PDA

View Full Version : PSP Choosing equipment - Adding Disks, Units, etc.

Kaji Motomiya
Jan 9, 2012, 07:20 PM
I know it says PSP because I currently only have PSP (will get PSP2 in the near future), but if this is applicable to PSP2, this topic might help some new Portable players.

I am currently a Lv. 14 CAST (female) Ranger (7) and have gotten probably enough experience to work out the basics these past few days I've had the game. Now one of my biggest problems is cycling through my weapons. I never use my Hunter or Force weapons, so I either sell them or store them away depending on rarity. But I've been amassing some extras of Rifles, Machineguns, etc. In my pallette, I use two Rifles, a Twin Handguns, a Machinegun, a Shotgun, a Laser Cannon, and a Saber type weapons (the saber paired with the Machinegun). I gave each of them a certain element: Rifles have Light and Fire, Twin Handguns has Light, Machinegun and Saber have Ice, Shotgun has Electric, and Laser Cannon has Ground.

Now, I've read that elemental disks for Ranger weapons have the same general stats. But when stocking my pallette with weapons, what should my ideal setup be? Is it wise to have a number of disks in stock for different elements? If I returned a Photon Art I've leveled up to, say, 21, to a disk, will it reset to Level 1?

As for Armor equipment, what types of Units should I look for? Do the equipment (both weapon and armor) makers mean anything? Should I have armor with matching units, or armor and units completely a uniform type?

I didn't know where I should ask this, but I felt it best here sicne PSP is all I have ATM.

I used to cycle my weapons of different elements in PSO:BB a few years back, too, but I don't know if that means anything here.

Tolly7249
Jan 9, 2012, 10:31 PM
When it comes to an ideal setup for your weapons, that really depends pretty much entirely on you. If you're happy with your current set, then don't change it. You might want to get some Dark in there somewhere though, there's a few very annoying Light enemies who'll be a lot quicker to kill with it.

As for PAs. If you have a level 21 PA and put it onto a disc, the disc will retain the level. It's very nice for when you start swapping classes around.

As a CAST, once you hit Level 20 you'll get your SUV-weapons, which are Units that fit into your Extra slot in your armour (the lowest slot). So whatever armour you use will need that slot. The Arm slot will be nice for a little extra power or accuracy, and the Body slot is great for defence and evasion, but as a CAST there's no real point in using the TP/MST boosting Head slot so you can pretty much ignore it.

Kaji Motomiya
Jan 9, 2012, 10:38 PM
As for PAs. If you have a level 21 PA and put it onto a disc, the disc will retain the level. It's very nice for when you start swapping classes around.

So it's okay to keep a few extra disks on my person so I can switch around some PAs once I reach my limit of 30 (or was it 36?)?

Miki~
Jan 9, 2012, 10:55 PM
So it's okay to keep a few extra disks on my person so I can switch around some PAs once I reach my limit of 30 (or was it 36?)?

I think it was 30, though I haent played portable 1 in awhile, I dont think it went past 30.

raijz
Jan 9, 2012, 11:22 PM

I think it was 30, though I haent played portable 1 in awhile, I dont think it went past 30.

PA's go up to lvl30 and you can only have up to 36 PA equipped at the same time.

Mike
Jan 9, 2012, 11:36 PM
Your storage will quickly fill up with PA disks, so it's probably good to keep some on your character to free up storage space too.

As for your load-out, I'd customize it to the mission. Your armor should be the opposite element of most of the enemies in the mission. If you find yourself in a mission with lots of different element enemies, take a few armors with you instead. As a cast, you'll want to keep your SUV for the most part but you can fill up the head, arm, and body slots with your most powerful units. I'd opt for a */Mind unit for the head, */Power or */Knight for the arm, and */Guard or */Wall or resist unit for the body.

Kaji Motomiya
Jan 10, 2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks for taking the time to answer and explain to my questions. I've grabbed a bit of an insight on how I should operate my playing style for both PSPo and PSPo2.

Link1275
Jan 10, 2012, 10:01 PM
Do the equipment (both weapon and armor) makers mean anything?
Since I didn't see an answer already there for this question.

Simply put yes, with armor Tenora Works typically focuses more on eva boosts, Yohmei focuses more on mind boosts(and defense if I remember correctly) I'm not sure about what GRM focuses on though. As for weapons Tenora Works have high power but low PP, Yohmei have low power and high PP(I think), and GRM are somewhere in the middle.

Tolly7249
Jan 11, 2012, 11:53 PM
GRM is the middle-of-the-line company, their armours seem to be the most balanced, while Yohmei focuses on magical defences and Tenora on physical defences, or at least that's my experience.

It's similar for weapons. GRM is fairly balanced between attack stats and PP, Yohmei has slightly lower stats but much more PP, and Tenora has really high stats but much less PP. I personally prefer to use GRM for melee weapons and Yohmei for ranged and magic.