PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 VA vs. HU:

Rozerem
Jan 9, 2012, 10:23 AM
I was in a battle lastweek and used VA against a HU who PA spamed with a spear and must have not ran out of PP like I did and was wondering if VA is infact a good battle class?I lost in the battle,but managed to kill this individual 5 times even though he killed me 8 times.How many VA battle classes have better luck against a HU?I would like to stay with a VA because I feel more comfortable with that class.

Miki~
Jan 9, 2012, 11:07 AM
I was in a battle lastweek and used VA against a HU who PA spamed with a spear and must have not ran out of PP like I did and was wondering if VA is infact a good battle class?I lost in the battle,but managed to kill this individual 5 times even though he killed me 8 times.How many VA battle classes have better luck against a HU?I would like to stay with a VA because I feel more comfortable with that class.

I personally dont like the vanguard class in battle. I find it more fun ot break out the sword and use grand crusher (Hunter only in battle). I find spears to be cheap. I like the battle mode classes and weapon set ups in this order for battle mode:

1.Ranger/Force
2.Hunter
3.Vanguard

Link1275
Jan 9, 2012, 02:27 PM
Just use the handgun as a vanguard(or when available use twin handguns).

Miki~
Jan 9, 2012, 03:16 PM
Just use the handgun as a vanguard(or when available use twin handguns).

I thought twin handguns were only available for rangers? Unless you mean that one battle that takes place in a temple area where you get more weapons which I think is the only one. Vanguards weapon choices just annoy me. I prefer to use two handed weapons over single or one handed weapons.

Link1275
Jan 9, 2012, 03:53 PM
That would be the only case in which a vanguard can have them. Ranged weapons & weapons with a far reach that allow you to stay away from your opponent(read spears, handguns, and twin handguns) while dealing lots of damage are the key to victory, because if you allow your opponent to get close they can deal damage, if you keep them away you can pick them off at your leisure.

Miki~
Jan 9, 2012, 03:56 PM
That would be the only case in which a vanguard can have them. Ranged weapons & weapons with a far reach that allow you to stay away from your opponent(read spears, handguns, and twin handguns) while dealing lots of damage are the key to victory, because if you allow your opponent to get close they can deal damage, if you keep them away you can pick them off at your leisure.

thats why i prefer force or ranger lol. you can still stay away using a force as I believe you do get a bow and I think you get a few ranged techs.

Link1275
Jan 9, 2012, 04:41 PM
There's also eva and def to consider(as well as health) if you have a high enough evasion, you're invincible.

raijz
Jan 9, 2012, 07:43 PM
There's also eva and def to consider(as well as health) if you have a high enough evasion, you're invincible.

In battle, EVA does nothing. It's all about HP, ATK, and DEF.

Link1275
Jan 9, 2012, 08:19 PM
And where did you pull up that from?

Mike
Jan 9, 2012, 08:23 PM
You don't level up quickly enough to take advantage of evade nor is the level gap between players isn't large enough to rely on it.

Link1275
Jan 9, 2012, 08:31 PM
True. However the distance and close range capability is nice.

raijz
Jan 9, 2012, 10:14 PM
And where did you pull up that from?

True. However the distance and close range capability is nice.

Heh, I pulled it from my personal experience. But Mike already explained it to you.