PDA

View Full Version : Guide what weapons should i be using as a ranger

adonis565
Feb 10, 2012, 07:00 PM
the only ones that seem to be worth using is mech guns and maybe rifles

Bolmack
Feb 10, 2012, 09:36 PM
i always use mech guns rly works so nice, and i like using bazookas but just in hig lvl cause lows lvls bazookas don deal to much dmge so wait till u can get a nemesis whit celeb lvl 3 or more

DoctorShanks
Feb 10, 2012, 10:11 PM
Celeb is truly amazing isn't it? Unfortunate that most SH players don't know of its power.

Mine Sneak is a good PA on Rifles, so if you can find a Lv3+ Enfield/Lavateinn with Mine Sneak or Wipeout and apply Celeb to it, you'll be surprised at how strong you'll be. Same story applies to the Blue Bulleta/Crimson Vis with Acro Step or Cool Style.

Also note that if you use Ranger weapons at Gurhacia, Paru, or Arca, then your damage will be reduced. Best to find a good Saber or Spear or even Gunblade to use. Celeb everything that can be customized.

You're welcome.

Atbar
Feb 11, 2012, 01:01 AM
Shanks above me speaks the truth. There's also Element Boost that boosts Celeb but it won't boost Celeb at level 5. And you can always equip Divine/Powers or Master/Powers or even Hero/Powers if you want more power.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 11, 2012, 01:50 AM
As far as melee weapons go, as a Ranger, you have some good options to you for finding some good ones. For spears, Makara Ruins is a good place for Grand Chariot, since the enemies don't resist ranged much. Dark Shrine is pretty good for gunblades for Neidaryls from Phobos (rare drop) or the more common Naglering drop from Zaphobos. Ozette Wetlnads is good too for the exceedingly common Nersir drop from Hypaos. If you're wanting to try for the best, but at the slight risk for the slight ranged resistance, Gurhacia has the Frigiand drop from Grimbles and Tormatibles, though it's a pretty rare sight.

For any kind of universal drops, though, you can always try your hands at the Super Eternal Tower, however, your best chances are really only from Mothers (Shot for Neidaryl and Frigiand, along with every other Ranged weapons; Force Mother for Rouge Pulse, for some reason it drops from her; Blade Mother for the occasional Grand Chariot drop, along with any RA- equippable melee weapon you might want / use).

adonis565
Feb 11, 2012, 01:38 PM
someone on here told me laser cannons were good on boss fights is that true?

DoctorShanks
Feb 11, 2012, 01:44 PM
Sometimes... they're usually outclassed by something else though. Bio Panic is a poor man's Flame Hit. Divine Ray is really good at Dark Falz or so I hear, when he spawns his little orbs. Sector Line is a joke, though. If you can find a good Laser Cannon, then try it out.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 11, 2012, 03:20 PM
Yeah, Divine Ray is only good for when his orbs are all in close proximity of the blast, since Divine Ray has the same ATP modifier as Over End, but for a Laser Cannon, but it only hits once, so the slightly less 160% ATP mod of Bio-Panic for three hits that also have good AoE could be preferred. Sector Line is just a joke, TBQH. Only hits once, MAYBE twice if you aim it wrong and get a lucky second hit from it, low ATP mod, decreased ATA, with the only upside is its HUGE AoE, but is it really necessary to sacrifice so much for AoE if you can aim the other two PA's well enough?

As far as boss fights go, though, usually, you're best bet is Bazooka's Heavy Attack -> Wild Blow / Crush Bomb PA spam, or just stick to some really good Mechs, Flame Hit Handgun, or any other weapon that has a PA with good damage and enough AoE to hit as many potential target spots as possible on the boss in question.

Nick O'Demus
Feb 11, 2012, 11:17 PM
If you're using a human Ranger, you can also use Slicers to good effect. Those do melee damage without having to get close to the enemy, so they're good for areas strong against gun attacks. Just raise a pure-mind mag to use with it. Bright Sign is the best Slicer PA.