View Full Version : Best Rare mag for HUcast

Necha54
Feb 9, 2012, 04:28 AM
Alright, i have a Varaha with
DEF:25
POW:148
DEX:23
MING:4

but i was looking to get my hands a Diwari but wasnt sure if that would be a good choice for my Hucast. so i wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on what kind of rare mag would be the best for him. His ATA is really low and its hard to hit anything in Ult. :\ not doin to well. Anyway, any advice would be great as always. :) thanks.

Slidikins
Feb 9, 2012, 09:53 AM
Judging from this guide on maxing a HUcast's stats (http://www.pso-world.com/downloads/guides/ricomaxstat/crqmaxstatguidehucast.pdf), you'll probably want around 58 DEX on your MAG. That will be a nice boost on what your current MAG grants you (and for the record, never have an odd number for Dex. It's a waste).

So, chances are you can get whatever 4th evolution MAG you want. Now as a Hunter, I'd want more damage more than anything else. But as a Cast you can't cast S/D on yourself. So if you're playing solo, a MAG that gives a lot of S/D is probably a good choice.

These are mags that S/D at Bar Fill and Boss Fights, heal at 1/10 HP, and reverser when you die:
Deva, Diwari, Pushan, Rati, Rukmin, and Savitri.

Your Diwari is on that list, so good ahead and make one for yourself. If you need help making that MAG, just let me know what stats you want (consult the guide, perhaps) and what PBs you want.

Ketchup345
Feb 9, 2012, 10:22 AM
Max stat guides aren't best for leveling. It takes a long time to get to 200 (half exp is actually at level 183).
In this case though, 58 DEX isn't a bad decision. Any DEX above 50 should help a bit, and use */Arm units to help until no longer needed. As a HUcast, aim for 0 MIND, since you can't even use that stat.

Having an odd amount of DEX on a Mag is not a waste. The game actually does realize partial levels of ATA.

Slidikins
Feb 9, 2012, 10:31 AM
Max stat guides aren't best for leveling. It takes a long time to get to 200 (half exp is actually at level 183).
In this case though, 58 DEX isn't a bad decision. Any DEX above 50 should help a bit, and use */Arm units to help until no longer needed. As a HUcast, aim for 0 MIND, since you can't even use that stat.

Having an odd amount of DEX on a Mag is not a waste. The game actually does realize partial levels of ATA.

I've found that generally a max-stat mag and a leveling mag for a Cast is practically the same thing. If he was not a HUcast I probably wouldn't've suggested it, but Casts are generally simple enough to just make the mag for the long haul.

As far as partial DEX goes, I've never seen it matter, but I'll take your word on it. But why have half a point of dex that sometimes matters when you could have 2 more ATP that always matters? Since the end goal is to kiss the maximum, partials don't really matter (since this mag is not intended for maximum stats, the italicized text is moot.)

But yes... over 50 Dex, 0 Mind, and tons of Pow. Even though HUcasts have very nice DFP, I would try not to put points into your mags Def. It's a 1:1 ratio that can be better handled with Def materials.

Ketchup345
Feb 9, 2012, 11:17 AM
As far as partial DEX goes, I've never seen it matter, but I'll take your word on it. But why have half a point of dex that sometimes matters when you could have 2 more ATP that always matters?

But yes... over 50 Dex, 0 Mind, and tons of Pow. Even though HUcasts have very nice DFP, I would try not to put points into your mags Def. It's a 1:1 ratio that can be better handled with Def materials.I may have mistyped. 0.5% is recognized by the game as existing, but may not be used in the hit calculations (I am unsure of this part).

ATA matters more than ATP in some ways. 2 ATP is essentially insignificant in comparison to the total. 0.5 ATA is huge as a ratio of gain:total. The 0.5ATA from an odd DEX level is seen on some character levels, or others if you equip a Master/Ability as well. In these cases the extra half ATA point may be useful.

A HUcast at level 100 by default has 646 ATP and 125 ATA. 2 ATP is 0.003%. 0.5 ATA is 0.004%.

Dongra
Feb 9, 2012, 11:58 AM
I would suggest using a 5/150/45/0 Nidra. It's an easy to raise mag, looks good, and has all invincibility triggers with 50% activation rate that doesn't rely on syncro. Another tip, the photon blast Mylla & Youlla is a must on a Hucast.

Necha54
Feb 9, 2012, 03:48 PM
The reason for wanting a diwari is kind of for the look on a HUcast :P but it doesnt matter i just want a mag till atleast lvl 130 my level is currently lvl 54. But i typically have no problem raising mags, since i used to raise mags all the time when people got to lazy to do it them selves -_- but anyway, thank you for the replies :)

Btw can anyone tell me the diwari stats to evolve and what class is needed, if i read the thread i read right then it take a female ranger. But i dont know.

Slidikins
Feb 9, 2012, 04:52 PM
For a Diwari you need a Ranger Female (RAmarl/RAcaseal) with Skyly/Pinkal/Yellowboze as their section ID.

DEF + POW = DEX + MIND is the equation you're going for. Provided you're not raising DEF or MIND that means you want:

5 DEF
45 POW
50 DEX
0 MIND

At Lv100, to make your Diwari. After that I'd raise POW some more, since 45 POW is terribly low for a HUcast, and get to 50+ DEX before it's Lv200. If you're following the guide, you want to finish it as:

5 DEF
137 POW
58 DEX
0 MIND

(Side note of personal preference: If you can take your MAG through the MAG > Kalki > Mitra > Ila path, you'll get Estella, Pilla, and M&Y... which is not a bad set of PB to have at all)

Omega-z
Feb 10, 2012, 03:22 PM
Correction - Cast's can cast S/D on themselves using S-Red Blades special and the only exception to the rule.