PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 better has anti-aliaising...

Artbox
Jan 16, 2012, 10:14 AM
I cannot get over how bad the PSU games look, forced AA does not even work well. Hopefully, PSO2 will have built in AA. Just a simple wish I have for PSO2, as I am sure everything else will be great!

kyuuketsuki
Jan 16, 2012, 11:01 AM
New engine, new game. I don't think this is going to be an issue. Even if there's no in-game option, forcing should work fine.

Serephim
Jan 16, 2012, 02:30 PM
The engine really just looks like a knockoff of PSU's engine with some well needed upgrades if u ask me

But still i dont think it's a problem. What PC game today doesn't support AAing?

Ezodagrom
Jan 16, 2012, 02:54 PM
I cannot get over how bad the PSU games look, forced AA does not even work well. Hopefully, PSO2 will have built in AA. Just a simple wish I have for PSO2, as I am sure everything else will be great!
There was an anti-aliasing option in the PSO2 alpha client, but it only had options to turn anti-aliasing on or off though, there was no multiplier options (like 2x, 4x or 8x).

ZER0 DX
Jan 16, 2012, 04:19 PM
Birichans PSOUAA tool has added options for PSO2 as well, and it does a really good job of forcing AA on PSU. Doesn't help the shitty textures, but at least everything isn't all jaggy anymore while using it.

Pretty sure if PSO2's built in options aren't gonna be enough then using that tool will solve the problem.

Kent
Jan 16, 2012, 04:20 PM
If you have a modern video card, you should be able to force anti-aliasing through its control panel. Since the alpha client apparently has options to turn on/off anti-aliasing, you should also be able to specify enhancements to it (at least if you're using an nVidia card - I can't really speak for ATI's software).

Ark22
Jan 16, 2012, 10:22 PM
Seems like the Sonic Generations Set up, either on or off.

Miyoko
Jan 17, 2012, 05:35 AM
I am much, much more concerned about automatic frame skipping than I am AA. >_>

Ezodagrom
Jan 17, 2012, 09:42 AM
The framerate in the alpha client wasn't locked (being able to go over 100fps in the title screen) and there were no options for forced frame skipping.

kyuuketsuki
Jan 18, 2012, 02:58 PM
Wat? 99% sure the framerate isn't locked, so frame-skipping is a non-issue.

lostinseganet
Jan 18, 2012, 07:18 PM
The framerate in the alpha client wasn't locked (being able to go over 100fps in the title screen) and there were no options for forced frame skipping.
Someone else wrote that there is code for 3d gaming thats 120 fps right there.

amtalx
Jan 18, 2012, 07:30 PM
Someone else wrote that there is code for 3d gaming thats 120 fps right there.

3D gaming generally halves the frame rate rather than doubling it to maintain parity with regular displays. Supporting 120 frames is a far more difficult development goal than it's worth.

Mag-X
Jan 18, 2012, 08:37 PM
3D shutter glasses a require 120 Hz screen, not 120 FPS. PSO:BB works just fine in 3D, and it's locked to 30 FPS.

dooby613
Jan 19, 2012, 10:58 AM
PSU always looked like it was a PS2 game made because PS2 couldn't handle PSO like the other consoles could. It always looked like a graphics downgrade even if it was a sequel (or just made later however you like to think of it). I don't think we need to worry about no AA at this point. There have been lots of games that have been delayed into oblivion out there and I just hope this won't be one of them.

Yata The Prophet
Jan 19, 2012, 11:51 AM
Wow this does not happen on my monitor.
You must have a dot pitch so precise it makes a mole look like a continent.

I realize that I play games for gameplay/story/action and not 'z0mg teh graphics have given me an orgasm'
Yes. Kids today. :-x:whip:

Kent
Jan 19, 2012, 10:28 PM
Wow this does not happen on my monitor.
You must have a dot pitch so precise it makes a mole look like a continent.
No, it's just how badly PSU was optimized for anything. I would actually call it downright anomolous how bad of a job they managed to do with the game.

You should see how poorly the Xbox 360 port runs - it's a horribly-inefficient and terribly-unoptimized port of a horribly-inefficient and terribly-unoptimized PC port of a horribly-inefficient and terribly-unoptimized PS2 game.

For bonus hilarity, try running it with the system set to a resolution whose aspect ratio is something other than 4:3 or 16:9. It's like playing a goddamn mosaic.

CommanderLovely
Jul 2, 2012, 06:05 AM
Birichans PSOUAA tool has added options for PSO2

Any idea where I can find this tool?