PDA

View Full Version : Why does RemoteJoyLite hate PSP2/PSP2i so much?

Kyle873
Feb 16, 2012, 08:52 PM
So for the last few days I've been trying to get back into PSP2 again, however, it's been at least a year since I've played and my vision's gotten considerably worse. I can no longer read the screen at all and so I've resorted to using RMJ to play my PSP games, however, PSP2 is the ONLY GAME which somehow WILL NOT WORK no matter what I do. I've tried US/JP versions of PSP2, even JP PSP2i, both ISO and legit store-bought versions, both the ISO and PSN versions of PSP2 freeze in the exact same places. I've tried the latest RMJ 0.19 for 6.20+ CFW, the older 0.19, 0.20a, nothing works. It always freezes RIGHT when I enter the game, and usually on the character selection screen while loading the characters as well. I've disabled all game plugins but RMJ and still no go, so I'm just wondering if this just isn't going to happen and I should give up now, or if I'm missing some important thing here? Right now I'm on 6.20 Pro-B10. I've also seen people make Youtube videos using RMJ and PSP2, so it must work somehow. Also, I've reinstalled the PSP Type B drivers twice and made sure to boot with driver signature checking disabled.

blace
Feb 16, 2012, 08:56 PM
Talking with Coldbird about it some time back, RMJ 0.19 and later freezes the game. As to why it happens, no one knows for now all you can do is wait for an updated RMJ that can run the game or downgrade the firmware for an older version of RMJ.

Kyle873
Feb 16, 2012, 08:59 PM
Talking with Coldbird about it some time back, RMJ 0.19 and later freezes the game. As to why it happens, no one knows for now all you can do is wait for an updated RMJ that can run the game or downgrade the firmware for an older version of RMJ.

Can't downgrade below 6.20, I have a PSP Go. I also don't see RMJ getting an update anytime soon.

blace
Feb 16, 2012, 09:05 PM
It is a problem since the Vita is being launched soon as well. I gave up on trying to get RMJ to work with the two games a long time ago.

Orohu
Feb 17, 2012, 12:50 AM
Hmm, could you go into detail about what times the game crashes? I've got a 5g PSP Go, and it's working like a charm with the PSN version of PSPo2.

Try pressing Select, Recovery Menu ->, Advanced, and switching Old Plugin Support to "off". It worked with an ISO of PSPo1.

blace
Feb 17, 2012, 12:59 AM
That's the thing, it works fine with the first game, but whenever I try to run the game after loading my character is when it crashes.

Coldbird mentioned somewhere in his tranlsation thread that he uses an older version of RMJ because he didn't like how 0.19 kept freezing.

Kyle873
Feb 17, 2012, 03:06 AM
Yeah, that's exactly where it crashes for me too, either on the character screen or RIGHT when the game is done loading and it shows my character in-game.

funkyskunk
Feb 17, 2012, 05:15 AM
I hav RJL working on 6.35 PRO. I can't remember which version i used but I do know that it works fine offline. If you play online or in multimode, you can't use the video as this freezes the game so turn the video off to use a controller in these modes.

I also noticed that it works better if you do not plug the USB in until you have started a quest.

My general method is:

Start PSP2i
Connect online
Start a quest
Start RJL on PC with display turned off
Plug in USB
Cancel Quest
use Remote Joy without video until you turn PSP2i off

Kyle873
Feb 17, 2012, 06:06 AM
Finally got it to work with a very specific version of RMJ. I'm putting it up on my Dropbox for a bit, so that others can benefit as well, since it took me the last 3 hours to find. You can grab it here (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2321290/RemoteJoyLite.zip).

Kurosu
Feb 17, 2012, 11:35 AM
Remote joy works pretty much perfectly for me when I managed to get it set up, I'm using a version called "RemoteJoyLite_019_for_6xx" with the latest ME firmware.

I don't have any freezes and I can turn it on and off whenever without problems.
Only one small problem is that sometimes when I put the PSP in sleep mode and turn it back on, I need to restart the RJL program before it works again.

But it's no big deal really.
I love this program by the way, ever since I started using it, I've been playing PSP a lot more than before.
Even though the resolution is low and it looks pixelated, it's still a lot more fun to play on a monitor compared to the PSP screen.

Ryu3s
Feb 25, 2012, 09:36 PM
Does this program require you to have a hacked PSP? I downloaded it and I'm not really sure where to go from there. The tutorials I'm finding on installing it aren't making much sense.

blace
Feb 25, 2012, 09:41 PM
Indeed it does. Otherwise you'll need some hardware that allows the PSP to output to a tv and then another piece of hardware to record.

Ryu3s
Feb 25, 2012, 09:48 PM
Oh well, I was mainly just interested in the screen shot feature anyway. I have a set of the tv cables a friend gave me anyway so I can still play on my big tv. Thanks for setting me straight before I wasted more time on it.

blace
Feb 25, 2012, 10:06 PM
The benefit of hacking your PSP are things like this, in game screenshot function, being able to play your games in ISO format among a few others. Since the system out west is technically dead, you could mess with some of the features that aren't there otherwise.

Totori
Feb 27, 2012, 07:33 PM
Yeah I still use RMJL just use version 0.20, I have Vista and it works perfectly.

Ryu3s
Mar 2, 2012, 01:37 PM
I took the plunge and hacked my psp. Got remote joy working but I get about 30 seconds of actual game time after my character loads before it crashes itself and the psp. I've tried several versions of RMJ with similar results. I'm on a PSP 3000 using CFW Pro B10.

I'm at work now so I can't test this, but would I get better performance if I used my Windows XP system instead of 7? Or is the issue itself the fact that I'm stuck with the 6.60 firmware as a base?

blace
Mar 2, 2012, 03:20 PM
I took the plunge and hacked my psp. Got remote joy working but I get about 30 seconds of actual game time after my character loads before it crashes itself and the psp. I've tried several versions of RMJ with similar results. I'm on a PSP 3000 using CFW Pro B10.

I'm at work now so I can't test this, but would I get better performance if I used my Windows XP system instead of 7? Or is the issue itself the fact that I'm stuck with the 6.60 firmware as a base?
Looking around it was mentioned that the newer versions of RMJ isn't compatible with some games on the system. However, it works fine for other games but for the Phantasy Star games it always crashes.

Burnsyzero
Mar 11, 2012, 02:14 AM

I've been having the very same problem, same CFW and using RJL 019 for 6xx. But this morning, I've finally got it running at last, just tested on PSP2(EU) and PSP2i, both seem to work fine.

Here are my settings... the important one is transfer sys address set at 0x086E0000. Lower values seem to crash the PSP and higher values corrupt the games icons. Hope this helps :) Now to wait for Coldbird's "other" project (not the translation).

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo59/Burnsyzero/remotejl_psp2i.jpg

(edit: small correction after more testing..... The above settings seem to be working fine for normal PSP2. But in PSP2i something is conflicting when in the clad6 lobby area and causing a crash after a few seconds, changing the address to 0x086E8000 stops this crash at the cost of corruption to the "Little Wing" loading screen.)

vazzucious
Mar 12, 2012, 01:59 PM
I have RMJ lite v19 working on my PC/PSP. I can see my PSP screen but I havent found a way to get the joy/keyboard inputs to work. Has anyone been able to get them to work? I think im missing a plugin for it.

Burnsyzero
Mar 12, 2012, 02:18 PM
I have RMJ lite v19 working on my PC/PSP. I can see my PSP screen but I havent found a way to get the joy/keyboard inputs to work. Has anyone been able to get them to work? I think im missing a plugin for it.

I had that problem too, but only when I tried using v20a, couldn't get the controller to work at all with that one. But it works fine on v19 for me at the moment (using my 360 2nd analog as the camera in nice, also swapping X and O for infinity).
I guess there are so many different CFW's and different RMJ versions, you just need to get lucky and hit on the right combination. Still getting the odd crash here and there, but it is running much more stable for me now.

vazzucious
Mar 12, 2012, 02:29 PM
I had that problem too, but only when I tried using v20a, couldn't get the controller to work at all with that one. But it works fine on v19 for me at the moment (using my 360 2nd analog as the camera in nice, also swapping X and O for infinity).
I guess there are so many different CFW's and different RMJ versions, you just need to get lucky and hit on the right combination. Still getting the odd crash here and there, but it is running much more stable for me now.

Im on the 6.60 Pro B10
Anyone have the same version and have luck with getting the controller to work?

Burnsyzero
Mar 12, 2012, 02:38 PM
I'm using 6.60 PRO B10 also, on a release day JP PSP 1000 (it's really starting to show it's age now :) )

Edit:

Here is exactly what I have installed...

CFW - 6.60 PRO B10
RMJ - RemoteJoyLite 019 for 6xx
PSP Type B drivers installed on PC

(remotejoy.game and remotejoy.vsh are the only plugins enabled)

memory setting changed to 0X086E8000 (for PSPi)
memory setting changed to 0X086E0000 (for PSP2)

vazzucious
Mar 12, 2012, 03:20 PM
I'm using 6.60 PRO B10 also, on a release day JP PSP 1000 (it's really starting to show it's age now :) )

Edit:

Here is exactly what I have installed...

CFW - 6.60 PRO B10
RMJ - RemoteJoyLite 019 for 6xx
PSP Type B drivers installed on PC

(remotejoy.game and remotejoy.vsh are the only plugins enabled)

memory setting changed to 0X086E8000 (for PSPi)
memory setting changed to 0X086E0000 (for PSP2)

I have the same setup, just a psp 2000. Ill try the memory settings and see if that works.

Burnsyzero
Mar 12, 2012, 04:39 PM
Hope it works for you Vazzucious

vazzucious
Mar 13, 2012, 10:15 PM
Hope it works for you Vazzucious

I was actually on B9 but i tried B10 and got the same result. I wonder if its a glitch in RJL with 2000 model.
Oh well, guess ill just play it normal.

Xaden
Mar 29, 2012, 05:02 AM
Im on 6.35 Pro B10 using RJL v0.19 and having no luck getting the gamepad or keyboard to register as well. I can map the buttons just fine in the RemoteJoyLite windows app but they dont seem to send the button presses to the psp.

I've been searching for a fix to this and it doesent appear to exist as many others are having the same problem with no resolution.

It sucks because its the only thing stopping me from my ultimate psp gaming setup :(

Mystic_Nessly
Jul 8, 2012, 09:45 PM
I'm using a PSP3000 6.20 PRO-B9 BETA and RemoteJoyLite 0.19 (Special version for PRO 62X-63X) without any issues and without needing to change any settings within RemoteJoyLite to get it working.

You can get 6.20 PRO-B9 BETA here:
http://psp.dashhacks.com/2011/07/22/...-beta-released (http://psp.dashhacks.com/2011/07/22/cfw-6-20-6-35-6-39-pro-b9-beta-released)

The special version of Remotejoylite can be downloaded here:
http://psp.dashhacks.com/2011/05/31/remotejoylite-v0-19-for-custom-firmware-6-39