PDA

View Full Version : another ray of hope for a PSO port shines

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jan 24, 2012, 09:33 PM
The Wii U i hear is going to support gamecube games on the virtual console, and though it probably wouldn't have online play they may put PSO 1/2 on the virtual console!

Link1275
Jan 24, 2012, 09:37 PM
Not likely, unless they decide it's worth their time to put every GCN game on there. They would also most likely have to get Sega's approval.

blace
Jan 24, 2012, 09:57 PM
Well for one, the game was pay-to-play and they'll need to configure a whole new setting that will allow GameCube games to run online.

If memory serves, there were only two games that had online or what passes for online, being PSO and Mario Kart Double Dash.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jan 24, 2012, 10:25 PM
i said it probably wouldn't be online, since they never actually change things in VC games, and they've gotten Sega games on the VC before, they have a whole bunch of Genesis and Master System games on there for the Wii

"En"
Jan 24, 2012, 10:51 PM
It's not too farfetched a concept, considering the original Phantasy Star games found their way to the Virtual Console for the Wii. However, it's not something I'll expect to happen. If it does, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If it doesn't, I'll still be able to play Phantasy Star Online on my Wii (or GCN, if I bother to plug it back up), with one of my GCN copies.

Link1275
Jan 24, 2012, 11:31 PM
Well for one, the game was pay-to-play and they'll need to configure a whole new setting that will allow GameCube games to run online.

If memory serves, there were only two games that had online or what passes for online, being PSO and Mario Kart Double Dash.
Honestly the only reason online wasn't playable on the Wii was, because it didn't have the GCN network menu(you would also probably have to get a cable adapter or something because GCN games weren't designed with wireless in mind) if you had that you could have connected it to that one server and played, but without the means to get it setup you couldn't do that.

NegaTsukasa
Jan 25, 2012, 09:56 AM

1080 avalanche, kirby air ride for sure. and I heard, not tested, that Billy Hatcher was the another that could connect online. though I do not see a reason, based on that games' content, of it being an online capable game...