PDA

View Full Version : Game Borderlands 2

darkante
Feb 23, 2012, 12:56 PM
Cīmon be September..:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpvVOF1M1V8

BIG OLAF
Feb 23, 2012, 01:12 PM
I also am excited. I can't believe they actually have GREEN environments in this one.

EDIT: Also, Lilith freaked me out at the end of the trailer there.

.Rusty.
Feb 23, 2012, 01:21 PM
Oh great now i gotta clean up all this joy puke ._.

NoiseHERO
Feb 23, 2012, 01:25 PM
Zero... Daft punk tron grayfox cyborg ninja with a beam katana...

A CHARACTER FOR ME IN THIS GAME! : O

Zarode
Feb 23, 2012, 01:41 PM
Zero... Daft punk tron grayfox cyborg ninja with a beam katana...

GRAY FOX!

This trailer is hella hawt. I cannot freaking wait, Borderlands was one of my most played games. So hype.

darkante
Feb 23, 2012, 01:50 PM
Yesh, that Zero guy intrigued me as well.
Itīs either him or Axton for me. ^^
Hopefully they have a better execution this time with melee. (Mordekai you little showoff).

BIG OLAF
Feb 23, 2012, 01:54 PM
The only thing that I personally think needed a bit of an overhaul in the first Borderlands was the physics. They just felt so...stiff. I hope they loosened it up in Borderlands 2.

Also, looks like I'll be playing the Siren again. Maya looks awesome.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 23, 2012, 02:25 PM
Definitely going with Axton. What really sold me was that the skills you invest actually affect your sentry aesthetically as well as its functionality. That and the sentry itself.

Akaimizu
Feb 23, 2012, 02:29 PM
Actually, Borderlands 1 sold me on Borderlands 2. I played the first one like it was going out of style. One of the first actual games to really pull me away from PSU for a time.

They'd have to really screw up the sequel for me not to get it.

darkante
Feb 23, 2012, 02:36 PM
Hopefully they donīt repeat the same mistake with Knoxx armory gun looting.

blace
Feb 23, 2012, 02:52 PM
I wonder if enemies will scale to all players this time around instead of having the DLC enemies scaled to the host.

It was such a pain to have zombies hounding after me when a friend wanted to help me level.

Mike
Feb 23, 2012, 06:40 PM
I didn't get on the Borderlands train until late in it's lifecycle (Between Knoxx and Clap-trap DLCs). Not going to make that mistake this time.

Split
Feb 23, 2012, 06:40 PM
I'm beyond excited because of this trailer, despite the fact that I fucking hate dubstep.

NoiseHERO
Feb 23, 2012, 06:47 PM
I'm beyond excited because of this trailer, despite the fact that I fucking hate dubstep.

Remember the 90's?

When people put halfassed metal on EVERYTHING to make it seem awesome and extreme and fun for kids?

infact the first video that comes up when I youtubed "90's toy commercials" is a spoof of what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2SugPX_gIs

So yeah, that's what this generation's dubstep is.

Even worse that's not even what original dubstep sounds like, this is trend dubstep. D:

blace
Feb 23, 2012, 07:06 PM
I didn't get on the Borderlands train until late in it's lifecycle (Between Knoxx and Clap-trap DLCs). Not going to make that mistake this time.

I didn't get it until about a year and a half ago where the game was $40 and the DLC was free.

Kent
Feb 23, 2012, 07:08 PM
I think it's funny how many people get their panties in a knot about the fact that the trailer uses dubstep, despite that they are clearly (and admittedly - as per comments made by Gearbox community managers) using it in the trailer for the purposes of parody.

Back on topic: Borderlands was easily the best game of 2009, and the best-supported game through DLC I've ever seen. Not just the quantity, but the quality - and the fact that they weren't cutting things out of the game to sell you later. It is, in my opinion, the route games should be taking for their approach to DLC. It might actually be the best game of this console generation so far (it is definitely in the running for it, at least).

As it looks, Borderlands 2 seems to be not only emphasizing everything that was great about the first game, but filling in the (very few) holes it had an adding all sorts of new awesomeness just because they can. I am definitely looking forward to it.

Despite the fact that everyone and their grandmother will be trying to play the Assassin online, much like the Hunter from the first game.

NoiseHERO
Feb 23, 2012, 07:44 PM
I think it's funny how many people get their panties in a knot about the fact that the trailer uses dubstep, despite that they are clearly (and admittedly - as per comments made by Gearbox community managers) using it in the trailer for the purposes of parody.

Back on topic: Borderlands was easily the best game of 2009, and the best-supported game through DLC I've ever seen. Not just the quantity, but the quality - and the fact that they weren't cutting things out of the game to sell you later. It is, in my opinion, the route games should be taking for their approach to DLC. It might actually be the best game of this console generation so far (it is definitely in the running for it, at least).

As it looks, Borderlands 2 seems to be not only emphasizing everything that was great about the first game, but filling in the (very few) holes it had an adding all sorts of new awesomeness just because they can. I am definitely looking forward to it.

Despite the fact that everyone and their grandmother will be trying to play the Assassin online, much like the Hunter from the first game.

Ehn music is music... I can listen to dubstep but. I'd prefer it if people actually used those dubstep songs for things that fit..

Instead of just... EVERYTHING.

Speaking of overused, really looking forward to being one a billions of Zeros though.

Rashiid
Feb 23, 2012, 09:08 PM
My most anticipated game this year. I've made at least 8 characters in Borderlands, all to max level, most of which being solo only since I don't like playing with people outside of my best friend. As usual, I will make one of each class in Borderlands 2. Lilith was my favorite since I love setting things on fire >:3 (and she's the easiest character to solo play with)

Least favorite would be Brick since rockets became obsolete in the second playthrough since their damage did nothing to enemies, and melee kills didn't help any weapon proficiencies, and he's all about beating crap down. I feel like it's a waste of time. I loved his HP / Shield though.

darkante
Feb 24, 2012, 06:22 AM
Personally iīve havenīt even tried Brick since he kinda looked like he would be the worst with his abilities.

Beat Borderlands with Roland and Mordekai though.
Both awesome, hard to choose between the turret monster or the crazy bird.

blace
Feb 24, 2012, 06:40 AM
Personally iīve havenīt even tried Brick since he kinda looked like he would be the worst with his abilities.

Beat Borderlands with Roland and Mordekai though.
Both awesome, hard to choose between the turret monster or the crazy bird.
I boiled it down to take heavy damage and die a lot, or stay really far away and crit them with a sniper.

I chose the latter, that and the bird and his sword. Most others I meet choose Roland, and re-spec a few times during play from being offensive to support.

darkante
Feb 24, 2012, 09:43 AM
Thatīs the beauty of using Roland. ^^

Rashiid
Feb 24, 2012, 07:30 PM
I hated Bloodwing compared to Phasewalk (God tier recovery and danger avoidance) and Rowland's turret (ultimate distraction, good damage). I felt like Mordecai just threw out a mosquito to stun an enemy for a second for meh damage. I liked his sniper damage and revolver use, though.

Kent
Feb 24, 2012, 07:39 PM
Lilith was my favorite since I love setting things on fire >:3 (and she's the easiest character to solo play with)
How to win as Lilith:

Spark, Phoenix, Radiance, Venom, Phase Strike, Blackout (throw in some things like Quicksilver and High Velocity for good measure)
Tormentor class mod (boost all elemental effects and elemental effect chances for all party members)
Pestilent Defiler (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Defiler_(revolver)), Orion (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Orion), Hellfire (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Hellfire) (or perhaps a Firehawk (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Firehawk) or Volcano (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Maliwan_Volcano) if you get one of those instead). The fourth weapon should either be an elemental Violator (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Violator) (due to how elements work with repeaters, you're guaranteed no fewer than three elemental explosions per triggerpull), Double Anarchy, or perhaps a good Ogre (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Ogre) (best explosive weapon in the game - and easily the game's most potentially-versatile weapon).

Have fun Phase Blasting enemies so hard that they burst into rainbows of numbers. If you're fighting groups of enemies you can literally chain-phasewalk because Blackout will reset your cooldown from kills, letting you immediately phasewalk and then phase strike another enemy. For cases where this won't work (big enemies, few enemies, bosses, etc.), you'll have a loadout of what are easily the best weapon types of their respective elements available in the game.

Since you're using all three elements - and you could easily throw in an explosive weapon as well, in the rare instances where there are enemies that don't take damage-over-time or are weak to explosives, such as Knoxx and Crawmerax - the Tormentor mod boosts all of them by a significant margin, effectively negating the need for the single-element class mods.

It's not only incredibly powerful, but fun as hell to boot.

A Chimera (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Atlas_Chimera) also suits itself well to this sort of build, due to the fact that every other shot fired is randomly fire, electric or corrosive, with the intermediate shots being explosive. It can be a bit gimmicky, due to the elemental roulette factor of the weapon, but because it's a revolver, you're guaranteed an elemental explosion on every shot.

Least favorite would be Brick since rockets became obsolete in the second playthrough since their damage did nothing to enemies, and melee kills didn't help any weapon proficiencies, and he's all about beating crap down. I feel like it's a waste of time. I loved his HP / Shield though.
Sounds like you're using the wrong rocket launchers. Specifically, the point of rocket launchers isn't single-target damage, it's AOE damage against groups of enemies... And if you combine that with the Berserker's natural abilities for explosive damage bonuses, regenerating launcher ammo and excessive defenses, you do actually have a really potent character. Getting a good rare rocket launcher is key though.

Amongst basic rocket launcher types, you can just ignore anything that isn't a Helix type. The three rockets at once, combined with AOE damage, create the best burst damage per shot. Don't expect to hit small targets directly though, as the trajectory of Helix rockets is problematic-at-best. Like any explosives, the key to using them properly is to try to hit something near the target, rather than just going to hit the target directly.

The only exception to this rule is the Mongol (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Vladof_Mongol) model of rare rocket launchers. They have a special effect where every rocket they fire will, at set intervals (between every half and every third of a second), launch out another rocket in a random direction in a forward cone. Using this, if you get a high perch or a long hallway, you can very literally just carpet-bomb and annihilate wide swaths. Ammo consumption is a problem though, but that's why you should have the rocket launcher ammo regen skill. Or, if you're a Soldier, you should be using Support Gunner.

Elemental ones are great too, if not significantly-better than explosive ones, just for the splash status effects - even if you're specializing in explosive damage (which you should, for the ideal damage-dealing setup for the Berserker), it's worth carrying an elemental Helix/Mongol with you just for the sheer mass of damage-over-time you can coat everything with.

I hated Bloodwing compared to Phasewalk (God tier recovery and danger avoidance) and Rowland's turret (ultimate distraction, good damage). I felt like Mordecai just threw out a mosquito to stun an enemy for a second for meh damage. I liked his sniper damage and revolver use, though.
That's a joke, right? If you invest in Bloodwing damage, he's ripping five enemies in half (one-shotting many enemies, even at the level cap) and causing them to spew money, health and loot everywhere, every time you send him out. It's all about the skill builds.

Zarode
Feb 24, 2012, 10:57 PM
I gotta agree with Kent, one of the best things about Borderlands is no build felt really gimped. It rewarded you for experimenting. Next time you play, try a character build you wouldn't normally. My favorites so far has been Rocket Brick and Bitch Slapping Lilith (just because nobody expects it online in pvp).

darkante
Feb 25, 2012, 05:02 AM
Yeah, the bird isnīt bad at all.
Did run once with a Sniper build and now going for a Gunslinging with Mordekai.
Really enjoyable with ammo regen.

Kent
Feb 25, 2012, 06:11 AM
Gunslinger builds with the Hunter are ridiculous if you embrace the sheer variety of weapon types that fall under the "pistols" blanket. Revolvers for one-shot power weapons - two-shot revolvers if you need something for long range, Mashers for close-range damage bursts. Machine Pistols are pretty crazy if you get a good one and feel like unloading tons of lead into enemies.

Of course, even with high-capacity ones, those machine pistols will eat through your ammo supply like there's no tomorrow, so you'll really need the proper mod to support its ammo consumption.

And then there's the fact that with a good bladed gun (generally either a revolver or a repeater) and maxed out Lethal Strike, it's actually possible to be hitting enemies in melee for the game's damage cap of 99,999 before you hit level 50. But really, any build you want to go with as a Hunter is pretty much guaranteed to leave you able to deal insane amounts of damage. Naturally though, the Hunter is the only class to not get any defensive skills - even Riotous Remedy is RNG healing after a kill, and is in no way reliable at all. All three other characters will almost always end up being much more durable and capable of negating damage, or healing themselves (or others in the case of Soldier - Cauterize is amazing), but it's damn near impossible to come to the sheer potential damage output of a Hunter.

This is the way of the Glass Cannon.

Class design in Borderlands is top-notch, really - all of the classes have their particular strengths and playstyles, but they also have their drawbacks... And they're all really fun to actually play once you figure out an interesting build.

blace
Feb 25, 2012, 06:35 AM
To make it fair Mordecai's class specialization is in the sniper and revolver. Of course you stated the best way to play as him and well there isn't much to improve upon if you stick to some of the basics.

Although being a bit weak when I first started, it was fairly easy to be the main damage dealer, which also aggro's the badasses and others of the like. The few weapons and the Lethal Strike skill does make him rather versatile at melee. Just hitting a Badass Bruiser in the face with his sword to hear the saw sound and the number dealing in the thousands is satisfying.

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2012, 08:19 AM
I felt like the amount of stuff you must put into Bloodwing, you can put towards a sniper / revolver build and just one-shot anything anyway, but it's all about preference. I just preferred not to use the little thang. I enjoy watching the world of Pandora burn before my eyes.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 25, 2012, 04:03 PM
That was the beauty of Borderlands. No matter how you played or set yourself up, you were always rewarded in both gameplay and actual EXP, thanks to the Challenges. I personally never played the same character the same way twice.

I'm sure BL2 will keep this and expand upon it.

Akaimizu
Feb 25, 2012, 09:31 PM
I felt like the amount of stuff you must put into Bloodwing, you can put towards a sniper / revolver build and just one-shot anything anyway, but it's all about preference. I just preferred not to use the little thang. I enjoy watching the world of Pandora burn before my eyes.

Kind of. Bloodwing was a life saver and a killer. So much stacks in Borderlands. Including that whole (I steal health from kills) thing. Bloodwing was a great thing to send out when you were in potential trouble because that bird would swoop in and grab some health for you.

Pistols were still his awesome game. Having at least one high level Masher was almost a must for the guy. Mostly because of how those pistols absolutely own every enemy vehicle in the game. Sends them bounding like sonic spin ball.

Mustache
Feb 28, 2012, 11:39 AM
Here's a more in depth look to the characters in Borderlands 2

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1219459p1.html -Meet the Assassin
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1219403p1.html -Meet the Commando
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1219333p1.html -Meet the Siren
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1215514p1.html -Meet the Gunzerker

All in all I'm thrilled with anticipation for the game, almost all the skills have changed up which will be very refreshing, AND color other than brown, light brown, and dark brown. I just hope they put out a Cromerax like difficulty fight earlier on.

Kent
Feb 28, 2012, 05:01 PM
Randy Pitchford was interviewed in last weekend's Major Nelson (director of Xbox Live) podcast. Among the things detailed about Borderlands 2 are the seamlessness of drop-in-drop-out co-op, which puts online and splitscreen multiplayer in the same light: That is, you press start on controller 2 and the screen instantly splits and you're both playing co-op (this even works when the other player is currently playing online).

It was also stated that at least one Crawmerax-style raid boss would be available in the base game, though it was implied to still be end-game content.

Rashiid
Feb 28, 2012, 05:43 PM
Seems nice, I want some intro character videos though. Text somewhat confuses me when describing things...just gimmie gameplay examples.