PDA

View Full Version : Infinity anyone try getting infinity on the vita

adonis565
Feb 13, 2012, 06:53 PM
through this method

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/61920180

Mike
Feb 13, 2012, 10:32 PM
If my TV weren't broken, I'd give that a try.

Link1275
Feb 13, 2012, 11:51 PM
It should also work with MediaGo as well I'm assuming.

Brou150
Feb 14, 2012, 02:24 AM
But would infrastructure work?

Link1275
Feb 14, 2012, 11:04 AM
But would infrastructure work?
It would have to connect to the PSP part of the PSN network would be my guess so, if you're playing Infinity on Vita you're going to be stuck offline(like me, because I can't afford to buy the game right now and have to use an ISO till Christmas).

adonis565
Feb 14, 2012, 01:39 PM
It looks like it does not work:(

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/61920180?page=9

page ten last comment

adonis565
Feb 21, 2012, 12:31 PM
Anyone wanna try now?

blace
Feb 21, 2012, 01:51 PM
The US release of the Vita isn't until tomorrow, and if current Vita systems don't recognize the game, there really isn't much to expect.

Link1275
Feb 21, 2012, 03:20 PM
Did anyone ever try putting the game data directly into the game folder by using a PC?

Shilandra
Feb 21, 2012, 06:24 PM
Wouldn't work, the game won't be installed, no licence then and can't start i think :/

Link1275
Feb 21, 2012, 06:53 PM
Wouldn't work, the game won't be installed, no licence then and can't start i think :/
If you were to plop the file that is on your PSP on to the Vita it would be as installed as it was on the PSP.

blace
Feb 21, 2012, 07:26 PM
If you were to plop the file that is on your PSP on to the Vita it would be as installed as it was on the PSP.

Activation license is stilled needed to play. The directories may also be different, meaning you can't drag and drop the game onto the system and play.

Masterflower
Feb 22, 2012, 02:22 AM
If you can't download the game from the Vita, then the Vita isnt gonna pick it up. I tried this with a few games and the Vita doesnt pick them up from the PS3. The way you copy stuff to your Vita is annoying but hey, what can you do?

The only way to put games you downloaded from your PS3 to your Vita is that the Vita has to pick it up or otherwise it wont copy it. Also from the looks of it, All Phantasy Star Portable games dont work on the Vita.

Link1275
Feb 22, 2012, 12:46 PM
Activation license is stilled needed to play. The directories may also be different, meaning you can't drag and drop the game onto the system and play.
That's even easier to find, it's located at psp/license/npjh50332 on your memory stick.

blace
Feb 22, 2012, 01:26 PM
It most likely uses a different set of licenses to work anyhow, seeing as it doesn't recognize majority of the PSP library.

Link1275
Feb 22, 2012, 01:50 PM
The license is just a bit of hex that say this account has bought this game, so unless they changed the formatting it would be too easy too put it on there(and I doubt that they changed the licenses).

Anon_Fire
Feb 22, 2012, 03:21 PM
Or it could be that Infinity isn't compatible with the Vita yet.

Link1275
Feb 22, 2012, 04:12 PM
Or it could be that Infinity isn't compatible with the Vita yet.
The only reason that I can see for that would be the same reason as to why you couldn't play Infinity on 6.00 OFW(just the best firmware I could think of for an example), unless Infinity used some firmware features yet to be implemented on the Vita. All though it is possible that the current Vita firmware isn't compatible with newer PSP games to keep the PSP system alive for just a bit longer.

Mak-0087
Feb 24, 2012, 10:14 PM
hello guys this will be my first post on pso world so i just want to ask!

um... its me or something wrong? i can't find PS:P1/2 on the psn.. anyone have any clue?

D-Gold
Feb 24, 2012, 10:43 PM
hello guys this will be my first post on pso world so i just want to ask!

um... its me or something wrong? i can't find PS:P1/2 on the psn.. anyone have any clue?

Phantasy star portable 1 was never on psn.
Phantasy star portable 2 was on psn but it was taken off unintentionally. ( I am not sure if it is back up yet)

You can still find the demo's of phantasy star portable 1 and 2 on psn however

blace
Feb 24, 2012, 11:00 PM
Phantasy star portable 1 was never on psn.
Phantasy star portable 2 was on psn but it was taken off unintentionally. ( I am not sure if it is back up yet)

You can still find the demo's of phantasy star portable 1 and 2 on psn however

The demo for Phantasy Star Portable 2 was taken down with the full game as well. The only thing PS related is the Sega Classics and the Phantasy Star Portable demo.

r00tabaga
Feb 24, 2012, 11:28 PM
Just wait for Phantasy Star Victory...already in development. Keep playing Phantasy Star Portable on your PSP and soon you will be able to play Phantasy Star Victory on your PSV (PS Vita of course). Pretty slick right?!?

Leon-Sky
Feb 26, 2012, 02:56 AM
Is there a news that they will release this games in vita? currently confuse on getting one.I don't know if I should get the one with wifi or with the 3G. big difference in price though.

If anyone knows if SEGA will release one if this game kindly leave a message. ^^ and if someone knows what's PSVITA is better. well it depends on your connection though but we don't have any wifi zone around ^^

r00tabaga
Feb 27, 2012, 11:46 PM
Only Victory is being developed for the Vita. No PSPo2:I or PSO2.

Victory is basically PSPo3 fwiw...

Leon-Sky
Feb 28, 2012, 06:56 AM
Whoah cool!I wonder if they will change the graphics and stuff and make it similkar to pso2

SephirothXer0
Feb 28, 2012, 07:39 AM
Although it is very likely Sega is developing a Portable sequel on the Vita, it is only a rumor at this point. Anyone who claims to know anything more than that without a source is probably just daydreaming.

r00tabaga
Feb 28, 2012, 03:22 PM
Although it is very likely Sega is developing a Portable sequel on the Vita, it is only a rumor at this point. Anyone who claims to know anything more than that without a source is probably just daydreaming.

You probably should stay more current on twitter then. It is already under development.

adonis565
Feb 28, 2012, 05:29 PM
You probably should stay more current on twitter then. It is already under development.

do you have a link to this

r00tabaga
Feb 29, 2012, 12:01 AM
In news that’s just a bit old, as Magic Box reports it appears SEGA developer Kenichi Tanase has accidentally let the title of the next Phantasy Star game out on Twitter. It seems this new Phantasy Star will be titled Phantasy Star Victory (emphasis added).

Phantasy Star is an RPG franchise started by SEGA in 1987, and has become a fixture for the studio encompassing dozens of games, and other media. In particular, the series has spawned 2 successful spinoff brands, in Phantasy Star Online, and Phantasy Star Universe. The latest entry in Phantasy Star Universe is the PlayStation Portable title Phantasy Star Portable 2i.

Does the acronym PSV for Victory mean it’ll end up on PlayStation Vita, just as PSP ended up on PlayStation Portable? Chinese forum TG Bus seems to think so. In fact, they’re willing to say that the game was actually Phantasy Star Portable 3 for PSP, and that developer Sonic Team moved it to Vita after examining the current market, and feeling that platform’s time was over.

Is TG Bus’s description accurate? I don’t know. They may have translated the platform switch information from Kenichi Tanase’s Twitter page, but as I don’t understand Japanese, I can’t say for certain.[/b]

We do know SEGA has 5 titles in development for Vita. One of which we know to be Virtua Tennis 4, another heavily rumored to be Sonic Generations, and another to be a new IP from their newly launched UK Studio.

Mike
Feb 29, 2012, 01:26 AM
It's too soon to say anything specific about Victory. The tweet that set it off said nothing about the game being in development. The title "Phantasy Star Victory" itself was also one of the possible titles for Phantasy Star Zero. That said, there are several arrows pointing to a sequel or other possible portable game: questionaires for PSO2 & PSP2, the tweet in question, various interviews on the origins of Infinity as a game, and talk during the Infinity Grand Prix. Until there's more solid information I don't think you can definetly say that "it's under development" though.

Edit: Shogai's article (http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2011/06/110629a.html) on the the tweet in question.

r00tabaga
Feb 29, 2012, 02:37 PM
Too soon? Ok yes...but SEGA has 5 games in development stage right now for Vita and multiple sources have said PSO2 for PC, Victory for portable and a PS console game is the plan. So I would consider it MORE than a rumor but I am probably wrong. :)
PS:V would be sick with Vita's graphics, anti piracy and touch functions.

Link1275
Feb 29, 2012, 05:04 PM
anti piracy
You sir are very funny. Let me tell you something about pirates, they're as determined as it gets the Vita has already had a Hello World program run on it(albeit it was an old PSP version you still get the point). If someone wants to pirate PSVita games they WILL.

r00tabaga
Feb 29, 2012, 11:17 PM
As long as it is "harder", I'm happy. My 11 yr old modded his PSP by watching YouTube. You're right, no system is pirate free but with the proprietary mem cards, it is not gonna be easy.

Leon-Sky
Feb 29, 2012, 11:32 PM
Let's see and wait. chuckles!

Link1275
Mar 1, 2012, 10:34 AM
As long as it is "harder", I'm happy. My 11 yr old modded his PSP by watching YouTube. You're right, no system is pirate free but with the proprietary mem cards, it is not gonna be easy.
The first step to modding the Vita is something everyone can see, removing all of Sony's control after you have it(being able to write what you want to the memory stick).

landman
Mar 1, 2012, 01:35 PM
I have Portable 2 on my Vita, downloaded the installer on the PS3 and the Vita recognized it, but I don't have the digital version of Infinity, and I don't want to be switching accounts in that console, now my PSP3000 will be only for my Japanese account.