to yahoo.

Thank you anyway though <3

Ifrian-x
Jun 6, 2012, 10:57 AM
I hope you do not mind me bumping this.
I always have hope that perhaps one day she will notice it :3

Anadventurer
Jun 6, 2012, 12:15 PM
I know how this is. I've played with two friends during different times of PSO and they suddenly vanished too...hope you find her some day.

RezVr2
Jun 18, 2012, 08:01 PM
Did you happen to get her full name?

spade88
Jun 18, 2012, 08:27 PM
I have two friends I use to play with before 2006 on the xbox, but have yet to find either of them yet on here :(

JCGamer
Jun 18, 2012, 08:30 PM
oh this gonna be a hard cases to crack just to find someone. I seen cases like this all the time most them never turn up. your bet is to find the real person Name find out if she have a Facebook or some kinda of Home mailing address. also u have to think to not keep your hope up on it. also you don't want to make your self some kind of stalker^^; I hope and pray that you find your friend wish the best of luck to you and god bless you on your search

Ifrian-x
Jun 19, 2012, 06:50 AM
Thanks for your support everyone.
Well, i do not plan to search for her irl, as just like some of you pointed out, that would be
stalkerish and it´s not like i can impose myself on someone else´s life.

I have this thread in both the forums she used the most and on my website there is an article dedicated to her.

If she ever feels nostalgic and searches me up, i know she will find this stuff.

Other than that, my life goes on xD
Not like i am stuck in the past hehe.

SolaceIX
Jun 19, 2012, 01:12 PM
I'd like to help on this, but I don't know what I can say without breaking any rules, or violating someone's privacy.

However, if you take a lot of the information you DO have. ie; "Gina," "Phantasy Star," "Kentucky," etc... And perhaps have some sort of age range, the search becomes pretty narrow and easy to sift through. Adding "facebook" to your search query within Google gives only one result. *hint hint*

Hope I helped even the smallest bit.

xBladeM6x
Jun 20, 2012, 01:01 AM
I'm imagining that all this time, she moved to where you live, and she's living in the apartment building next to you. Now that, would be amazingly awesome and terrible. Lol. I wish you the best of luck on this whole thing, and hopefully she turns up. It's gotta be hard having that kind of want to see someone, and having almost no way to get to them.

Closure, one of the most important things to the human psyche.

Ifrian-x
Jun 20, 2012, 09:10 AM
I'd like to help on this, but I don't know what I can say without breaking any rules, or violating someone's privacy.

However, if you take a lot of the information you DO have. ie; "Gina," "Phantasy Star," "Kentucky," etc... And perhaps have some sort of age range, the search becomes pretty narrow and easy to sift through. Adding "facebook" to your search query within Google gives only one result. *hint hint*

Hope I helped even the smallest bit.
Hey!
Thank you for your input.

Sadly, those methods were the very first ones i have used and she did not show up D: And that Gina is not her, sadly, "my" gina was dark skinned :3

Cranberry
Jun 20, 2012, 10:56 AM
I hope that you can find the answer. You said she had very aggresive cancer right? You may have to be prepared for the possability that the reason you haven't heard anything may be that she did not survive the cancer. I hate to say it, but this seems the most likely case based on what you've described.

Ifrian-x
Jun 20, 2012, 12:55 PM
I hope that you can find the answer. You said she had very aggresive cancer right? You may have to be prepared for the possability that the reason you haven't heard anything may be that she did not survive the cancer. I hate to say it, but this seems the most likely case based on what you've described.
You are right.

But i just somehow can´t face the idea that she left us heartbroken and believing that i did not care for her.

We all know when you are being operated for such life threatening things, the mood and will of the patient greatly influences the results and the strenght it has.

I could never forgive myself if indirectly, i had caused her to give up.

Ifrian-x
Aug 3, 2013, 10:19 AM
I hope you do not mind me giving this a little bump.
I know the search is almost useless but there´s always hope hehe :3

Kroniedon
Aug 3, 2013, 09:56 PM
I remember seeing this thread when it was first created.. and I'm not sure why I didn't think of it then, but was this Gina from the UK, namely Scotland area? If so, you may want to look for a player who usually goes by the screen name Penny. If I remember correctly, she has a daughter named Gina who used to be an avid PSO Player on GC before her health took a turn for the worse. Her Gina was also dark complected, as her father was from somewhere in Africa (Kenya I believe) if I remember correctly. Of course, it's probably been since 2009 when I last spoke to Penny, but I've heard she still appears on the Westerner GC server that isn't mine from time to time. Hope that helps any at all.

Mitz
Aug 9, 2013, 01:30 PM
This is cute, I love these kinds of threads. It just goes to show how PSO brought people from all over the world together.

kevlar_pso
Aug 11, 2013, 03:40 AM
This almost sounds like a script to a movie. Good luck to you.

Sayuri
Sep 4, 2013, 12:45 AM
any news? i think this thread is inspiring, that you still have hope to talk to her again after so long. i dusted off my psoworld account just so i could comment..

when was the last time you talked to her? do you know how old she was?

DB
Sep 4, 2013, 03:38 PM
Wow, crazy me running into this of all people. I went to her fan site thing and clicked on her friends. I know at least 10 people she listed, and I know for a fact I've played a few rounds with her FOmarls.

If she, or any of those people on her friends list drop me a line, I'll relay a message for you.

Problem is I know at least 6 of those 10 listed people are either very hard to get ahold of, or they have been inactive for as long as I go inactive during periods of time, which is years. I can tell you the easiest person on her list of friends to get ahold of is Lonewolf, as I know for a fact he sometimes ghosts through these forums much like I do to check up.

He might be a great starting point if nothing else ever turns up.

Super Soldier
Sep 4, 2013, 04:29 PM
I was on her friend's list... the FOnewearl gOOglyEyes. I recently dug up old sketches...
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x425/DCUniverseOnline/Phantasy%20Star%20Online/FOnewearlgOOglyEyEs745x1024_zps370e0017-1.jpg
if you look closesly you can see "gOOglyEyEs" lightly scribbled on it

... Ironically, the only sketch I've found that's not posted in my fan art thread happens to have PSOGina's site written on it,

http://www.angelfire.com/games4/psogina/index.html

This page will redirect you to the Video Games and Jello Queens version2 put up by PSO Gina & PSO Mandee. If you google PSO Mandee you can find this archived Sega forums post. http://forums.sega.com/archive/index.php/t-139371.html

In it, she mentions that PSO Gina is her sister and use to play pso, there is also a list of fellow "Jello Queens/friends" you can try to track. Post is dated 2005.

http://forums.sega.com/member.php?23854-PSO-Mandee
There's another msn/email info for youto try, you can read through her posts for more info, you can also check who has visited her profile page for more leads.

Edit - The Jello Queens were:
Mandee
Gina
Lucia
Anastacia
Pinky
Sammantha
Jessica
Leia
Jan
Faye
Tanky

UMVC3_Wolverine
Sep 6, 2013, 02:25 PM
LOL GC pso man wow...That was like 10 years ago.

I knew this person back then. She was pretty popular and had many friends (cuz she was a girl). Are you SURE you had a good relationship with her? Cuz if i'm not mistaken, she dated quite a lot of dudes online Haha.

That's real talk homie.

Honestly, ima call it like it is. I think you're adding extra stuff to your story just to make it seems like you two were extra close.

If you were as close as you say you were you should have had some common real life knowledge of her.

Full name, address, phone number, age (DOB) etc etc. There's way too many holes in this story for it to not be shady.

You also said that you werent living in the past? LMAO yet you take the time to write about this here in PSOw hoping to find this girl. You are very much stuck in the past. It sounds to me like you were just some dude she dated and you got really into her and just hasn't gotten over her in the past 10 years. I'm surprised no one else has called you out on this.

You also said that you wont search for her IRL because that would be stalkerish? I'm calling BS on this too. If you were as close to her as you say you were (which i'm sure you were not) why would she think this was stalkerish of you? Infact if she cared and loved you as much as you say she did she would be happy if you found her.

Everyone else here seems to be like "aww how cute" but i'm here to bring you back to reality.

Seriously let that **** go already. It's been like 10 years.

This is soo silly. Just some random pathetic dude who can't let go of his PSO girlfriend. Hahahaha.

I'm sorry homie, but I gotta keep it real :)

Ifrian-x
Sep 28, 2013, 02:26 PM
Thank you all for your input!

So much time passed since the last reply that i had given up on obtaining more info and suddenly...boom!

Ok so:

Mitz:
You can say that again!
I still have a few friends from PSO, and we always helped each other thru all this long years, this community is something special both for good and for bad.

Sayuri
She was around 25yy old around 2006, which is when i last heard from her.
Thank you for your kind words, i just hope she is happy with her life.

DB
I do not recall her having a FOmarl of that name, but then again she had been playing pretty much all of DC and early GC without me so it may very well be that it was one of her older characters.
When i played with her she mostly played Hunewearl, Ramarl and very rarely, a Fonewearl.

I will make sure to check on Lonewolf, though! Thanks!

Super Soldier
Thank you!
I do remember Pinky and Sammantha, the other ones, not so much.

Gina did not have any sister that i know of, but then again she may mean a spiritual sister or an affectionate way to call a female friend rather than a blood related sister.
I attempted to send an e-mail to mandee´s address but sadly it is as dead as Gina´s is.

Thanks though :3

UMVC3_Wolverine
The sad thing is that in your head, you probably mean well.
While i respect your opinion, i would rather have you not sling your assumptions and personal accusations at me :3

If both me and my post are pathetic, then by all means, do never send a reply again.
This kind of input is not helpful and will not be missed.

Mystil
Oct 26, 2013, 01:52 AM
I wanted to do something like this. Mainly to search for 3 specific players. One of them had a char name I can't remember.. the other two was K-Nurtz and the other was Surami(real name). For K-Nurtz.. this is more of wanting to make peace/give resolve, as our friendship was rocky.. For Surami, we were great friends all the way through, she was also deaf. She ended up being kicked off the game by her parents, I think, and we stayed in touch through email. After some months, she stopped replying. She was the first friend I made in PSO, as well as the first one I made in an online game of any kind.

It is highly unlikely I'd find these people for I met them all on PSODC. I think in general once someone disappears online, you'll never find them, no matter how much info you have on them. I was looking for someone else, for 7yrs, knowing their full name and all, and have'nt been successful. You would think, with the power of the internet, it's easy to find people, until you lose someone and you realize, once they are gone, they are gone.

Ifrian-x
Dec 22, 2013, 02:52 PM
For those that care, i wanted to tell everyone that i have finally found my friend.
I have learned that she has beaten her cancer and then dedicated her whole life to help other people beat it too, and now works in the field of cancer related medicine.

I have decided not to make any effort to contact her as she has built a whole new life for herself and those around her and is finally happy.
There is no point in me opening old wounds and sorrows and reminding her of a past she has since long left behind.

I count myself blessed to have found that my friend is doing well and leading a happy life and i wish the best for her and her loved ones.

Thank you everyone for your help and support during my search.

T0m
Dec 23, 2013, 04:58 AM
She may or may not want to get back in touch with you. She could be flattered that you made the effort to find her, or be creeped out that you did, but don't let your worries about opening old wounds stop you from trying to contact your friend. In my experience that worry is almost always unwarranted.

Reading what you said, I'd guess your friend would not mind getting back in touch with someone from that difficult time because it will emphasise how much life has improved for her.

NightHour13
Sep 12, 2015, 03:07 PM
Man I did love how this was one of the special stories of old PSO that brought people from the strangest most remote places onto this same ship orbiting a horrible planet!

In the beginning I almost had a UMC Wolverine moment where I was like Dude you were totally pwned I come from a bad place it could've even been a guy moment *shot in the liver by chaos bringer*

But then when I saw this opened a while back, it's been resolved and perhaps the whole thing is a story but I truly believed this buddy Icarus X or whatever and was reading his spanish accented plea for help with a heavy, old nostalgic PSO heart. There were many "characters" that i particularly met on these early iterations of online gaming, particularly PSO as it was my first and most fervent, but have resigned the fact that we all died in the ruins a while back when we got absorbed by f*rck face while we were searching for our friends. At least thats what I was doing >.> er died from.....

The fact we beat em' and that other sick bastard who drops down from an elevator shaft like a troll and talks you some smack, is the reason I still ghost it up around here and sign in every once in a while.

Now you all have me for life!

OP I'm glad you found what became of her, more particularly that she's not given into her cancer! Who here wants to buy the rights to this movie?! Talk to her man! You have to tell her about what used to be, what its become! You can leave it there, but you gotta do it FOR ME! All I want to know is if she knows you didn't not call her back out of some childish anger and she knows the hell you went through! its too funn..sad! I dont care if she still loves you, just post and tell us if you guys are like mid 40's with you having a spanish moustache and casualy clanging champange cups over good ol' PSO! Remembering the days and such, come on i need hope!

Edit: Oh god I necro'd big time! Kill it if you like mods, i'm sorry!

Ifrian-x
Sep 13, 2015, 11:37 AM
No, i have never contacted her in all these years (nor have i dug further into her life) as knowing that she was alive and doing well gave me a great peace of mind.
She will probably never know what happened but then again, by now she probably does not even remember me.

Would i like to have a chat with her and clear things up?
Of course i would, but i will not put this personal satisfaction above respecting her peaceful life.

In the end, the cold and sad truth is that if she has never even attempted to find me once in all those years ( and i am easy to find for her ) it means she simply does not need me in her life.

NightHour13
Sep 14, 2015, 12:18 AM
Your honor and straight honesty is a testament to your solidness of being a man. It could've been a sort of fantastical ending where she remembered what she made you feel with that last phone call and such - but that you are satisfied, it shows a great deal about you being truly strong. Good on ya, I am for one satisfied with the way you have decided to keep things and it is none of my business. I must say though, your courage is encouraging and thank you for understanding my genuine concern for the whole ordeal.

Good on ya brother. ONLY ON PSO!!!