PDA

View Full Version : Infinity samegid question

adonis565
Feb 19, 2012, 09:03 PM
whats it do is it supposed to be like sazonde or what cause i have a low level one and it only seems to hit once

Ryd
Feb 19, 2012, 10:15 PM
Mine's only at the second tier, but from what I've seen, it's stationary, only hits a single target, but should hit multiple times (albeit slowly), and you can only have one out at a time. Persists for a while though. The single target + only one makes it less than optimal unless you really want a little more damage and slightly faster chaining on a single target.

Alisha
Feb 19, 2012, 11:45 PM
samegid is the strongest of the SA-line

Ryd
Feb 20, 2012, 02:08 AM
On a hit-for-hit basis, Samegid's stronger, and it persists noticeably longer than a single Sabarta or Sazonde field (seemed around twice as long as the other two). The limitations of only one on the field at a time coupled with only hitting one hitbox at a time really weaken its usefulness though. The other two Sa-techs can have multiple instances on the field and will hit multiple targets/hitboxes as well, which means they'll put out more damage over time and chain faster to boot so long as you can afford the PP cost.

Samegid seems like it might be more useful for a tech/melee orientated VA, dropping one in the battle before engaging in melee combat. Samegid + Foverse make for nice bonuses to chains, and if you have a decent weapon and TEC stat, the damage isn't bad either.

Leon-Sky
Feb 21, 2012, 02:46 AM
Let me try that spell!

Ryd
Feb 21, 2012, 03:01 AM
Playing around with it some more, it has a gimmicky usefulness in sometimes helping to keep a chain from dropping if it's placed well with a semi-cooperative enemy that you are unable to attack for a little while for whatever reason (again, gimmicky). Also, that it spawns so close to you really reinforces the notion that it was intended for melee use, like Foverse.