PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 did they finally put psp2 back on psn?

adonis565
Jan 29, 2012, 05:52 PM
or are they still investigating the problem?

Gintoki-kun
Jan 30, 2012, 02:27 PM
They're still investigating the problem or don't care at all that it was pulled from the PSN Store.

blace
Jan 30, 2012, 03:04 PM
The PSP section of the store hasn't really been getting any attention and the Vita is almost released.

ashley50
Jan 30, 2012, 04:45 PM
What problem? There was problem?

OldCoot
Jan 30, 2012, 06:10 PM
What problem? There was problem?

PSP2 isn't being offered though PSN as a digital download at the moment. The only version they have is the UMD. So, PSVita players and PSP Go players are SOL.

Several folks have asked though email and it is being looked into. PSVita comes out in last February.

Link1275
Jan 30, 2012, 06:24 PM
PSP2 isn't being offered though PSN as a digital download at the moment. The only version they have is the UMD. So, PSVita players and PSP Go players are SOL.

Several folks have asked though email and it is being looked into. PSVita comes out in last February.
Unless they get an ISO and CFW.

Orohu
Jan 30, 2012, 09:39 PM
Which, unless they own a UMD of the game to rip from, is illegal. And they still won't get a Little Wings license.

Sinue_v2
Jan 30, 2012, 10:13 PM
Which, unless they own a UMD of the game to rip from, is illegal. And they still won't get a Little Wings license.

Point 1: Less people care than you think. If people want the game, and Sega/Sony won't legitimately sell it to them, then they will seek other means of obtaining it. Where it's going to hurt sales is in the casual purchases.

Point 2: You don't need a Little Wing License to play PSP2 online. Sega couldn't be bothered with implementing their own anti-piracy measures.

Point 3: This is part of why I don't trust Digital Downloads. Your right to the the material you paid for only lasts as long as the Terms of the Service, and the availability of that service. A similar situation happened with DOOM on XBLA after Bethesda acquired the property, and it was only recently put back up. While DOOM is already on every platform known to man, and every man/woman/child in the world owns an average of two copies, it's ubiquitous availability elsewhere does not damage the point that it can happen to rarer titles confined to one or two outlets.

blace
Jan 30, 2012, 10:14 PM

I see you're holding onto the possibility of having that implemented, but honestly the game is far beyond saving so new or not with or without the license, people can get on without any restriction.

blazingsonic
Jul 3, 2012, 03:59 PM
Sega's silence on this is odd, are they planning an updated rerelease? Has any gaming company do a stealthy trick like this?

Xaton
Jul 3, 2012, 05:58 PM
hmms if pulled it for a rerelease with added content and all that could it be rerelease as infinity? or have the said data added on like portable 2 extream or somthing XD. imean if they place in infinity [sense there i think the little wing license works] would be good idea sense portable 2 has already been infected so to speak. so bring out infinity [which has portable 2 story and new one at same time] and charge a bit more then what it was as portable alone.

Ame
Jul 4, 2012, 10:23 AM
i just checked my account on the netbook by surfing the games section and it showed psp2 on there to buy.now i am not so sure and i could be wrong,but maybe you have to download it from your computer now?can another person check this for me just to make sure i am not seeing things?

blazingsonic
Jul 5, 2012, 05:02 PM
Nope just the PSP1 demo.