PDA

View Full Version : Infinity II: Machine guns are for show or means some serious business?

Leon-Sky
Jan 30, 2012, 11:06 PM
I am currently wondering the design of the machine gun weapon type.. I'm giving it a chance for almost 5 times now because I love guns and can't ignore the fact that they look awesome. Now my question is that only for show? Again I still want to give it a chance like the grenades. here's a rundown

Damage wise (not to high)
Firing rate doesn't cope up with the damage
PP wise (OMG) for 5 to 8 chains your PP is almost at half
(for the first set of pp, no rebirth)

CS1: damage is not to high not like the handgun and crossbow. these two are devastating

CS2: cool moves but what about the damage?

Now open for suggestions ^^ what do you think?

Nidramag
Jan 30, 2012, 11:08 PM
I just don't like guns in general and I think the chain system/charge shot break/PP attached to character totally kills machineguns. (In PSP1 I made a hunter beast and just ran around with it always firing and killed everything)

Leon-Sky
Jan 30, 2012, 11:14 PM
yeah In PSP1 it was decent not like today I am completely annoyed about the design of this one

Sinue_v2
Jan 30, 2012, 11:16 PM
They're decent enough for building chains on single/low spawn enemies on a tech/gunner build, especially when coupled with chain building tech like SaBarta. Use Meseta Bullet PA to negate PP consumption and avoid charge shot though. When the chain is sufficiently high, blast away with Diga or a similarly high-powered tech.

They're more of a support weapon than an offensive weapon, and far more useful online than off.

Leon-Sky
Jan 30, 2012, 11:20 PM
oh now I see! I dont think I want to do that on my RA-Cast but for my Force that will be a good idea, but I'm using an R-mag though. But for meseta bullet it will eat alot of money right?

Sinue_v2
Jan 30, 2012, 11:27 PM
But for meseta bullet it will eat alot of money right?

Not really. Money isn't exactly hard to come by in PSP2/i. Most of it will get eaten up upgrading your weapons, and the change left over + what drops in the mission should be more than enough to keep you banging along for as long as you need.

Leon-Sky
Jan 30, 2012, 11:41 PM
Oh I see thanks Sinue. I had a trauma way back in psp1. meseta bullets loosen up my money haha! thanks again. I might use it again for this.

Nidramag
Jan 31, 2012, 12:37 AM
ahhh reminds me of the good ol' days with charge vulcans...

Leon-Sky
Feb 1, 2012, 10:02 PM
yeah! devastating