PDA

View Full Version : RAcasts strong

adonis565
Feb 7, 2012, 07:43 PM
ramars are just to weak I have a pure power mag and used nothing but power mats and still he is weak

Chaos Rappy
Feb 7, 2012, 10:25 PM
I would post more on the subject of how it's all realy subjective to how you play your characters and the variance between offline and online play, but I feel the fact that the original post doesn't really explain anything or lead into any kind of discussion, so I think I'll simply do the same and lead nowhere.

adonis565
Feb 8, 2012, 08:00 AM
anyone want to actually try and help me?

DoctorShanks
Feb 8, 2012, 09:20 AM
Sega derped Rangers in this game.

I assume you're playing offline so try using Jellen and Zalure to your advantage. If you don't like those techs then just make a RAcast. RAcast is in fact stronger and Bulkier and more beginner friendly. But if you can master all the supportive techs of the RAmar then he will serve you well.

@Chaos: Last time someone asked about RAmars vs RAcasts, it lead into a heated discussion lasting many pages. Simply put, I said RAmars were better offline and RAcasts were better online (assuming there is a Force in both parties).

Atbar
Feb 8, 2012, 11:26 PM
Oh....it's this thread again. Rangers are the bottom of the barrel in PSZ with the hierachy being force>hunter>ranger in terms of damage. Knowing this, you can either a) learn to enjoy your character and play him effectively or b) give up, delete the character, and make something more powerful.

The_Pup
Feb 9, 2012, 02:52 PM
Hint for RAmar/l: EVA, Jellen (zalure is a waste), OverEnd Hocho, Celeb, Mine Sneak, L1-5 Heat, Spears, Flame Hit/Earth Bullet, Bio Panic, Sabers, Bull Smash Shields, Force Ride, 4-way Flozir/Midgul, solo (not chained) Granir, Mech Guns, chained PAs, Cool Style/Bullet Dance/Spinning Death, Gunblades, Offensive (Ruffian) and Special (Fickle) mags, and AI partners are your friends.

If you're wanting a secondary solution to your damage woes, go full MST and use a slicer (with bright sign, obviously).

Seriously, CHAINS MATTER. Activate them on 3+ and watch your damage go up dramatically.

DoctorShanks
Feb 9, 2012, 04:01 PM
So... Zalure doesn't really help for Damage all that much as a Ranger? I didn't know this :O

Now that I think about it though, there doesn't seem to be much of a use for Zalure at Paru with all the Bolix spawns and Pobomma spawns, the latter of which has a 0 resistance to Meele regardless of difficulty (I think).

Bolmack
Feb 10, 2012, 05:30 AM
I enjoy my lvl 90 Racast i know he isnt the best in atack damage but u can do damage constantly and u nver stop, so i love rangers :3