PDA

View Full Version : about the guldmilla's effectiveness...

VS_Power
Mar 20, 2003, 12:30 AM
i cant hold it in....

guldmilla aint as good as its cracked to be. mechs barely add any atp to your stats...since they do so many hits in a combo. since the atp added by the mech BARELY changes your atp (relatively speaking....), there will only be a slight boost in the amount of damage you do on an enemy per hit...

lets compare the guldmilla to a petty gatling. the guldmilla adds about 220 atp while the gatling adds about 20 (fully grinded). the guld milla is probably the hardest item in the game to get legit....

ok per hit the guldmilla will do a whopping 40 points of damage PER HIT than the gatling (at base stat 1000 atp on ult forest). 9 hits so thats about 360 more damage than the gatling....and the gatling is a common weapon. now 360 damage is a lot, but what if im using CHARGE gatlings (drain meseta to do double damage attack)...in this case the gatling will do DOUBLE DAMAGE (doubling ALL atp...not just weapon atp) on an enemy at the petty cost of meseta. this could translate to over 2000 points of damage more than the guldmilla per combo....on common charge gatlings...

lets not forget the fact that finding hit% on gatlings is much easier than finding hit% on a guldmilla....making it that much better and it is still more common than the guldmilla. heck, you can even pipe the shop for charge gatlings with hit (zeniside and wing =)....and percents on mechs dont even matter...they only boost the atp added by the weapon....so 10% forest on a gatling will add like 1 atp....sad...

but the guldmilla has an awesome hp steal special from what i hear.

anyhow i couldve missed out on one important aspect that couldve thrown off my whole data, so please correct me if im wrong. i want to love the guldmilla as much as you do, but i cant =(

ive heard from numerous people that the guldmilla doesnt do insane damage....that it was a lot worse than the powerhouse it was expected to be. im sorry if i sound prideful or mean or anything, but the truth must be told!!!!!

sharkie-do
Mar 20, 2003, 12:38 AM
I THINK YOU SHOULD GO OVER YOU R CALCULATIONS CAUSE THAT IS just wrong.P.S. sorry for the caps...

VS_Power
Mar 20, 2003, 12:39 AM
ya all my calculations were done by the PSOW damage calculater, so im hoping its wrong

Elusive_Llama
Mar 20, 2003, 08:30 AM
Guldmilla has increased mechgun range, although it is not as far as a Yas9k. I've seen high level rangers killing almost everything in one well-placed combo, even in online Ult. ruins. The HP steal on that is a bit insane. One guy went from 3/4 dead to full health in one combo.

For damage, it cannot compare to my +45% hit charge mechguns. Assuming your ramarl is rich like mine, your charge mechguns can do something like 500+ per hit on a special attack, and upwards of 700 - 750 with criticals. Damages in the range of 3000 - 4500 are very possible. 200 meseta a shot can really add up though, especially on mechguns.

Jae
Mar 20, 2003, 11:58 AM
I had the opportunity to test out a Guldmilla in Ultimate Ruins online versus my 50% hit gatlings. Overall, I'd say the Guldmilla is one helluva good mechgun. The ATP at full grind is nearly the same as my Frozen Shooter. So imagine a mechgun with rifle ATP... hitting for 9 hits. Not too shabby if you ask me. Also the special hp-drain is insanely accurate. Great mechgun for RAcast and RAcaseal.

With that in mind, I'll still stick with my 50% hit gatlings for a couple of reasons. 1) Hit % makes a world of difference when you can start a combo with the HARD hit. It ALMOST makes up for the extra damage that Guldmilla does with a W-H-H combo. 2) Because I'm anal and only use legit weaps/armor/mats/mags. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

*edit* And yes... and Charge Gatling or Vulcan will own the Guldmilla hands down. Otherwise it's still a really great mechgun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2003-03-20 09:00 ]</font>

Vaelin
Mar 20, 2003, 02:14 PM
I guess I'll throw my 2-cents in, in Guld Milla's favor.

Hit % Charge mechs are great, don't get me wrong. But the fact that you're losing several hundred meseta per combo (W-S-S) adds up. When I last ran through Ult Spaceship with a charge gatling, my bank account ended up lower by about 60k meseta. This included picking up every barrier/armor/shield/frame to sell.

After getting Guld Milla, I've been able to run through Ult Spaceship w/o once telepiping up to Pioneer 2. I don't even bother picking up the armor/shields to sell. I rarely if ever use 'mates, so usually 10 dimates will last me all the way through to the dragon and beyond. This is with a level 138 RAcaseal.

In fact, using Guld Milla/Frozen Shooter/Spread Needle I ran through Ult Forest through Mines without once telepiping back up to P2 for anything other than to deposit unidentified rares for later. After Vol Opt v.2 I had to get some 'mates and telepipes, but that was it.

The HP drain special is just insane when you do a weak-special-special. I can just stand in the middle of a room against a Baranz or two and just keep doing W-S-S and never drop below 30% hp for more than a split second.

Killing Dark Falz's 3rd form is almost a side note, as you can just regain all the hp that his swipes/grants do with one combo, even when he's glowing and invulnerable to regular hits. Before, it would take me 10 dimates, 10 trimates as well as a few star atoms to kill him. Now, usually 10 trimates is enough, and thats mostly me playing it safe and chomping a 'mate instead of trying another combo.

I'd say overall, for instant-gratification, go Charge mechs. For staying power however, Guld Milla is awesome.