PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Is using grenade reliable?

Leon-Sky
Jan 29, 2012, 06:50 AM
When I played phantasy star portable the grenade weapons are totally devastating. especially when you're in a boss fight. Now Im really surprised that even though Im using a gur hanab already the damge are critically low and also charge shots are eating to much pp. I still want to give it a chance. What do you think?

Scale of Judgment
Jan 29, 2012, 08:46 AM
I'm guessing this is regular psp2. The grenade launcher isn't as strong as it was but it is still useful. The only grenade launcher people will use is the Massacre Bunker that has a reduced pp consumption and higher damage output. Though you sacrifice range but that isn't bad compare to the bang it gives.

Leon-Sky
Jan 29, 2012, 09:25 AM
Oh the first one phantasy star portable. Yeah I will try the weapon massacre bunker. Which is better charge shot one two?

Nidramag
Jan 29, 2012, 01:30 PM
the first phantasy star portable is completely different from PSP2 and PSP2i.

PSP2 is a combination of PSO/PSZ and PSU/PSP, PSP was just a ported version of PSU. PSP2(i) is it's own, new game, with totally different battle mechanics.

blace
Jan 29, 2012, 02:56 PM
In the case of PSP2i, CSII drains the entire PP gauge to use. It still drains the gauge for CSI, but the effects are more devastating for CSII.

Alisha
Jan 29, 2012, 05:16 PM
it doesnt drain the entire PP guage it just costs a LOT! like i think 120PP for a lvl1 charge so to use a lvl2 charge twice you probally need somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 PP.

Sinue_v2
Jan 29, 2012, 06:09 PM
Seems to me that grenades aren't really useful as a standard or heavy damage dealer this time around. Even when attacking bosses with multiple hitboxes, the PP consumption is far too high. They're still pretty useful as situational weapons though, great at pinning some annoying enemies (like Magashi) against a corner wall so that the other players can build chains and rape them with impunity. Just don't use the charge shots.

If you play a lot online where other players have comparable aggression and damage dealing potential, they come in handy. Offline, eh, not so much.

Leon-Sky
Jan 30, 2012, 10:36 PM
the first phantasy star portable is completely different from PSP2 and PSP2i.

PSP2 is a combination of PSO/PSZ and PSU/PSP, PSP was just a ported version of PSU. PSP2(i) is it's own, new game, with totally different battle mechanics.

In the case of PSP2i, CSII drains the entire PP gauge to use. It still drains the gauge for CSI, but the effects are more devastating for CSII.

it doesnt drain the entire PP guage it just costs a LOT! like i think 120PP for a lvl1 charge so to use a lvl2 charge twice you probally need somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 PP.

Seems to me that grenades aren't really useful as a standard or heavy damage dealer this time around. Even when attacking bosses with multiple hitboxes, the PP consumption is far too high. They're still pretty useful as situational weapons though, great at pinning some annoying enemies (like Magashi) against a corner wall so that the other players can build chains and rape them with impunity. Just don't use the charge shots.

If you play a lot online where other players have comparable aggression and damage dealing potential, they come in handy. Offline, eh, not so much.

Hmm all of you guys are correct. I might experiment between the two charges but it really cost so much pp but I guess don't have any choice (geez) I just miss the first performance of grenade way back in portable