PDA

View Full Version : Awkward finishing move

Redoxe
Feb 25, 2012, 11:48 AM
Hi

I've been playing on my HUcaseal for some time now and I recently acquired a nice saber type weapon that is by far the best single-target weapon I have at the moment. There's just one small problem that is really annoying. I'm used to doing the 3 strike combo with most of my weapons but with the saber I move forward right into whatever I'm hitting during the third strike. This is especially annoying when enemies take away half your HP in one hit.

I know that some weapons also do this but since I had been using a sword type before I found the saber I'm expecting a full halt during the third strike which allowed me to make the full combo without getting hurt. As I mentioned before, I'm playing as a HUcaseal and I was wondering if HUcasts have the same animations or if I have screwed myself over by chosing the female version. If that's the case, which weapons have better/worse animations as HUcast/HUcaseal?

When fighting enemies that strike you down in one hit and you can only for example use a 2 strike combo with sabers, which melee weapon is most effecient?

Thanks in advance,
Redoxe

Edit: I made a HUcast to see if the animations were different and found out that sabers are even worse for them! You charge towards them on your second hit so if you're not able to kill them in one combo you will get hit if you attack more than once. Sadly I could only test sabers since I was level 1 so that's why I need you to help me. Is there any weapon animation that let's you hit easily without taking any damage? HUcast/HUcaseal?

I'm happy that swords work great with my HUcaseal since they are my favourite weapon but I don't know if daggers, double-saber or twin-sabers are better as a HUcast.

TrueChaos
Feb 25, 2012, 01:04 PM
if you're a HUcaseal, daggers are probably the best choice. they have a nifty attack animation for them and are decent weapons. sure they don't have as much ATP but you get 6 hits per combo

Link1275
Feb 25, 2012, 01:20 PM
Firstly there are only two attack animations per weapon, a male and a female. Secondly female saber animation stinks. Thirdly the male saber animation doesn't, because it's third hit some how makes up for the charge into the enemy as well as by the time your leveled up enough you only need to hit something 1-2 times to kill it. Fourthly why are using a saber anyways? Just because it has more raw atp doesn't make it better if your other weapons can still kill your enemies in one full combo or less.

Redoxe
Feb 25, 2012, 01:22 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about daggers. I just finishes mines and daggers don't really work against the robots (they get knocked down from one attack) so I just put my daggers in the bank. I don't know if Redrias are great at finding special daggers but hopefully there's one with a high dropchance in very hard.

@Link
Those darn droids in mines. I kill single targets faster with a saber than with my sword and as I mentioned above, robots fall down before daggers get all hits in.

NegaTsukasa
Feb 26, 2012, 12:47 AM
since we are on subject, you want to know a really awkward finishing move ?

When you press and hold R (on your GC controller) on your third/last strike in the combo it will read as a false hit and will not do any damage. what I call a "fake out attack".

I'm thinking this is a glitch. don't know if the other platforms for the game were able to do it.

Neith
Feb 26, 2012, 07:17 AM
since we are on subject, you want to know a really awkward finishing move ?

When you press and hold R (on your GC controller) on your third/last strike in the combo it will read as a false hit and will not do any damage. what I call a "fake out attack".

I'm thinking this is a glitch. don't know if the other platforms for the game were able to do it.

Works on Blue Burst as well.

To the OP, either:
1) Start the combo further away so you just reach with the first hit; sometimes this'll mean you wont get interrupted on hit 3.
2) Use a /Battle unit. If you're on BB, get a Heavenly / Battle. If on XB/GC, try and get a God/Battle or a Devil/Battle at the least if you don't have one already.
3) If all else fails, use two hits and back off. This is a legitimate tactic that tends to get used a lot in Challenge Mode. If monsters are taking half your HP a hit, treat it as C-mode in that respect.

HUcaseal animation is unique for daggers and twin sabers. Their dagger animation is very good, much better than other classes. Against Gillchics that fall over, use a high ATP weapon so you're not held up too long on them. Using daggers against them is a waste of time but a saber may work if its strong enough.

Redoxe
Feb 26, 2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks for clearing things up for me. Glad to hear that HUcaseals does have something unique about them that is good. I'm currently looking for a battle unit but haven't found one so far (Redria so I'm able to get the God version).

Enemies do hit me for more than half my health sometimes so that's why I'm trying to find out how things work and which combo is most effecient.