PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Operation starfall

OPstarfall
Jan 15, 2012, 10:59 AM
https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/373508_248175575250943_374460129_n.jpg
Introduction
Phantasy star portable 2: infinity is an updated version of Phantasy Star Portable 2, this alternative version of the game features a PSO-like visual lobby, a new game story with a new main character called Nagisa, a new character race, and retouched gameplay aspects.
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity introduces Multiplayer Mode, allowing up to 4 players to play via Ad Hoc mode and Online Multiplayer Mode, and a third typeof communication known as Friends Search. With the Friends Search feature, users can exchange Friend characters and mission codes with users all over the world. The Online Multiplayer Mode will allow people to communicated with other players in the Visual Lobby. The game also includes an additional chapter, "Episode 2''
Unfortunately this game has never been released outside of japan, and many fans were very disappointed because of this, as it appears that SEGA has no intention to localize this.
Operation starfall is a fan driven movement that tries to convince SEGA to localize this great and unique PSP MMORPG, and hopefully this will be a success like operation rainfall!

How you can help us!
Yes, YOU can help us in our campaign in many different ways

You can sign our online petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/sega-of-america-localize-phantasy-star-portable-2-infinity
You can send letters to SEGA of america by using the following adress PS: please be polite and respectful while writing the letter since agressing, threatening or being insolent so SEGA will not help us in our cause.

SEGA of America Inc.
350 Rhode Island Street, Suite 400
San Francisco, CA 94103
you can also write on sega's twitter! www.twitter.com/SEGA
Contact us:
you can contact us by
sending an email to: [email protected]
Write on our twitter page: www.twitter.com/OPstarfall
check out our facebook page: www.facebook.com/OPstarfall
be sure to make a our at our WIP site: www.wix.com/aminechallouf/opstarfall

we are also currently affiliated with the gallian liberation front https://www.facebook.com/GLFront
thanks!

OPstarfall
Jan 15, 2012, 11:51 AM
getting a localization is by far better, let's try to make this happen
www.facebook.com/OPstarfall

Muketsu
Jan 15, 2012, 12:13 PM
getting a localization is by far better, let's try to make this happen
www.facebook.com/OPstarfall

Getting a localization is NOT better. It would be watered down and lack DLC just like every other localization we've gotten. If there had been an english patch for PSP2 I would've chosen it in a heartbeat.

PSP2i isn't going to get localized, but even if it did I would chose this patch over the localization.

blace
Jan 15, 2012, 12:41 PM
I doubt the petition would even get far considering that the Vita is only a month away from release. The PSP has been dead in the water since day one with it's cost forcing others to look away from the handheld. Lack of interest combined with how little is known about the PS series won't do well for a localization that focuses on making a profit.

Theres also the lack of support already for the current game. Hackers are rampant as well as illegal uses of the game being readily available to just about everyone.

You may mean well, but like Muketsu said, it'll be watered down and lacking as major copyright items are in place.

OPstarfall
Jan 15, 2012, 01:21 PM
ok the even if the patch gets finished
how will we be able to play online without the licenses, custom eboot + nploader?
it's not just a petition anyway, it's going to be an organized movement like GLF (who we are affiliated with)
we generally want to get more PHANTASY STAR in general in the US again

Tyreek
Jan 15, 2012, 02:37 PM
Good luck to you doing that. As for the license issue, well, the point would be to "buy" the game. As intended, since Sega seems to want to take a serious stance with their home region online play, instead of the Western region.

EvilMag
Jan 15, 2012, 02:55 PM
*facepalm*

Anon_Fire
Jan 15, 2012, 03:08 PM
It's too late now, SEGA made it's decision.

Nidramag
Jan 15, 2012, 03:18 PM
Import the game.

Nidramag
Jan 15, 2012, 03:20 PM
ok the even if the patch gets finished
how will we be able to play online without the licenses, custom eboot + nploader?
it's not just a petition anyway, it's going to be an organized movement like GLF (who we are affiliated with)
we generally want to get more PHANTASY STAR in general in the US again
I dunno, make a JP account and register it... like, about everyone here who imported it?

I swear this guy is probably a troll

OPstarfall
Jan 15, 2012, 03:52 PM
I dunno, make a JP account and register it... like, about everyone here who imported it?

I swear this guy is probably a troll

you see, not everyone is able to import it, it would be easier to buy at your local store and many people who will use this patch will probably be pirates
and aside from that imagine online chat with tons of japanese people most of us cannot understand...

Nidramag
Jan 15, 2012, 04:19 PM
I'm not even gonna keep talking, it'll end up a flame war.

On a thread-related note, has there been any recent update?

SolaceIX
Jan 15, 2012, 04:20 PM
you see, not everyone is able to import it, it would be easier to buy at your local store and many people who will use this patch will probably be pirates
and aside from that imagine online chat with tons of japanese people most of us cannot understand...

Okay so originally I supported your petition. However it now seems that you don't really know what you want out of it. Localization is not going to stop piracy. Nor is English the one true language, while others should be segregated from it.

Best of luck to you still though.

:D

Temprus
Jan 15, 2012, 04:25 PM
Oh a petition. No one's done of these before...

It'll totally happen now!

Kurosu
Jan 15, 2012, 04:25 PM

Maybe because it's their server?
Your "points" are so asinine I hope for your sake you're just trolling, although probably not.

SolaceIX
Jan 15, 2012, 04:27 PM
I'm with Nidramag. This is not the place to talk about it.

Nidramag
Jan 15, 2012, 04:29 PM
Oh a petition. No one's done of these before...

It'll totally happen now!

Yes there's hope yet! Everyone should just hold off on importing a year old game on a dead system because now they will release it! Petitions always work! Especially online ones!

GeoSword
Jan 15, 2012, 04:50 PM
At first, I thought it was the codename of a new Phantasy Star game. I am disappoint. Though, good luck on the petition. Seeing that most of the time they go unnoticed or ignored outright.

blace
Jan 15, 2012, 04:59 PM
It's the internet. People do what they want.

Online petitions are easy to create and easily thrown about. A lot of the "signatures" usually end up being some guy using multiple names. So yeah good luck supporting a dead system with its successor around the corner.

R.A.V.S.O
Jan 15, 2012, 05:40 PM
oh for the love of....

ok lets take some things in mind shall we?

lets consider the remote case of infinity ever getting here.... if so you're probably gonna notice how the possibly won't add GM's to ban hackers, also how there will be no DLC or extra costumes or Max Attacks.... in other words a watered down version that's most likely to get hacked.... and to top it off on a already dead console.

SEGA already blew it lets get over it....
besides, there's a translation project working on the JP version (thats good enough for most of us) and you can import and play with REAL security on a JP server rather than scavenge for a legit party like on the vanilla US counterpart....

I see no reason why to go back on a seemingly dead community SEGA already showed us it doesn't care about

NoiseHERO
Jan 15, 2012, 06:17 PM
I remember like half a year ago or something people were still like "SHU'UP YOU NEVER KNOW, OUR ONLINE FORUM PETITION THAT'S NOT REALLY A PETITION COULD WORK!" Oh boy, that was entertaining. And now it's entertaining seeing all the lost hope!

But yeah, don't even try to get enthusiastic about these kinds of things. Or at least, use it for something more people actually.. care about. Like 8 other people said, year old game, that was already unpopular and probably didn't sell enough for it's sequel to come here on a dead handheld console.

But that's enough being mean for today, I think there's ALREADY going to be 3 people ninja posting me, and another 10 people posting after me jumping in your face to call this pointless and stupid to get their e-peen points. Even though 20 people before them already said the same thing.

Link1275
Jan 15, 2012, 08:17 PM
Hey mods mind locking this(and maybe banning OP)?

Nidramag
Jan 15, 2012, 08:50 PM
He hasn't done anything wrong, unless he's trolling.

Just a little slow in the head isn't a bannable offense.

Anon_Fire
Jan 15, 2012, 10:03 PM
Like I said before, it's too late to ask for Infinity now. Unless you want SEGA to port it to the Vita.

PSP2 was a commercial failure here because of low sales and piracy. How do you expect them to localize Infinity?

OPstarfall
Jan 16, 2012, 01:47 AM
It's the internet. People do what they want.

Online petitions are easy to create and easily thrown about. A lot of the "signatures" usually end up being some guy using multiple names. So yeah good luck supporting a dead system with its successor around the corner.

it's not just a pretition you know, for now we need to spread the word to get some people to follow us, then we will start the next phase, we're probably going to be like GLF since we are working with them since the very beginning.

Like I said before, it's too late to ask for Infinity now. Unless you want SEGA to port it to the Vita.

PSP2 was a commercial failure here because of low sales and piracy. How do you expect them to localize Infinity?
if we can get it to the vita that would be even better, we just don't want infinity now, we just want phantasy star to get back to the us market, look what sega did: they pulled portable 1 and 2 from the psn and now psp go users will only get it by piracy, it looks like sega is stepping down from the us market with phantasy star, what if they don't localize the next phantasy star universe title (rumored to be PS victory)
and even if they localize it lots of people will lose a big chunk of the story, and just like i said not everyone can import.
edit: sorry for double post.

OPstarfall
Jan 16, 2012, 01:50 AM
Maybe because it's their server?
Your "points" are so asinine I hope for your sake you're just trolling, although probably not.
if we get a localization we will get OUR server, what i meant is that it's a disadvantage for all the people who import.

Okay so originally I supported your petition. However it now seems that you don't really know what you want out of it. Localization is not going to stop piracy. Nor is English the one true language, while others should be segregated from it.

Best of luck to you still though.

:D
thanks, what we meant about not supporting piracy is that we just want the retail game to be avaible here, we don't want a pirated version.
if this doesn't work though people will be even more incouraged to pirate (ie: people who can't import)

blace
Jan 16, 2012, 03:12 AM
PSP1 was never released on PSN, it was a UMD only game. While PSP2 did get pulled a couple of people on here have gotten replies from both Sega and Sony saying it was accidental. How much of that is true we'll never know.

Nidramag
Jan 16, 2012, 09:59 AM
PSP1 was never released on PSN, it was a UMD only game. While PSP2 did get pulled a couple of people on here have gotten replies from both Sega and Sony saying it was accidental. How much of that is true we'll never know.

I Imagine it as more of a "Holy shit someone noticed?" Incident.

Bitzen
Jan 16, 2012, 08:14 PM
Isn't it a little late in the game to be petitioning now? The fact they canceled that pack of PSPo1 and 2 should tell you something.