PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Tired of the grind... How do you guys keep up?

Artbox
Jan 17, 2012, 09:40 AM
Hi all!

I have a Duman character, which is my main, currently standing at level 34. My plans for him is to get him to level 50, rebirth to stack his EVA, and focus on getting high hitting weapons while rebirthing again at the next level 50 to stack EVA.

I have yet to reach the first level 50 and at level 34, I am sort of getting tired of the repetitive fights.

Sigh, I know it is just me but at lower levels, how do you guys motivate yourself to get higher? I love the game but everytime I turn it on I cannot play more than 30 mins. Perhaps this character is just not for me...

Thanks!

Nidramag
Jan 17, 2012, 10:32 AM
It helps to have a friend to play with, it's the only way I can do it.
also, don't rebirth at 50, it only gives you five points, you need 25 for the first tier of evasion.
you would have to do five level 50 rebirths to raise base evasion by 8.

darkante
Jan 17, 2012, 11:26 AM
You could approach the game differently.
Trying different weapon styles and combos.

Like Melee and Magic.
Or Ranger and Magic. etc..

I never really get tired of soloing myself.
Sometimes i go with the NPC or not depending on my mood and plan out a different stragegy even though the odds looks grim.

Merm
Jan 17, 2012, 11:29 AM
Ehhhh stacking EVA is pretty pointless anyway nowadays, especially on a Duman. (Still probably gonna do it on my Newman for fun)

Look for a low-tier weapon you particularly like, or a few of them. Set your mind on hunting them, rather than levelling up. Grinding for the sake of just grinding is one of the fastest ways to get bored.
Or like the user said above. Try out different weapon types, since your level is still low, so you may not have a concrete palette yet. Strange combinations like Slicer + Crossbow are always fun to try out.

Orrrrrr do Gemaga over and over. It's pretty painless and quick at the lower levels.

Dhylec
Jan 17, 2012, 12:17 PM
If it feels like a grind, it's no longer fun. A break from the game can refresh it greatly once you return.

Scale of Judgment
Jan 17, 2012, 12:50 PM
I know this is an Infinity thread but a little advice from Vanilla.

- You can play the game without rebirthing, it has been done.
- There are story mode, challenge mode, and other missions that exist. (FANTA QUIZ is awesome TP points with low XP output for starting characters who need to get their type points)
- There are probably online players who are doing low level missions that you can join and what not.
- There are other class types you can play. With the nerfing of bombs and vanguards. The Force, Ranger, and Hunter class are still strong.
- Weapon hunting.

Overall, you do not need to grind. If the game is fine to play for 30 minutes then that itself is fine for you. It is still essentially, (though no matter how hardcore people go for this game) still a video game to use during your leisure time.

Noblewine
Jan 17, 2012, 07:33 PM
I spam Military subway or Bladed Legacy for mp/exp and I hunt for stuff. The client request missions are pretty fun too.

Kurosu
Jan 18, 2012, 03:05 AM
I get tired of grinding all the time, that's when I take a break from the game for a few days or weeks.
When I come back I usually feel like playing again.

Or I just do a little bit every day, like one Magashi plan or 1-2 GH runs a day, they do add up over time and it doesn't feel like that much of a chore that way.
It's continuous runs that make the boredom set in for me.

Yata The Prophet
Jan 19, 2012, 10:17 AM
It is still essentially, (though no matter how hardcore people go for this game) still a video game to use during your leisure time.
This is one of the greatest quotes, relevant for the times we live in, that I have read. I'm immediately setting this as my signature.

If only players of a certain MMORPG could GET this.

Nidramag
Jan 19, 2012, 12:27 PM
If only players of a certain MMORPG could GET this.

As MMO players have been hoping since the dawn of time.