PDA

View Full Version : Is perfection really a good thing?

Cowboy
Mar 20, 2003, 05:42 PM
subject

Cowboy
Mar 20, 2003, 05:43 PM
Please define your answer.

LamerPanda
Mar 20, 2003, 06:50 PM
Nah.

If someone else was perfect, wouldn't you always feel inferior around them? I know it'd bother me, because you could never do anything *better* than that person. Yeah, I can be happy if people do better than me on a project or something of the sort, but if they did it consistently, I'd start to get annoyed.

If I was perfect, or life was perfect, wouldn't it get boring pretty quickly? I don't know, seems to me that I'd end up predictable and boring. Being imperfect makes life more interesting. n_n

Abaddon
Mar 20, 2003, 07:02 PM
Perfection is impossible, for people have different definitions for what is 'perfect'.
I know for certain that I will be any definition of perfect, but I am happy the way i am. that is enough in itself

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Mar 20, 2003, 09:11 PM
No, perfection is not a good thing in my opinion. If something you're working on is perfect, what will you have to work towards?

TeamPhalanx
Mar 20, 2003, 09:16 PM
Yes.

Not for itself, but for the road that leads to it. The pursuit of perfection is worthwhile.

If you work on a project and your goal is to get the just right, just perfect for you, and you manage to do it... It's a great feeling.

CajunSamurai
Mar 21, 2003, 07:14 AM
Not for itself, but for the road that leads to it. The pursuit of perfection is worthwhile. I like that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But... perfection is pretty difficult to define, 99.999% of the time. There will ALWAYS be flaws in something in an individual's opinion, no matter what the subject. You could even say that perfection does not truly exist.

But, let's say it did exist? Yes, perfection is a good thing. I'm just not a big believer in it. Without getting really philosophical, anyway.

SorceressofTime
Mar 21, 2003, 08:48 AM
no. perfection is impossible. when one's perfect and an individual is around the perfect body, they would feel inferior, as LamerPanda had stated. but when that person feels that way, the perfect person always has something wrong with them.

it always happens. no matter how perfect your life is, something always goes or is wrong. hence, perfection is impossible.

Stricker
Mar 21, 2003, 08:53 AM
I don't care.

If you think you are perfect, you are not.

If you think you are not perfect, you are.

BlackRose
Mar 21, 2003, 10:22 AM
What if I know I'm not perfect?

I think total and utter perfection, if I ever found it, would be really boring. There's a saying I've heard (from japanese sword collectors, go figure): "The perfect sword is always made up of tiny imperfections that go together in such a beautiful way that it's better than perfection."

I guess that can be applied to people too... a perfect person is one who is unique in every little way. If you look at it like that, then everyone's perfect.

...what a strange post... o_O

Subliminalgroove
Mar 21, 2003, 03:10 PM
No, perfection would get boring. It is our idiosyncracies and idiotic things that make us human and interesting. Granted, you only want to have a certain number of those things... too much and you are . . . kinda like Sharkie-do. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

RedFox
Mar 21, 2003, 04:45 PM
perfection is probably just a state of mind... something that is perfect to one person may not be to another...

Cowboy
Mar 27, 2003, 07:02 AM
bump

Captain_Dude
Mar 27, 2003, 07:10 AM
I pride myself by my imperfectness! So I'm not attractive? So I'm not as smart as I'd really like to be? sfw? It's not like making myself suffer to try and be perfect is gonna make me feel any better about myself...

I live on a variation of the old saying "Live fast, die young, and leave a beautiful corpse." Mine is, of course, "Live fast, die young, and enjoy the fuken' ride!" ^_^

Whatley
Mar 27, 2003, 02:04 PM
Practice doesn't make perfect.

Perfect practice makes perfect.

RavenTW
Mar 27, 2003, 03:08 PM
Question: If everything was perfect, how would you know what "perfect" was?

-Quoted without permission from Zitts

Sahaqiel
Mar 28, 2003, 09:34 PM
Of course perfection is a bad thing. If someone was perfect, then you wouldn't be able to point out any flaws and make fun of them for it. Perfection would also make life boring because everything would be easy.

Zeebo
Mar 29, 2003, 12:53 AM
NO ONES PERFECT SO NO WORRIES!