PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Debating on getting this game instead of the xbox game

Cyto47
Jan 10, 2012, 06:49 PM
So I recently got money for my bday and I want to get back into Phantasy Star, I was going to get back on the xbox server, now I'm not so sure if I still do, I haven't played any of the PSP games are they good, and how is the online play for that?

blazingsonic
Jan 10, 2012, 06:57 PM
Hope you can find the UMD because the PSN version dropped off the shop for whatever strange reason, Sega has beed odd with Phantasy Star lately it's like they don't know how to work with the fanbase outside of Japan.

Cyto47
Jan 10, 2012, 07:10 PM
Ah I see, do I have to play the first one in order to play the second, or should I got straight to the second one, or should I just play the xbox version, I'm so undecided, hahaha

Scale of Judgment
Jan 10, 2012, 07:12 PM
Ah I see, do I have to play the first one in order to play the second, or should I got straight to the second one, or should I just play the xbox version, I'm so undecided, hahaha

The first one is not necessary for the second one. The only thing that you need from the first one is a character data to get a title and a saber but that's all.
Not versed in the xbox version. This game is a mmo portable for the psp...

Kaji Motomiya
Jan 10, 2012, 09:26 PM
And it's free...-er than the XBOX one. IIRC, I think the 360 is a subscription of $10 a month.

Dragwind
Jan 10, 2012, 09:59 PM
So I recently got money for my bday and I want to get back into Phantasy Star, I was going to get back on the xbox server, now I'm not so sure if I still do, I haven't played any of the PSP games are they good, and how is the online play for that?

As for PSPo2 NA/EU, network mode is very...scarce. You'll be hard pressed to find many players online, unless you make some friends elsewhere to hop online with you first. Aside from that, the usual random parties tend to be mostly non-legit characters (nearly all "hacked" Lvl. 200s and such).

As for PSPo2:I(JP), that's a different story. You'll find a much more active playerbase online.