PDA

View Full Version : Someone DDoSing that one server...

Link1275
Feb 9, 2012, 04:42 PM
For those of you that play on the server that's really popular(the one that's pro-legit and is really strict on hacking for PSOBB) and you don't read the forums for said server someone is DDoSing it(they got perm-banned and are angry), basically until this blows over you can't play on the afore-mentioned server.

For those that don't know what DDoS is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

Sp-24
Feb 9, 2012, 05:41 PM
I was playing there just a few hours ago, so I guess it's breaking news, huh? May I ask for more details?

Link1275
Feb 9, 2012, 06:00 PM
Some butt-head named Ender(who should have died of cancer years ago from what I read in the GM report section and was also a ban on sight player because of being a hacker under the old administration) who was around since the start of the server before the new admin(called Crono on the server's forums) got to be the new admin, got perm-banned, and so in retaliation he's screwing with the server. From what I hear it's been going on for awhile and has only gotten to be noticeable by a the majority of people today, basically if you're playing on the server whose name starts with four caps lock letter that don't make sense and ends in Hack you're on said server and should not try to play as the part that they are attacking is the login part.
Also some people have reported being able to get on, but when they try to play with other people it gets really laggy, and if you try to start a topic on the problem on the server's forums it will get locked by MIURETH(the forum mod that could be called an information nazi after this) simply, because they are trying to cover it up so that the game admins/mods can fix the problem quietly before word gets out that it's happening.

Sp-24
Feb 9, 2012, 06:15 PM
I've checked the forums, and one of the mods there says, I quote: "stop trolling asbout ender and do not give fake information... ...you were banned from the game, do you want to be banned from the forums too?".

I've seen Ender yesterday in the "main" lobby - he was just sitting there, and randomly saying "lol" to somebody citing random 4chan posts. Are you sure there isn't more to the story than that?

Link1275
Feb 9, 2012, 06:20 PM
I've checked the forums, and one of the mods there says, I quote: "stop trolling asbout ender and do not give fake information... ...you were banned from the game, do you want to be banned from the forums too?".

I've seen Ender yesterday in the "main" lobby - he was just sitting there, and randomly saying "lol" to somebody citing random 4chan posts. Are you sure there isn't more to the story than that?
Trust me, I went into the GM report section and checked the case thread Ender got banned for good the other guy was probably the guy that got banned for one week, because he was so insistent on Ender being a hacker(Ender mentioned something in the chat logs he provided about a hack called GOE/God of Equip) in the end Ender was found out to be a ban on site player and the other guy got a ban period of one week.

EDIT: Also this was the last post in the case:

"this is an interesting thing, all the info about that guy Alexia matches with the conduct of this guy Ender.

ty for the information, this case is closed for the public so nobody should mention anything about this anymore to perjuice to any person of this report."

And guess who posted it. If you guessed MIURETH you're correct.

Slidikins
Feb 9, 2012, 06:26 PM
Not that I hack or anything, but GoE has been one of the simplest cheats in PSO since v1 on the Dreamcast. It's entirely client-based and a toddler could do it if he cared to. Using that cheat does not make Ender a hacker in any sense of the word.

I'm getting the feeling that things are being blown way out of proportion. The server got hit with a DDoS, yes. The mods are working to fix it, yes. The mods are deleting posts (like this one) to prevent hysteria because the problem is already being handled.

Let's put it this way... there's a flood in your house. You know there's a flood. Do you:
a) Want to fix the flood or
b) Want to answer the 800 calls from neighbors telling you that there might be a flood.

They're unplugging the phone.

Necha54
Feb 9, 2012, 06:26 PM
This is why i dont play online :P

Sp-24
Feb 9, 2012, 06:34 PM
Admittedly, I didn't read the report topic completely. Still, the topic is titled "Admitting to using God/Equip". Is there even such a thing? Because from my DC experience, if somebody is blaming somebody else for using it, chances are high that the person is a troll. Oh well, Oscar is temp-banned too, anyway, even if for a wrong reason...

Link1275
Feb 9, 2012, 06:36 PM
Not that I hack or anything, but GoE has been one of the simplest cheats in PSO since v1 on the Dreamcast. It's entirely client-based and a toddler could do it if he cared to. Using that cheat does not make Ender a hacker in any sense of the word.

I'm getting the feeling that things are being blown way out of proportion. The server got hit with a DDoS, yes. The mods are working to fix it, yes. The mods are deleting posts (like this one) to prevent hysteria because the problem is already being handled.

Let's put it this way... there's a flood in your house. You know there's a flood. Do you:
a) Want to fix the flood or
b) Want to answer the 800 calls from neighbors telling you that there might be a flood.

They're unplugging the phone.
And quite effectively hiding the situation(one of the things I hate about leaders that have complete and absolute control is that they almost always at one point use their power to control knowledge). One of the problems with hiding the situation though is that people are still getting on the server and the part that they are DDoSing is the login part which means when ever someone logs on their account info could easily be stolen.

Sp-24
Feb 9, 2012, 06:39 PM
A simple DDoS attack is not a threat to other people's accounts.

Oh, and now thinking of it, God/Equip and God of Equip are two entirely different things. Maybe the game mod was right about the guy overreacting.

Link1275
Feb 9, 2012, 06:44 PM
A simple DDoS attack is not a threat to other people's accounts.

Oh, and now thinking of it, God/Equip and God of Equip are two entirely different things. Maybe the game mod was right about the guy overreacting.
We don't know how complex it is though, because they're keeping everyone in the dark about it. He could easily have made something that requires the server to get a new IP address or he could have done something as simple as writing a DDoS program to lag up the server(which can probably be fixed very easily once crono get's around to actually doing it, in that case all you'd have to do is IP ban him and everyone that's DDoSing the server).

NegaTsukasa
Feb 9, 2012, 09:46 PM
damn. DDoSing something is a waist of time, solves nothing, and makes the person who did it look like a giant prick. If they are trying to make a statement by doing this, even if its for revenge, it's an utter joke and not worth a damn thing in the long run. people sicken me sometimes. they need to grow up.

I'm hoping it all gets fixed soon. generally nothing should ever be worth DDoSing. -_-

Is person that is banned an executive programmer for the private server? If so, it might be extremely difficult to take down some one who has a good portion of code control and probably access to otherwise more restricted files lower level mods/programmers (if there are any) can't get to for that server.

Link1275
Feb 10, 2012, 01:02 AM
damn. DDoSing something is a waist of time, solves nothing, and makes the person who did it look like a giant prick. If they are trying to make a statement by doing this, even if its for revenge, it's an utter joke and not worth a damn thing in the long run. people sicken me sometimes. they need to grow up.

I'm hoping it all gets fixed soon. generally nothing should ever be worth DDoSing. -_-

Is person that is banned an executive programmer for the private server? If so, it might be extremely difficult to take down some one who has a good portion of code control and probably access to otherwise more restricted files lower level mods/programmers (if there are any) can't get to for that server.
Nah, my understanding based on what I read when the old server admin left(the one who founded it) the server practically split into two factions or something like that after a while one big group and another small group I guess. My guess he was from the small group that are now called traitors and became ban on sight. Also this is what makes me think there was some sort of split(I edited out the name of the old admin, because he named the server after himself):
unless he was one of those traitors GMs from the end of the administration of ******** who's are Ban on sight this was posted in his ban case, because he had been marauding as a GM which is a bannable offense.

EDIT: And this is what made him mad:

bah double post.

i can confirm now that Ender is that cancer guy called Alexia a hacker from ******** Administration days.

shoudn't be he now dead because of the cancer? lol

i will change his ban period to permanent

SStrikerR
Feb 10, 2012, 06:07 PM
Question. If somebody players BB on that server, and they don't read their forums...what makes you think they read here?

Either way, you have no idea what you're talking about and your "hints" for the server name sound ridiculous. We're not idiots; we know where you're talking about. The only people who wouldn't are people who aren't concerned (shock).

blace
Feb 10, 2012, 06:24 PM
You are giving out a large deal of info about a server we can't name here. Nice job naming the individuals involved as well, that's one way to get them to be known.

Like SStriker said, if they don't bother with the forums there, why bother with it here?

Shade_Koopa
Feb 11, 2012, 01:51 AM
Probably because they can't most much there. All topic in this subject is being locked and such. While I'm not sure if that's a good idea over there, as blace has pointed out, why talk about it here? This doesn't seem to make any sense to us; since we probably have nothing to do with it. This topic may as well be closed to due lack of any relation to this forum.