PDA

View Full Version : Game Pokemon Black/White Version 2

Dr. Montague
Feb 25, 2012, 08:57 PM
http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/121/1219443/pokemon-black-version-20120225034559010-000.jpg (http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1219443p1.html)

Pokemon Smash just announced the 3rd Versions of Black and White, stepping away from tradition and making 2 versions for the Nintendo DS.

What do you guys think about this news? Hype? Complaints?

Biggest complain from me so far is that it's being developed for DS instead of 3DS, but the 3DS market is probably not large enough to sell as well as they want it to right now. But I'll have to wait for more details besides Kyurem formes to make or break this for me.

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2012, 09:04 PM
I was just talking about this with friends. Already an English site up too on the official Pokemon website, so we can at least confirm we'll be getting it.

I just hope with "2" in the name, it is actually a sequel with potentially an expanded Unova. What my question is...if it is a sequel...will we have to get new badges? Or is it maybe the first main series Pokemon adventure where the only objective is to track down a new syndicate group / stop a legendary?

So many questions, so little information. I will be looking into it daily, as I am very interested and excited on the direction Gamefreak is potentially taking.

NoiseHERO
Feb 25, 2012, 09:06 PM
So instead of merging em together into pokemon gray and making it a 3DS powered up game.

They are...

Trying it again...? @_@

Dr. Montague
Feb 25, 2012, 09:07 PM
I'm a sucker for Pokemon personally, so I know I'll end up getting White2 one way or another.

But I found the plot for Black/White to be much better than other games, so an expansion would be completely welcome for me.
And since you find out the Shadow Triad helped Ghetsis escape from prison and N going to a far off land, there's still something to work with in terms of what happens next.

But as long as this games does much more for me than what Platinum did then I'll probably be satisfied. I found Platinum to be a lackluster 3rd version. >__>

NoiseHERO
Feb 25, 2012, 10:12 PM
Platinum...

I'm just glad I didn't BUY that one, made me forget that I actually liked diamond and pearl.

It still bugs me that they're trying their hardest to avoid making 3D games. I actually kind of liked colloseum on gamecube (never played the ugly one with the dark lugia though.) But it would've been WAY better with the gameboy pokemon's formula. Instead of that extra linear, zero exploration select a spot on the map thing they had going on. They could've at least let you control that hover bike on some kind of zelda-like over world. D:

And sure technically all the DS ones are all "3D" but that's definitely not what I mean. With the 3DS (no pun intended) they're definitely out of excuses, other than trying to be stylistic with 2.5D. Which I kinda hate the 2.5D concept. Even though a lot of 2.5D games are fun...

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2012, 10:18 PM
As stated before, their reasons for staying on DS as of now are probably:

A) Black/White are already on DS. The "Enhanced" versions have always been on the same platform line as the previous versions it is from, so it would be a kick in the nuts for someone to be forced to buy the next console just to play it.
B) 3DS sales are increasing, but Nintendo already knows that many people still have a DS of some form, thus sales will be able to branch out far more.
C) They would have to create the entire game over again if they were to make a 3DS one with HD graphics, but who knows, this could be an entire new area. Very little news.

I'm sure Gen VI will start on 3DS, but I'm totally okay with this being on the DS.

As for Platinum, I enjoyed it more than Diamond/Pearl. I dunno, I'm a huge sucker for the main series so I always get the fusion/enhanced version. I constantly erase and re-play anyway so it was just an upgrade to me.

NoiseHERO
Feb 25, 2012, 10:33 PM
Honestly I wouldn't even be able to play this game if it was on the 3DS- Oh wait I might have a 3DS by then.

But yeah, IT HAS TO BE 3D. LIKE WALK IN CIRCLES, NOT SQUARE SHAPES 3D.

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2012, 10:37 PM
I wonder how encounters would work in a 3D Pokemon. Perhaps if you walked within a trainer's vision, like a cone-shape in front of them?

NoiseHERO
Feb 25, 2012, 11:28 PM
I wonder how encounters would work in a 3D Pokemon. Perhaps if you walked within a trainer's vision, like a cone-shape in front of them?

LOL... Metal Gear Pokemon...

/knocks on a tree

"HUH WHAT WAS THAT NOISE? TIME TO FORCE SOMEONE TO POKEMON BATTLE ME AGAINST MY TEAM OF LVL 3 CATERPIE"

-> runs and escapes the other way

"Aww..."

NegaTsukasa
Feb 26, 2012, 01:19 AM
in an odd ranting mood atm. going to probably say a mouthful.

meh. I've been following the series since it came out. no use to just stop getting the new releases.
I need more info on this though before I can ultimately draw the line on getting the new versions.

BUT for right now, the Kyurem hybrid legendaries on the box art and the very unoriginal "B&W 2" title makes me nervous. what TF happend to the predicted Gray version with Kyurem on the cover? it feels like they are breaking away from the traditional format where the third game (yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) would be the extension or different approach in the story. this just sounds like a dull expansion pack for each version with a few cool bonuses the way they are selling the title.

now,
I THINK there was a cliff hanger in the end of B&W. been a long time since I beat the story. If so, this is fine to an extent (still, that single middle version like "gray version would make sense). if this is a whole new spiel of stuff that just happens to be in Unova and has little to no correlation with the first B&W story, or a repeat with just a few more areas to venture into then no. just no. I will stop there. with that said, ultimately, why push Reshiram and Zekrom then? they had their 15 minutes of fame in part 1! I want to know about Kyurem's story now!

organized summary:

Technical:
First thoughts: 2 copies? really? why not just one single copy like "gray version" with a Kyurem on it that has the best of both worlds? this current hybrid design and title is really un-appealing and detracts the value of the original legendaries. It's telling me as if the old concepts were trashy and a re-design was in order . If Kyurem is the main attraction of this new sequel, put Kyurem on the cover! don't saturate legendaries from part 1 by putting them on the cover and making 2 copies because of that. plus, a save on money if only one version was made.

Second thoughts: the only way I could see this "2 copies/part 2" design work is if they were sticking to the original plan of how unique Black version and white version are in their interactive game play with friends. but weren't the past games always like that? I think It has something to do with the "super unique" Global link ups and other wifi based content B&W debuted, and the producer want's to keep that emphasized. this is always a touchy topic on how story content is possibly sacrificed for extraneous content in a game.

Story: art direction aside, either a brand new adventure with an awesome sequel, or the same game again with just a little more added to it. I really hope it is not the second prediction... if so, I wont be getting it.
-----------------------
these are just theories, thoughts/concerns, and predictions. I seriously, like every one else, have to see more to get a bigger picture on this whole thing for my view points to change.

Leviathan
Feb 26, 2012, 02:38 AM
It should take place in space.

God, I want space suits.

Rei-San
Feb 26, 2012, 02:47 AM
in an odd ranting mood atm. going to probably say a mouthful.

meh. I've been following the series since it came out. no use to just stop getting the new releases.
I need more info on this though before I can ultimately draw the line on getting the new versions.

BUT for right now, the Kyurem hybrid legendaries on the box art and the very unoriginal "B&W 2" title makes me nervous. what TF happend to the predicted Gray version with Kyurem on the cover? it feels like they are breaking away from the traditional format where the third game (yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) would be the extension or different approach in the story. this just sounds like a dull expansion pack for each version with a few cool bonuses the way they are selling the title.

now,
I THINK there was a cliff hanger in the end of B&W. been a long time since I beat the story. If so, this is fine to an extent (still, that single middle version like "gray version would make sense). if this is a whole new spiel of stuff that just happens to be in Unova and has little to no correlation with the first B&W story, or a repeat with just a few more areas to venture into then no. just no. I will stop there. with that said, ultimately, why push Reshiram and Zekrom then? they had their 15 minutes of fame in part 1! I want to know about Kyurem's story now!

organized summary:

Technical:
First thoughts: 2 copies? really? why not just one single copy like "gray version" with a Kyurem on it that has the best of both worlds? this current hybrid design and title is really un-appealing and detracts the value of the original legendaries. It's telling me as if the old concepts were trashy and a re-design was in order . If Kyurem is the main attraction of this new sequel, put Kyurem on the cover! don't saturate legendaries from part 1 by putting them on the cover and making 2 copies because of that. plus, a save on money if only one version was made.

Second thoughts: the only way I could see this "2 copies/part 2" design work is if they were sticking to the original plan of how unique Black version and white version are in their interactive game play with friends. but weren't the past games always like that? I think It has something to do with the "super unique" Global link ups and other wifi based content B&W debuted, and the producer want's to keep that emphasized. this is always a touchy topic on how story content is possibly sacrificed for extraneous content in a game.

Story: art direction aside, either a brand new adventure with an awesome sequel, or the same game again with just a little more added to it. I really hope it is not the second prediction... if so, I wont be getting it.
-----------------------
these are just theories, thoughts/concerns, and predictions. I seriously, like every one else, have to see more to get a bigger picture on this whole thing for my view points to change.

But then again, this kinda works for B/W. Because all of the old versions were just about getting one game and trading with friends too finish 100% of the game. The way that B/W is build, It's heavily encouraging you to buy both games, as each of the game has its big differences and is nearly asking you to interact that way buy being so exclusive.

The old versions didn't have that. It was literally the same game with different pokemon, and the 3rd game just merged them and gave minor upgrades that fixed problems the last two had.

B/W2 is still trying to keep that exclusiveness I bet. But I hope they add more than just put the game in a suit and tie and make it look nice. An expansion is what i'm after. I hope we do go to a new unexplored region of Unova, and find out what happens with N, Ghetis, and Team Plasma. I hope that they do add/return minor stuff like give us secret bases, ribbons, ects.

I also hope we can some how transfer out data to the expansion/sequel... But we'll see what direction they go in.

...And some of you were talking about a 3d pokemon game like Colosseum? Sounds like a fine idea, but the only 3d pkemon game I want to see right now is a Pokemon stadium B&W. Not PBR2, but a console game that went back to is roots in stadium.

Dr. Montague
Feb 26, 2012, 09:56 AM
now,

Just for those who don't know the ending to Black/White and do not mind spoilers, as this is your warning:
Black and White had different plots in terms of which hero you represented and which hero N represented (You represented Truth in Black while N was Ideals, and vice versa for White). Now, with the ending, flies off on Zekrom/Reshiram (again, another version difference) and you later hear from Looker that N is in a far away land with a Dragon pokemon (presumably his legendary). You also learn that Ghetsis escaped from jail and his whereabouts are currently unknown.

As for what I think the sequel could possibly contain:
The version mascots for Black2/White2 have been switched if anyone didn't notice. Reshiram in Black now corresponds with Zekrom/Kyurem in Black 2 and Zekrom now corresponds with Reshiram/Kyurem. What I think this could be is the possibility of this game taking place in the region that N is said to have gone to, and details what happened to N and the remaining Dragon.

Of course, as far as 3rd versions go, that's incredibly unlikely >_>

Or 2 sequels because
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/038/337/gif.gif

It should take place in space.

God, I want space suits.

This comment is so full of win.

darkante
Feb 26, 2012, 10:06 AM
A sequel aye. Letīs see if they can keep it interesting.

And maybe have you battle higher level uncatchable pokemon so you can grind for exp without bleeding your eyes out on onesided trainers.
And i demand more exp as well. Itīs still slow as hell.

Rashiid
Feb 26, 2012, 10:13 AM
They're probably going with two because even the Movie had two variations. Perhaps Japan liked that concept.

FOkyasuta
Feb 26, 2012, 11:00 AM
I just thought they were running outta names for the games. But still, they might fix some broken things although, i dont really remember anything being broken.

Rashiid
Feb 26, 2012, 11:31 AM
I believe there's a glitch with Sky Drop online? Something about a Pokemon never returning down if used with a certain move.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Feb 26, 2012, 12:57 PM
WHYYYYYYYYY if they want to sell the 3DS there's no better way of doing it than having a 3DS exclusive major pokemon game, so why would they put it on the 3DS amidst all of the 1st games they're trying to use to make people buy a 3DS (Kid Icarus: Uprising, Luigi's Mansion2, a new 2D mario, Super Smash brothers, Animal Crossing, a newly announced 3D Zelda) you'd think Pokemon would be a no brainer here...

Weeaboolits
Feb 26, 2012, 05:08 PM

That's how it worked in Colosseum and XD, if memory serves.