Feb 25, 2012, 05:54 PM
I'm a HUnewm with this Mat Build:
40 Power
40 Swift
20 Mind

And a Mag with:
40 Power
60 Mind

I'm not asking for a rating, just asking what ya guys think of it. I chose a HUnewm cause I wanted to do melee with the option of using some techniques. Should I change something in my mag or mats. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Mustache
Feb 25, 2012, 06:24 PM
I think you should take out the Swift Mats. Unfortunately effectively avoiding attacks with your evasion is an all or nothing go. Having 40 more swift will avoid an extra attack every once and a while but you won't stop using your dodge roll. So you can split it out 40 power/40 mind(Note you can only have 80 mats when you're non-human.) or 60 power/20 mind because of your higher mind mag.

Shade_Koopa
Feb 25, 2012, 06:33 PM
Hmm, true. But I just realize that My ata is taking a toll, especially in super hard. So how does this sound

Mag: 50 Power/30 Hit/20 Mind
Mats: 30 Power/20 Swift/30 Mind

LuneFox
Feb 25, 2012, 06:38 PM
Heh, I also had an idea of making a hunter newman that uses attacking techniques time by time. I put foie/zonde on my pallete but everytime I relied on my weapons more, forgetting to use techniques at all. Damage from techniques was alot lower.

Shade_Koopa
Feb 25, 2012, 07:03 PM
hehe, well I tend to switch between a melee weapon and a rod/slicer so My techs do more damage.

DoctorShanks
Feb 25, 2012, 08:31 PM
You're a hunter and you should be using physical attacks most of the time. You could raise your Mind stat through mags if you wanted, but it's only purpose should be to boost your Resta. HUnewms get alot of natural evasion, and as Mustache says, you'll still be using dodge roll to get out of the way of elemental attacks which cannot be evaded. Having 80 power materials will shoot your attack power way up and when Shifta is used, the Power materials add to the bonus, as do Mind materials. You could try something like:

(Balanced)
Mag: 50 Power / 50 Hit
Mats: 80 Power OR 40 Power / 40 Mind

OR

(Accurate)
Mag: 100 Hit

OR

(Full power)
Mag: 100 Power
Mats: 80 Power

I would suggest full power at end game. Accurate setup would be used for Makara, Rioh, and Ozette where Ranged Weapons should be used, and the Balanced setup is useful for low levels and newbies to SH.

Norco says he used a psuedo-FO build at Arca plant, and was equipped with a Kouga Shuriken to bump up the damage. However, experimental playstyles are usually outclassed by something else in SH. What I'm trying to say is, the only techniques you should be using now is Resta, Anti, Shifta, and sometimes Deband.

LuneFox
Feb 25, 2012, 09:00 PM
I was thinking about a HUnewearl with a Rod, 80 Swift Mats, 100 Mind Mag and 4 Divine/Swifts. She can become a nice healer that can't be interrupted and knocked down when trying to support the team. Also she will be able to fight with a rod.

EDIT: Just tried that. 800+ Evasion, 450~500 recovery from Resta with rank 7 rod. (Lv.91), 150-200 melee damage, 70~80 Foie damage (tested in the valley).

Shade_Koopa
Feb 26, 2012, 01:48 AM
You're a hunter and you should be using physical attacks most of the time. You could raise your Mind stat through mags if you wanted, but it's only purpose should be to boost your Resta. HUnewms get alot of natural evasion, and as Mustache says, you'll still be using dodge roll to get out of the way of elemental attacks which cannot be evaded. Having 80 power materials will shoot your attack power way up and when Shifta is used, the Power materials add to the bonus, as do Mind materials. You could try something like:

(Balanced)
Mag: 50 Power / 50 Hit

OR

(Accurate)
Mag: 100 Hit

OR

(Full power)
Mag: 100 Power
Mats: 80 Power

I would suggest full power at end game. Accurate setup would be used for Makara, Rioh, and Ozette where Ranged Weapons should be used, and the Balanced setup is useful for low levels and newbies to SH.

Norco says he used a psuedo-FO build at Arca plant, and was equipped with a Kouga Shuriken to bump up the damage. However, experimental playstyles are usually outclassed by something else in SH. What I'm trying to say is, the only techniques you should be using now is Resta, Anti, Shifta, and sometimes Deband.

Eh, I'll just follow my own build I guess. I do get what your saying, but I prefer to follow my own play style, not someone else's.