PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 PSU Lagging Still

TJGLtown
Jan 27, 2012, 09:50 AM
Does anyone know if they plan on fixing the lag problem from the last 2 days, it is getting really frustrating.

Thanks

DownTown
Jan 27, 2012, 10:40 AM
tth e pr ob ll em iiis stiiiii lll ha app eee n iing .............. sorry i was lagging there,I guess people still lag in RL.......and PSU........for 3 days straight.I wish i could lag out at work and not have to go,but this isn't PSU i forgot.......DUH !

Gatttsu
Jan 29, 2012, 01:30 PM
Wow, I just came back after quite some time away, I was starting to think it was a problem on my end that keeps making me disconnect.

bloodflowers
Jan 29, 2012, 05:56 PM
There's a thread on official but it's just people asking the same question you are, with little in the way of answers. I do intensely dislike Sega's tendancy to not describe what problems are, they're very secretive. Where I work our customers get a detailed report.

Gatttsu
Jan 29, 2012, 06:52 PM
There's a thread on official but it's just people asking the same question you are, with little in the way of answers. I do intensely dislike Sega's tendancy to not describe what problems are, they're very secretive. Where I work our customers get a detailed report.

I've never been to their forums until today, and that's the first impression I got, no answers from official sources, seems like the "our business hours are: etc..." attitude, kinda like Nexon does over in DFO, rather disappointing, but not enough to deter me from a good game, yet.

ToCool74
Jan 29, 2012, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't care so much about this if it weren't for the fact that I pay 10 bucks a month to play this freaken game.

I heard someone say that Sega doesn't work on Weekends which is BS if its true.

Other companies that own servers will fix it the very day that something goes wrong.

But Sega does not because its a weekend?

How ridiculous...

What exactly is my 10 bucks going towards?

rockx2886
Jan 29, 2012, 10:44 PM
what it is theyre too busy beta testing a game that we wont see for 2 years or better rather then fix the problem with the one prople spend their hard earned money on...wtf seriously??

rockx2886
Jan 29, 2012, 10:55 PM
plus that its been lagging since the new update came along

Gibdozer
Jan 30, 2012, 01:43 AM
I wouldn't care so much about this if it weren't for the fact that I pay 10 bucks a month to play this freaken game.

I heard someone say that Sega doesn't work on Weekends which is BS if its true.

Other companies that own servers will fix it the very day that something goes wrong.

But Sega does not because its a weekend?

How ridiculous...

What exactly is my 10 bucks going towards?

Yeah my problem with that is I don't work weekends either, so that's when I expect to play the game I spend 10$ a month on! Don't get me wrong I realize shit happens, but 4 days now the game has been unplayable it's becoming absurd. I would be embarrassed to appear this incompetent to my customers!

cheapgunner
Jan 30, 2012, 02:37 AM
Seems SEGA forums are down for me...

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jan 30, 2012, 02:41 AM
Seems SEGA forums are down for me...
I guess I'm not the only one experiencing this problem on the SEGA forums. ^^;

Powder Keg
Jan 30, 2012, 03:34 AM
Did they by chance recycle PC's old billing server?

What would this mean for a potential US release of PSO2? They really just can't get their shit together. It's unbelievable. They apparently changed their provider(s) months ago when lag was rampant and it stopped for a while, but now I see complaints about it almost every week.

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jan 30, 2012, 03:40 AM
This just in: The official SEGA forums are back online. However, there have been reports of some delinquents actually disconnecting the entire PSU server. A pedestrian claims to have captured the footage. We will bring you more news here in just a few moments.

RedDragon5839
Jan 30, 2012, 03:42 AM
yup i was in a party chat with the people that did it...beware nerds with power

Serephim
Jan 30, 2012, 04:03 AM
This just in: The official SEGA forums are back online. However, there have been reports of some delinquents actually disconnecting the entire PSU server. A pedestrian claims to have captured the footage. We will bring you more news here in just a few moments.

Ha? Haha?

Are these kids serious? Anything for attention, i guess.

XbikXBd
Jan 30, 2012, 04:55 AM
wow kinda sad...
well at least karma is a bitch XD

Gatttsu
Jan 30, 2012, 10:24 AM
wow kinda sad...
well at least karma is a bitch XD

My thoughts exactly, I'm eager to hear what prize they've won.

bloodflowers
Jan 30, 2012, 01:02 PM
Not sure where karma comes into this.

Gatttsu
Jan 30, 2012, 01:09 PM
Not sure where karma comes into this.

They'll eventually get what's coming to them, karma doesn't come with an expiration date.

RedRaz0r
Jan 30, 2012, 01:33 PM
No one is booting the servers off, this isn't being caused by any players. Please don't help spread ridiculous rumors like this.

From the official forums...

RedRaz0r
Jan 30, 2012, 01:34 PM
From the official forums, when asked what the hell was going on...

Heh -- If I knew & understood that I would probably be working in network administration.

My understanding is it's a hardware issue but I can't say anything more, and can't discuss technical issues on here. If I can issue an explanation I definitely will once I have that cleared up.

The people trying to get attention for this just want attention. That's pretty much it.

STRANG
Jan 31, 2012, 09:23 AM
where am i? I think i found the lag problem. we are missing the ninth chevron to link the stargate with earths servers. please stand by...

ThePendragon
Jan 31, 2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah, that happened to me once. Pretty freaky.

bloodflowers
Jan 31, 2012, 01:22 PM
I never get the impression Sega take any of this very seriously. Where I work network problems like this result in engineers trying to fix them 24x7 on shifts.

RedRaz0r
Jan 31, 2012, 01:39 PM
Official update from the PSU website (not much help, but at least they are aware right?):

Attention, GUARDIANS!
This is just an update on the ongoing server issues. We are working to correct these problems.
The servers may be offline at times as we work on this, and until it is fixed, many of you may experience issues logging on or staying in the game -- this is just a notice for those of you who are not already aware of the situation.
Our apologies for the inconvenience -- we have to go about addressing these issues as methodically as possible and sometimes that means it may take longer than we'd all like. We will post all available updates on this situation as they are available.

Powder Keg
Jan 31, 2012, 01:43 PM
Who wants to bet their game servers are on their last legs and they're trying to save it, and if they can't... no affording new hardware and goodbye PSU in March! :burger:

cheapgunner
Jan 31, 2012, 02:44 PM
Who wants to bet their game servers are on their last legs and they're trying to save it, and if they can't... no affording new hardware and goodbye PSU in March! :burger:

Wouldn't be surprised. I'm under the impression as well, and this is Segac's way of showing the final stretch of the 360 servers before Edward comes on the forums to report its impopssible to save the servers around mid-Feburary as he says March 31, 2012 is the last day of service.

That or the 360 pop. will be stuck with these laggy servers till shutdown...

bloodflowers
Jan 31, 2012, 03:46 PM

Easy way to test - ping the servers. Off the top of my head I don't recall what their IPs are.

cheapgunner
Jan 31, 2012, 09:16 PM
It just hit me that if they don't have the $$ or don't care eough to update the reskinned weps or give the 360 servers the 2nd SU, then they might not have enough cash for fixing the servers. :0

Dazed Elmo
Feb 1, 2012, 04:59 AM
its ok in the mornings in uk

chaos-shadow
Feb 1, 2012, 02:23 PM
Can't play PSU.
Can't play Maple Story.

Everybody's got server issues! D:

MoonlightMyau
Feb 1, 2012, 03:21 PM
This lag is horrendous. It took almost 2 minutes just to change from one universe to another. Going in and out of shops was pretty lengthy too. I didn't bother logging back in when I got lagged out.

Wouldn't be surprised. I'm under the impression as well, and this is Segac's way of showing the final stretch of the 360 servers before Edward comes on the forums to report its impopssible to save the servers around mid-Feburary as he says March 31, 2012 is the last day of service.

That or the 360 pop. will be stuck with these laggy servers till shutdown...

It just hit me that if they don't have the $$ or don't care eough to update the reskinned weps or give the 360 servers the 2nd SU, then they might not have enough cash for fixing the servers. :0

I have a feeling you're both right. The server has been wobbly for a while & every time I log on, there seems to be less and less people. But I hope it can be fixed and that PSU can stick around a bit longer.

bloodflowers
Feb 1, 2012, 03:35 PM
It seemed like it was fixed for about half an hour just then. I could log in (first time all day) and everything in rooms was very speedy. Did a mission and it seemed ok, second time through - big spikes, big enough that Bruce AND myself died before the mission decided to end. No damage, no Star Atomisers working etc.