PDA

View Full Version : For the laughs melee fomar or fonewm

Vintasticvinn
Jan 13, 2012, 01:07 PM
My cart somehow had all its data cleared so its literaly a new cart and just for laughs I wanted to j/z s/d cure my way through game.. both are deliciously good looking but which of these fine men will do well as a physical striker?

Seth Astra
Jan 13, 2012, 01:14 PM
FOmar has better HP/ATP/DFP, and FOnewm has a penalty to resta, so probably FOmar. Of course, the FOnewm does have PP regen, which can help with PA usage... Of course it also depends on what weapons you want. Pretty sure that FOnewms get access to the best Double Saber and Daggers in the game, while FOmar doesn't... Hmm... I'll let someone who knows the topic better give you a suggestion. ^^;

Akaimizu
Jan 13, 2012, 01:21 PM
Oddly enough. My Fomar was a mix of tech and Melee. Oddly enough, due to the bonuses, it's usually nice to stick with the Staves. Why? Well, because of the aspect that the Melee Damage is calculated with the Magic Stat instead of the Power Stat. I guess you can go to the other ATP weapons, but that's something I never really concentrated on.

Of course, the Human aspect of having 100 points to allocate to permanent stat increases make a lot of things possible.

Mustache
Jan 13, 2012, 01:32 PM
I like to beat with my FOnewearl, while it's nice to use those daggers and double sabers with your casters, I find the practicality of beating things in the head with a book. I like to use Magical Sign and Bright Sign to deal huge damage. Megid can be used to pull everything in the middle so you can effectively bash large groups of enemies. You'll have to focus on ATA a lot more using a mag with almost all hit, at the very least you can go 80/20 split.

Vintasticvinn
Jan 13, 2012, 01:42 PM
Mustache: So have a mag rocking 80 ata and 20 atp/mst? Thanks!

Akaimizu: I plan on using sabers daggers and that vending machine gunblade.

Im kinda leaning toward human but who knows.

Any other melee FOs out there wanna get in on this?

Atbar
Jan 13, 2012, 01:58 PM
I've done a melee FOmar and FOmarl. I mostly went with 100 power mats, a mag with 99 hit and 1 point into whatever PB you want, and three hit slot units and a Compress PA. They work well. The FOmarl heals around 400-500 in the level 90 range while the FOmar heals for 350 with Shifta 15 up at level 100.

DoctorShanks
Jan 13, 2012, 06:55 PM
@AtBHR: With level 15 Shifta and Zalure, can a FOmarl make a better Ranger than a RAmar or RAmarl?

I would recommend the FOmarl for the slightly extra amount of ATA and the huge 30% Resta boost. If you want to mix Techs and Attacks, then run with FOmar. The FOnewm's job is to nuke things with Techs.

The Crimson Vis and the Rouge Pulse will be your best friends for a while once you hit Super Mode. For Physical Weapons, you would have to ask someone else :/

I'm thinking of going offline and temporarily re-writing my FOmarl (without saving) just to see what being Meele is like. Thanks to Reset mats, you can always change your mind later.

Atbar
Jan 13, 2012, 08:01 PM
@DoctorShanks: I have less issues with a FOmar/FOmarl playing a like a Hunter/Ranger than I did with a RAmar/RAmarl, so yes. They get more resta power, have level 15 support, and they can hit into the 200-300 range with Celeb element. It would help if you got mechguns with accuracy boost if you plan to use those outside of boss fights. I think you should be good though with Shifta 15 and Zalure 15. I recall another PSZ player in the past with a melee FOney claiming you only need 480 accuracy to hit enemies once those two support techs are used. I have yet to test this myself though you can't have too much accuracy with a force anyhow.

Crazyleo
Jan 14, 2012, 09:17 AM
I've played a Fomar who primarily used a slicer for combat and techs in a supportive role (Resta/Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure). I've received no complaints from other players online and I had a blast with it.

The_Pup
Jan 16, 2012, 04:36 PM
Mustache goes 80/20, I go 70/30. If I actually zalured more, I'd go 50/50 or 30/70.

Link1275
Jan 20, 2012, 08:07 PM
You should definitely go with the FOmar if you want to melee. Mine is using a Caduceus and beats stuff into bits and pieces easily.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 20, 2012, 11:57 PM
FOmarl and FOnewearl are pretty much the better ones for this, for the higher ATA than the male counterparts (as well the Resta bonus, but that's a side-fact compared to the ATA). FOnewearls get the best Daggers (Foie Haze) and Double Saber (Gigas Romulus), but FOmarls get the best Shield (Iros) and Mechguns (Crimson Vis). Both have the same selection for Sabers and Handguns. Newman has less HP, ATA, and ATP, but higher MST, PP, and has PP regen. Human has potential for mixed build style with its larger material usage availability compared to a Newman (which can allow for an even larger gap in ATA or ATP, or close the MST or PP gap between them). FOnewearls also get an arguably better armor than the other FO's, that being the Rika's Suit.

In the end, it's really up to your playstyle which would be best for you. Go nuts with whichever you end up choosing, and just have fun. Me, personally, I love using both the FOmarl on my main cart and the FOnewearl I have on my second cart, and both could almost equally support a melee combat style, as far as that goes. :P

Vintasticvinn
Mar 3, 2012, 06:40 PM
This just in, Im having loads of fun with FOnewearl. The ata of a fomar and the mst of a fonewm is like playing with the best of both worlds! :D