PDA

View Full Version : Did the British ever commit genocide in any overseas colonies (for History class)

Yata The Prophet
Jan 19, 2012, 10:24 AM
I'm doing a history paper remarking on the damn brutal behavior of most of Europe against people of African/Asian/overseas racial backgrounds.

Now it's pretty clear that (in no certain order) the Dutch, Germans, French, Spanish and Portuguese did all kinds of crimes against humanity in these colonies. In one bit off a certain online encyclopedia, the Germans forced the people out of a city for demanding 'far compensation for their cattle', which German traders had stolen for not repaying debts. The people then died in the desert.

Well niceties aside, I'd like to make sure I cover all the people (I'm not British btw).
So if you know of the Brits committing any kinds of barbaric/inhuman crimes in relation to their overseas territories please let me know.

And no, Pricing the Tea too damn high is not a war crime. Despite politics, it's just overtaxing without representation.
Considering how we kicked their butts out of the U.S., that was some expensive tea they had there wasn't it? LMFAO

-Crokar-
Jan 19, 2012, 11:05 PM
well the shipped all their prisoners to australia dont know if that counts

Ceresa
Jan 19, 2012, 11:21 PM
So are they omitting all the atrocities committed against Native Americans at the hands of the British Colonies from the textbooks these days?

Hopefully you're just dumb and everyone else is getting a better education.

Mike
Jan 20, 2012, 12:49 AM
I'm doing a history paper
Then what are you doing on a video game forum? Research.

Slidikins
Jan 20, 2012, 07:57 AM
Then what are you doing on a video game forum? Research.This. We're not here to do your work for you. There are plenty of resources for this topic to peruse.

NegaTsukasa
Jan 20, 2012, 11:41 AM
I agree with the above.

Besides, I garantee you that in-depth researching for articles instead of asking questions on places like here will get you much farther. Its not hard. just type in key phrases, or a question on Google for ex. and see what comes up. plenty of resources. asking people is a shady practice to get information unless they are scholars. people are mis-informed all the time. for a paper, which means you have to site your resources, articles from scholars are your best bet.